Avatar image for bossdarksied355
Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bossdarksied355

We all know that after a certain amount of time has passed galactus needs to feed to refuel his powers, this either happens through the natural course of time or after a titanic battle usually with other god-like beings when he has to expel quite a bit of energy to fend them off. But I've been wondering that since all of his heralds have a small portion of his power cosmic(except for a few) does them using said power also maybe even slightly drain his powers too? Since it does seem reasonable that he would be the wellspring for their abilities to manifest, since it is his power that they're using to begin with.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jmarshmallow

We all know that after a certain amount of time has passed galactus needs to feed to refuel his powers, this either happens through the natural course of time or after a titanic battle usually with other god-like beings when he has to expel quite a bit of energy to fend them off. But I've been wondering that since all of his heralds have a small portion of his power cosmic(except for a few) does them using said power also maybe even slightly drain his powers too? Since it does seem reasonable that he would be the wellspring for their abilities to manifest, since it is his power that they're using to begin with.

In theory, yes.

Maybe that's why he has insatiable hunger, because every ounce of energy his heralds use just drain him.

Jmarshmallow

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bossdarksied355

@jmarshmallow: This question has been bugging me for a while, so I put it up to see what other people think about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure about that. In the future when he doesn't seem to have any more heralds and comes to eat the dead earth he still has hunger, so I wouldn't say that's why he's always hungry.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Yea he's always had the hunger, the question I asked is if his heralds add to it also.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kyrees

@bossdarksied355: no, they don't. if they were adding to his hunger, he shouldn't even be creating his heralds in the first place. his hunger is too much that any energy he used to create his heralds pales in comparison to the planets he has devoured over his existence.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Are you saying that the energy his heralds use, if they draw their power from galactus would be so negligible that it really doesn't matter?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kyrees

@bossdarksied355: they don't draw their power from galactus, they were given a portion of the galactu's power cosmic. however, that given portion is negligible since galactus has been consuming far too many planets.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: I get what you're saying for the most part but what do you mean by"Galactus has been consuming far too many planets"?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossdarksied355: what i mean that the planets he consumed are far too many that any loss of power cosmic due to giving to it to his heralds is negligible.

Bossdarksied355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Ah, sorry it's just the wording you used confused me a little.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Heralds don't pull power from Galactus; once he bestows the Power Cosmic on them, they are completely independent beings. Silver Surfer, for example, recharges his own power by absorbing ambient cosmic and solar radiation. Fallen One absorbs Dark Matter. The other Heralds are presumably similar to the Surfer. Galactus could die, and the Heralds would still function just fine. The Heralds can use as much power as they want, and it won't affect Galactus at all.