Forever Evil 1 SPOILERS for anyone interested

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By Lvenger

As I said, this topic deals in SPOILERS regarding the first issue of Forever Evil so for those wishing to discuss them, using the spoiler tags is advised to keep people who want to read the issue for themselves in the dark.

Now for the spoilers. A synopsis from http://www.craveonline.com/comics/reviews/563973-forever-evil-1-ding-dong-the-league-is-dead -

Forever Evil #1 kicks off the first stand-alone event book of the New 52 era, and it's a pretty cool start. We open with Lex Luthor being a particularly evil bastard to Thomas Kord of Kord Industries (Blue Beetle fans, take heed) in the attempt to acquire his business, when suddenly, the whole of Metropolis loses power and goes dark, causing Luthor's helicopter to crash. This is thanks to Grid, the Crime Syndicate version of Cyborg, who is sending the CS's claim through all technology simply saying "This World Is Ours."

Cut to Nightwing returning Mr. Zsasz to Arkham Asylum, in time to see Superwoman busting open its doors, and in time to get beaten down by Owlman and taken captive. Cut back to Ultraman storming into the Lexcorp building, much to Luthor's surprise, and breaking into his vault and grabbing his secret stash of Kryptonite, because he snorts it to make himself stronger. Cut to The Rogues trying to break The Trickster out of Iron Heights, only to be beaten to the punch by Quick and Atomica, who free everybody. Deathstorm and Power Ring bust into Belle Reve and free Black Manta and the rest of Waller's Suicide Squad. The Crime Syndicate rounds up all the world's villains and has them meet in Happy Harbor, Rhode Island, where the Justice League's Watchtower has been destroyed and discarded. They repeat their declaration, claim they've killed the Justice League, and offer the bad guys a piece of the world they now control as long as they behave and fall in line.

Then comes the kicker. As proof they mean business, they unmask Nightwing for all the world to see as Richard Grayson. Then they promise to hunt down everyone he cares about to murder them as an object lesson to any who would oppose them. So in essence, Bleeding Cool were right about what happens to Nightwing

Thoughts on the first issue of Forever Evil for those who have read it?

No Caption Provided

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

This sounds pretty epic.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

That does sound interesting. But it does make one wonder about the repercussions. Logically, the villains and general populous would probably be able to deduce the identities of the entire Bat-Family through discovering Nightwing to be Dick. Dick having been adopted by Bruce for a time, that is. I wonder how they will dig themselves out of this hole.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@supbatz said:

That does sound interesting. But it does make one wonder about the repercussions. Logically, the villains and general populous would probably be able to deduce the identities of the entire Bat-Family through discovering Nightwing to be Dick. Dick having been adopted by Bruce for a time, that is. I wonder how they will dig themselves out of this hole.

They could always say that Dick became Nightwing as part of Batman, Inc., which is publicly known to be funded by Bruce Wayne.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By Lvenger

And now I've found out that Ultraman is a Kryptonite junkie. Hilarious.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@supbatz said:

I highly doubt it. Batman has been doing things for years that only Bruce Wayne could possibly be able to afford, and they still can't figure it out.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By DEGRAAF

Damn i was hoping that wasn't going to happen.

I am curious how they are going to explain getting out of this unless he gives up his nightwing identity and becomes a new superhero

This will probably make him move out of Chicago also... I hope not though