Going to miss Smallville and Batman Beyond

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

In my humble opinion these two digital first books have two of the most consistently best written books from DC since they started and after Smallville's last issue yesterday they're both finished. I am really going to miss these books. The nice thing is that they both went out on high notes.

With Smallville it took me all the way to the second to last issue before I realized what the overall theme of the book was. The television series was about Clark's journey to becoming Superman. The Smallville comic series has been about the coming together of the Justice League. First we had Batman and Nightwing (whose endpoint in the book was something amazing!), then we had Wonder Woman, then the Monitors attacked and we got to see all of the heroes that Clark has met throughout the years and worked separately with come together to form the Justice League. Great stuff!

In Batman we finally got to see the family back together (minus Tim Drake who I felt was unfairly left out of the final issue). Since the animated series started it was clear that something had happened with the Bat Family that had drove them apart. In the final issues Kyle Higgins finally addressed what happened and made moves to put the family back together. Again Great stuff!!

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

*bows head*

Beata

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Said to see smallville go, I haven't read the last arc though.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta catch up on these books, I'm so far behind. But wasn't the Justice League formed during the TV series? Or did they kind of just ignore that?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gotta catch up on these books, I'm so far behind. But wasn't the Justice League formed during the TV series? Or did they kind of just ignore that?

they kind of ignored it....did they actually call themselves the Justice League on the show? The only member present from both teams other than Clark is Ollie

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

they kind of ignored it....did they actually call themselves the Justice League on the show? The only member present from both teams other than Clark is Ollie

Yeah, they distinctly called themselves The Justice League on the show, all with codes names such as Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, and Boy Scout. It's kind of funny that the last arc was called Continuity and they forgot about their own lol

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Yeah, they distinctly called themselves The Justice League on the show, all with codes names such as Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman, and Boy Scout. It's kind of funny that the last arc was called Continuity and they forgot about their own lol

I was kind of disappointed that they left out Cyborg and Aquaman and then never introduced another Flash either

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The TV versions were better remembered.