Forbes: "Iron Man v Captain America trumps BvS"

• 96 results
LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

@lyrafay: you straight trolled Marvel after saying "why cant we all just get along". LOL! I luv this site.

Pointing out facts and criticism isn't trolling.

JoshuaDBr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By JoshuaDBr

I'm super excited hearing about Captain America vs Iron Man, but I have no doubt that Batman v Superman will do far better even if the Marvel film is a better one.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

@69ball-z-deep: That's just my name... I like DC more, but I'm not biased towards them. Did you read my 2 cents? Half the post was praising Marvel, half the post was praising DC. I just don't think Cap 3 can gross more. If BvS was going against Avengers 3, then I'd say Avengers would gross more.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lyrafay: their was no facts in your comment. just bias opinion. CLOSET TROLL!! u and eyeDCyou crawled from under the same rock. lol

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

@lyrafay: their was no facts in your comment. just bias opinion. CLOSET TROLL!! u and eyeDCyou crawled from under the same rock. lol

I told myself I was never going to get into another argument with you... I need to stick with that. Have fun doing whatever it is you do.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's see, iron man's last movie made more than Batmans, and Cap's last movie made more than Superman's....

Gee, this is a tough one....

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh drat. I came here looking for some Quicksilver.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Uh, I don't see why we care so much? We aren't getting any of the money.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Uh, I don't see why we care so much? We aren't getting any of the money.

cuz my favorite companie is gonna beat yor companie LOLZ!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll reserve my judgment until Marvel/Disney releases an official statement. Because until they start marketing it as "Cap vs Iron Man", I don't see it out-grossing Dawn of Justice.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

BvS will make more unless it's terrible. Iron Man's addition will tighten the gap though. I don't think Iron Man or Captain America have the Icon Status that BvS do, and Cap onscreen with Iron Man doesn't have the novelty value that it's a brand new thing, we've never seen Batman and Superman on the big screen before, this a film many people have wanted to see since they were four years old. These aren't my personal views, I like one more than the other on any given Sunday. Avengers 2 will give it a run for its money though.

Also, where has it been said that they will be fighting in this film? We aren't going to see Civil War in one film, more like it will lay the seeds of the conflict. I actually expect Tony Stark to take on a Nick Fury style role as the new head of S.H.I.E.L.D., sending Cap on missions with his 'Secret Avengers'.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Movie that doesn't exist is better than movie that isn't released. WTF is this s***.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing to consider is BvS is going to get the benefit of Arkham Knight hype as well.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

the DC crew is HATIN all over the internet. Marvels done went and rustled some jimmies big time with this Civil War and IM v CA news. their praying its not true! lol

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't think of an intelligent response? I think BvS will gross more than Cap 3, even if Cap was advertised as Iron Man vs Captain America, but it's not that unrealistic. A lot of different factors play into this which is why my prediction is BvS will gross more, but simply looking at numbers Captain America's last movie gross + Iron Mans last Movie gross = $1.92b that's way more than Batman's last movie gross + Superman's last movie gross= $1.75b. that's a difference of $170,000,000.

Batman's last movie didn't have 3D and was affected by the shooting, WB even stopped promoting it overseas, also ticket price inflation. MoS wasn't a sequel and it faced more competition in the next weekends than Cap 2 and still it only made 45 mils less than Cap 2. Cap 3 has a chance of beating BvS but I don't think it will, one of the reasons is even though Iron Man will be in it, it's not his movie, he's a supporting character in the movie and Cap is still the lead in the movie, it going to be called Captain America 3 and not CA vs. Iron Man. Now BvS has two leads, Batman and Superman and this is the first time they are going to be on the big screen together, also this will be the first live action movie appearance of WW. Also this doesn't sound like Cap vs IM movie but more like the start of Cap vs. IM (I'm sure they'll annouce villain for Cap 3 soon).

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#73 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@69ball-z-deep: Hi there. Please don't throw insults around - as someone has already pointed out, disagreeing isn't trolling, and many users take exception to false accusations of being a troll.

@the_kidd: No biggie but please be careful with images like the one I just removed, swearing via images is still swearing, and is still against site rules. Thanks.

@matthewparker: Please be aware that quoting posts which contain swearing can be construed as breaking the rules. Probably better to flag and move on or reference the post without quoting in future. Cheers :)

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@bumpyboo: oops! Sorry! Definitely won't happen again!

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both films have nothing to worry about at the box office no matter when they release. Both will produce massive numbers without regard to how good they are or not. Any sort of reviews, good or bad, will make no difference.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Gracetrack

It doesn't matter if Cap 3 grosses more, and it doesn't matter if it grosses less. I'm sure it will be a fine movie, but BvS will always trump it in my eyes simply for the fact that it has Batman and Superman together on the silver screen for the first time. And it will most assuredly be (at the very least) a good popcorn flick, even if the narrative and acting end up being mediocre. If the narrative and acting end up being good, all the better.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Movie that doesn't exist is better than movie that isn't released. WTF is this s***.

Yes. Overall topic is Hypothetical BS 101.

@skit said:

One thing to consider is BvS is going to get the benefit of Arkham Knight hype as well.

Video Game Nerds Do Not = General Audience

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#80  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator
Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#81  Edited By Superguy1591

They're not wrong. Iron Man 3 outpaced TDK and TDKR and Marvel made Captain America more relatable than WB made Supes in MoS.

Plus, Marvel will treat Iron Man and Captain America fairly while DC is going to crap all over Superman. I guarantee you that no real Superman fans watches BvS more than once, which then leaves it as Batman vs. a 2 billion dollar franchise.

I know I'm looking forward to Cap 3 over BvS.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: You underestimate how big the video game industry is. There's a reason why they're making an AC movie.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83  Edited By Superguy1591

Iron Man = 1.2 billion + Cap 2 = 800M = 2 billion/2 franchises = 1B potential earning.

TDKR = 1.1 billion + MoS = 700M = 1.8 billion - 300M from Superman fans who the movie will put off = 1.5 billion/2 = 750M potential intake.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@maccyd said:

@lukehero: You underestimate how big the video game industry is. There's a reason why they're making an AC movie.

Not really, as far as video game nerd goes, he is going to see Batman vs Superman regardless of some game coming out that has nothing to do with the movie besides having the 1 same name character. Overall he would go see Batman vs Superman anyhow, it's giving it any sort of boost.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ChillxPill

Captain America vs Batman would better but because Batman can't compete with Cap. it would be a waste of the MCUs time.

ChillxPill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BvS should be awesome though.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why can't we all just enjoy the movies?

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, its just one writers opinion based on the past. Nothing ground breaking in that article. He just thinks it'll make more money cause robert downey jr is in it. His words not mine. Shoulder shrugs. Nothing to see her folks.

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By 69ball-z-deep

@comicuser: lol. he said a hellava lot more than RDJ FTW! LOL.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Didn't DC say they're going to spend 2 billion a year marketing these movies?

That's insanity.

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicuser: lol. he said a hellava lot more than RDJ FTW! LOL.

not really. he just went off past revenue and robert downey junior. thats it. he based his opinion that it might do better that BvS on that. lol. not that i expected this to be a well thought out article based on research and scientific calculations but still. pretty shoddy work. I thought because it was on forbes it might have more substance. instead i read an article worthy of tmz or any other crappy site like that.

no worries though. because its not like his opinion matters. He's not Mrs. Chleo. lol

69ball-z-deep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicuser: lol! think u could write up a better article proving your point. post it in gen. discussion. im waiting. lol

Comicuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@69ball-z-deep: i could. If i wanted to, which i dont.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By MakkyD

@comicuser: The article provides a lot more points than that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman and superman are the two biggest superheroes ever

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By MakkyD

@silverpool: You sure that correct? Considering there's 2 films a year, they'd have to make a billion each, which is extremely unlikely. (If I remember only Iron man 3 and avengers passed the billion mark for MCU)

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SilverPool

@maccyd said:

@silverpool: You sure that correct? Considering there's 2 films a year, they'd have to make a billion each, which is extremely unlikely. (If I remember only Iron man 3 and avengers passed the billion mark for MCU)

I heard it from John Campea at AMC Movie talk. I don't see how it's true either.