For those that have seen Age of Ultron - How was it?

• 72 results
ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll For those that have seen Age of Ultron - How was it? (99 votes)

1 - Terrible 7%
2 - Expected a much better movie 6%
3 - Was decent could have been better could have been worse 33%
4 - Lived up to my expectations, very solid movie 29%
5 - Amazing movie, the best in the MCU so far 22%

Be honest and unbiased as possible please. I usually hate looking at reviews before going to see a movie because it influences my thoughts on the movie. But my hype level for this movie has made me too anxious to wait. The reviews have been pretty mixed, Rotten Tomatoes has it at 80% currently, but that is critic score. No fan score is available yet so I am asking you guys. Did it live up to the hype?

• 
TheGrandSage23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheGrandSage23

Wouldn't an 80 or above mean certified fresh on RT? Making the reviews positive for the majority? I'm not sure how that works. I usually don't agree with Rotten Tomatoes anyway.

My honest opinion was that it IS better than the Avengers in certain areas(Villain/character depth/action) the humor and more dark atmosphere mixed well. However I don't think its the best Marvel film

The story stumbled in the middle part of the film. The movie was also supposed to use the plot to deal with Civil War yet failed on that. The Avengers(2012) held the plot together for the majority

The romance between Widow and Hulk wasn't well executed imo

Hawkeye was arguably one of the shining moments of the movie. Vision was awesome as were Pietro and Wanda. Ultron was amazing and liked his tradition from pure robot to semi humanized. If there was ever an Oscar for voice action Spader should have one

8.5/10

I_Am_Lightning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best MCU movie IMO.

It's a 9.5/10.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrandsage23: thanks for the review and yes that is fresh, and i guess i am getting greedy considering the past scores for other MCU movies

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damnit i cant wait to see it. Im going to watch it on the 30th.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Don´t make these kind of things a poll, there are a lot of DC fanboys who vote on the lowest rating.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@thor_parker82: I can say the same with the marvel fanboys.

4/5 at its best. Its enjoyable, it has flaws but the action can make up with that.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Just_Banter

7-8/10

Bladewolf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible, Ultron was weak, Hulk was nerfed, the whole movie sucked

Void-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parallel: Empire Strikes Back.

Yeah.

That's all I'm saying.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Watching it today. My expectations are low so I might enjoy it

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

It was alright.

7/10

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don´t make these kind of things a poll, there are a lot of DC fanboys who vote on the lowest rating.

Yeah, man. Agreed.

Be honest and unbiased as possible please. I usually hate looking at reviews before going to see a movie because it influences my thoughts on the movie. But my hype level for this movie has made me too anxious to wait. The reviews have been pretty mixed, Rotten Tomatoes has it at 80% currently, but that is critic score. No fan score is available yet so I am asking you guys. Did it live up to the hype?

Did it live up to the hype? Nope.

It's not a game changer, it's not amazing; it's a pretty good movie that's hampered by an incoherent story, but still solid.

- TAS

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible, Ultron was weak, Hulk was nerfed, the whole movie sucked

As an avengers movie?

Um, yeah; you can definitely say there were suckish parts.

- TAS

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1: Captain America TWS

2: Guardians Of The Galaxy

3: Ironman/Avenger AOU

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FearTheLiving

I thought it was pretty amazing I'll have to see it again though to fully grasp it, but first viewing it was pretty awesome.

• Hawkeye - I wish he did more though being a Hawkeye fan I always want him to do more. That being said he still had some cool showings and acted a lot more like 616 Clint, there is still that blend with Ultimate Clint but it's a lot better this time around.
  • Ultron - I felt they captured both the menacing serious side of Ultron comic fans know and the new sarcastic Tony Stark elements added for the MCU perfectly. (The trailers show most of the snark the rest is business)
  • Klaw - He was pretty awesome Andy Serkis brought him to life and I can't wait to see more of him. (Hopefully Black Panther) He wasn't in it a lot but I thought it was worth mentioning.
  • Avengers - The rest of the team all had their moments to shine and play off of each other. People were saying Thor's vision was weak but I think it sets up where he's going and helped point out the greater concern in this movie.
  • Guests - As you may have heard there are surprise guests (Rhodey in the trailer) they were handled wonderfully didn't come off forced but they weren't the focus.
  • Agents of SHIELD - I'll tell you right now the show is setting up something that does appear in the movie. If you don't watch the series you probably won't even know what I'm referring to, but people who do will notice a little something near the end. It's kinda of small or big depending on how you look at it.

As of now I'm not quite sure how I'd rank it. I will say Avengers is my favorite CBM and right now I'm feeling it pretty much did everything better than the first so that's a pretty good sign. Though like I said I wanna watch it one more time to really absorb everything.

Oh there is one thing I was disappointed by they didn't mention Betty at all which is kind of stupid because it makes me feel like they're gonna completely ignore that movie.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It falls short of GOG, Avengers and the Winter soldier

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It felt weaker than the first and had some parts that felt out of place (Black Hulk ship). However it was still very enjoyable.

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'll get back to this after I've seen it this evening...

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I liked it

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I can say the same with the marvel fanboys.

4/5 at its best. Its enjoyable, it has flaws but the action can make up with that.

Yeah, of course man, I never said they didn´t, they do, that´s why it´s not good to make these things a poll.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ImMadNice
flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultron came off as frightening in the beginning,as the movie went on he didnt feel like a threat anymore. He just felt like another wasted Marvel villian too me. I really expected more the movie was 7/10

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i haven't seen it yet but im just gonna rate cus i wanna.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

It was completely uninteresting. The Black Widow/Hulk romance was THE worst. I spent the whole movie not caring about what was happening on the screen.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: does he get a lot of screen time?

He got alot of screen time,but I kinda had high expectations for this movie. At the end I couldn't really take Ultron seriously as a villian,they kinda overused the whole "one-liners" and "wise-cracking" in this movie But I liked QuickSilver the most.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderskaar: you just ruined the whole integrity of this poll :'(

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed it.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AWESOME

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AwesomePerson

I really like it!

IMO, better than the first one

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm watching it now through not so legal means, cause I can't wait til May 1st. So far, it's pretty good.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_stegman  Moderator

@ultrastarkiller: It's fine, but I recommend waiting for the release, I'm only watching it cause I'm a weak man.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have read A LOT of reviews on the movie and most of them praise James Spader as Ultron, they said he stole every scene he was in and was a very menacing villain. These complaints that he was too snarky, I can understand them, but all of you should have expected that, that´s the tone the MCU established and since it has worked for them, I doubt they are changing it, even in those reviews I read, they said that Ultron was way too snarky, but other than that he was a brilliant villain. All of you need to look past the snarky lines and judge how threatening and developed he was, which according to a lot of reviews, he was an amazing villain.

If any of you are interested in those reviews just tell me and I´ll post them here.

lemurboy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: I couldn't agree more, even with all the talk of his cheesy one-liners from clips etc i had some optimism, especially from his first scene where he first 'wakes up' and becomes self-aware.
I felt he had a good mix of being kind of quirky and menacing, but that slowly deteriorated, which is a real shame.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

It's an ok film but it's not great. I hated Ultron (he's basically evil Tony Stark with all the snark) the Twins may as well have not been in the movie (they have like 5 lines between them) and there was a TON of wasted potential with Tony Stark and his actions. However Hawkeye get's a pretty good showing and some need character development.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was really good, on par with the 1st, didn't have a bunch of Easter eggs or cameos as people thought it would. Every character played a big role, but Vision didn't feel right for some reason.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_stegman  Moderator

@jonny_anonymous: Agreed. I feel like Marvel.only put the Twins there because they could.

And Ultron just felt..boring.

ImMadNice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@immadnice: Yeah, they are all spoiler free, give me a minute to look for them.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews

- Yes, the Avengers Age of Ultron is a dream come true. This is exactly the sequel to a great film that we have been dreaming about. It's superb on every single level. It honestly has no real flaws that I could see. How great does a movie have to be given the inherent difficulties in making a film like this in the first place? Writer/director Joss Whedon did an admirable job of balancing the screen time of the sprawling and expanding cast.

As for the new characters, I loved what they did with The Vision and how they did it. The Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver — aka, Pietro and Wanda Maximoff are amazing as well. Wanda's psychic powers are much more complicated and empathetic then I expected them to be. What I love about Wanda is that she physically goes through emotional trauma when she uses certain powers and we as the audience go with her on that emotional journey. Like just about everything this film, that really packs a punch.

Marvel's done a great of making its superhero movies about the title characters more than the villains. In both team films now, the bad guy has stepped up and been phenomenal. Both films delivered true treats. This movie actually tops the first in scope and drama and that's in no small part to a superb villain. I feel that Ultron tops any bad guy since Darth Vader himself. His presence, manipulation and motivation leads to the best action sequences ever put to film. It also leads to an intriguing story and remarkable performances as this fine cast is allowed to flex their emotional muscles as well as their superhero muscles.

I can say without hesitation that movies just don't get better than this one sequel or otherwise.

- Avengers age of Ultron is by far the best Marvel movie to date. It has all the elements of the first movie, but steps it up in the action, character and dialog. I went into this movie with very unrealistically high expectations. So when I saw this movie, I was very worried but excited.

All the cast from the previous Avengers movie all reprise their roles. Robert Downey Juinor was amazing as Ironman. Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth were both great as Captain America and the mighty Thor. Scarlett Johanson was brilliant as Black Widow and was even more bad-ass in this movie, than any of her other films. Her role was substantially bigger this time around. This can also be said about Hawkeye, who's role was way bigger in this movie. In fact, Hawkeye even has some of the best lines and the best action sequences. Mark ruffilo was once again amazing as Hulk and Bruce Banner. The one character that stole the show, would be James Spader. He embodies an evil AI robot perfectly. He can be really calm and yet menacing and sometimes he can be full of rage and anger. Aron Taylor Johnson and Elisibeth Olsin are also a great new edition to the marvel universe. The scarlet Witch character has a big part in the film also.

The action has been dialed up and the set pieces are bigger and better. The cgi can seem a little off at times, but other than that, it looks fantastic.

The movie also spends time on the relationships and past of some characters, which leads to some great character moments. This is much more emotional, than the first movie. I would defiantly say that this movie is better than the first Avengers Movie!

- The humor, angst and drama are remarkable for a superhero film. In fact, most will consider them remarkable for any type of movie. I can't think of a weak moment in the film, as it is strong from beginning to end.

Anyone doubting that this entire cast (new and old) couldn't work well together or that characters would be cheated out of screen time need not worry. EVERYONE gets to shine. Downey as well as Evans are Oscar caliber good in this movie. (Setting up what has to be an amazing next installment in "Civil War") All the performances are straight to the point perfect. Hulk is again perfect in his CG transformation and Spader's Ultron uses his wonderful voice and mannerisms to perfection. Each new character is exquisitely cast and the old school guard has never been better. That includes RDJ as Tony Stark. We all loved what we've seen before from him and this evolution of Stark is even more intriguing. Elizabeth Olsen gives one of the best new character portrayals in recent years. People are going to want to see a LOT more of her Scarlet Witch in the future. Also, Jeremy Renner is finally given Hawkeye material worthy of his abilities and worthy of the character itself. He truly does steal more than one scene and has some of the best one-liners imaginable.

This easily fulfilled and the exceeded all of my expectations. I can't wait to see where they branch the Avengers team and concept from this point forward. There are so many great possibilities. This really is everything anyone would want in a movie. It delivers everything I had hoped to see and quite a bit that I didn't even think possible.

- Let's just get straight to point here, Avengers Age of Ultron is the best marvel movie to date. You can make a strong argument for it being the best superhero movie of all time. Yes it's really that good.

The plot line was very intriguing. It was far from the cliché superhero story. The script was funny and very witty. Joss Whedon did a wonderful job, it's a shame that he won't be directing the next 2 avengers films. The only upside is that he will be still there as a producer for phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. This story really sets up phase 3 and one of the most anticipated movies of 2016, Captain America: Civil War. My one regret in terms of the story is that it could be slightly longer, even though the entire film ran smoothly. I would have still liked to see more of the movie, I guess we will have to wait for the DVD release to see some extra scenes.

All the actors, unsurprisingly, played their roles superbly. Robert Downey jr again played the genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, which we all love. This performance just adds to the argument that he is Iron Man. Chris Evan always brings a sense of honesty and heart to the role of Captain America. Scarlet Johansson again showed us that a male isn't the only one who can be a badass that young boys look up to. Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L Jackson, Jeremy Renner, Cobie Smulders, Paul Bettany, Don Cheadle and Anthony Mackie all reprised their roles wonderfully and each one of them added an extra dimension to their character. The newcomers Thomas Kretschmann, Andy Serkis, Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson were all great additions to the already extremely talented and lively cast. However the newcomer that stole the show was clearly James Spader. His intimidating robotic voice really brought the character to life and added sense of realism, in an otherwise unbelievable character. He brought our future fears (from terminator) of an AI trying to wipe out humanity. Marvel are not known for their memorable super villains, in fact they're known for the opposite of this, but this villain is up there with Loki, Ultron is one of the more terrifying and surprisingly relatable/understandable villains in the MCU. The cast really gel well as a unit and you'll be thinking that these actors grew up with each other, after you've seen the movie. The chemistry between everyone holds the film together.

The action in the movie, let's just make this quick, was mind blowing. For anyone who's seen the trailers, you will already know that the action shown was amazing. For any of you that think that they've showed too much or every action piece, from the movie, in the trailers, you couldn't be more wrong. When you watch the movie you'll notice that the action scenes are orchestrated beautifully and that every character has upped their game since the last time we saw them on screen, especially Captain America. This is a big budget movie and this is clearly shown in the stunts and the action sequences. The movie was shot all over the world this time and that helps to show that these group of people don't just fight for one nation but the world. The locations were beautiful and i will always prefer a real natural set over a green screen.

This movie was a fantastic treat to watch and it's really a shame that this movie wasn't longer, so that we could all enjoy it for 20-30 minutes more. I had high expectations coming into the theatre and when I left, I was more than satisfied. This movie will be enjoyed by people of all ages, it's got cool action for the kids and the plot is more than interesting enough to hold the attention of the adults. This movie delivers on all levels and can be considered as one of the best, if not the best movie of all time. It's clearly the best movie in the past few years. P.S. Stay for after the movie ends for a treat for phase 3.

- Tony Stark wants to invent something that benefits mankind but instead turns out to be the one responsible for the creation of this dangerous self thinking robot, Ultron. The Avengers must assemble once again to fight this menace that wants to kill all the humans on this planet. But Ultron is powerful and the way he is presented makes you wonder how our heroes can defeat him. Just you wait and see...

What I liked best about Age of Ultron was the fact that all our favorite heroes get equal screen time to show of what they can do. Although the action scenes are great (Iron Man in the Hulkbuster versus Hulk!) the thing that really makes this movie work is the interaction between all the people involved. Stark and Banner, Banner and Black Widow, Hawkeye and Black Widow, Thor and Captain America... like in real life you can see with whom each of them get along best. It's also nice to see that Hawkeye gets a lot of screen time. He even gets the most interesting background story of the bunch. Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch make a great addition to the team (sort of) and there are a lot more cameos in the movie (although I don't think anybody spotted Lou Ferrigno!).

The movie runs about two and a half hours and that's pretty long. It could have been a little bit shorter, but overall I didn't mind. With great action scenes (pay attention to the opening action sequence in which he introduces the Avengers in one mighty shot!), nice humor, a lot of cameos and a satisfying finale writer/director Joss Whedon has everything under control and that pays of.

This year (2015) The Avengers Age of Ultron will shatter all box office records and that will be a fitting reward for giving most Marvel fans and 'normal' moviegoers this big treat. Even Pixar slipped (with Cars 2 and Brave) so everybody's waiting for Marvel to produce a real stinker. Although that day may come, The Avengers part 2 is not the movie that will be responsible for do that!

- I just want to get to the point, this movie is outstanding. This will most likely be the biggest movie of 2015. This is a great movie for those enjoy who action, suspense, and awe worthy moments. This was unbelievably better then the first and I had my doubts but of course Marvel blew me away. I can not even think of one bad thing to say honestly, Marvel knows what to do and how do to do it. If you are a Marvel fan you need to see this movie. I will admit I was a bit upset when I found out Loki/ Tom Hiddleston would not be in this one but Ultorn delivered an amazing performance as well. Get your tickets and get your friends, family, or both because you are in for a huge surprise.

- Soon after the first Avengers film was released, I could not wait for a sequel, and finally it's here, and it's all I could have hoped for. They're back with a few new additions, and finally a worthy(my favorite villain in the comics) foe, Ultron an AI bent on destroying humanity, at the same time putting the team in despair.

I'll start with some of the nitpicks. This is very rare, but I think Age of Ultron could have used an extra 10-15 minutes. Whedon in an interview stated he cut out some back story for the twins, which I think was a mistake, I wasn't particularly fond of them in the beginning, but as the film progressed they grew on me a lot. This time around Whedon brings a butt-load of action, and better action I might add, but while in the first film there were moments that lasted too long to take a breather from the action, in Age of Ultron he doesn't allow us a moment to catch our breath too often, very sporadically.

But, he finds away to keep things interesting. Barely shorter than the first film, it's still a long film regardless and it does not feel like it. This time around Whedon allows The Avengers to be The Avengers. They're together a lot more and their dynamic and relationship is a joy to watch. The original six, Downey Jr., Evans, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, Johansson, and Renner are all fantastic. Johansson's Black Widow and Renner's Hawkeye in particular have quite an impressive arc in this film and an argument can be made that Hawkeye is the main character, there's also a brilliant, fun tongue in cheek moment he has with Scarlet Witch. Also he got the best lines in the film aside from James Spader who by the way is an excellent villain. Ultron in this film has a personality. He is a scene stealer and commands the screen every time he's in it. I'd also like to mention that Samuel L. Jackson and Cobie Smulders serve their roles well, but in a populated film like this they're roles are obviously reduced a bit, and to my surprise Don Cheadle's War Machine finally gets some action.

The new additions Elizabeth Olsen, Aaron Johnson, and Paul Bettany are solid and only bring extra flare into the film's ingredients. Scarlet Witch is quite well realized, a little more than Quicksilver I might I add, and she is fun to watch and causes some inner damage to the team. Speaking of Quicksilver, Whedon wisely tries not to match or outdo the X-Men Quicksilver, and in doing so he's more grounded and a little more developed than Singer's, who just used him for an impressive sequence. Paul Bettany's Vision is also another scene stealer. He was incredible in the film, and as a last minute surprise he does not disappoint. Vision is arguably one of my favorite characters growing up and Whedon works him into the film the way I'd hope it be. Kudos to Whedon.

I mentioned the action before in my nitpicks, but the action here is top notch and Whedon finds a way to keep you focused. A lot of teamwork is involved in almost every action set piece and you feel what's at stake as the team also takes cue to actually save civilians. It's just a fireworks of action displayed on screen and the scale of it is so very impressive. Hulkbuster vs Hulk in particular is a standout sequence, as does everything that has to do with Vision. But aside from the action, Whedon manages to juggle every single character and somehow make them as relevant as they can be, some obviously more than others, but it's just amazing to see it all unfold. He understands these characters as the heavy moments work well and he never forgets the heroes' humanity. There are also hints to films in the future, but they don't saturate the main plot, but enough to keep you aware.

Thanks to Kevin Feige and his crew, the MCU has come so far since the first Iron Man in 2008, and Joss Whedon had an incredible challenge to make a sequel to the first film. I think one can argue that the novelty wore off a bit because in the first film, it was something that was never been seen before and as it was released it was, and I use the term "done already," and going into this sequel, it won't be able to recapture that magic of the first because "it's been done already."

I know I sound like I'm fanboying, and that's because I am(no apologizes), but if you overlook all that, the film is as good as it gets. It's almost impossible to make a movie like this and not have it feel repetitive. Not to mention, it's impossible to have so many characters and have a completely satisfying characterization for all of them, and I think in the hands of another filmmaker who not only writes, but also directs would more or less likely fail.

I gave the first film a 10/10, even with it's flaws, because of the sheer experience I had watching it. No film is ever perfect but it's more so that it entranced me to the point where I forget about everything else and I'm completely consumed by the film. I can tell you that in Age of Ultron I relived the same experience as I did with the first, even with some issues.

Ultimately Age of Ultron is a different film and in end that's why it works. We have truly been spoiled by the MCU. I think the Russo's and the writing team of Markus and McFeely are the prefect candidates to take over the glorious Avenger films, and no end-credits stinger, but stick around for the mid-credit scene. It's so good.

10/10

- First of all, marvel did it again a very nice job ! Thank you marvel ! This movie blow my mind. Even though there is quite a lot of talking, but the action and the special effect really amaze me ! Love the iron man fighting with the hulk, truly spectacular !

Very love the team spirit to fight off against the huge army enemy! Of course there is funny moments too ! There is no dull moment throughout the movie! Super exceed the part 1

I don't wish to say too much of this movie, anyway i gave this movie a big full10 out of 10 ! Hopefully there will be another sequel part 3 ! Oh and don't wait further, go watch inside the movie theater and it is worth the money !

Bladewolf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of you need to look past the snarky lines and judge how threatening and developed he was

Thats the problem, he represent zero danger to the Avengers, Whedon writing just sucks, i mean, when the saturday morning cartoon version of ultron is more effective and menacing than the movie one you got a problem, Ultron sucked just like most MCU bad guys.

With Zod i felt ''man this guy is gonna go on Kid Miracleman mode if Clark doesnt stop him'', with Ultron i was like '' blah, this dumb robot should just shut up, be a villain not some snarky idiot''

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bladewolf2: Read the reviews I posted above, a lot of them mentioned how threatening and an amazing villain Ultron was. This problem people have with Ultron is basically the same "problem" people have with the MCU, that they use way too much comedy, and I agree, but you should already expect that. People are complaining because he was too human, but I don´t mind as long as he is threatening and well developed. Ultron is my second favorite villain in comics and I have read pretty much every storyline involving him, and I don´t have a problem with Whedon changing some aspects of him for the movie as long as it works, and I think it does given the tone the MCU has established in its movies.

The reviews above are from people from IMDB, and I suppose most of them don´t read comics and just judge the movie on how it was instead of comparing it to the comics, and judging it that way, most of them agreed Ultron was a great villain.

TheGrandSage23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheGrandSage23

@thor_parker82: don't bother with him. Most of his comments are either trash talking or insulting Marvel in different ways

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gjgp27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Seriously? You trust the most brain dead reviews with stuff like "osum!!! 10/10!!", but say that reviews which crap on the movie and still give it a 7/10 are "too harsh"?