Posted by G-Man (37775 posts) - - Show Bio

It's time once again for the Whiskey Media Second Annual BIG Live LIVE Show. It's going to be live. All the Whiskey Media sites are banding together to give you eight full hours of quality entertainment. That means Comic Vine, Giant Bomb, Tested and Screened will all have something for you to watch. Of course because it's live, things may not always go according to plan.

We've all been working on the show for the last few weeks. There is so much planned that it feels like eight hours won't be enough. As for Comic Vine's contribution...we have a phone in interview with a certain CCO and writer of a few #1 issues. Find out the answer to the questions you're dying to know.

But that's not all.

== TEASER ==

Cosplay is a big deal. We're going to have some cosplayers you've probably seen at conventions. I'll just say that some of the cosplayers seen to the right here will join us in the office to talk about their passion.

If that wasn't enough...we also have some plans for a comic book writer or possibly two to come in as well. Who could it be? You'll have to watch the show to find out.

That's just Comic Vine's portion. We try to keep the insanity at a reasonable level but wait until you see what the other sites have planned. You're not going to want to miss it.

The show begins FRIDAY, September 9, at 10 a.m. PT. Make sure you figure out how that applies to your time zone. The show is free and available to everyone. Thanks to all who have supported Comic Vine and Whiskey Media this past year. Wait until you see what we have planned for the next year.

Check it out here: http://www.comicvine.com/chat/

#1 Posted by edmanastro (6 posts) - - Show Bio

whats the time zon hell where is comicvine
#2 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@edmanastro: San Francisco
#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio

Have the day off. I'll be watching this in its entirety.

#4 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Great stuff!

#5 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (125 posts) - - Show Bio

I need to figure out what snacks to keep at my computer.

#6 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3561 posts) - - Show Bio
Straw Hat Pirates gender switch by Eiichiro Oda
I love that gender bending picture of the Justice League, It reminds me of a picture Eiichiro Oda drew of the Straw Hat Pirates if their genders were switched.

While I look forward to this show. I fully expect the Anime Vice community to get snubbed as it was last year. More so since Tom isn't able to make it. That disappointment aside, I do still think it will be a lot of fun to watch,

I hope you and Sara get plenty of rest tonight, Tony. You have a big day tomorrow. I know you guys will do great. I have to bake and decorate a Spider-man themed birthday cake for my cousin's son's birthday that's Saturday. Not sure how much I'll get to see live.
#7 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

Right on!

#8 Edited by keith71_98 (387 posts) - - Show Bio

Will there be a podcast posted tomorrow as usual? I hope so since I have to work and it's a huge week for comics and comic fans! 

NEVER MIND...Just saw that it's up early! Woo Hoo

#9 Posted by rentfn (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait for this!!!!!

#10 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

Will be in the CV chat tomorrow.

#11 Posted by MintBerryCrunch (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I shall be watching...from school BWAHAHA

#12 Posted by ticticchilitic (28 posts) - - Show Bio

I really can't wait for this. I'll be working away from my desk so that I can have a bigger monitor running all the live feeds!

#13 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio

Will we be able to view it later?  Because as it stands, I'm going to miss the first 5 hours because of school..

#14 Posted by sparty-dbq (835 posts) - - Show Bio

Work and grocery shopping.  I'll miss most, if not the entire thing.  Crap on a stick.

#15 Posted by G-Man (37775 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot: We're hoping it'll be archived. No promises at this point.

#16 Posted by _Zombie_ (10462 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Alright, thanks.  If not, I can settle for the last 3 hours.
#17 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll definitely sit in for a big portion of this, as I have the day off.

#18 Posted by noj (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda want to watch it but to be honest I really dont care much for the rest of the people at Whiskey Media

#19 Posted by G-Man (37775 posts) - - Show Bio

@noj: Thanks. But we are one big happy family. We appreciate the support.

#20 Posted by Whisper_ (3464 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Are you guys having another block party afterwards? Because Drunk Rorie was absolutely amazing. 
#21 Posted by pikahyper (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

I still haven't watched last years show o.o

#22 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3561 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man
 I would hope it's archived somewhere. If just for the convenience of any members in another time zone where they are unable to join in. One of the turmoils of having a world wide audience.

I do see something that confuses me. Thought I don't agree with it. I completely understand why there is no streaming window on the front of Anime Vice. There isn't one on Tested's front page either. But why was there at least no promotional article on Anime Vice at least telling members when the show is scheduled and the sites they could watch it from? It comes across as if Anime Vice members aren't invited.

@_Whisper_
I listened to the Screened podcast. He's made a promise not to get drunk.
#23 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7955 posts) - - Show Bio

Currently being an unemployed student I'm up for watching this year. I'm sure this has been brought up but I've missed it, can all members watch live or is it a paid members shindig only?

#24 Posted by sora_thekey (8184 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope everybody has fun today! I won't be watching the Live show since I have stuff to do but I'm sure it will be amazing... ;)

#25 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Have the day off. I'll be watching this in its entirety.

are you sure you want to be admitting that, sounds kinda sad

(I also have the day off, will probably have the show playing in the background all day)

#26 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omega Ray Jay said:

Currently being an unemployed student I'm up for watching this year. I'm sure this has been brought up but I've missed it, can all members watch live or is it a paid members shindig only?

everyone can watch it live (says so in the article), I mean 85% of the point of it is to draw in new paying members with how awesome everyone who watches it will feel and the other 15% is to just put out more content and have fun

#27 Edited by 0xymoron (173 posts) - - Show Bio

I really need to join the premium membership, because I really want to watch.
#28 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7955 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost: Cheers.
#29 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt I don't believe he'll end up keeping that promise.
#30 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio
@0xymoron Its for everybody :)
#31 Posted by 0xymoron (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: I know what I'll be watching later on :)
#32 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio
@0xymoron It's highly entertaining ^_^
#33 Posted by 0xymoron (173 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress: This will be my first time watching, so I'm pretty excited.
#34 Posted by Billy Batson (58275 posts) - - Show Bio

I MIGHT watch it a few minutes. 

BB

#35 Posted by MrGutts (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if you want to chat on the comicvine.com/chat you will have a 50/50 chance it will be posted.

#36 Posted by MintBerryCrunch (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched on and off and you guys did a great show! Fruit ninja at the end with Norm was Mint Berry CRUNCH!!!

#37 Posted by SmoothJammin (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw balls. Had to work, and I was so looking forwards to it

#38 Posted by pikahyper (12647 posts) - - Show Bio

Were any changes/updates to the CV site mentioned? any talk of the new wiki system?