#1 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Geeksofdoom just showed a ton of pictures from the Godzilla Encouter at SDCC. I'll post the link to the other pictures, but the big reveal was the NEW LOOK!!

What do you think? I really like it. It does a great job of showing Godzilla in a more realistic manner while keeping his old look.

#2 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy0009e: where did it say that was the new look? I didn't think they were going to reveal the new look at SDCC.

"While none of the elements from Legendary’s upcoming Godzilla film are included in the experience, the studio went all out in designing something unique for Comic-Con: a fully realized Japanese street complete with ramen counter, storefront windows, street signs and overturned police cars chock-full of Godzilla memorabilia and history. A special app allows fans to translate Japanese signs and unlock secret elements hidden within the exhibit."

Comicbookresources.com

#3 Posted by Racob7 (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

More angles! More angles!

#4 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: It was on the FB page, but to be fair, it could've just been a fan page. Hopefully it is the new look, cause it looks pretty great.

#5 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy0009e: Yea, I bet it's just a fan putting the pic up. I don't think Legendary has released anything official. Except the poster. But it wouldn't be a bad look if it was official.

#6 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Neck part kinda reminds me of a turd, to be perfectly honest.

#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35129 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy0009e: Yea, I bet it's just a fan putting the pic up. I don't think Legendary has released anything official. Except the poster. But it wouldn't be a bad look if it was official.

They released the concept image way back and it looks a lot like this

#8 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver said:

All I know for sure is that they showed the tail. It looked like is was pretty close to this version, but you never know.

#9 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35129 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@dark_guyver said:

All I know for sure is that they showed the tail. It looked like is was pretty close to this version, but you never know.

well this is the concept art and a sneaky still

#10 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont trust concept art. Things usually change. But that art does look good.

#11 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I still feel that those pictures are incredibly similar to the figure.I trust that the director has thought a lot about the look, so at the very least, it'll look pretty decent.

#12 Posted by ccraft (5593 posts) - - Show Bio

looks great, better than the previous Godzilla movie look

#13 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: @superguy0009e: Well, apparently we are supposed to get our first look at footage from the new movie at Saturdays comic con.

Source: http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/godzilla-2014-footage-debut-comic-con-new-monstrous-movie-poster

#14 Posted by ccraft (5593 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft: Yep. I think their booth starts at 10:45 and runs until 1:15.

#16 Edited by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy0009e: I think it will. A lot of sources say the pic you posted is a good indication of what he'll look like. Hopefully he will be revealed tomorrow in the new trailer!!!

#18 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: Quite! I'm pretty excited for this movie. But he better fight something!!

PS I accidentily deleted my response, so for the sake of new readers, my opinion was the even if this wasn't the official Godzilla(2014), it would at least look similar.

#19 Posted by ccraft (5593 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio

so will he be CGI or guy in a suit?

#21 Posted by BR_Havoc (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they did a great job bringing together a few of the classic looks Godzillia had threw out the years. He seems to be a bit bulky but it works well with the new design.

#22 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: @superguy0009e: @ccraft: Here's some cliff notes on the new trailer:

Soldiers are shown running through streets and a flooded city.

Cranston's character takes off his radiation suit; Olsen is shown crying.

The military is then show with paratroopers and soldiers loading missles.

A new monster is shown! Not Godzilla! Looks more insect like with spider-like legs (Kumonga?!).

It's attacking and soldiers are fighting against it. However, a foot comes stomping down -- it's Godzilla! He's enormous compared to the Spider-creature and attacks it! Update: No face was shown.

This trailer hasn't been released online as of yet. Or at least I couldn't find it. Hopefully Legendary releases it to the general public soon.

#23 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

looks strong and menacing. Nice

#24 Edited by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: No official word, but I believe they are doing him cgi this time around.

#26 Posted by danhimself (22718 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Edited by ccraft (5593 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: I read that too. I cannot wait. Having another monster is great, and from the sounds of it, this movie will be miles better than Zilla.

#29 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: I just saw a leaked video of the top of Godzilla. I really think the figure is what he looks like. I wont put it up here, but you can google leaked video from godzilla encounter.

#30 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

@superguy0009e: Looked good! Hopefully we get an official trailer soon!

#33 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao damn just posted in a different thread seconds ago about this

godzilla poster 692x1024 [Comic Con 13] HERES WHAT GODZILLA LOOKS LIKE! #SDCC

#34 Posted by BatmanFan11 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure if this is true, but if it is. I'll be jumping with excitement.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=88016

#35 Posted by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio

Gojira