Goku's Mother Revealed! *Update*

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blade_R

So in case you haven't heard Akira Toriyama made an announcement in an interview that has shed a tiny bit of light on Goku's mother. Here is the quote...

"As for her appearance and such, you’ll find out if you read the bonus comic in the collected release of Jaco the Galactic Patrolman. Her name was Gine, and a long time ago, she fought on a four-person team together with Bardock. Gine had a gentle personality and wasn’t cut out as a warrior, being repeatedly saved from danger by Bardock. At that time, a special emotion was born between them. Normally, Saiyans don’t have much of a notion of romance or marriage, and apart from the royal family of Vegeta, they aren’t particular about blood-relationships. Being in among all that, I suppose you could say that the pair of Bardock and Gine were those rare Saiyans who were joined by a bond other than for the purpose of reproduction. Incidentally, Gine, who was not cut out as a warrior, would go on to work at the meat distribution center on Planet Vegeta."

He also went on to say that if there were another Dragon Ball movie he might want Vegeta to get the spotlight this time around, here is the other quote on that statement...

" As for Vegeta, in the event that there’s talk of another animated film, then next time, I’d like him to play the main role. (Of course, this is nothing more than intentions, and I haven’t decided anything at all.)"

So that's it, I know its not groundbreaking Dragon Ball news but I thought id post it for the Dragon Ball fans who might have missed it.

*Update*

Sorry for being so late on this as I forgot about it, but we finally get to see what Goku's mother looked like in her younger years. Instead of posting every picture ill just post a link that shows some official pictures of her.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/04/12/we-finally-get-to-meet-gokus-mother-and-we-think-shes-a-real-cutie/

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's cute, doesn't seem entirely like Bardock, but cute.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

And Dragon Ball as we know it will never be the same....

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blade_R
jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jeepeh
No Caption Provided

}}}"She doesn't look so tough, I could kill her with my eyes closed"

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Blade_R

@jeepeh said:
No Caption Provided

Lmao master roshi could probably take her, she was on bardock's team but she apparently was not cut out for fighting, so she ended up working at a meat factory instead lol

jeepeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

@jeepeh said:
No Caption Provided

Lmao master roshi could probably take her, she was on bardock's team but she apparently was not cut out for fighting, so she ended up working at a meat factory instead lol

.... Oh gosh my dirty mind.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blade_R

@jeepeh said:

@blade_r said:

@jeepeh said:
No Caption Provided

.... Oh gosh my dirty mind.

lol
lol

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By JakeN7

I read the translated manga about a month or two back. It's really cute, and I like Gine, but there's no way it could be canon. It completely disregards everything about Goku's origin, and even Bardock's story.

I've heard reports of canonicity as inferred by Toriyama though. So, I'm thinking the character of Gine may be canon, but that little bonus story (where we incidentally are first introduced to her) is not.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Cool.

Perfect opportunity to say working in a meat factory making sandwiches and you missed it. Losing your touch.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hooray! Finally!

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Raditz looks like his mom.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

I read the translated manga about a month or two back. It's really cute, and I like Gine, but there's no way it could be canon. It completely disregards everything about Goku's origin, and even Bardock's story.

I've heard reports of canonicity as inferred by Toriyama though. So, I'm thinking the character of Gine may be canon, but that little bonus story (where we incidentally are first introduced to her) is not.

Agreed, im kind of in the same boat. I believe she is a canon character but im not so sure about that particular story. But yes i thought it was cute as well, gine is adorable lmao.

Rithik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rithik
MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or does Gine look a fair bit younger than Bardock? Might be the complete lack of muscle tone.

I2edShift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for posting this, a really cool bit of info for the DB/Z/GT fans... On another note, Gine looks a lot like Pan, only with a serious case of sex hair. LOL

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish Fasha would have been Goku's mom instead

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Blade_R

@rithik said:

Recently, there had been an interview with Akira Toriyama. In this interview, he gives some information of Android 17, Buu, Bills and so on.

Here is the link to the interview. http://www.saiyanisland.com/2014/05/akira-toriyama-reveals/

Yeah i was thinking about making a thread about that and post a link to that q&a with akira but i didn't want to make a 3rd dragon ball thread in 1 day lol people will start getting angry lmao its intresting though, like how we find out bibidy didn't create buu, bills was the one who sealed the old kia in the z sword, 17 gets married and adopts 2 children lol lots of cool stuff in that interview.

The one i was gonna post is pretty much the same just a different site and with some small rumors at the end.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/21668/20140509/dragon-ball-z-super-saiyan-5.htm

(ignore the ssj5 thing as we all know it was fake anyway lol)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That chapter was easily the worst manga chapter I've ever read in my life. If that's canon, everything good and cool about DB/DBZ just went to sh*t.

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or does Gine look a fair bit younger than Bardock? Might be the complete lack of muscle tone.

Lol no she does. I thought the exact same thing when i first saw her, she looks like a teenager to me lol

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By those_eyes
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

That chapter was easily the worst manga chapter I've ever read in my life. If that's canon, everything good and cool about DB/DBZ just went to sh*t.

Have they ever given an update on Future Trunk's status after the Cell saga? I know the video games have said a few things here and there

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@arturocalakayvee said:

Have they ever given an update on Future Trunk's status after the Cell saga? I know the video games have said a few things here and there

Not that I know of. Are the video games canon in the Trunks-verse? And I wonder if Trunks' timeline will be considered one of the 9(?) alternate universes.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@daredevil21134 said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Not that I know of. Are the video games canon in the Trunks-verse? And I wonder if Trunks' timeline will be considered one of the 9(?) alternate universes.

If it didn't happen in the manga or anime I say no. He's my favorite character and definitely the cooler Trunks version so I hope he someday returns in a movie or something

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

YES!...Vegeta is going to kick some ass in the next movie! :)

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Considering Goku's SSJ3 fight against Bills...and Vegeta's SSJ2 fight against bills...they would need to make Vegeta get to SSJ3 level for him to be equal or even above (God) Goku.

Rithik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blade_r said:

Yeah i was thinking about making a thread about that and post a link to that q&a with akira but i didn't want to make a 3rd dragon ball thread in 1 day lol people will start getting angry lmao its interesting though, like how we find out bibidy didn't create buu, bills was the one who sealed the old kia in the z sword, 17 gets married and adopts 2 children lol lots of cool stuff in that interview.

The one i was gonna post is pretty much the same just a different site and with some small rumors at the end.

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/21668/20140509/dragon-ball-z-super-saiyan-5.htm

It makes sense in a way, how can bibidy create a being stronger than him. The summoning makes sense. And i was happy to learn what happened to Android 17 after Cell saga, and how Mr. Satan came to be as he know him now.

I do wonder what Toriyama means that Goku by learning his SSJ level need not go to SSJ2 and SSJ3, which were just powered up versions of SSJ. Does mean that by mastering SSJ and SSG Goku and Vegeta, will be in a different plane of power ?

Who knows, what Toriyama happened ?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rithik said:

@blade_r said:

Yeah i was thinking about making a thread about that and post a link to that q&a with akira but i didn't want to make a 3rd dragon ball thread in 1 day lol people will start getting angry lmao its interesting though, like how we find out bibidy didn't create buu, bills was the one who sealed the old kia in the z sword, 17 gets married and adopts 2 children lol lots of cool stuff in that interview.

It makes sense in a way, how can bibidy create a being stronger than him. The summoning makes sense. And i was happy to learn what happened to Android 17 after Cell saga, and how Mr. Satan came to be as he know him now.

I do wonder what Toriyama means that Goku by learning his SSJ level need not go to SSJ2 and SSJ3, which were just powered up versions of SSJ. Does mean that by mastering SSJ and SSG Goku and Vegeta, will be in a different plane of power ?

Who knows, what Toriyama happened ?

Agreed, I found all of that very interesting. And as for the last part, im not sure. Apparently once goku used ssjg he now has that power from now on in the regular ssj form or something, but yeah i do believe they will be in a different plane of power.