#1 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering many comic fans get called these things what are they?

I think a Dork is just someone sillyy

Dweeb just a general term for lame

Geek-Super smart people

Nerd-People who like things most people don't

Though I would say Nerd/Geek are the same

#2 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Well dork can stand for something else...

#3 Posted by PowerHerc (82755 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think a geek and a nerd are the same thing.

Nerds are geeks who aren't super-smart.

#4 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Well dork can stand for something else...
#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

You have nerd and geek mixed up, OP.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

The word geek actually means fool 
 
also do people stil say dweeb?

#7 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

No one says Dweeb

Dork is for someone silly and foolish

Nerd is someone who likes Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Video Games, comic books

Geek is someone super smart

Though to most people they all mean the same thing.

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11315 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why people need to be branded for who they are or what they're into.

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (57916 posts) - - Show Bio

is someone who's smart.
BB

#10 Edited by remogunz (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I just call it comfortable in your own skin and I'm prime example I don't look like your average comic reader because I'm in hip hop music and i do jiu jitsu.. However Im a spiderman fan until I do and I can go 2 comic-con and hang out just as easy I can go to the club with my girl

#11 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see a difference between nerd and geek and that's gotten me into trouble with older geeks who get offended when I refer to us collectively as "nerds" because they don't realize that "nerds" are cool now, with their thick-rimmed glasses and ipads and indy rock style while wearing tight, womens' jeans.

#12 Edited by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

Considering many comic fans get called these things what are they?

I think a Dork is just someone sillyy Agreed.

Dweeb just a general term for lame Agreed.

Geek-Super smart people Agreed

Nerd-People who like things most people don't Not totally, in my opinion, I'd consider Nerd your definition plus geek.

Though I would say Nerd/Geek are the same

@fodigg said:

I don't see a difference between nerd and geek and that's gotten me into trouble with older geeks who get offended when I refer to us collectively as "nerds" because they don't realize that "nerds" are cool now, with their thick-rimmed glasses and ipads and indy rock style while wearing tight, womens' jeans.

Wait, I'm cool now? How come nobody told me? Well, minus the women's jeans thing.

#13 Posted by BatWatch (2580 posts) - - Show Bio

Surprisingly, I pretty much agree with your definitions. The only one I'm not with you on is dork. I think of dork as someone who is socially awkward.

#14 Posted by The Stegman (23795 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg:  
 

I don't see a difference between nerd and geek and that's gotten me into trouble with older geeks who get offended when I refer to us collectively as "nerds" because they don't realize that "nerds" are cool now, with their thick-rimmed glasses and ipads and indy rock style while wearing tight, womens' jeans.

Those aren't nerds or geeks, they're hipsters, who like to dress "geek chic" 
 
To me the OP has geek and nerd mixed up.  
 
I see nerds as someone who's an outcast to the social norm, those who are really smart but ostracized because of it, Geeks on the other hand are common, they're people who are very passionate about the things they love, I think we're all a little bit of a geek.
Online
#15 Edited by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe a dork is someone who gets stiff when they are overly-excited

you know, like they were having a seizure

Moderator
#16 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@fodigg:


I don't see a difference between nerd and geek and that's gotten me into trouble with older geeks who get offended when I refer to us collectively as "nerds" because they don't realize that "nerds" are cool now, with their thick-rimmed glasses and ipads and indy rock style while wearing tight, womens' jeans.

Those aren't nerds or geeks, they're hipsters, who like to dress "geek chic" To me the OP has geek and nerd mixed up. I see nerds as someone who's an outcast to the social norm, those who are really smart but ostracized because of it, Geeks on the other hand are common, they're people who are very passionate about the things they love, I think we're all a little bit of a geek.

I think it's the other way around, And what's hipsters?@Funrush said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Considering many comic fans get called these things what are they?

I think a Dork is just someone sillyy Agreed.

Dweeb just a general term for lame Agreed.

Geek-Super smart people Agreed

Nerd-People who like things most people don't Not totally, in my opinion, I'd consider Nerd your definition plus geek.

Though I would say Nerd/Geek are the same

@fodigg said:

I don't see a difference between nerd and geek and that's gotten me into trouble with older geeks who get offended when I refer to us collectively as "nerds" because they don't realize that "nerds" are cool now, with their thick-rimmed glasses and ipads and indy rock style while wearing tight, womens' jeans.

Wait, I'm cool now? How come nobody told me? Well, minus the women's jeans thing.

Nah think I had the nerd definition right.

#17 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm a little bit of all of these except for the dork part...though I have been "name called" all of this. If someone calls me a nerd/geek I just say "DAMN PROUD OF IT" and they usually leave me alone and walk away freaked out.

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

I don't know why people need to be branded for who they are or what they're into.

also this.

#18 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53 said:

I think I'm a little bit of all of these except for the dork part...though I have been "name called" all of this. If someone calls me a nerd/geek I just say "DAMN PROUD OF IT" and they usually leave me alone and walk away freaked out.

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

I don't know why people need to be branded for who they are or what they're into.

also this.

Just finding out definition.

#19 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

Think Nerd is super smart, and Geek is people who like things most people don;t.