Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Goku vs Tsukuyomi Poll (75 votes)

Goku ends up in a comma. 28%
Goku endures it but is still damaged to an unknown extent. 28%
Goku breaks out of it somehow. 44%
No Caption Provided
      • Let's say this is Buu saga Goku.
  • Assuming tsukuyomi works on him and that he is already trapped in it, could it be enough to bring down Goku or do anything at all? Or would Goku find a way to break out of it?
  • Itachi will be using it in the same manner as with Kakashi, 72 hours of incessant stabbing.
  • Take into account that this is a mental attack, not a physical one, so it shouldn't matter how much physical damage Goku has sustained before.
  • If physical durability or strength really came into play then Kakashi would have been killed by at least the first 3 to 10 katana stabbings inside tsukuyomi, so that point should be out of the question.
  • Saying Itachi can't damage Goku mentally because he's much stronger physically is the same as saying Professor X can't damage let's say Daredevil or Spider-man just because they're physically stronger than him.
  • Also, keep in mind that it lasts 72 hours in the victim's mind while just a moment in the outside world.
 • 
iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By iUseMyCajonas

Assume he has full control over his ki. And he always lowers his power level to like, 0 when he is never doing anything. So. Yes, he could break out of it.

This is all assuming ki equals chakra if it's working on him in the first place.

GetOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrortuga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There's already a thread about this.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GetOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jesse536801

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just voted and i made my point clear on the original thread so I won't get into detail here. But Goku dies if Itachi wishes

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Tsukiyomi is invincible.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Just_Banter

This thread has been made a billion times by now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Goku gets rekt so hard he ends up becoming a key grammatical technique.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being Durable doesn't affect Genjutsu at all, it's attack mind, Itachi just imagine that Goku doesn't have good durability and it'll happen.

so Goku will end up in a coma

MrUnsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MrUnsmiley

Wasn't this done already?

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: It's a Genjutsu attack. If he can focus his ki he can get out of it. Only person who can't in dbz is like, Broly or Kid Buu.

GetOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrunsmiley: Yes, but this one is a poll, just wanna see what the members of CV think in an easier more summarized way... like a poll.

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RandomSid82

Yeah, I voted and my opinion hasn't changed since the other thread.

GetOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getout said:

@randomsid: so... you voted for the 2nd one?

Yes, I believe it would hurt him some, but he would endure it.

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getout: I don't really understand. It was stated that if you could control your chakra perfectly you could get out of genjutsu.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: It's a Genjutsu attack. If he can focus his ki he can get out of it. Only person who can't in dbz is like, Broly or Kid Buu.

He can't, he never do something like that.

People with Sharingan ( It should deflect Telepathic attack ) Fail to get out from Itachi's Tsukuyomi.

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By InFamous_Wolf

Imma have to go with Goku in a comma.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku gets out eventually, unscathed. Remember, Goku broke out of the Afterlife to save Gohan against Bojack, which not many, if any at all, anime characters have done before. I'm sure a little mental-play wouldn't phase him, considering Vegeta basically gave Babidi the middle finger during his whole "mental control" bit. =3

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku gets out eventually, unscathed. Remember, Goku broke out of the Afterlife to save Gohan against Bojack, which not many, if any at all, anime characters have done before. I'm sure a little mental-play wouldn't phase him, considering Vegeta basically gave Babidi the middle finger during his whole "mental control" bit. =3

Break out of after life? so what

Vegeta is not Goku

Anyway Tsukuyomi has sent people with Telepathic resistance to a coma

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

Vegeta is not Goku

So what? What other anime character can do that? I'm not talking about characters who can casually pass over. I'm talking about ones who are so powerful that they can break through dimensional barriers that not only prohibit but keep out anyone else nearly as powerful as Goku. Don't downplay that fact, it's quite amazing and daring.

No one said Vegeta was Goku. I used Vegeta as an example for, during that moment of the anime, Goku was much more powerful than him and Vegeta withstood mental control, allowing just the power-up he'd receive from it. That says a lot, really.

Were any of those people as powerful as Goku? I doubt they were.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

Vegeta is not Goku

So what? What other anime character can do that? I'm not talking about characters who can casually pass over. I'm talking about ones who are so powerful that they can break through dimensional barriers that not only prohibit but keep out anyone else nearly as powerful as Goku. Don't downplay that fact, it's quite amazing and daring.

I said So what because it's doesn't matter At all

No one said Vegeta was Goku. I used Vegeta as an example for, during that moment of the anime, Goku was much more powerful than him and Vegeta withstood mental control, allowing just the power-up he'd receive from it. That says a lot, really.

Did you actually read my post?

Were any of those people as powerful as Goku? I doubt they were.

Physically? No, Their Telepathic or Genjutsu resistance? Yes

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:
@urban_ninja_x said:

Vegeta is not Goku

No, Vegeta is not Goku, Vegeta allowed Babidi to control him(sort of), Goku didn't allow it at all.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Khael

@randomsid said:
@khael said:
@urban_ninja_x said:

Vegeta is not Goku

No, Vegeta is not Goku, Vegeta allowed Babidi to control him(sort of), Goku didn't allow it at all.

Okay

And that's it?

Read my last statement

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: Are you kidding me? Goku, being able to bust all odds and transition from one side of a barrier no one can breach, to the other side, doesn't matter? That speaks volumes on what Goku is capable of in times of duress. I'm alluding to the idea that Goku, having traversed the dimensions of Afterlife to the Living Realm in order to save his son from being crushed, could very well break free from the Tsukuyomi's grasp and, plausibly, shatter Itachi's hold on him. I don't think you even realize the magnitude of that ability.

I read your posts, it said... "Vegeta is not Goku." And I responded back. *waves over your head.*

Among Goku's repertoire of abilities, one of them is telepathy. Though we don't see him using it extensively, other than to communicate, there is the concept of him having trained his mind to enhance his senses. This, I believe, was covered before in the original thread. It's stated that Goku could use his supernatural senses to figure out someone is playing with his mind - especially when we know Vegeta become awfully aware of Babidi real quick.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#29 god_spawn  Moderator
GetOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: Are you kidding me? Goku, being able to bust all odds and transition from one side of a barrier no one can breach, to the other side, doesn't matter? That speaks volumes on what Goku is capable of in times of duress. I'm alluding to the idea that Goku, having traversed the dimensions of Afterlife to the Living Realm in order to save his son from being crushed, could very well break free from the Tsukuyomi's grasp and, plausibly, shatter Itachi's hold on him. I don't think you even realize the magnitude of that ability.

I read your posts, it said... "Vegeta is not Goku." And I responded back. *waves over your head.*

Among Goku's repertoire of abilities, one of them is telepathy. Though we don't see him using it extensively, other than to communicate, there is the concept of him having trained his mind to enhance his senses. This, I believe, was covered before in the original thread. It's stated that Goku could use his supernatural senses to figure out someone is playing with his mind - especially when we know Vegeta become awfully aware of Babidi real quick.

Yes, it doesn't matter, it has nothing to do with illusion or Telepathy, Tsukuyomi is illusion, after life living real is not, it has nothing to do with that

I'm talking about Itachi manage to perform tsukuyomi to Another Sharingan user, Sharingan SHOULD resist real telepathic attack

Telepathy we're talking about is on another level, it's not talking or noticing to anybody, it can hurt and Controlling somebody

ValarMelkor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assuming Goku actually got caught in Tsukuyomi (He wouldn't though) He doesn't have the feats to get out of it.

Inhumanly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku definitely wouldn't be able to get out of it, but I honestly believe he could endure it.

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

Yes, it doesn't matter, it has nothing to do with illusion or Telepathy, Tsukuyomi is illusion, after life living real is not, it has nothing to do with that

I'm talking about Itachi manage to perform tsukuyomi to Another Sharingan user, Sharingan SHOULD resist real telepathic attack

Telepathy we're talking about is on another level, it's not talking or noticing to anybody, it can hurt and Controlling somebody

My argument isn't whether the Afterlife is real or not. I'm giving you one of several amazing feats Goku has accomplished and you're downplaying it without any relevant data to counter. In the end, it does matter, because it's a testament to how powerful Goku's willpower is; so much so that if he absolutely wants to, he will cross dimensional boundaries when laws of reality prevent it. If he's able to do that, he's more than likely able to yank himself out of the Tsukuyomi; also, I never said he could use telepathy to do that, I said he could telepathy to figure out he was in an illusion.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
MiracleComeBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku went through hell and came back out with no problem. He survives til genjutsu depletes

iUseMyCajonas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iUseMyCajonas

@khael: He literally focuses his ki down to low levels all of the time. Hell, that's his only weakness. The fact that he relaxes too easily.

GetOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GetOut

@urban_ninja_x: Are the movies cannon?

EDIT: I mean that movie with Bojack... ?

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getout: No movie, other than Battle of Gods and Revival of F, are canon. However, that doesn't negate the feat, simply because he has crossed dimensions earlier in the anime series.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

My argument isn't whether the Afterlife is real or not. I'm giving you one of several amazing feats Goku has accomplished and you're downplaying it without any relevant data to counter. In the end, it does matter, because it's a testament to how powerful Goku's willpower is; so much so that if he absolutely wants to, he will cross dimensional boundaries when laws of reality prevent it. If he's able to do that, he's more than likely able to yank himself out of the Tsukuyomi; also, I never said he could use telepathy to do that, I said he could telepathy to figure out he was in an illusion.

I'm downplaying it because it has nothing to do with the context, crossing dimension has nothing to do with illusion, why won't you get that? God give me strength

even if he figure out, it's an illusion, he won't counter anything, Kakashi know that it was an illusion, did he counter it? No, Itachi sent him to a coma

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Goku 4 da coma.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coma but I think there's a good chance he has the mental fortitude to endure it as well....I just can't prove it cuz DBZ lacks sufficient TP feats

GetOut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread has been made a billion times by now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Goku gets rekt so hard he ends up becoming a key grammatical technique.

No Caption Provided

Lol, typo.

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: "It has nothing to do with context." You don't understand the severity of the feat. You downplay it because you can't counter or compare such a feat to another anime character. There is no logic to your argument. And you've completely missed my point several times.

Here's a repeat. I've bold and underlined the important part.

"In the end, it does matter, because it's a testament to how powerful Goku's willpower is; so much so that if he absolutely wants to, he will cross dimensional boundaries when laws of reality prevent it."

Goku's willpower is spectacular, above that of Superman, Batman, and Dr. Doom's. Goku's willpower is what will help him, alongside his telepathy, discover that he is within the confines of Itachi's Tsukuyomi. He is smart enough, when faced with danger, to figure things out and find the weakness in them, as he has proven over and over again. There may not be an obvious weakness, but there is an inherent one. Itachi's decision. Goku can bank on that if he played his cards right. And you know there's a possibility that he could sway Itachi.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@urban_ninja_x: Willpower won't counter genjutsu, Genjutsu is not really work like Telepathy

So he smart enough to what? no, just no

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he doesn't blitz, and gets captured, he doesn't have the feats to survive it.

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael: Cool. You thinking he's not smart enough is just your opinion.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@urban_ninja_x: Batman always find a way to beat his oppenent

Can he escape from tsukuyomi? No

Urban_Ninja_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

@urban_ninja_x: Batman always find a way to beat his oppenent

Can he escape from tsukuyomi? No

I say he can. To each their own.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By flashback0180

All he needs to do is distrub distrub his ki/chakra to escape from genjutsu.

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Reno117

Goku doesn't have the feats to get out of it. Itachi stated that Tsukuyomi can only be broken by a Sharingan user that shares the same blood as him, as demonstrated when Sasuke overcame Itachi's Tsukuyomi in their battle. Tsukuyomi is noted to be one of the most powerful genjutsu in existence, if not the most powerful. Itachi's prowess with the technique has allowed him to alter the perception of time with ease within the genjutsu to make a few seconds seem like many days as a means to torture the target. This results in the victim suffering heavy psychological trauma. Therefore, Goku cannot break out of Tsukuyomi because he does not share the same blood as Itachi's, he does not have a Sharingan and he can't disturb his own Ki by the moment Tsukuyomi is not a mere genjutsu but it traps the target within an illusion, completely under the user's control. So Goku ends up in coma.

Debate is over. @getout