Getting into Marvel Comics

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

I need a guiding hand getting into Marvel Comics, I do like alot of characters from Marvel and have read a few stories but everything I think sounds good seems to end up being stale (Avengers Vs X-Men or Marvel Now run of Thunderbolts)

Found DC much better (at least with the books of theirs I picked up) I would like a few good stores, read Punisher Black & White, Moon Knight From the Dead & Deadpool: Dead Presidents which was ok but sold them after I read them Have only kept:

Avengers: X-Sanction

Cable and X-Force (Marvel Now run)

X-Force (Marvel Now run)

Anita Blake (Surprisingly)

Spider-Man: The Gauntlet

Thats all I have read of Marvel that i've kept, looking for a few others.

My Favourite Marvel Heroes are Cable, Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man, Gambit, Blade & Iron Man. So Would really like good recommendations of those.

Moon Knight seemed interesting and everyone raves about Daredevil so would be curious on a few good books like those, also any characters you could recommend.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well for marvel comics: Storm,Wolverine and the x-men,The amazing x-men, Fantastic Four. Inhumans, Thunderbolt is pretty good(Some of the artwork in some issues is just absolutely terrible),Death of Wolverine,Deadpool, Amazing Spider-man is great. Stay away from Avenger, elektra is doing awful as well, All new ultimates is god awful too,pass on All-New Ghost Rider,

Dc: Just pick up Batman and you're good.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Stick to the Inhumans, the X-men are all over the place.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@holyserpent: Inhumans is it? Never even considered reading them. never grabbed my attention.

@ariesxmasters: Thanks for the recommendations, will have a look at them. Don't need any recommendations for DC. Easier to find decent ones to read anyways.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FearTheLiving
Read it. Love It. Live it.
Read it. Love It. Live it.

@guru_crack:

After 22 Fraction's run is ending then Jeff Lemire is coming on, so if you were a fan of Green Arrow there is also an incentive to check out what he does with Hawkeye. Also now more then ever is the best time to hop on the Hawkeye train, with the scheduling being more consistent and the ability to pick up some trades for the series which it really benefits from, not to mention it's pretty much tied to it's own world you don't see event tie-ins or need to read old Hawkeye books. (Though I'd recommend them as it's not like Hawkeye has that many)

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GreatCaesarsGhost

Old story, but if you get a chance, check out a Hardcover/Paperback of "DoomQuest". An amazing Iron Man/Dr. Doom story arc. One of my all time favourite Marvel books.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By patrat18

Marvel now in general is a very good place to start.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Step 1: Realize that you're wasting your time with Marvel

Step 2: Start reading Image, Valiant and any other indie publisher that piques your interest

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving: Thanks i'll give Hawkeye a go. @greatcaesarsghost: Thanks for the recommendation but I do find it harder to read the older books as I never seem to find the artwork appealing. @patrat18: Thanks for replying but having trouble finding Marvel Now titles I enjoy to be honest. @i_like_swords: I own alot of Valiant, Dynamite, Image & Dark Horse Comics. I just want a few Marvel Books to add to my collection.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Step 2: Start reading Image, Valiant and any other indie publisher that piques your interest

Does this include Punisher?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By ComicStooge

@i_like_swords said:

Indie chump! Go read some Ninjack and Luthor Strode!

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By patrat18

@guru_crack: Thor (god butcher arc), Agent venom, all new Ghost rider, Ultimate Spiderman, Magneto (marvel now), are all good books.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: Tahnks, not a fan of Ghost Rider so will probably ignore him but the others I will give a try especially Magneto.