Goku vs Bills fight video (in case anyone's curious)

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just in case anyone's curious about this Bills, and Super Saiyan god characters everyone's (mostly DBZ fans) have been talking about.

Here's a video to the fight, in HD or course

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Honestly? In terms of animation that was highly disappointing IMO.

I mean look at the Evangelion films.

I don't know the budget for those films and this one...but this fight was pretty lame imo.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really? I loved the animation.

The real problem was the time, the Bills vs Goku fight lasted for 10 minutes out of a 85 minute video, which had a hell load of talking in between, so it was pretty much 6 minutes.

Also the "space battle" lasted like 10 seconds, and the "big" Kamehameha was just a big ball of energy exploding on Bills. And had like 4 minutes of Goku holding Bills attack back.... literally just that...

Disappointing is the understatement of the century.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager@ximpossibrux As much as I hate to admit it, you're both right. It almost feels like they threw the idea together last minute or something. The animation was great though. Anyways, this goes down as one of the shortest DBZ fights I've ever seen

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

Really? I loved the animation.

Yes. It was weak as hell IMO.

The sound track was pretty lame in that clip too.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By houseshm

the animation was brilliant and I really liked seeing goku and bills fighting in space. Now people cant say goku cant breath in space anymore.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

*sigh* I hate Goku's real voice so much

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wait...Bills effortlessly stomps Goku in SS3, but yet he put's up a better fight in his base and SS1 form...what sense does that make.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Watched the whole thing last night, I wasn't disappointed per-se, because I knew it was going to be just some goofy quickly-thrown together thing like all the non-canon DBZ productions are. (Low expectations ;) ). Although I didn't care for how the tone switched between goofy & serious SO. MANY. TIMES. It wasn't natural (or funny) at all. I did think the SSG form was a let-down, but I think with newer technology (to animate thing) Ki attacks look MUCH cooler (it would be cool to see all of DBZ with this technology).

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatguywithheadphones: After he first turned into the Super Saiyan god form, his body basically adapted to that level of power and his base form now is most likely stronger than SSJ3

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wait...Bills effortlessly stomps Goku in SS3, but yet he put's up a better fight in his base and SS1 form...what sense does that make.

Cause he absorbed the God power in him.

Because SSG 'time limit' plot devices are gay.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@unbreakable_fs4: @ximpossibrux: This is what I consider great animation by the way

Loading Video...

Its no comparison for me. The DBZ fight is pretty disappointing.

Like I said though. I have no idea what their budgets are so, *shrug*. I guess I was just hoping for amazing animation in a DBZ film in this day and age as the fight scenes are really the only selling point for the franchise, lol.

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: Agreed. The animation was far better than the usual stuff, especially Bills's attack. When I was watching it I thought he created a star or something lol

unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Alright I'll give you that one. The Sword of the Stranger fight scene has better animation but this is DBZ were talking about here, the animators are known to be notoriously lazy to the point they use sonic booms when they don't want to draw the actual fight lol ..I guess I'm saying I'm happy they finally stepped it up a level.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This fight lack the scale I was hoping for, I was excepting some Gurren Laggan level stuff, planet bursting, and out racing light beam but here...it's just an standard DBZ battle.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watched the whole thing last night, I wasn't disappointed per-se, because I knew it was going to be just some goofy quickly-thrown together thing like all the non-canon DBZ productions are. (Low expectations ;) ). Although I didn't care for how the tone switched between goofy & serious SO. MANY. TIMES. It wasn't natural (or funny) at all. I did think the SSG form was a let-down, but I think with newer technology (to animate thing) Ki attacks look MUCH cooler (it would be cool to see all of DBZ with this technology).

This movie is canon. It was a great movie, what were you expecting exactly? Dragonball has had comedy in it since toriyama made dragonball manga. Then times it was serious like when krillin was killed by king picollo in dragonball. I thought is was funny and had great fight scenes.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Alright I'll give you that one. The Sword of the Stranger fight scene has better animation but this is DBZ were talking about here, the animators are known to be notoriously lazy to the point they use sonic booms when they don't want to draw the actual fight lol ..I guess I'm saying I'm happy they finally stepped it up a level.

Yeah. The only thing I really like was Bills' energy attack. Everything else was a bit lame. Especially that part when the mountain crumpled...it just looked so bad.

I also think any of the Rebuild of Evangelion films all have fantastic animation.

Maybe my expectations were too high? /shrug

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: I may be long removed from the anime scene, but AFAIK if something wasn't in the manga, it's not canon. Is it because Toriyama actually wrote this? (B/c it seems just as odd-balled as that special where Vegeta had a "long lost" brother. The movies made more sense. Even if he did write this (making it "technically" canon), I wouldn't think more highly of it. Even good creators do stuff solely to give the fans more product (regardless of the quality)).

I never said NO comedy - it was the way it was handled. I mean, it went from total jack-assery** to cowering before Bills in a very non-natural way. And Bills himself switched between these things in an unnatural manner. (They sort of pulled that off with Buu, but it wasn't pulled off in this case - IMO).

**(which wasn't funny...IDK, maybe it was b/c it was directly translated & a dubbed version would use lines that would be funny to english speakers (ie: this was funny to people who live in Japanese culture)).

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ximpossibrux

@fallschirmjager:

Awesome animation, but I fail to see how this is the next level.

It did have better animation then the DBZ fight granted, but it wasn't "This is insane animation, wickedly better then the Bills fight"

Of course this is my perspective.

And the mountain crumbling was REALLY bad, i mean I fell off my chair.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: Overall I thought it was a good movie. There were times I thought the movie was rushed and needed to explain more about the bills and whis. Also, I thought the time limit thing for super saiyan god was lame and the way they achieved it. Its great that vegeta got to be stronger than goku for a while which is not the standard. Also, the fact that bills beat goku is totally different from the standard, I wasnt expecting that.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I loved this movie, I hope he decides to make another Manga/Anime.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@ximpossibrux said:

@fallschirmjager:

Awesome animation, but I fail to see how this is the next level.

It did have better animation then the DBZ fight granted, but it wasn't "This is insane animation, wickedly better then the Bills fight"

I thought it was. /shrug.

Again. Might expectations may have been too high. All I know is I'm left pretty heavily wanting.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lightsout

@houseshm: Yea, movies tied to long-running series like DBZ usually leave out a lot of desired information. Haha, yea...the hand-holding thing seemed out of place for the age-group DBZ is aimed at. (/A little to magic-y when their fighting & power-gaining is usually tied to physically training harder). Did Vegeta surpass Goku solely based on 1 word-of-mouth statement? (I forgot by who). That's what I don't like about these non-canon type things, missing logic that would normally be there (ie: he didn't transform to SS3 or anything like that).

Yea, it would have been extra corny if Goku won at the last second.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lightsout: Vegeta didnt really surpass goku. He just had a rage moment when bills slapped bulma and he was able to land a couple blows on bills but then bills put him down with one hit. Goku teased vegeta at the end of the movie that he did it for bulma. Vegeta said that at least he was stronger than goku at that moment but I think bills was just suprised by vegeta outburst. Anyway, goku was able to fight bills for longer so I think its just a statement. However, Vegeta might become Super saiyan god next time. Goku did turn SSJ3 in the movie.

No Caption Provided

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: That's what I would think. That it was just randomly thrown in there to give Vegeta a little shining moment when clearly Goku was going to be the star. (If it had only been Vegeta claiming he was better & Goku placating him at the end, it would have been an obvious joke, but because Roshi said "That Vegeta, he has exceeded Goku!" - it gave undue credibility (for people who can't apply logic).

I know.. I said Vegeta didn't (as reasoning for why he couldn't have surpassed Goku. Hell, if we're going by manga logic, he didn't have electricity so he didn't even turn SS2)

Avatar image for kaijukinggojira
KaijuKingGojira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KaijuKingGojira

I just want a reboot to the series SSJ god is extremely disappointing and flashy.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to go a little off-topic (but the movie made me think of this) -- is it largely because of japanese culture (respect, etc) that everyone treats Kami/Dende/the kais like gods? (at least in the original version - I believe the dub alters some of the language calling them "god" - so it's not as noticeable) Because, coming from not-that-culture, it's ridiculous.

I get maybe Kami was seemingly a god to all the regular humans back when (relatively a lot stronger, and looking down on them from above), and when the Z-fighters weren't that strong Supreme Kai may have been a comparative god, but since the Buu saga the main characters have become much more powerful than any of them. Yet, they still treat them with such reverence. (And not like the respect you'd give an elder, but the kind laced with a little fear - like of a god). I forgot who the exchange was between (in this flick), but someone sassed Dende & someone else said "he's (a) god!" and the first person was ashamed. It's like..it's just another Namekian, lol.