Good Avengers Stories?

spideyKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By spideyKK

I am a fairly new reader to comics, though I have read quite a bit of Spider-man stories. I also want to start reading Avengers Stories, so would anyone have any suggestions or recommendations, Thanks.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@spideykk: There are a ton of great Avengers stories out there. Here is a list of my favorite Marvel stories which a lot of them are Avengers.

Favorite Marvel Stories

My favorite ones are Kang Dynasty, Ultron Unlimited, Avengers Forever, Under Siege, Red Zone, Kree/ Skrull Wars, and the first two Ultimates collections.

Ultron Unlimited, Kang Dynasty, and Avengers Forever are all written by Kurt Busiek between 1998 and 2002. Kang Dynasty wrapped up his run and is one of my favorite stories of all time. Ultron Unlimited is a four issue story illustrated by George Perez pretty early on in his run that I hope the second Avengers movie will draw inspiration. Avengers Forever is a 12 issue mini series that he wrote that is a fantastic story that shows a ton of important Avengers events. That story and Kang Dynasty made Kang one of my favorite characters and my favorite villain. Kurt Busieks whole run (Avengers Volume 3 which is 56 issues) is fantastic and full of great character moments and other fantastic stories in the run like the Morgan Conquest and the Nefaria Protocols

Under Siege and Kree/Skrull War are older stories but excellent. Under Siege is about the Masters of Evil taking down the Avengers and has some great character moments. Kree/Skrull is a great space adventure.

Ultimates 1 and Ultimates 2 were written by Mark Millar and drawn by Brian Hitch. It is a modern reinterpretation of the Avengers and seems to be a large influence on the movie universe.

Red Zone is part of the short run the Geoff Johns had on the Avengers before he went exclusive with DC around 2003 or 2004. It has some real good character moments with a great story.

Let me know if you have any questions.

spideyKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Cool, Thanks for the suggestions.