jzichek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jzichek

Hi All,

My name is Jared Zichek and I'm both a 3D artist and a big fan of Golden Age comics. I recently sculpted a figurine of an offbeat character called Stardust the Super Wizard, originally created by Fletcher Hanks. I've just launched a Kickstarter campaign at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/441047786/fletcher-hanks-stardust-the-super-wizard-figurine to finance a limited production run of the figure for fans of Hanks and his weird creation. Hanks' bizarre body of work has been collected in two excellent books edited by Paul Karasik, I Shall Destroy All the Civilized Planets! and You Shall Die By Your Own Evil Creation!, both published by Fantagraphics. This video gives some background on the project:

The figure is sculpted at 1/21 scale, the same scale as the Marvel and DC figurines produced by Eaglemoss of England. The figure stands 4.45" (11.3 cm) tall including the base; it is equivalent to an Eaglemoss "Special" due to its above average size. The production figurine will be made of white metal and hand-painted; cost is $25 plus shipping for a single figurine. Backers should receive their figure by March/April 2013. The campaign ends Friday, December 14 at 12:54 am. If the project is successful, I hope to sculpt further public domain characters from the Golden Age of Comics and create an ongoing collection celebrating these colorful mystery men. If this sounds like something that may interest you, please check it out!

Best Regards,

Jared Zichek