• 118 results
Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@sog7dc: You asked me if I could judge something I haven't experienced. I suggest you work on your debating skills.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By SOG7dc

At this point the casting is like schroedingers cat. It can be thought of as both good and bad. It's not until we open the box, in this case view the film, that we can verify whether it was good or bad....and even then it'll be subjective

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Four reasons why Jesse Eisenberg should be Lex:

1. Baldness. I'm gonna come out and say it, I hope he's NOT bald in the film. In the first Superman film, Lex wasn't apparently bald, if I recall he wore a wig until the end. I want this to be Lex just up and coming (in the spotlight anyway, obviously he's been around awhile) thus, i want him to have hair. It would also make for a better plot if he goes bald later thanks to something Superman did, it would make him hate the alien all the more.

2. Muscles: Lex is a businessman, Lex is a genius, Lex is a philanthropist and Lex is a criminal mastermind. None of that requires him to be Hulk Hogan. Look at Michael Rosenbaum, look at Gene Hackman, look at Kevin Spacey, NONE of them were overly muscular, after all, Lex's brain is his most powerful weapon, not his brawn.

3. Age: Henry Cavill is 30, Jesse Eisenberg is..omg, 30!! They'll be more or less the same age, just like the comics. Just cause Jesse looks young, doesn't mean he's a 15 year old boy. We've already seen Lex old in every film role, having a young, cocky, brash Lex will fit having a young, brash, unsure of himself Superman, they parallels will be more interesting than "Old billionaire doesn't trust alien" plus, we might already be seeing that with Bruce Wayne.

4. Speech: Lex is a smooth talker, he's manipulative, clever and charming in a way, one doesn't have to have a low, deep voice to get that acroos. Jesse can be a fast talking, slick almost used car salesman type Lex. One who can get the public to rally behind him with his youth and charm, especially a public who has just been hurt by the damage done to Metropolis by to angry aliens. He can be the hero that Metropolis thinks it needs.

Plus, Jesse is used to being deceitful in his speeches.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Jesse can be a great Lex, if done right.

No Caption Provided

Nice post.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthedamnbatman:

So you reply with something completely off topic? That has nothing to do with the topic at hand? That's genius man. Comparing apples to oranges and then calling out MY debating skills....bravo

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

First of all we haven't seen the movie. And Lex Luthor much like Joker has been reinterpreted and reinvented by endless writers and artists. Personally I like the change, Lex Luthor is one character who needs it especially after the Gene Hackman/Kevin Spacey Lex Luthor, it would get old pretty fast if we had that version again. And on Gadot, Wonder Woman should be played by an unknown as it would allow for her develop the role as her own and we've never had a film version of Wonder Woman, so why not have an unknown challenge the status quo and fanboys.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By CF12793

I'm thinking he probably campaigned hard for the part and won Snyder over. He's a talented actor and people aren't giving him credit for that. Just remember guys - When Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker, no one - and I mean NO ONE - thought it was a good idea.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I. Eisenberg can sHave it isn't so Hard. Jennifer Lawrence became a brunette to be Katniss.

II. LutHor doesn't Has to be buff, stop lying and Eisenberg can still work out for His role of need to be.

III. THe stoy is More interesting tHat a man for His age Has accomolisHed so mucH at sucH a young age is clearly pompous because He's accomplisHed more tHan otHer men twice His age Has.

IV. Eisenberg can play tHe role well, I can't wait to see you join tHe van wagon once He proves all tHe nay sayers wrong.

-ABstract4$$#073-

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: Are you dense? It wasn't off topic. Re-read what you asked me. I answered it.

That said, I already know how Eisenberg acts. He cannot fit Luthor as we know him. Maybe Luthor as THEIR Luthor, which apparently is going to be a nasally voiced man-child with a messiah complex.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

@m3th: How's he going to get around that non-intimidating borderline laughable voice?

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthedamnbatman: Just watcH tHe movie. And His voice isn't laugHable in my opinion. But, again, Him being a Young Billionaire wHo's pompous doesn't mean He Has to be a intimidating older guy wHen He could be playing a young conniving cold calculating individual. Voice does not equate to Power. He can be a silent tyrant and not a loud king wHo makes manly Hissy fits like users are expecting Lex LutHor to be a Manly Hissy Fitter.

-ABstract4$$#073-

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th: I'll admit that if they make him a very quiet, cold guy, it could work. But he'd have to have only a very FEW well-placed lines. It should be when you hear him speak, you're shocked. If they do that, they could pull it off.

However, that isn't Lex Luthor.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@imthedamnbatman: Snyder has already made it clear that Eisenburg won't be "your" average comic book Lex Luthor, WB/DC is going a different route and that isn't a bad thing. Change can be good, this might just be wishful thinking, but I hope Alfred will be more similar to the Batman Earth One Alfred. Instead of doing the same Lex from previous live action films, their Lex could be new and exciting, So your arguments isn't even necessary, or valid.

“Lex Luthor is often considered the most notorious of Superman’s rivals, his unsavory reputation preceding him since 1940. What’s great about Lex is that he exists beyond the confines of the stereotypical nefarious villain. He’s a complicated and sophisticated character whose intellect, wealth and prominence position him as one of the few mortals able to challenge the incredible might of Superman. Having Jesse in the role allows us to explore that interesting dynamic, and also take the character in some new and unexpected directions.” -Snyder

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: What? It's certainly valid. Just as valid as yours, anyways. Just because they're doing something different doesn't make it good.

You don't need to repost the article. I've read it.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By SOG7dc

@imthedamnbatman:

Am I dense? At Least I understand context. Goodbye now. You clearly aren't capable of any type of decorum and hate any differing opinion.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#65  Edited By batmannflash

I honestly think that he can be a good Lex Luthor. Just shave the head, get slightly bigger and speak in a lower voice, which is all definitely do-able. He's great at playing highly intellectual characters.

Like Affleck, and Gadot, we need to see them on screen before judging.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By PapiNacho

I wan't it expecting this casting , but I like how different he will be from Batman since they both are cerebral characters.I'm still doubtful but i have never seen his movies so I'll wait for the trailers.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: I hate stupidity. I don't need decorum, this is the Internet and I don't even know you. You presented a stupid argument and I shot it down. Now leave.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ccraft

@imthedamnbatman: You might think your opinion is valid, but it isn't. Your just another comic reader who hates anything different.

You shouldn't even be talking to me that way, I have more comments than you!

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: How isn't it valid? Give me specifics.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthedamnbatman:

my argument was stupid? Yet you're arguing against something you haven't experienced. You must be of some new type of idiocy. My argument is that you can't judge a film you haven't seen. You haven't even seen a trailer. All you know is a name. And you're already judging it. You didn't shoot anything down. All you did was type garbage. But that is what trolls like you do. I'm done responding to you and you're foolishness. How ironic that YOU hate stupidity.....

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc: If I'm new idiocy, you must be classic, vintage idiocy.

Don't be so stupid. You're better than that. Of course you can judge a movie you haven't seen. I've never watched Twilight, but then again I don't have to, because I already know it'll be garbage I hate.

Same for Eisenberg. I hate how he acts. I hate his posture. I hate how he delivers lines. I want a classic Lex, but they're making this into a new Lex. Those are all the reasons I need to already hate him in the role.

Are you done now? Watching you trying to justify this argument is pretty embarassing.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthedamnbatman: THey made Grayson/Drake/Todd/Robin be named Robin Blake. THey made Havok, Cyclops Dad. THey made CopperHead a female. THey edit/cHange tHe stories all tHe time it isn't a big deal.

-ABstract4$$#073-

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th: This is too radical a change IMO.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthedamnbatman: Well you stated many times that Eisenburg could be good as "their" Luthor. Eisnburg isn't my ideal Luthor either, if WB/DC was going to do a more comic book Luthor, I would want to see Vin Diesel, for me he looks exactly like All Star Superman Luthor.

Can he play THEIR Luthor? Probably. But their Luthor is going to suck.

Your problem is that your trying to compare Eisenburg to a comic book Lex Luthor that is bald, muscular, and with a different tone. How can you compare the two if the two types of Luther is going to be different? Snyder's clearly said he wanted to do something different with Luthor, so how can you fairly say it's going to suck without knowing how Einenburg will do as this new Luthor? That's why your opinion isn't valid. Do you really want to see the same incarnation of Lex Luthor for every Superman movie in the future? That's why I personally loved MoS, because they did something new and it paid off.

I can't believe people are worried about MoS 2, especially with all the creative talent working on this production.

This is what a 15 year old looks like, Eisenburg in Now You See Me looked like he was in his late 20's. The kid in the picture was Clark Kent in MoS btw.

No Caption Provided

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

@ccraft: That means nothing. My argument is just as valid as yours. I can hate the new direction they're taking, just as you can like it.

Not sure what that picture has to do with anything.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthedamnbatman: You can think you have a good solid argument against this all you want, but you don't. If you would have read what I wrote above the picture, you would understand, I'm not sure if it was you or someone else that said Eisenburg was a man-child and looked like he was 15 years old.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

@ccraft: Yes, what are you trying to say?

The only way I can see this working is if they make him a silent genius, one that says little but when he does, it comes across as a shock. Kind of like Dexter meets, well, Lex Luthor. A sociopath with little interest in direct communication.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I have a great argument. He is a man-child with the face of a teenager. Any stupid reason you come up with to say I'm wrong, ironically, isn't valid, considering I can fully have my own opinion based off his previous performances.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I have a great argument. He is a man-child with the face of a teenager. Any stupid reason you come up with to say I'm wrong, ironically, isn't valid, considering I can fully have my own opinion based off his previous performances.

Your argument is petty to say the least, generic comic book reader rage.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#81  Edited By dernman

@imthedamnbatman: Dude chill out. I'm on the side that thinks he's a horrible choice and know it's fustrating when they dismiss your argument like it's not valid but you need to calm down. You're discrediting your own argument and are going to draw the attentions of the Mods.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imthedamnbatman: I can easily see Eisenburg becoming this type of Luthor.

While unexpected, the casting of Eisenberg is in fact a great idea for several reasons. First and foremost, Eisenberg is a terrific actor with a solid resume proving he can handle a wide variety of roles, including several in which he played geniuses with devilish schemes. He has the potential to be a very different sort of Lex Luthor that we’ve not seen before — someone younger, perhaps even portrayed as a bit younger than Superman, a boy-genius with billions inherited from his father and convinced of his own unique greatness who now faces the prospect of a man bigger, stronger, more unique and great than Luthor could ever hope to be. It’s not hard to imagine Eisenberg distilling the qualities of Luthor into a young man whose brilliant mind is matched only by his pettiness and cruelty. link

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 rogueshadow  Moderator

My father would literally be a better Lex. Actually, he basically is Lex Luthor.

ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I'm becoming one of those guys, huh? Well... I better stop before I make all opposers look like idiots. "Frustrating" is the right word.

VoodooPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By VoodooPenguin

Four reasons why Jesse Eisenberg should be Lex:

1. Baldness. I'm gonna come out and say it, I hope he's NOT bald in the film. In the first Superman film, Lex wasn't apparently bald, if I recall he wore a wig until the end. I want this to be Lex just up and coming (in the spotlight anyway, obviously he's been around awhile) thus, i want him to have hair. It would also make for a better plot if he goes bald later thanks to something Superman did, it would make him hate the alien all the more.

2. Muscles: Lex is a businessman, Lex is a genius, Lex is a philanthropist and Lex is a criminal mastermind. None of that requires him to be Hulk Hogan. Look at Michael Rosenbaum, look at Gene Hackman, look at Kevin Spacey, NONE of them were overly muscular, after all, Lex's brain is his most powerful weapon, not his brawn.

3. Age: Henry Cavill is 30, Jesse Eisenberg is..omg, 30!! They'll be more or less the same age, just like the comics. Just cause Jesse looks young, doesn't mean he's a 15 year old boy. We've already seen Lex old in every film role, having a young, cocky, brash Lex will fit having a young, brash, unsure of himself Superman, they parallels will be more interesting than "Old billionaire doesn't trust alien" plus, we might already be seeing that with Bruce Wayne.

4. Speech: Lex is a smooth talker, he's manipulative, clever and charming in a way, one doesn't have to have a low, deep voice to get that acroos. Jesse can be a fast talking, slick almost used car salesman type Lex. One who can get the public to rally behind him with his youth and charm, especially a public who has just been hurt by the damage done to Metropolis by to angry aliens. He can be the hero that Metropolis thinks it needs.

Plus, Jesse is used to being deceitful in his speeches.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Jesse can be a great Lex, if done right.

No Caption Provided

Long quote for truth.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A lot of the stuff I am seeing in this thread are silly arguments...bald...not bald...muscular...not muscular...all of the looks stuff doesn't matter Gene Hackman, and that guy from the adventures of Louis & Clark both made good to decent versions of Lex Luthor..... Jesse Eisenberg just flat out isn't that great of an actor....We're only going to see a repeat of performances he has already done in Now You See Me & The Social Network...we're he's an arrogant cocky, unlikable, prick...

The point of Luthor is that he is all of those things...but on the surface he can get the public and close friends to like him...which is why Luthor can accomplish so many crimes because without hardcore evidence any case in court will fall apart vs a handsome, white, powerful, very likable business man.

Eisenberg will have trouble being likable while also portraying a greedy, evil, mastermind....I have no trouble with going for a younger, more hip and modern Luthor... but on the surface Luthor has to be likable...Einsenberg in most of his performances he may do well...but his characters are hardly what I would say are actually likeable...More over he basically portrays the same character with a few different features each & every time...

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By ccraft
DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind seeing a non-bald Lex for the first movie, but then he should shave at the end of it, maybe for some form of experiment

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By mickey-mouse

@doctorxander: Yah like Hackman did...or like the first season of Louis & Clark was....he started out as a handsome man then went bald...

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really hope that the all the actors in this movie give an amazing performance for an amazing movie. Just cuz.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

First off, I think Jesse Eisenberg is a very talented actor and I enjoy a lot of his movies.

to understand my reasons you need to see Lex's character the way I see him (no that I see him better or worse then anyone else. The real reason that Lex hates Superman is that Lex has a superiority complex and all the aspects of his life are based around this.

Reason 1: Being Bald- Now I know some of you are saying, what does having hair or no hair matter to the character but Lex's baldness is a defining characteristic in why he has a superiority complex, when he was younger he felt inferior and embarrassed from his baldness and it is one of the defining reasons why he needs to make himself superior over everyone. Jesse would look terrible Bald.

Reason 2: Muscles- Lex has always been a very muscular guy and In many representations of Lex he is even shown as being more muscular the Superman (not stronger obviously). Lex makes himself extremely physically fit to help himself feel stronger and better then those around him. I cannot picture a ripped Jesse Eisenberg, it could be done, but It would feel weird to me.

Reason 3: Age- Lex should be an adult, he needs to be someone who owns a huge company, fought and done whatever he could to get rich and be an extremely successful businessman. Now I know that this could be done by a young adult as well ala Zuckerberg, but I feel he needs to be someone who has been rich for a while as to be trusted by many americans who will back against Superman, also I feel like someone who has just became rich could not dedicate their new life goal to destroying superman then someone who has been rich for a while and does not need to watch over their company as much any more

Reason 4: Speech- Lex has to be able to make loud boisterous speeches to the public, to superman as superman is almost defeated, hell he even became president. I don't think I could picture Jesse being loud or being on stage rallying an audience to vote for him or to join him against Superman. he would be the more cold calculating type who would quietly tell superman how he's defeated. Another version, but not how I picture Lex.

Once again I do like Jesse Eisenberg as an actor, and honestly, I think he could make a killer non goofy Riddler, or even a badass Calculator. But these are just my opnions, please be gentle.

1. He doesn't have to start of Bald. They could take a classic approach and Makes superman some how the reason for his baldness.

2. Christian Bale looked like a shrimp before his training for Batman Begins. This reason is invalid. Anyone can bulk up hell Cavill did and Gadot is doing it.

3. He's a actor acting and looking like someone else is his thing.

4. Maybe he has found a way to make his voice sound more powerful. he wouldn't be the first.

Overall all these reasons are kind of sad but I agree there were much better choices for Lex.

Gordyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This movie is going to suck, DC has officially shot themselves in the foot.

Avatar image for averageinsanity
AverageInsanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yooooo, did u guys not see the clip of Jesse as Lex Luther at slate.com? Did u not see the videos that the_stegman posted of Jesse in other movies!? He's gonna be a great Lex Luther.

Plus i dont think they are going with the whole "lex talking down to superman" that some of u are saying. i think they will have Lex use and manipulate Superman. Befriend him then stab him in the back.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

Uh huh. And nobody wanted heathe ledger as joker either. For goodness sakes can we watch the movie and THEN judge it?

How do you feel about Jonah Hill as Batman?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@dragonborn_ct said:

At this point, the Heath Ledger's argument feels more and more hollow...

This too. Every time an iffy casting decision comes about, people start casually name dropping Heath.

How about Chris Evans then?

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wolverine08 said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

At this point, the Heath Ledger's argument feels more and more hollow...

This too. Every time an iffy casting decision comes about, people start casually name dropping Heath.

How about Chris Evans then?

Name dropping Chris Evans is cool.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#97  Edited By Fallschirmjager

I don't really give a crap how someone looks. People who fancast only because of looks are laughable.

Looks can be changed. Weight can be gained and lost. Hair styles can be altered. Make up can be applied...the list goes on. Actors can be made to look younger and older.

And no one does it better than Hollywood at transforming people to look right in the role.

Complaining about physical traits like that is just beyond dumb.

I like Jesse. I think he's an awesome actor. I'm excited to see what happens.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Arguing about opinions is like getting caught masturbating by your mum. It's pointless, confusing and afterwards everybody just feels ashamed.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy:

That depends in a lot. Is the film a faithful adaptation of the comics? Or is the film an adaptation of the comics? Other than that I can't possibly know if it's good or not until I see it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#100  Edited By Wolverine008

Arguing about opinions is like getting caught masturbating by your mum. It's pointless, confusing and afterwards everybody just feels ashamed.

L

M

F

A

O