• 59 results
Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Fantasgasmic

Ok, so I know there are a lot of characters who, maybe they were interesting at one time but aren't anymore, maybe they were created for an event then stuck around unnecessarily, but they just don't do it for you. Maybe it's a character you find redundant, cliché, or who would be better in a story if they were replaced entirely with someone else.  Feel free to list characters that are currently dead if you hope they stay dead. Obviously this isn't meant to turn into a flame war, or just a list of characters you hate I know plenty of people who hate Carnage but think the character fills a niche that other characters couldn't. I'll start things off.   

First, just for fun, here's some characters I left off the list and why 

1. Power Girl. I know she's the same as Supergirl, but the difference in personality and tone of the characters makes her worth keeping around
  2. Deadpool. He's everywhere and he's not as funny as fanyboys think he is, but nobody else could take his place in a story. But seriously, keep him to 3 books a month, max.
  3. Moon Knight. I hate Moon Knight. I think he's just marvels lamer white version of Batman, but after giving it some thought, I couldn't think of a different Marvel version of Batman.

Most of these characters I don't like because I don't understand them on a fundamental level, which isn't helped by the fact that after the 90s, I really stopped expanding my comics tastes. I found characters I liked, I stuck to them, and didn't keep up with the stories and characters I was only marginally interested in. Plus I stopped buying comics and switched to trade paperbacks/graphic novels.  

1. Beta Ray Bill. He's Thor, he's a horse, he just doesn't do it for me. I guess back in the 80s someone decided it would be cool to have Thor in space, but didn't want to mix their fantasy with their sci-fi. What I really don't get is this: Odin gave Bill his powers (via Stormbreaker), Odin is dead, why does Bill still have his powers? I mean if you (read: comic writers) want Thor, why not use THOR? If you don't want Thor and you're saying "he's just an alien with a cool weapon and electricity powers" then why have the whole backstory? I don't get it. I don't like it. If he were written out of existence I certainly wouldn't care.
  2. The Phantom. Stop trying to resurrect this character! I know, he's old. I'm sure he served as a model for some modern characters. I don't care, he looks ridiculous. And the more people try to modernize the character and modernize his outfit, the less it works (exhibit A, exhibit B, exhibit C). You want a story about a guy in a jungle shooting bad dudes, don't give me a guy in a purple jumpsuit, give me the Punisher, or Deadshot, or Deathstroke, Deadpool, Green Arrow, Captain America, I don't care. Just give me someone I care about.
  3. Namora/Namorita. Do we REALLY need both of them? From what I remember off the back of my Marvel trading cards from 3rd to 6th grade, they have the EXACT same description: Namor's female cousin, same powers. 
  4. Toxin. Too many  symbiotes! I think Marvel killed off the 5 symbiotes from Venom Lethal protector when they realized having a symbiote isn't enough to make a character interesting.
  5. Mon-El. Another superman clone (not literally). I don't like Daxamites (Sodam Yat notwithstanding). From what I understand, they needed someone to fill in during the New Krypton and War of the Supermen arcs, but Lar Gand does nothing for me. They could've had Captain Marvel or Powergirl take over. Maybe I would've read those books then.

So That's my list. Let me know, who do you think should be written out of comics for good? 
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

Well I wouldn't write him out for good, but Wolverine is in WAY more books than Deadpool is. I mean he was cool in the 90's because he was a very unique character with the adamantium and the healing factor. Now everybody and their mother has some sort of healing factor, and characters who have adamantium shouldn't even have them. Like Bullseye. Why the HELL does he have an adamanium spinal cord?? And even in the Ultimate Universe (irrelevant to what goes on in mainstream, but still) Sabretooth also has the adamantium skeleton (which is cool), but then they give him adamantium teeth... And Wolverine claws... Four of them....  And it's not like he's on every team out there... No wait, he's on just about ALL of them (the important ones anyway). The dude will always be an X-Man to me, but then there's the X-Force... And the Avengers... And the NEW Avengers (which shouldn't even be around anymore, but whatever). He's up to four teams (and I probably missed one).  

Oh and another thing that they did to the character (which REALLY irritated me) was they made him remember. EVERYTHING. One of the things that made the character interesting (aside from the powers and badass attitude) is the fact that he had no idea about just who the &%#$ he is! When they say "Yeah, this place did some crazy $#%@ to him, but he doesn't know how or why" that's an instant read because you want to find out what happened to him too. Now that he KNOWS everything, what's the point? Wolverine has become really stale and everyone who's not him try to BE him. Oh, and if that's not enough, they gave us two Wolverine clones: X-23 (who literally IS a clone) and Daken (a pissy little brat with daddy issues).  

Don't get me wrong, I love Logan, but they've REALLY butchered him. 

Avatar image for cezar_thescribe
Cezar_TheScribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Cezar_TheScribe

There are too many "deaths" in comics now.  How about writing decent stories? 

Also, stop milking characters.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#4  Edited By Mighty Thorion

While there is money to be made from "deaths" and the milking of major popular characters, DC and Marvel will keep on killing and milking

biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By biggkeem89
@Fantasgasmic said:
" Ok, so I know there are a lot of characters who, maybe they were interesting at one time but aren't anymore, maybe they were created for an event then stuck around unnecessarily, but they just don't do it for you. Maybe it's a character you find redundant, cliché, or who would be better in a story if they were replaced entirely with someone else.  Feel free to list characters that are currently dead if you hope they stay dead. Obviously this isn't meant to turn into a flame war, or just a list of characters you hate I know plenty of people who hate Carnage but think the character fills a niche that other characters couldn't. I'll start things off.   

First, just for fun, here's some characters I left off the list and why 
  1. Power Girl. I know she's the same as Supergirl, but the difference in personality and tone of the characters makes her worth keeping around
  2. Deadpool. He's everywhere and he's not as funny as fanyboys think he is, but nobody else could take his place in a story. But seriously, keep him to 3 books a month, max.
  3. Moon Knight. I hate Moon Knight. I think he's just marvels lamer white version of Batman, but after giving it some thought, I couldn't think of a different Marvel version of Batman.

Most of these characters I don't like because I don't understand them on a fundamental level, which isn't helped by the fact that after the 90s, I really stopped expanding my comics tastes. I found characters I liked, I stuck to them, and didn't keep up with the stories and characters I was only marginally interested in. Plus I stopped buying comics and switched to trade paperbacks/graphic novels.  

1. Beta Ray Bill. He's Thor, he's a horse, he just doesn't do it for me. I guess back in the 80s someone decided it would be cool to have Thor in space, but didn't want to mix their fantasy with their sci-fi. What I really don't get is this: Odin gave Bill his powers (via Stormbreaker), Odin is dead, why does Bill still have his powers? I mean if you (read: comic writers) want Thor, why not use THOR? If you don't want Thor and you're saying "he's just an alien with a cool weapon and electricity powers" then why have the whole backstory? I don't get it. I don't like it. If he were written out of existence I certainly wouldn't care.
  2. The Phantom. Stop trying to resurrect this character! I know, he's old. I'm sure he served as a model for some modern characters. I don't care, he looks ridiculous. And the more people try to modernize the character and modernize his outfit, the less it works (exhibit A, exhibit B, exhibit C). You want a story about a guy in a jungle shooting bad dudes, don't give me a guy in a purple jumpsuit, give me the Punisher, or Deadshot, or Deathstroke, Deadpool, Green Arrow, Captain America, I don't care. Just give me someone I care about.
  3. Namora/Namorita. Do we REALLY need both of them? From what I remember off the back of my Marvel trading cards from 3rd to 6th grade, they have the EXACT same description: Namor's female cousin, same powers. 
  4. Toxin. Too many  symbiotes! I think Marvel killed off the 5 symbiotes from Venom Lethal protector when they realized having a symbiote isn't enough to make a character interesting.
  5. Mon-El. Another superman clone (not literally). I don't like Daxamites (Sodam Yat notwithstanding). From what I understand, they needed someone to fill in during the New Krypton and War of the Supermen arcs, but Lar Gand does nothing for me. They could've had Captain Marvel or Powergirl take over. Maybe I would've read those books then.

So That's my list. Let me know, who do you think should be written out of comics for good? 
"
You just killed two of my favorite characters( Toxin and Beta Ray Bill) I always liked Toxin and BRB because they were like the mainstream heroes, but different, and their actions weren't appreciated as much. As for me, here are the characters I want gone: 
1. Superman-Besides the fact that I just plain don't like the guy, I just feel his time of relevance has run out. It takes all the fun out of a story, if everyone knows Supes is just gonna fly in and save the day. Its time for the next generation(Conner or Mon-el) to take his place 
2. Prof. X- Like Supes, I think his time of relevance is over. Just die already 
3. Kyle Rayner-I find the other GL's more interesting. Kyle just always seemed like Hal Jordan-lite to me 
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Green Skin

Half the X-Men roster:   There are just too many of them, most of them sit in limbo with zero character development for years at a time.  Either kill them off, or write them out.

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Joey Ravn
Jason Todd: Yes, I get it. He's been wonderfully portrayed in the still-ongoing Red Hood: Lost Days, but IMO, he's a character that works much better dead than alive, like Uncle Ben or Martha and Thomas Wayne. 
Superboy-Prime: Terribly annoying and overpowered. Luckily he hasn't been seen since Blackest Night, but I assume he'll come back rather sooner than later. 
Doc Savage: Now, don't get me wrong, I really like Doc Savage. But I feel this new revival in the form of First Wave has fell short of its potential. His solo series is... meh. If you're gonna bring a classic character like this one, do it well or don't do it at all.  

@biggkeem89 said:
1. Superman-Besides the fact that I just plain don't like the guy, I just feel his time of relevance has run out. It takes all the fun out of a story, if everyone knows Supes is just gonna fly in and save the day. Its time for the next generation(Conner or Mon-el) to take his place 2."
That goes for you, New Krypton. Uh, wait... Superman is no longer the perfect, almighty character of the Silver Age. He's a much more flawed hero nowadays, who has been shown to be increasingly dependant on others (Supergirl, Superboy, even Jimmy Olsen or Steel) to save the day. It's perfectly fine that you don't like him, but I see a lot of hatred towards Superman here in CV based on an outdated image of the character.
Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fantasgasmic
@Cezar_TheScribe: @Mighty Thorion: I'm not talking about deaths like "The Death of Superman" or even Sue Dibny, where it becomes an event. I'm talking about completely getting rid of a character, never to return, don't acknowledge their existence unless absolutely necessary. Totally off panel death, undignified death, mentioned only in passing would be preferred. 

@Green Skin: Didn't that happen with "no more mutants"? or are you talking about the current roster of Xmen?
biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By biggkeem89
@Joey Ravn said:
" Jason Todd: Yes, I get it. He's been wonderfully portrayed in the still-ongoing Red Hood: Lost Days, but IMO, he's a character that works much better dead than alive, like Uncle Ben or Martha and Thomas Wayne. 
Superboy-Prime: Terribly annoying and overpowered. Luckily he hasn't been seen since Blackest Night, but I assume he'll come back rather sooner than later. 
Doc Savage: Now, don't get me wrong, I really like Doc Savage. But I feel this new revival in the form of First Wave has fell short of its potential. His solo series is... meh. If you're gonna bring a classic character like this one, do it well or don't do it at all.  

@biggkeem89 said:
1. Superman-Besides the fact that I just plain don't like the guy, I just feel his time of relevance has run out. It takes all the fun out of a story, if everyone knows Supes is just gonna fly in and save the day. Its time for the next generation(Conner or Mon-el) to take his place 2."
That goes for you, New Krypton. Uh, wait... Superman is no longer the perfect, almighty character of the Silver Age. He's a much more flawed hero nowadays, who has been shown to be increasingly dependant on others (Supergirl, Superboy, even Jimmy Olsen or Steel) to save the day. It's perfectly fine that you don't like him, but I see a lot of hatred towards Superman here in CV based on an outdated image of the character. "
Yeah, I'm just EXTREMELY biased against Supes, and honestly, I can't really get into any Superman stories( excluding Superman: Red Son and Smallville). I just really think that someone else should be the Man of Steel. Sure Supes is flawed, but he's still Superman. I think Conner is way more identifiable, and better suited for future character development
Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#10  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Sorry if I misunderstood, I have become ultra cynical about comic book "deaths" which are purely for money making purposes and you know the character is going to return. In the not too distant past this has happened to Superman, Captain America, Batman and countless DC characters in the Final Crisis / Blackest night/ Brightest Day arcs. Worst comic book "death" has to be Professor X from X-Men #42, only to be explained away in #65 by saying he had been in the cellar! (For 2 and a half years?) Lol!

Joey Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Joey Ravn
@biggkeem89 said:
Yeah, I'm just EXTREMELY biased against Supes, and honestly, I can't really get into any Superman stories( excluding Superman: Red Son and Smallville). I just really think that someone else should be the Man of Steel. Sure Supes is flawed, but he's still Superman. I think Conner is way more identifiable, and better suited for future character development "
Well, in terms of power, they are more or less the same. Superboy is a bit less powerful than a "natural" Kryptonian in raw strength, endurance and speed, but he makes up for it with with tactile TK. The same goes for Mon-El: he doesn't have any weakness to Kryptonite, and with Brainiac's 5 potion he's now immune to lead. Mon spent a year as "Superman" recently, during the World of New Krypton arc, and while he didn't do it half-bad, I think Superman is a much better Superman, if you know what I mean.
Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Green Skin
@Fantasgasmic said:

@Green Skin: Didn't that happen with "no more mutants"? or are you talking about the current roster of Xmen? "
Pretty much, but I'm talking about the current roster. They should just rename themselves the X-League, too many members.  I just feels like everytime they introduce a new member they use them for a year or two and then they get tucked into the X-closet to gather dust. Or on the flip side, when some of the main members get neglected because they are trying to develop a new character that they are only going to end up not using a few months later.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Primmaster64
@Joey Ravn: grrrr but ok =)
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@Cezar_TheScribe said:
"

There are too many "deaths" in comics now.  How about writing decent stories? 

Also, stop milking characters.

"
this^
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Primmaster64

There's quite a couple

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By frogjitsu
@Mighty Thorion said:
"Worst comic book "death" has to be Professor X from X-Men #42, only to be explained away in #65 by saying he had been in the cellar! (For 2 and a half years?) Lol! "
I don't know about worse, what about Aunt May "died", only to be found out later that it she was really a genetically modified actress, and Aunt May had really been kidnapped by Norman Osborn?  I don't know Xavier being in a cellar is pretty hilarious too.
frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By frogjitsu

@Green Skin said:

" @Fantasgasmic said:

@Green Skin: Didn't that happen with "no more mutants"? or are you talking about the current roster of Xmen? "
Pretty much, but I'm talking about the current roster. They should just rename themselves the X-League, too many members.  I just feels like everytime they introduce a new member they use them for a year or two and then they get tucked into the X-closet to gather dust. Or on the flip side, when some of the main members get neglected because they are trying to develop a new character that they are only going to end up not using a few months later. "
Kyle and Yost got the idea when they killed that bus load of X-students, lol.  The was just to many, so they had to get the axe.  Looking back, I'm glad they did it.  It made new X-men a leaner title.  They were so over populated, and so many characters were neglected.  I guess it was better that they just be dead, instead of not being used.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By ssejllenrad

Here's my boot Aunt May!

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Theworldbreaker
@ssejllenrad said:
"

Here's my boot Aunt May!

"

I second this. As for me, Stiltman and boot Wolverine off all his current teams except for X-men and X-force.
Hanndell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hanndell

Superman and Wolverine...I am so sick of seeing them in everything

cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21  Edited By cody1984

Wolverine, Deadpool, Spiderman, Superman, and Batman should all be killed off and there various spin offs. Way to much over exposure the characters aren't interesting anymore they are placed in events they have no business even being in (like Spiderman in M-DAY) or they are written retardedly and can face enemies like Black Adam in one issue and get tore up by someone as pathetic as joker in another (batman). Either stop placing these characters in so many teams, kill them off for new characters to grow (I love the ultimate series for that), or drop their own titles and just have them be a part of the team.

Kid weather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kid weather

Thor,Herc,Bat man,Super man and Spider man.Oh and Aunt May. I want to see death and progress so that a new generation can come forth then sticking with the old generation and same old characters. Also want to see Storm Nude at least once in a mature Comic book,hell throw Jean Grey in there to and I'll be pretty damn happy.

GothamBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GothamBat

Only character that comes to mind is Wolverine. I wouldn't kill him, but i would definitely limit his appearances. ONE solo book and ONE team book. That guy gets around too much.
"I'm the best there is at what I do...And what I do is be in 50 books a month."

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'd love to see Spider-Woman disappear...for like ever. <_<

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Beast Damn he sucks as a Character >.<

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Vortex13

The Phantom may have a weird costume but the new series is insanely good, so why get rid of him when he finally has an interesting story and development. I just don't get the thought process behind the idea of getting rid of a character because they have a s##ty costume. He has always been an interesting character, and the idea of just having another character in the jungle shooting people is also odd. You basically just picked characters that are mainstream and already have solidified backgrounds that have nothing to do with defending the jungles.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By John Valentine
@The Umbra Sorcerer said:
" Beast Damn he sucks as a Character >.< "
How does he suck?
Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine: Perhaps i should have worded that better but in my opinion he sucks. I really can't see the appeal behind the character he just falls flat to me he's dull, boring and essentially a lifeless character. I honestly cant say and it doesn't matter whose writing him that ive liked him.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#29  Edited By xerox_kitty

Hrmmm... I haven't said this already.  No prozes for guessing that I'd say:

CYCLOPS

The mutant douche bag who has successfully achieved Magneto's dream of mutant segregation instead of Xavier's dream of integration.  I'm sick & tired of every X-Man being sycophantic to Cyclops' every order.  When are the X-Editors & Writers going to realise that ALL the other X-Men are better without Cyclops?!  The ruin of the X-Men books is this desperate need to brown-nose, apple-polish and desperately impress Cyclops.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@xerox-kitty:  i have long wanted his fall from grace,  a fall of cyclops arc would be a dream xmen storyline for me.
Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@xerox-kitty said:
"

CYCLOPS

The mutant douche bag who has successfully achieved Magneto's dream of mutant segregation instead of Xavier's dream of integration.  I'm sick & tired of every X-Man being sycophantic to Cyclops' every order.  When are the X-Editors & Writers going to realise that ALL the other X-Men are better without Cyclops?!  The ruin of the X-Men books is this desperate need to brown-nose, apple-polish and desperately impress Cyclops.

"
Must resist urge to argue... I like you X-K, and this is a dagger through my heart. Oh well.

Characters who should be killed off permanently;
  1. Every X-Man except Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Xavier, Psylocke, Fantomex, Wolverine (in a supporting capacity) and Gambit. 
  2. Jean Grey. She needs her own shout out.
  3. Namor.
  4. Hal Jordan. 
  5. Bendis.
fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fesak  Moderator
@Vortex13 said:
" The Phantom may have a weird costume but the new series is insanely good, so why get rid of him when he finally has an interesting story and development. I just don't get the thought process behind the idea of getting rid of a character because they have a s##ty costume. He has always been an interesting character, and the idea of just having another character in the jungle shooting people is also odd. You basically just picked characters that are mainstream and already have solidified backgrounds that have nothing to do with defending the jungles. "
Also the Phantom is and have been the top selling superhero comic in Scandinavia and Australia for over six decades.
As mainstream as it gets over here, while people doesn't even know who Deadpool or Deathstroke is.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By entropy_aegis

Judd Winick and his characters,give them their own universe where they can act as immature teenagers,preach about social issues(dude we want a good story take your beliefs to hell) etc.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By Kairan1979

DC character that should be killed permanently - Mon-El. Bad enough they elected him the leader of LoSH (I DIDN'T VOTE FOR HIM!) , they gave him the Green Lantern Power Ring, as if he isn't powerful enough.

CasimirAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By CasimirAngel

Roy Haper.  Jason Todd. 
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@entropy_aegis said:
" Judd Winick and his characters,give them their own universe where they can act as immature teenagers,preach about social issues(dude we want a good story take your beliefs to hell) etc. "
LMFAO this is awesome
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Gambler said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" Judd Winick and his characters,give them their own universe where they can act as immature teenagers,preach about social issues(dude we want a good story take your beliefs to hell) etc. "
LMFAO this is awesome "
LOL,i commented on one of your images.
DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DEGRAAF
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" @xerox-kitty said:
"

CYCLOPS

"
Must resist urge to argue... I like you X-K, and this is a dagger through my heart. Oh well.

Characters who should be killed off permanently;
  1. Every X-Man except Cyclops, Emma, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Xavier, Psylocke, Fantomex, Wolverine (in a supporting capacity) and Gambit. 
  2. Jean Grey. She needs her own shout out.
  3. Namor.
  4. Hal Jordan. 
  5. Bendis.
"

even Iceman?
King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King Quisling

Juggernaut..... I'm tired of him flip-flopping all over the place  & his unclear intentions.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@entropy_aegis said:
" @Gambler said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
LMFAO this is awesome "
LOL,i commented on one of your images. "
Which one?
Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to say Storm. She has a very strange, schizophrenic personality. One second, she's an earnest leader, the next second and she is gallivanting around Japan for fun, the next, she's fighting in an underground fighting ring, flying around as an Frican goddess and then she's lounging around the mansion naked. A lot of her best traits are obscured by all the writer-induced fanservice she is subjected to. She's similar to Wolverine in that she started out interesting but became over-burdened, IMHO, with random background character arcs that weren't really necessary. 

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Gambler said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
" @Gambler said:
" @entropy_aegis said:
LMFAO this is awesome "
LOL,i commented on one of your images. "
Which one? "
The one with Deathstroke/Talia from Batman and Robin.
Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sentry! I'm so ELATED he's dead. I hope he never comes back.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Superman prime.
Deadpool. They should reduce his appearances.
Wolverine. They should reduce his appearances.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45  Edited By Caligula

Storm
Juggernaut

TheThe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheThe
@xerox-kitty said:
"

CYCLOPS

"
THIS !  + Jean Grey and Hal Jordan.
Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Darkmount1

I think I'll be the only one to say this....you don't need to kill anyone just to get better story content. Let me elaborate: 

1.The problem of overexposure. 
This is probably one of the biggest detractors in comics, so to solve this little problem--ONE CHARACTER, ONE BOOK. There can be exceptions (Detective Comics and Action Comics come to mind), but overall, it should just be Batman in "BATMAN", Superman in "SUPERMAN", Spider-Man in "THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN", Wolverine in "WOLVERINE", etc. They don't need to be in multiple titles or on multiple teams, they don't have to be the dominant character in a toyline. If either company has to rely on any of those characters to make money, then they have a serious problem with their marketing. Seriously, they have all these overexposed characters on merchandise everywhere, but do most regular people even know their origins? Their real names? Their personality traits?  Same thing with teams--I'd rather it just be Avengers; no Secret, New, Mighty, etc. Same goes with other examples: 
-Justice League (no 'of America', no International, no Europe, no Antarctica, no Task Force, no Extreme, no Elite, JUST Justice League) 
-X-Men (just that, nothing more; it could be changed to something that won't offend feminists or people who are just concerned about the '-men' part) 

2. Creative teams  
Any character should have a decent creative team that has two goals in mind--give the character a good story, and make that character likeable (or so bad that character's likeable). THAT is how you sell a character on to someone. 

3. There should be a character for EVERYONE. 
Any comic superhero deserves an audience; there should be fans for each of them. EVERY character should be given attention, not just the popular ones.

4. Media exposure 
Any character should get the chance to be in a tv show or a movie, or even a toy. The obvious obstacle is marketing, but all it takes is what it is about the character that appeals to what audience you're trying to sell him or her on.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jnr6Lil

chaacters that aren't used should be given the boot.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By RisingBean

In Dc all the derivitive Super-boys and Wonder girl types who suck the unique out of the mainstay heroes.  

In Marvel I would go with Daken.  

And for both U's anybody Loeb created.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Doomsday.