Goku Is A Superman Ripoff:

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@misterjj:

The author stalemates are invalid. You just prove you are a fanboy.

The irony. Author statements are >> your opinion.

The writer Aragon ripoff Lord of The Rings & Star Wars.Yet Christopher Paolini said it was from myth.

Let me fix that statement for you:

"The writer of Inheritance cycle ripped off Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. Yet Christopher Paolini said it was from a myth"

Now that it is fixed, The 'ripped off' part is your opinion. The latter part is from the man who owns the series. The latter holds value, while your opinion..

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1:

@misterjj:

The author stalemates are invalid. You just prove you are a fanboy.

The irony. Author statements are >> your opinion.

The writer Aragon ripoff Lord of The Rings & Star Wars.Yet Christopher Paolini said it was from myth.

Let me fix that statement for you:

"The writer of Inheritance cycle ripped off Lord of the Rings and Star Wars. Yet Christopher Paolini said it was from a myth"

Now that it is fixed, The 'ripped off' part is your opinion. The latter part is from the man who owns the series. The latter holds value, while your opinion..

That is your opinion.I just stated the facts. Manga's do plagiarize.Someone is really b@tthurt.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj said:

@princearagorn1:

That is your opinion.I just stated my opinion.

Fixed.

Manga's do plagiarize.

I say no series ever plagarizes, unless proven in court. And since we're going off unproven opinions, mine is as valid as yours.

Someone is really b@tthurt.

meh. 1/10. You'll need a lot better taunts than those - ironically - unoriginal one.

@misterjj said:

@princearagorn1: I'm guessing your reaction.

No Caption Provided

Full of denial.

My reaction.

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By MisterJJ

@princearagorn1:

Kakashi homage/cameo in Hunter x hunter manga

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25263

http://comipress.com/article/2007/07/09/2267

Plagiarism is not proving in court.lol..

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Rofl, priceless. you completely gave up on your argument, and thought calling goku/superman boring will make me angry - showing you were only making the argument to try to rustle people, not because the argument held any merit.

Later. XD

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By MisterJJ

@princearagorn1: I haven't. I just pointed out that goku is boring just like superman. Like Superman (father), and Goku (son).

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@misterjj said:

@princearagorn1: I haven't. I just pointed out that goku is boring just like superman. Like Superman (father), and Goku (son).

Meh, your personal opinions..

The other two are fan made nonsense, nothing official there. The only legit similarity is they escaped from a destroyed homeworld, but as the licence-holder said, goku was based on Jttw.

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: They are so similar.This what happens if you combine main of steel trailer with dbz.

Loading Video...

@misterjj said:

Meh, your personal opinions.. The other two are fan made nonsense, nothing official there.

lol...

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By MisterJJ

@princearagorn1: Another nail in the coffin.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Now its buried.

Oh This...

Loading Video...

and this..

Loading Video...

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj said:

@princearagorn1: Another nail in the coffin.

Now its buried.

Oh This...

and this..

lol, none of them are official, they're just fan-mixes. You don't know anything about man of steel or dragonball, I see. And since they're just fan opinions, an opinion is enough to discard them - so goku and superman are not related. Got anything else? don't hold back. Let's see if you can actually come up with anything legit.

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Prove to Goku is the Monkey King in Dbz.The plot should match with Journey To The West. I even proved to you with it. You just ignored what I posted.

You are either:

A: Delusional Fanboy.

B: A person who is in denial that are special series is a ripoff.

This is based on Journey to the West.

Loading Video...

Show me where are the spaceships,aliens,planet destruction,etc..

Someone does not know what they are talking about.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@misterjj said:

@princearagorn1: Prove to Goku is the Monkey King in Dbz.The plot should match with Journey To The West. I even proved to you with it. You just ignored what I posted.

You are either:

You still don't get it, do you? I'm neither of those. I'm just completely rejecting your opinion, because that's literally all it is - opinion of another random internet user with no value to it, something that's made void by simple disagreement of opinion of any other user. Saying 'no' is all it takes.

Only words that actually matters is the licence holder's, or something that has been proven officially. As angry as it is making you, it's the truth.

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1: Than TMNT Michael Bay did not ripoff amazing spiderman. According to your statement.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj said:

@princearagorn1: Than TMNT Michael Bay did not ripoff amazing spiderman. According to your statement.

lol, how hard is it to grasp? I can say either yes of no regardless of what you think, and it's still equally valid. That's the point.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

superman ripped off goku super saiyan and super saiyan god forms and screaming to get more powerful

no one cares

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj said:

You are either:

Loading Video...

GG you lose

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get outta here! Get out of town right now!

No Caption Provided

Get out of here or face the wrath of the fandom.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By SinnTek1

@misterjj: Actually you're wrong. Goku is a ripoff of :

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs51/i/2009/265/4/4/Monkey_King_by_LuigiL.jpg

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By flashback0180

@misterjj said:

@princearagorn1: @flashback0180:

Jerry Seigal said that Superman is based on Doc Savage. In actuality is Hugo Danner.There statements should be taken as a grain of salt.They would be sued. The only reason Dc sued captain marvel,because the creator admitted he did.

Have you read Journey To the West.

Goku (dbz) never traveled with monks to get the scrolls from India.

Goku (dbz) never fought Buddha.

I never knew journey to the west had aliens,planet busting,low gravity, Goku flying,Goku lifting a car, and throwing it,etc..

Ripoff are not bad. It is just the improvements that came before it.

Good works copy,great ones steal.

you fail hard BOY
you fail hard BOY

i'll let toriyama answer my point

COSTUME

When you say yellow or orange, do you mean the color of Goku’s dōgi?

Yes. However, I didn’t make his dōgi that color because I liked it, but rather because it was the color of thedōgi worn by Buddhist monks who trained in China. It was a color particular to China.

CHARACTER : GOKU

It seems that initially you were going to have Goku be an actual monkey.

Yeah, to have it be completely like “Journey to the West”. This wasn’t very innovative, so I decided to have the protagonist be a human, and made him an ordinary boy. But I wanted him to have some kind of distinguishing characteristic.

The protagonist in “Dragon Boy” had wings, so I wanted a distinguishing characteristic in that sense, where you could tell it was him just by looking. So I gave Goku a tail. So even if he was hidden behind a rock, if you could still see his tail you’d know that it was Goku.

From there I added the Dragon Balls, and if you gathered all seven your wish was granted. I thought that if the characters went searching for these, they could go through a journey like in “Journey to the West”.

OTHER CHARACTERS

And so when it was still new in serialization, before the Tenka’ichi Budōkai began, the series had a considerable “Journey to the West” feeling to it.

Bulma was Tripitaka, Oolong was Zhu Bajie, and Yamcha was Sha Wujing. I initially thought that I’d end it after they finished collecting the Dragon Balls.

No Caption Provided

When I drew the Ginyu Special-Squad, my children were watching, so I watched together with them. Tokusatsu is pretty interesting.

So were the poses of the Ginyu Special-Squad an influence from tokusatsu?

That they were. (laughs)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if you look deep enough everything is a ripoff of everything else

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj: Dude, Akira Toriyama made and based most of the characters in Early Dragon Ball around Journey to the West. Look it up.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

gr8b8m8. n8r8's8/8

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah goku is literally Japans answer to superman in the hole Anime/Manga VS Comics thing there at the frontier.

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By MisterJJ

@houseshm: Goku ripoff superman prome one million form, while superman ripoff super saiyan. Goku is a superman ripoff.

Not to mention he ripoff this:

No Caption Provided

Don't forget that Journey to The West had Xenomorphs that can destroy planets.

No Caption Provided

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm: @hylian: @just_banter: @chazz85: @houseshm: @dum529001: @flashback0180: @generator2000: @sinntek1:I did..Show me Goku (dbz) is actually the monkey king. I never saw Goku display shape shift into 72 forms, and create copies from his hair.The monkey king never cared about saving earth, or had the same powers as superman.

I pointing out everything is a ripoff. A ripoff is basically to copy without permission.It does not matter if its a ideal(s),concept(s), theme(s),character archetype(s),etc..

Origin: Pu Ti Zu Shi, the Taoist immortal who taught him the way of immortality and magic, gave Wu Kong this name when he became his disciple. There is a little story behind the surname 'Sun'. In chinese, 'hu sun' is a word for monkey. 'Hu' is made up of the characters 'gu', meaning 'old' and 'yue', meaning 'moon', and with the symbol (we call it bu shou but there's no English equivalent) used in animal names at the left. Old and moon carries negative connotations (moon symbolises yin, negativity) so Pu Ti Zu Shi choose 'sun' as the monkey's surname. If you take away the animal symbol, you get the character 'sun', that is, a different 'sun' meaning 'grandchildren'. It is made up of the characters 'zi', meaning 'child' or 'children' and 'xiao', meaning 'little' or 'small'. Better than old moon, at least. So Pu Ti Zu Shi gave Wu Kong the surname Sun. And he's carried it proudly ever since. ^_^

Variations: Sun Wukong, Sun-Wukong, Sun-Wu-K'ung, Sun-Wu-Kong

English name(s): Monkey

Japanese pronunciation:

Sun Wu Kong - Son Goku

Roughly 850 at the time of the pilgrimage.

Status

- Demonic Immortal (Yao Xian).

- Stone Monkey (Shi Hou).

Original Location

Water Curtain Cave (Shui Lian Dong), Mountain of Flower and Fruit (Hua Guo Shan).

Continent: Dong Sheng Shen Zhou (the eastern continent)

* I strongly suspect that this refers to Japan, as it is situated on the far reaches of the Eastern Sea. Anyway, it doesn't matter if geographically, Wu Kong's not from China, because his personality is symbolic of the Chinese as a people. Helping people in need, putting 'face' and honour high on his priority list, and a certain tendency to shy away from reality are just a few of the identifying traits.

Titles/Other Names

(1) Handsome Monkey King (Mei Hou Wang)

His title when he became king of the monkeys.

(2) Bi Ma Wen

His title as head of the Heavenly Stables when he first went to Heaven. But when he found out that it had no rank whatsoever, he left the post in anger. From then on, he always hated it when anyone called him by that name.

(3) Great Sage Equal of Heaven (Qi Tian Da Sheng)

When he returned to Flower Fruit Mountain after leaving his post as Bi Ma Wen, two single-horned demon kings came to him and suggested that he take the title of Great Sage Equal of Heaven. Wu Kong was very receptive of this idea and called himself by that title from then on. Afterwards, when he defeated all the Heavenly generals sent to capture him, the Jade Emperor (ruler of Heaven) gave him the post of Great Sage Equal of Heaven to placate. It was, of course, an empty post with no work for Wu Kong to do.

Japanese pronunciation: Seiten Taisei

(4) Sun Xing Zhe

Tang San Zang gave Wu Kong the name of Xing Zhe (traveling monk) when he became his disciple. The author uses this form of address for him throughout the pilgrimage (mostly he just uses 'Xing Zhe').

(5) Hun Yuan Yi Qi Shang Fang Tai Yi San Xian (or simply Tai Yi San Xian)

Wu Kong's rank as an immortal. Wu Cheng En didn't elaborate, but from what I gather, it's neither very high nor very low.

(6) Buddha of Victorious Battles (Dou Zhan Sheng Fo)

This was his name when he finally attained Buddhahood or zheng guo. Really suits him, don't you think? ^_^

(7) Sun Hou Zi

'Hou zi' is chinese for 'monkey'. So, literally, 'Monkey Sun'. A kind of informal form of address with little or no respect. Sometimes the author refers to him with this form of address.

Variations: Sun-Hou-Tze

Weapon

Magic Golden-Clasped Rod (Ru Yi Jin Gu Bang)

Origin: Wu Kong got it from the Dragon King of the Eastern Sea.

Weight: 13500 catties, about 8100 kg.

Size: Unlimited. It can grow as tall as the sky or shrink to the size of a needle at will. Wu Kong likes to keep it in his ear when he's not using it. Occasionally, he uses it to sew his clothes.

Japanese pronunciation:

Ru -Nyo

Yi - I

Jin - Kin

Gu - Kou

Bang - Bou

Thus: Nyoikinkoubou

Magical Powers

(1) 72 Transformation (72 Bian)

Allows him to transform himself into anything and anyone. Wu Kong uses it a lot, in all imaginable ways!

Variation 1

He can change all of his hairs into any object, person or animal. After use, he can change them back to hairs.

Variation 2: Body Outside of Body Spell (Shen Wai Shen Fa)

He can amass an army in a few seconds by changing tufts of his hair into monkeys who are capable of fighting.

Variation 3

Allows him to transform one object into another object by chanting a spell and spitting blood on the object. In the case of changing an object into people, he completes the illusion by giving the fakes very simple abilities of speech and movement.

Variation 4

He can multiply his head and hands so that he has three heads and six arms. He also multiplies his magic rod so that he can use three rods at the same time. This is very useful in fighting off crowds of enemies.

Variation 5

He can transform a hair into a fake Wu Kong, freeing his true self to go elsewhere.

Variation 6

He can change his single magic rod into thousands of them which can be used for attacking multiple enemies.

(2) Somersault Cloud (Jin Dou Yun)

Allows him to fly over a distance of 108000 li in one somersault.

Note: Thanks to a reader (J.N.) who commented, we can now ascertain that one li roughly equals 0.5 km.

Japanese pronounciation:

Jin Dou Yun - Kintouun

Quote:

For how long a li really is in this context, I can't find an exactanswer either. How long a li is changed through time in theChinese history. Today, one li is exactly 0.5km. And accordingto http://economy.guoxue.com/article.php/5564 (in Chinese),it was either 0.8316 / 2 = 0.4158km or 1.152/2 = 0.576km,or something not far away from the two in the history. So I guessone li is probably less than one km in this context and all othercontexts.

Therefore, 108000 li roughly equals 54000km. ^o^ Thanks, J.N.!

(3) Body Freezing Spell

I can't believe I forgot this. =_= This is one of Wu Kong's most important powers, the body freezing spell. With a single syllable and a point of his finger, he can magically freeze anyone into immobility. I've never seen him use this on his enemies though, you know, the big bad demon bosses and all that, but he does use it frequently on the minor demons, so I surmise that this spell is only effective on people with weak magical powers.

(4) Water Avoidance Charm (Bi Shui Jue)

Allows him to survive in deep waters. A major drawback is that he can't fight while using this charm.

(5) Fire Avoidance Charm (Bi Huo Jue)

Allows him to go through fire unharmed. This charm doesn't have the Water Avoidance Charm's drawback.

(6) Wind

He can induce very strong winds and windstorms.

(7) Lock-Breaking Spell (Jie Suo Fa)

With a point from his finger or magic rod, all locks will open automatically.

(8) Summoning

He can summon the local gods of any place he goes, that is the Earth Gods, Mountain Gods, River Gods, and the like.

(9) Protective Circle

He can build a protective, albeit invisible wall by drawing a circle on the ground with his magic rod. Anyone staying inside the circle will be safe from harm as long as they don't go out. The one time he used it, San Zang was stupid enough to listen to Ba Jie and ignore Wu Kong's instructions and ended up being captured by a demon.

Abilities

(1) Fiery Golden Eyes (Huo Yan Jin Jing)

When he was burnt in Lao Zi's furnace for 49 days, he sat in a place where there was only smoke, but no fire. Thus he managed to survive the burning, but his eyes were smoked into Fiery Golden Eyes. This enables him to see as far as a thousand li in the day and five, six hundred li at night. Furthermore, he can see through any disguise, illusion, or transformation.

(2) Fighting

He possesses supernatural strength, so much that he feels that only a 8100kg metal rod is suitable for him. This strength and his natural agility gives him an edge in fights. He is efficient in unarmed combat and using various kinds of weapons, though his favored weapon is his magic rod.

(3) Immortality and Invincibility

Wu Kong is immortal. Not only that, his 72 Transformations gives him 72 extra lives. Because he stole and ate peaches and golden pills of immortality, his body can be invulnerable to all attacks. He likes to intimidate others with this ability. He'll just bare his neck and dare you to attack him. And if you do, it's just like attacking a mountain of rock - the weapon just bounces off. He can cut open his stomach, take out his intestines, and put them back again. If his head is cut off, he can reattach it or just grow it back again, without even the hint of a scar. He can bathe in a pot of boiling oil as if it was just a hot spring. ^_^ How cool is that?

(4) Knowledge and Intelligence

From the looks of it, Wu Kong studied very hard at school, uh, I mean at Pu Ti Zu Shi's cave. He knows a lot about anything related to magic - like the energy change in moon phases, types of demon influence, Yin and Yang, the five elements (wu xing), the eight symbols (ba gua), etc. etc. He is also a very clever guy - always thinking up different ways to trick and defeat other demons.

(5) Horses

Don't forget that Wu Kong was once the Bi Ma Wen. The glorified stable boy of Heaven. >D He excels at taking care of horses and most horses obey him instinctively.

(6) Healing and Medicine

Wu Kong is a skilled doctor as he studied traditional medicine with his first master. Regretfully, he only utilizes this ability on one occasion to diagnose and cure an emperor's sickness.

HistoryWARNING!! MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST SECTION OF XIYOUJI!!

He was born from a rock on the summit of Flower Fruit Mountain of the Eastern Continent and lived with the monkeys there. One day, they decided to follow a stream to its source - a waterfall. The monkeys decided that whoever was brave enough to jump through the waterfall would become their king. The stone monkey went through the waterfall unscathed and discovered a huge cave behind the waterfall. 'Water Curtain Cave' (there were a few other words but all you need to know are these three) was inscribed in stone there. Thus, from then onwards, the monkeys made their home in the Water Curtain Cave, and made the stone monkey their king with the title of 'Handsome Monkey King'.

Three hundred years passed in happiness but one day, the stone monkey left on a raft to search for a way to immortality. He floated across the sea and came to the Southern Continent, where he learnt to speak and walk like a human. Eight or nine years passed before he crossed another ocean to come to the Western Continent, where he eventually found an immortal and learnt the way of immortality and some magical powers (fa li). After about twelve years of training, he returned to Flower Fruit Mountain.

After that, he amassed a massive army of 47000 monkeys. All the other demons who were living on Flower Fruit Mountain came to pay homage to him. Then he managed to cause trouble in Hell and for the Dragon Kings who lodged complaints against him to Heaven. Tai Bai Jin Xing, God of Venus asked the Jade Emperor to pardon Wu Kong and give him a post in Heaven, which was the post of Bi Ma Wen. Wu Kong left the post in anger when he found out it had no rank. The Jade Emperor ordered the Heavenly troops to capture Wu Kong. Wu Kong beat them all, naturally. Venus asked the Jade Emperor to pardon him again, and let him have the post of Great Sage Equal of Heaven.

He was then put in charge of the peach orchard, for fear that he would cause trouble if he had nothing to do. Wu Kong couldn't resist the temptation and ate all the ripe, big peaches of immortality. This was the first offence in a string of crimes. Next, when he found out that he wasn't invited to the Peach Banquet held by the Empress, he went to it before anyone arrived and finished off all the food and wine. Then, he reached the Tai Shang Lao Jun/Lao Zi's home in a drunken stupor and ate his precious golden pills of immortality. Once he did this, he knew that he was in big trouble and went back to Flower Fruit Mountain immediately.

When the Jade Emperor found out, he ordered his Heavenly Troops to wage war on Flower Fruit Mountain. Eventually he was captured and brought back to Heaven for punishment.

It was discovered soon enough that no weapon could harm him so Tai Shang Lao Jun burnt him in his furnace for 49 days. Wu Kong survived and when he escaped, he wrecked havoc in Heaven, fighting off all the Heavenly soldiers by himself. But then Lord Buddha came and crushed him underneath his palm, which turned into the Mountain of Five Elements (Wu Xing Shan). Wu Kong was imprisoned underneath the mountain for 500 years before Tang San Zang came and let him out. He became Tang San Zang's first disciple.source:http://www.vbtutor.net/xiyouji/psunwukong.htm

other source I fyoua re intersted.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/m/monkey.htm

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The picture you showed was his first draft.

No Caption Provided

He made Goku humanoid so that he can fit. Just like superman.

Saiyan Saga-Superman

Frieza Saga-Star Wars

Android Saga-Superman & Terminator.

Akira Ripoff:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj: sir, his name is Son Goku, he has a monkey tail, a flying cloud, the staff, his first adventure is supposed to be an interpretation of Sun WuKong's story. Yamcha and Oolong were borrowed directly.Heck, the Ox King was too. Look it up Akira even said that he based Goku off of Sun WuKong. Goku to Sun WuKong is essentially what Superman is to Hugo Dinner or John Carter Stop kidding yourself man. Look it up on the dragonball wiki, Wikipedia, wherever. Heck, Bansho fans, talking pigs, the plot resemblance early on... Dude, you are embarrassing yourself.

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By MisterJJ

@generator2000: I never knew the Monkey King is a alien, and that there is a xenomorph in Journey To The West.

Please Tell me where this fits?

No Caption Provided

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By MisterJJ

@generator2000 said:

@misterjj: sir, his name is Son Goku, he has a monkey tail, a flying cloud, the staff, his first adventure is supposed to be an interpretation of Sun WuKong's story. Yamcha and Oolong were borrowed directly.Heck, the Ox King was too. Look it up Akira even said that he based Goku off of Sun WuKong. Goku to Sun WuKong is essentially what Superman is to Hugo Dinner or John Carter Stop kidding yourself man. Look it up on the dragonball wiki, Wikipedia, wherever. Heck, Bansho fans, talking pigs, the plot resemblance early on... Dude, you are embarrassing yourself.

Please keep telling yourself that.

Here is more:

Its funny that goku ripoff the cover from superman,while Superman ripoff the cover from Gladiator.

Everything is a ripoff.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Good creators copy, great ones steal.This is the absolute truth.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj: sir, are you slow? I know it is a bit rude to ask, but you must be if you cannot see how Dragon Ball was originally inspired by Journey to the West? Sure, the entire story is not, but the first part is. You'd have to be slow not to see it.

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@generator2000: You cannot see he blatantly coped it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Someone is slow sir, but it ain't me.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj: dude, that first comparison is null void because fortuna did not inspire buu. I'm done dude.

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By MisterJJ
MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@generator2000: Saiyans ripoff Sardaukar:

The Sardaukar are villains of the Dune universe who serve as the elite shock troops for the Padishah Emperor, who as of 10,191 was Shaddam IV. Trained since childhood in brutal conditions on Salusa Secundus, those who survived the training became the fanatically loyal enforcers of the Emperor's will.

In the year 10,191 Shaddam entered into a deal with the House of Harkonnen to eliminate the House of Atreides - whose popularity was becoming a threat to not only the Emperor, but other powerful interests in the Empire, such as the Bene Gesserit and the Spacing Guild. To that end, the Emperor made Duke Leto Atreides give up his fiefdom over the planet Caladan and move to Arrakis - which was the sole location where the spice melange could be found.source:http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Sardaukar

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By flashback0180

fail thread has failed.

OP Claimed goku was a superman ripoff and showed bunch of bullshit similar 20 different franchise. And claimed toriyama copied the plot using non canon movie /filler material which had nothing to do with Toriyama in the first place.

No Caption Provided

You know he didn't research shit, he literally copy pasted my own pic from my previous post , if he actually read the interview he would know, that toriyama was inspired by the stance - dance the tokusatsu did. The characters arent ripoff. Betta.

His entire post is a copy that has already been debunked in comicvine, Tldr

Some of these comparisons are retarded, toriyama never drew the movies. Dr. Slump is a different gag series . Seriously mud houses, he's posting mud /caca housing villages as a amarican original idea lol people in Asia and Africa have lived in those for civilizations.

90% of this is bullshit eye lasers, hand canon, transformation, have existed in comics from 1900-1960s.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj: some of your comparisons are downright retarded. If you can't see how Goku is essentially Sun WuKong mixed with Superman, then I give up hope trying to convince you.

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@misterjj:

Was Superman changed from a head injury?

Can Superman shoot a Kamehameha?

Can Superman go Super Saiyain?

Does Superman have a son?

Does Superman shoot energy blasts from his hands?

Does Superman have to fight a intergalactic emperor like Frieza?

Does Superman like to fight for enjoyment like Goku does?

Does Superman know someone like King Kai?

Did a enemy destroy Superman's planet liek Frieza did Goku's home planet?

Does Superman have a power level like Goku does?

Does Superman have a cloud call the flying nimbus?

Like the difference out weight the similarities so much this thread is silly.

I have to slow down my reading. I thought you said point #2 was "Is Superman related to the Kardashians?" Oy vey...more coffee please for me barkeep.

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By MisterJJ

@flashback0180: @generator2000: @sbyrstall:You can't see Akira ripoff superman? There various movies Akira ripoff.I never new they were all part of the JourneyTo The West.Especially The Terminator plot of how Akira stolen and mix with superman 2.

1.You didn't debunk anything.

2.You are just denying he did.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Various sources pointed exactly the same thing.He blatantly ripoff from not only superman but scifi as well.

I know dbz fanboys who cling to dragon ball series like its there mommy.I'm pointing out the facts. its your problem if you don't like it.

http://marvinrax.blogspot.com/2014/04/la-inspiracion-del-creador-de-dragon.html

http://www.taringa.net/posts/offtopic/18616431/Dragon-Ball-Inspiracion-de-su-creador.html

http://www.comicdominicano.com/phpBB-3.0.6/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=481

Journey To the West does no have androids,planet explosions,terminator,etc..

It is totally fine that you are in denial.A person will any kind of sense will see he ripoff.

There is an analogy between the vision of Bardock (Father of Goku) before dying and as remembered speech of Jor-El the father of Superman in "Superman. The movie" with that of "you see my life through your eyes, as yours through mine "source:http://marvinrax.blogspot.com/2014/04/la-inspiracion-del-creador-de-dragon.html

No Caption Provided

Not to mention this.

No Caption Provided

Golden Age superman loved to fight.He was a costumed super anti-hero. The Golden Age we had batman snipe people.Who he thought were vampires.

This is why Earth 2 is retelling of those characters.

Not to mention this a user pointed this out.

The Golden Age Superman was purely batshit. I've been rereading the Superman Chronicles, a series of reprintings of all the old Siegel and Shuster Superman stories, and man, is he one murderous, grinning psychopath. Superman will impersonate a sports figure, declare war on rigged pinball machines, or destroy the wall of a radio station to announce to a town that he's essentially decided to destroy all of their cars if they cross him. He enjoys being shot at, stabbed, and poisoned because it gives him the chance to show off how nothing can hurt him, and he'll actually destroy an entire slum on the off chance the US Government will replace the ruined buildings.source:http://seebelowcomicsblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/awesome-insanity-of-golden-age-superman.html

Both Goku & Golden Age superman share to test there enemies.

No Caption Provided

In the silver age superman had a older brother.

No Caption Provided

The saiyans,Great ape Transformation, all I showed did appear in the manga.All of these franchises appeared before he put them in the manga or the anime.Terminator plot is straight out of the movie. He simply added them into the android storyline.You are claiming he invented all of theses ideas himself, and they come from Journey To the West.

Vegata is

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Basically he is Zod mixed with this guy.

source:http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/pre-crisis-reviews/pre-crisis-mmrs-intro.php?topic=c-review-pc-sup200

source:http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/pre-crisis-reviews/pre-crisis-mmrs-intro.php?topic=c-review-pc-sup80

Other stories:

Superman had two kids.

No Caption Provided

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sbyrstall: @generator2000:The Golden age Superman loved to fight. http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/golden-age-superman-was-no-boyscout-623752/

The difference I admit everything is a ripoff. I can pile tons of evidence. you simply will deny it like a creationist does towards evolution.

All you did is prove you are a bunch of fanboys.

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I do believe you missed the humor of my post. *facepalm*

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj: actually I did, you are relining in forced comparison. Superman himself has ripped off different characters, and has different origin story. Original superman was a orphan . He wasn't raised by farmers. And pulled a random ripoff superpower in each issue, .

Helhe has fought legit t -100 , king Kong, godzilla, jaws, drsculla, aliens . Ect

All inspired from the actual movies. Any franchise can be called a ripoff when you compare to dozens of multiple source. Your thread fails because, these aren't superman. you are using different franchise as proof of a single franchise where neither dbz nor dc have anything to do with them.

@misterjj said:

No Caption Provided

Who...

No Caption Provided

are you serious Try googling African mud houses. They are common house shapes, That's how house in dbz are designed since the 1st episode.

No Caption Provided

That's a astronaut suit, try harder. And also a filler. It's got nothing to do with Toriyama.

No Caption Provided

How's this ripping off, it's a inspired design, and db /capsule Corp existed 3 years before robocop was even made. Proving he didn't name it capsule Corp to match with the symbol.

No Caption Provided

Is that from terminator? Anyway doesn't matter, that's from the movie/special . Aka not canon and never drawn by toriyama .

I know dbz fanboys who cling to dragon ball series like its there mommy.I'm pointing out the facts. its your problem if you don't like it.

http://www.taringa.net/posts/offtopic/18616431/Dragon-Ball-Inspiracion-de-su-creador.html

http://www.comicdominicano.com/phpBB-3.0.6/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=481

1. . . 3. 4 . 5.tldr I can post a dozen links that says superman is a ripoff just as easy. http://www.cracked.com/article_17299_6-famous-characters-you-didnt-know-were-shameless-rip-offs.html http://www.comicvine.com/forums/superman-165/truth-superman-is-a-rip-off-fact-1465690/ http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/a23203/original-superman/ Not canon again, and it was freeza who remembered bardock not Goku. Goku still doesn't know who his father is.

Journey To the West does no have androids,planet explosions,terminator,etc..

Pist... # plot development

It is totally fine that you are in denial.A person will any kind of sense will see he ripoff.

Coming form a double standard fanboy, it's next to nothing. Superman has ripped off more things than people can write. Hell nearly every comic character is a ripoff.

inspired out off =/= ripoff

There is an analogy between the vision of Bardock (Father of Goku) before dying and as remembered speech of Jor-El the father of Superman in "Superman. The movie" with that of "you see my life through your eyes, as yours through mine "source:http://marvinrax.blogspot.com/2014/04/la-inspiracion-del-creador-de-dragon.html

No Caption Provided

Lol

Seriously did you even read the manga. There was no flashback, It was 1 panel with burdock in the background, Freeza noticed goku looked exactly like (which he is) the Sayian who he fought on planet vegeta.

No Caption Provided

And is that supposed to be a transformer? Wait did you just claim super man was a ssj.

Not to mention this.

Golden Age superman loved to fight.He was a costumed super anti-hero. The Golden Age we had batman snipe people.Who he thought were vampires.

This is why Earth 2 is retelling of those characters.

Not to mention this a user pointed this out.

The Golden Age Superman was purely batshit. I've been rereading the Superman Chronicles, a series of reprintings of all the old Siegel and Shuster Superman stories, and man, is he one murderous, grinning psychopath. Superman will impersonate a sports figure, declare war on rigged pinball machines, or destroy the wall of a radio station to announce to a town that he's essentially decided to destroy all of their cars if they cross him. He enjoys being shot at, stabbed, and poisoned because it gives him the chance to show off how nothing can hurt him, and he'll actually destroy an entire slum on the off chance the US Government will replace the ruined buildings.source:http://seebelowcomicsblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/awesome-insanity-of-golden-age-superman.html

Both Goku & Golden Age superman share to test there enemies.

No Caption Provided

That's 99.99% of shonen protagonist characterises ,Betta. plus everyone in z test their opponents.

In the silver age superman had a older brother.

No Caption Provided

He's been around for 70+ years, there is a doppelganger of himself. Go home.

This is getting ridiculous apparently anyone who has a evil brother is superman ripoff

The saiyans,Great ape Transformation, all I showed did appear in the manga.All of these franchises appeared before he put them in the manga or the anime.Terminator plot is straight out of the movie. He simply added them into the android storyline.You are claiming he invented all of theses ideas himself, and they come from Journey To the West.

Vegata is

No otsits not . that's exactly what forced comparison is

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Basically he is Zod mixed with this guy.

source:http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/pre-crisis-reviews/pre-crisis-mmrs-intro.php?topic=c-review-pc-sup200

source:http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/pre-crisis-reviews/pre-crisis-mmrs-intro.php?topic=c-review-pc-sup80

Other stories:

Superman had two kids.

No Caption Provided

*face plam ,you are not even trying now. Not only are there various versions and imaginings for superman in his 80+ years publications. The 2kids goku has are 10 years apart.

the worst part of your argument is that you think toriyama ever read a dc comic . (according to you toriyama has a extensive knowledge of Superman from golden age - silver) He barely even know English he even mocked the language. Hell didn't even want to change the left to right reading pattern.

@misterjj said:
No Caption Provided
.marshm
.marshm

1 . marshmallow man is bigger than a skyscraper.

2. That's a very normal design.

3 . dbz earth is filled with toony characters. The king of the earth is a dog.

4 . there are Japanese characters similar to that /Chinese? Equivalent to amarican tellitubby .

5.reffrence =/= ripoff.

No Caption Provided

It's a spaceship -_-, what did you expect a flying hexagon. plus it's the same shape as the Sayian space pod.

No Caption Provided

Try again. Cos this had nothing.

No Caption Provided
nothingdimil
nothingdimil

I pointed this before toriyama was inspired by their funny stance. The characters themselves have nothing in common.

No Caption Provided

What's next, you're going post a guy taking a shot . this is a very common scean.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So..... You claimed the guy to the right as a vegeta ripoff 2ce. And here you are claiming the same guy as a zarbon ripoff. Lol.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misterjj: oh Gosh. Sorry I fed you, troll. I know better. If you cannot see how Dragon Ball was originally an adaptation of Journey to the West, you are hopelessly lost. Of course the whole thing wasn't based off Journey to the West, but the first arc(s) were. Dude, Goku is basically the Monkey King combined with Superman. If you are too blind to see that, then you are an idiot. Evolution is incomplete, like the evidence you are providing. Just like evolution, your evidence is spotty and only halfway makes any sense. When someone tries to give you a correct answer, just like with both creationists and evolutionists, you deny the answer if it does not fit into your personal knowledge catalogue. Dude, like Evolution, until the theory has completed itself, believing in it 100% is stupid. You can deny Goku's relation to Sun WuKong, but it only makes you look stupid.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop bumping this crap.

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By houseshm

this was the original superman, superman origin isnt new in any way and was taken from others, goku and superman only similarity is in origin which isnt even superman own

No Caption Provided

How do you think superman went from that to what he looks like now, he copied off gladiator

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But the resemblance doesn't end there. Both Superman and Hugo Danner grew up in a small farming town. Supes in Kansas and Danner in Colorado. Both pretended to be meek and weak to prevent people from finding out about their superpowers. And both had a special place where they went to be alone: Superman had his fortress of solitude in the Arctic, and Donner had his own place in northern Canada. Of course, his didn't have the total emo name, which really only proves that he was less of a huge tool.

And to boot, the first image of Superman the world saw, the cover of Action Comics #1, recreates a scene of the Gladiator novel where Hugo loses his shit, lifts up a car and scares the crap out of everyone.

POINT IS EVERYTHING IS BASED OFF SOMETHING, YOUR IDEAS ARE BASED OFF OTHERS WHICH YOU LITERALLY COPY PASTED HERE

NO ONE CARES HOW MUCH PLAGIARISM YOU DID OR OTHERS

LOCK THIS THREAD NOW PLEASE

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashback0180: @generator2000:

Goku is a superman ripoff.Your posts are worst fanboy responses ever..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You were saying Goku is the monkey king.Superman movie came out in 1978. It had movie posters like.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN #1 1978 JAPANESE EDITION

No Caption Provided

source:http://collectingsuperman.com/?p=2713

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Akira has never seen superman? Never heard of him? It is right in front of your face.

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flashback0180: @houseshm: @ariesxmasters:

@misterjj said:

@flashback0180: @generator2000:

Goku is a superman ripoff.Your posts are worst fanboy responses ever..

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You were saying Goku is the monkey king.Superman movie came out in 1978. It had movie posters like.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN #1 1978 JAPANESE EDITION

No Caption Provided

source:http://collectingsuperman.com/?p=2713

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Akira has never seen superman? Never heard of him? It is right in front of your face.

It is funny you ask the thread to be locked.

You can see superman was available in Japan.

Proved Goku is a ripoff of superman check.

Proved Akira ripoff from scifi movies. check.

Fanboy denial..priceless.

Saiyan Saga:Ripoff superman/Dune,etc..

Frieza Saga ripoff:Star wars/science fiction films,

The android saga is ripoff of terminator/superman 3.

No Caption Provided

Action comics number 1 in japan.

No Caption Provided

houseshm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By houseshm

@misterjj: None of that has anything similar to superman other than the fact goku was sent to earth

Fact check:

Superman mom and dad were scientists with NO POWERS and planet was blowing up natural means

Goku Mom and Dad are warriors and cooks with no relation to science at all

Tuffles occopied planet vegeta before saiyans and before that the medical green men did

Krptonians always on Krpton

Superman own race result of explosion, frieza caused planet vegeta explosion

other than being sent to earth there are no similarities

Toriyama Akira, creator of Dragon Ball does have a Superman inspired character. His name is Suppaman (スッパマン, a pun on "sour", 'suppa' in Japanese.) and goes by the alias "Kenta Kuraaku (暗悪健太). The words used to spell 'Kenta' actually mean "Dark Evil", he is a joke character in Dr. Slumpand Tomato, Girl Detective.

Toriyama made of a joke out of superman with saiyaman and supaaman

Goku and Superman are complete opposites

Goku is a martial artist he is more similar to Karate Kid and Wonder Woman than superman

No Caption Provided

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@houseshm:

@houseshm said:

@misterjj: None of that has anything similar to superman other than the fact goku was sent to earth

Fact check:

Superman mom and dad were scientists with NO POWERS and planet was blowing up natural means.

Goku Mom and Dad are warriors and cooks with no relation to science at all

Tuffles occopied planet vegeta before saiyans and before that the medical green men did

Krptonians always on Krpton

Both come from a high gravity planet.

Superman own race result of explosion, frieza caused planet vegeta explosion.

other than being sent to earth there are no similarities

Both are aliens.

Toriyama Akira, creator of Dragon Ball does have a Superman inspired character. His name is Suppaman (スッパマン, a pun on "sour", 'suppa' in Japanese.) and goes by the alias "Kenta Kuraaku (暗悪健太). The words used to spell 'Kenta' actually mean "Dark Evil", he is a joke character in Dr. Slumpand Tomato, Girl Detective.

Toriyama made of a joke out of superman with saiyaman and supaaman

Goku and Superman are complete opposites

No Caption Provided

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11824

MisterJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By MisterJJ

@houseshm:

@houseshm said:

this was the original superman, superman origin isnt new in any way and was taken from others, goku and superman only similarity is in origin which isnt even superman own

No Caption Provided

How do you think superman went from that to what he looks like now, he copied off gladiator

Nope:Never mentioned as a influence.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But the resemblance doesn't end there. Both Superman and Hugo Danner grew up in a small farming town. Supes in Kansas and Danner in Colorado. Both pretended to be meek and weak to prevent people from finding out about their superpowers.(Not true..Gohan pretended to be weak). And both had a special place where they went to be alone: Superman had his fortress of solitude in the Arctic, and Donner had his own place in northern Canada. Of course, his didn't have the total emo name, which really only proves that he was less of a huge tool.(Hugo Danner was emo.He cursed God, that is why he died).

Superman was never injected with any serum.

Hugo Danner never fight crime, and never try to save people.

Superman does not have a healing factor.

He was a sent from another planet.

Hugo Danner was weak against lighting, and died.

Superman had dual identity of Clark Cent.

The Fortress of Solitude was introduced later on.

Superman powers are gravity based.

On Earth-Two in the early 1940s,Superman built his original Fortress of Solitude, originally referred to as his "Secret Sanctuary" or "Secret Citadel", at the top of a mountain just outside of Metropolis. He later constructed a second Fortress in the "polar wastes".source:http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Fortress_of_Solitude

The original Silver Age Fortress, first appearing in 1958, was located in the Arctic and built into the side of a steep cliff. The Fortress was accessible through a large gold-colored door with a giant keyhole, which required an enormous key to open it. The arrow-shaped key was so large that only Superman (or another Kryptonian such asSupergirl) could lift it; when not in use, the key sat on a perch outside of the Fortress, where it appeared to be an aircraft path marker.

The Fortress contained an alien zoo, a giant steel diary in which Superman wrote his memoirs (using either his invulnerable finger or heat vision to engrave entries into its pages), a chess-playing robot, specialized exercise equipment, a laboratory where Superman worked on various projects such as developing defenses to Kryptonite, a computer, communications equipment, and rooms dedicated to all of his friends, including one for Clark Kent to fool visitors. As the stories continued, it was revealed that the Fortress was where Superman's robot duplicates were stored. It also contained the Phantom Zone projector, various pieces of alien technology he had acquired on visits to other worlds, and, much like the Batcave, trophies of his past adventures. Indeed, the Batcave and Batman himself made an appearance in the first Fortress story.source:http://superman.wikia.com/wiki/Fortress_of_Solitude

I never knew Hugo Danner had a fortress or a Citadel.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Where did Hugo Danner constructed a zoo?

No Caption Provided

And to boot, the first image of Superman the world saw, the cover of Action Comics #1, recreates a scene of the Gladiator novel where Hugo loses his shit, lifts up a car and scares the crap out of everyone.

Not true..Superman saves Lois from a gang of criminals.

POINT IS EVERYTHING IS BASED OFF SOMETHING, YOUR IDEAS ARE BASED OFF OTHERS WHICH YOU LITERALLY COPY PASTED HERE

How they are copy and pasted.Superman is not weak against lighting, and does not have a healing factor.

Fanboy biased..

NO ONE CARES HOW MUCH PLAGIARISM YOU DID OR OTHERS

Goku is plagiarized.

LOCK THIS THREAD NOW PLEASE

I would agree is copy pasted.If superman was injected with a serum,not alien,etc..

No Caption Provided