#1 Posted by sbpart01 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi. I would like to pick up some Daredevil trades so i was wondering what you all recommended. I know the Frank Miller and Bendis runs seem to be the most popular. Im fairly new to comics and have never read any Daredevil, all I know about him is what was in the movie, which I know was awful. Thanks for your help.

#2 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7774 posts) - - Show Bio

@sbpart01:

Yeah, if your going to pick up Daredevil trades Frank Miller and Bendis are a great place to start. I haven't read any of there Daredevil stuff but there both awesome writers. You can't go wrong picking those up.

#3 Posted by Fenderxx (388 posts) - - Show Bio

The current run by mark waid is good, i think there is just one trade out now,

#4 Edited by Billy Batson (57905 posts) - - Show Bio

Start with Miller's and then Nocenti's, the whole vol. 2 and stop before Shadowland and then start with Waid's run.

@fenderxx said:

The current run by mark waid is good, i think there is just one trade out now,

There's four...Four hardcovers and three softcovers.

BB

#5 Posted by TDK_1997 (14642 posts) - - Show Bio

Miller's run,Nocenti's run,Bendis' run and then Waid's run.

#6 Edited by sbpart01 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the advice. Looks like Miller is first up.

#7 Posted by JSH92 (414 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (11326 posts) - - Show Bio

Anything Frank Miller

Bendis is a must

Brubaker is a must

Nocenti & Chicherster's runs are pretty damn good.But a lot of their work aren't collected in tpb's

Denny O'neal's run is underated.He has some really good stuff

Stay far away from Mark Waid,you're better off reading Spider-man.

Just my opinion .Good luck!

#9 Edited by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently finished the Frank Miller run, as well as the Born Again story. It's important to the character, but I don't know if it was the most enjoyable experience. It definitely has some cool moments, but it hasn't exactly aged that well in my opinion.

#10 Edited by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

I recently finished the Frank Miller run, as well as the Born Again story. It's important to the character, but I don't know if it was the most enjoyable experience. It definitely has some cool moments, but it hasn't exactly aged that well in my opinion.

I thought that it was great, but you're right, some of it hasn't really aged that well. I found the issue where Bullseye sees Daredevils everywhere to be darkly hilarious.

#11 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5006 posts) - - Show Bio

Start with Frank Millers original run, his Born Again run and his mini Man Without Fear with JR JR, Ann Nocenti's run, Daredevil Yellow by Loeb(I know most people hate Loeb but this book is worth it), Kevin Smiths run, Bendis run, Brubaker's run and Mark Waids current run. Oh yeah get Daredevil End of Days by Bendis also.

#12 Posted by SavageDragon (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank Miller. Nuff said.