Gamma Bursts

• 101 results
SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I talked to an Astrophysicist from M.I.T today and he said that supernova's and black holes emit Gamma Burts that would very easily destroy Earth. So that means that people who have been through supernovas and black holes would resist World Breaker Hulk's supposed gamma burst. Superman comes to mind since he somewhat recently went into a black hole and was not even damaged in the least IIRC. I'll post the screen grabs in a few minutes.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microwaves emit radiation i can handle that, that means i can handle the fallout of a nuclear blast

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Microwaves emit radiation i can handle that, that means i can handle the fallout of a nuclear blast

Not sure what that has to do with my post.

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: heres a better example superman couldnt tank ocean masters lightning that means storm can one hit superman with lightning

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: heres a better example superman couldnt tank ocean masters lightning that means storm can one hit superman with lightning

Im not sure what that has to do with my post either.

ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: because your post is using stupid logic and dosent make sense

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: because your post is using stupid logic and dosent make sense

With all due respect, I'll take the Astrophysicist's word over yours every single time.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mysticmedivh
No Caption Provided

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@thor_parker82 said:

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: Don´t try to debate with him.

There is no debating. Unless your an Astrophysicist too like the guy I talked to.

Wouldn't that only count if you were debating Astrophysics?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SodamYat

@sodamyat said:

@thor_parker82 said:

There is no debating. Unless your an Astrophysicist too like the guy I talked to.

Considering that this is the definition of Astrphysics, and he and I talked about gamma bursts, stars, and black holes, Id say he's pretty qualified, dont you think?

"the branch of astronomy concerned with the physical nature of stars and other celestial bodies, and the application of the laws and theories of physics to the interpretation of astronomical observations"

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shawnbaby

@sodamyat said:

@cave_duck said:

@sodamyat said:

@thor_parker82 said:

Considering that this is the definition of Astrphysics, and he and I talked about gamma bursts, stars, and black holes, Id say he's pretty qualified, dont you think?

"the branch of astronomy concerned with the physical nature of stars and other celestial bodies, and the application of the laws and theories of physics to the interpretation of astronomical observations"

He's qualified to talk about Astrophysics in the real world sure....but what does he know about Comic Book Physics? Because Comic Books have their own very whacky rules of physics.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@cave_duck said:

@sodamyat said:

@thor_parker82 said:

He's qualified to talk about Astrophysics in the real world sure....but what does he know about Comic Book Physics? Because Comic Books have their own very whacky rules of physics.

Sounds like a cop out. The guy who does this for a living said black holes and supernovas produce gamma bursts that would very easily destroy earth and in comics there are characters that have gone through black holes and supernovas. This is just like any other thing. I do know where youre coming from but I think its a big stretch.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also hay guiyse: I talked to a geneticist and he told me that mutants might get different coloured eyes or webbed fingers...but not the ability to control minds or regenerate from a pile of bones. And i asked my radiologist what would happen if I got bit by a radioactive spider and he said that i would not gain a danger sense, the ability to climb walls, or enahanced physical attributes...but i might get sick and die.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also hay guiyse: I talked to a geneticist and he told me that mutants might get different coloured eyes or webbed fingers...but not the ability to control minds or regenerate from a pile of bones. And i asked my radiologist what would happen if I got bit by a radioactive spider and he said that i would not gain a danger sense, the ability to climb walls, or enahanced physical attributes...but i might get sick and die.

?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@shawnbaby said:

@sodamyat said:

@cave_duck said:

@sodamyat said:

@thor_parker82 said:

Sounds like a cop out. The guy who does this for a living said black holes and supernovas produce gamma bursts that would very easily destroy earth and in comics there are characters that have gone through black holes and supernovas. This is just like any other thing. I do know where youre coming from but I think its a big stretch.

You miss the point. Comic Book writers make up their own rules regarding physics. The very fact that you have characters that can survive going through a black hole in the first place should tell you this.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@shawnbaby said:\

You miss the point. Comic Book writers make up their own rules regarding physics. The very fact that you have characters that can survive going through a black hole in the first place should tell you this.

Sure and yet we still use some real world phsyics, ideas, laws in comic books. I understand if you choose not to want to accept this. Its ok.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@shawnbaby said:

?

The point is that Comic Books are not scientifically accurate. Comic Book Writers just make stuff up. So anything an Astrophysicist might tell you about how Gamma Bursts and what not is absolutely meaningless when placed in a comic book world.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you'll accept guys who tank atom bombs,shoot heat vision and flies....somehow and you accept women who may or may not carry dozens of swords in hammer space, but god forbid if gamma waves work differently in comics then in the real world.

Are you this willfully ignorant on purpose or is the Kool-Aid that good?

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@shawnbaby said:

?

The point is that Comic Books are not scientifically accurate. Comic Book Writers just make stuff up. So anything an Astrophysicist might tell you about how Gamma Bursts and what not is absolutely meaningless when placed in a comic book world.

Nah. I disagree completely. Now we all know that supernovas and blackholes emit this so its always good to learn. Its the same thing as people saying character X not being able to sustain cold temperatures and another viner coming in and debunking that by saying that character has been in space. If those people didnt know space was cold, that viner just educated them. Same thing goes here. Now we all know that gamma bursts wouldnt do much to Superman or other characters that have been through black holes and supernovas. Again, If you somehow dont want to accept this then thats ok.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:
@shawnbaby said:
@sodamyat said:

Sure and yet we still use some real world phsyics, ideas, laws in comic books. I understand if you choose not to want to accept this. Its ok.

I totally accept that an astrophysicist told you these things about gamma bursts and i totally accept that they are true.

But if we applied those truths to a comic book world...we wouldn't have a Hulk to begin with. A real human does not turn into a green-skinned rage-monster after being exposed to a massive bommbardment of gamma radiation. He just dies.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you'll accept guys who tank atom bombs,shoot heat vision and flies....somehow and you accept women who may or may not carry dozens of swords in hammer space, but god forbid if gamma waves work differently in comics then in the real world.

Are you this willfully ignorant on purpose or is the Kool-Aid that good?

please dont call me ignorant. Its insulting.

@saren@renchamp

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Think i'm going to flag this as a troll/bait thread.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't have a thick enough skin to interact on the net, i'd consider another hobby.

As it is this bait thread is insulting.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't have a thick enough skin to interact on the net, i'd consider another hobby.

If you cant abide by this sites rules which include no insulting other users, then I'd consider finding another comic site to frequent.

Please refrain from insulting me.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: ig·no·rantˈiɡnərənt/adjective

lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.

If you lack the ability to discern that Kryptonians and Amazons are false and cannot exist with real life science, yet gamma rays have to act as they do in the real world, then it sounds like you are unaware of comics in general. Shawnbaby has explained it in such a way an elementary school aged child could understand and you give him "?" as a reply. That sounds pretty maliciously ignorant to me.

As for people not making comments you dislike, my advice would not to make troll bait threads and crackpot theories in public.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@risingbean said:

If you cant abide by this sites rules which include no insulting other users, then I'd consider finding another comic site to frequent.

Please refrain from insulting me.

Technically, he didn't actually insult you.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SodamYat

Ive stated my peace with facts both in real world and comic book world. If you choose to not accept this, so be it. I just want to educate people. No need to get angry.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

Ive stated my peace with facts both in real world and comic book world. If you choose to not accept this, so be it. I just want to educate people. No need to get angry.

I'm actually really looking forward to you using this line of reasoning in the battle forum. If you got upset by what Bean said...they're going to eat you alive in there.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Your topic is pretty much this. In the real world, gamma rays kill you. They don't act like they do in comics and make you Hulk.

Your comparison is apples and oranges. People who deal with black holes are not any more or less resistant to Hulk's gamma burst then they would be normally.

Comic logic is not real world logic.

The End.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

I'm actually really looking forward to you using this line of reasoning in the battle forum. If you got upset by what Bean said...they're going to eat you alive in there.

ok

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Your topic is pretty much this. In the real world, gamma rays kill you. They don't act like they do in comics and make you Hulk.

Your comparison is apples and oranges. People who deal with black holes are not any more or less resistant to Hulk's gamma burst then they would be normally.

Comic logic is not real world logic.

The End.

My topic is pretty much this: hey black holes and supernovas give off gamma bursts that can easily destroy earth. and we've seen comic characters go through supernovas and black holes.

Just trying to educate viners.

Again, you dont have to agree. Im not here to convince risingbean. Ok? So lets just end this discussion.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Well if you want to "educate viners" on real world gamma waves, you should also be sure to mention how real world black holes will kill any hero.

Now on the other hand if you want to note Superman held a black hole, in your "educational segment" you should note that it is a comic book science black hole. I'll also note that in battle forums gamma waves from the Hulk will still be an issue because the feats say so.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@shawnbaby said:

@sodamyat said:

@shawnbaby said:

?

Nah. I disagree completely. Now we all know that supernovas and blackholes emit this so its always good to learn. Its the same thing as people saying character X not being able to sustain cold temperatures and another viner coming in and debunking that by saying that character has been in space. If those people didnt know space was cold, that viner just educated them. Same thing goes here. Now we all know that gamma bursts wouldnt do much to Superman or other characters that have been through black holes and supernovas. Again, If you somehow dont want to accept this then thats ok.

Black holes don't actually emit gamma rays themselves.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Well if you want to "educate viners" on real world gamma waves, you should also be sure to mention how real world black holes will kill any hero.

Now on the other hand if you want to note Superman held a black hole, in your "educational segment" you should note that it is a comic book science black hole. I'll also note that in battle forums gamma waves from the Hulk will still be an issue because the feats say so.

And i disagree. So again, you dont need to agree with me. Im not trying to convince you specifically. Theres nothing left to say.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Indeed. You can disagree all you want, but I'll give you a friendly bit of advice. You're name is quickly becoming known as a joke/worthless debator. If you want to enter the battle threads with this line of logic (and I'd bet my two cent's I'll see it soon enough) it's not going to help your rep. One day you'll find yourself impotently declaring winners while spouting off unreasonable "logic" while the communities actual logical debators ignore you and your posts for the nonsense that they are.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: Indeed. You can disagree all you want, but I'll give you a friendly bit of advice. You're name is quickly becoming known as a joke/worthless debator. If you want to enter the battle threads with this line of logic (and I'd bet my two cent's I'll see it soon enough) it's not going to help your rep. One day you'll find yourself impotently declaring winners while spouting off unreasonable "logic" while the communities actual logical debators ignore you and your posts for the nonsense that they are.

I asked that you please wouldnt insult me.

@saren@renchamp

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

@risingbean said:

@saren@renchamp

Once again...he didn't insult you.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: So it's an insult to tell you that if you constantly use faulty logic that it will make you a pariah? Because it's already happening. You're already known as that "neck durability" guy. And in this thread alone, somebody tells another user not to bother talking to you because it's a waste of time. If you wan't to be a laughingstock, be my guest, dude. It's no skin off my nose either way.

As I said before if you are so thin skinned, maybe you shouldn't be on the internet. God forbid you go to youtube or something. You may end up crying because those guys will call you all sorts of names.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@sodamyat said:

@risingbean said:

@saren@renchamp

That's not an insult, it's fairly accurate.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: he says im a worthless debator and thats not an insult and you agree?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@saren said:
@sodamyat said:

@risingbean said:

@saren@renchamp

That's not an insult, it's fairly accurate.

Loading Video...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

@sodamyat said:

@saren: he says im a worthless debator and thats not an insult and you agree?

He said you're becoming known as such, which is also accurate. You can't honestly think the neck jokes are the result of the high esteem other posters hold you in.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Things are getting pretty heated up here. :D

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Artyom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sodamyat said:

I talked to an Astrophysicist from M.I.T today and he said that supernova's and black holes emit Gamma Burts that would very easily destroy Earth. So that means that people who have been through supernovas and black holes would resist World Breaker Hulk's supposed gamma burst. Superman comes to mind since he somewhat recently went into a black hole and was not even damaged in the least IIRC. I'll post the screen grabs in a few minutes.

So you are saying that nobody out side of high level galaxy busters should be able to harm Flash because he ran straight through a black hole and survived. Yeah, sure...I'll take it.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Saint_Sophie

Why are you trying to apply real life science with comics? In real life a person who didn't get cancer or die after being exposed to radiation doesn't make much sense. And iirc, some users have said that a comic supernova or blackhole is somewat different from the one that guy talked about.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: So to recap, its perfectly fine to call people willfully ignorant and call them joke/worthless debators?