Gambit in X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Did you like him?

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was just wondering, did anyone else enjoy Gambit's portrayal in X-Men Origins? It wasn't close to his comic-counterpart, sure but neither are many of the other X-Characters. I've seen that a few people like him and there's a lot of people that hate him but I think the hate comes from the fact that most of the movie was a disappointment. I personally loved Taylor Kitsch's performance - his role as Gambit was the last film that I actually enjoyed his acting in the past 4 years. I wish he was returning for Days of Future Past... I don't see how Bryan Singer could be happy with Ellen Page's casting as Kitty Pryde but not at least consider Taylor Kitsch as Gambit. Thoughts?

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Meh. visually he looked the part, but needed a hell of a lot more swagger and waaaay thicker accent if you ask me. i don't think he should've been in the movie though, i liked the movie but the continuity messing around got me riled up. Remy meeting a teen Emma and Scott? lame............ but Liv played a seriously cool sabertooth IMO

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was OK. He wasn't original at all though. They took a interesting cajun with personality and turned him into well...Someone with no personality at all. But visually he had the looks and he had the "swag" so i'll say he did- meh.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh. visually he looked the part, but needed a hell of a lot more swagger and waaaay thicker accent if you ask me. i don't think he should've been in the movie though, i liked the movie but the continuity messing around got me riled up. Remy meeting a teen Emma and Scott? lame............ but Liv played a seriously cool sabertooth IMO

You can't have Gambit without the accent. You just can't. Add to that the whole age/time difference you mentioned, it just came off very, very wrong. It would have been better without the character.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I like Taylor Kitsch and if they wanted to do Gambit in the future I would be okay with him playing the part.

That being said, his portrayal in X-Men origins was so small, that it was barely worth having him in there - which was basically the problem of the film in the first place. Throwing mutants at us left and right to the point where it no longer feels like anyone with powers is special or unique.

And when you introduce a character and make him seem irrelevant his first time out...it really doesn't sit well. Look at Angel for example in X3. The guy has literally zero importance to the film. Why slaughter a character like that?

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Aiden Cross

I never understood one part. First Gambit didn't want to fight and run, then he jumped right in the middle of a fight with wolverine/sabretooth, then he ran away again only to be caught by Logan.... Why didn't he run away in the first instance -__-

Anyway, looked the part. But a terrible portrayal overall.