RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz
No Caption Provided

To be honest, this review has no real reason to be about this game in particular. Instead I came to this game as an afterthought to a much more intriguing game. A few weeks ago I picked up a copy of Pandemic, and it is a pretty fun game, especially as it is with a science related topic (though not at all requiring science to play.) I am somewhat addicted to this game and I make my husband play with me whenever we can, and so much so that I found a board game cafe nearby that had the expansion packs, because I thought I would check them out before buying. While I was there though, I noticed that they had a copy of this deck building game, so I decided to give it a chance as well (the Pandemic expansions were pretty fun though.)

This game is based around a concept of DC heroes, but the heroes themselves don't really work themselves into the mechanics except as it relates to the card aspect of the game. I found the rules to be a little quirky to figure out right away, but after I did the game progressed pretty well and was pretty fun. For some reason I let my husband play as Wonder Woman so I was left to choose from the others, from whom Green Lantern seemed to have the best options (the Wonder Woman option is pretty good too.) The points system kinds of highlights how much the characters are just there for the pictures. Sometimes there makes some sense as to why certain cards get certain effects (like Solomon Grundy can resurrect into your hand whenever you buy him) but there are other more questionable associations - like Wonder Woman is seemingly very awesome at capturing villains as opposed to the other characters. I ended up losing but mostly because I drew some bad cards to begin the game, and because I underestimated the value of the Suicide Squad (basically the Suicide Squad squares the value of the card, as each card in the end is equal to how many of the same cards that you have, so if you have five then you have five cards worth five each.) A DC fan would probably like this game though, as well as a board game fan liking the mechanics (I am both, so double credit for me.) This is no Pandemic, but it is still a pretty fun game, and I would recommend it to others (I will probably buy it, and the expansion pack when it comes out later in the month).

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Sounds really interesting! Where'd you purchase it?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek: I didn't buy it yet, I will probably probably find a store to buy it in, though I found it on Amazon as well. There is also a Marvel version.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@razzatazz: I might have to buy this. Thanks for posting a review. :)

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@razzatazz: I'll look forward to the next review then.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@razzatazz: Definitely buying these when they come out though. Good job on the blog!

axelbra108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By axelbra108

Okay this game is awesome. I have just played the game with my gf for the last 5 hours and we are both hooked. Definitely plan on getting the expansion. The cool thing about the game is it's totally fair and the strategy is different for whatever superhero you draw. Some superheroes are way better cards, but that is up to your luck. It's a good game, but you will have to play it a couple of times before you really understand the dynamics and rules. Definitely give it a shot.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

I want to get it, but if I did I'd have no one to play it with, none of my friends like comics :(

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jokerpoker: My husband doesn't read comics, but plays. It is about the mechanics after you get past the characters.

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11