Flashpoint- Holy wallet eating event Batman!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

so i just saw the list of tie ins that Dc released for the summer Flashpoint event, and i just want to ask people who probably know more about it than me, is it all needed? do i need to buy every single issue to completely understand Flashpoint? i know they're called tie ins, but are they really necessary? does anyone know more about this event? cause i'm willing to buy them all, but if they all aren't needed, then i thought i'd do myself, and my wallet a favor and skip out on some

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'm not reading Flashpoint, but I challenge you: find me a comic event that isn't wallet eating.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@JediXMan: ha that's true, but i'm comparing it to the latest event Blackest Night/Brightest Day you JUST had to read those titles, without any of the tie ends (Blackest Night Batman/ Blackest Night Teen Titans etc) i was wondering would this be the same or do i HAVE to read them all..cause serious this is getting ridiculous 
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@The Stegman:

I really don't know if you have to. I just know that there are certain events in which I care and others where I don't. I cared and picked up all of the Blackest Night tie-ins (minus JLA).
Avatar image for craig_lovecraft
Craig Lovecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Craig Lovecraft

I think there're around like 45 total issues with all the tie in books. It wouldn't be so bad if some of those were ongoing titles such as Batman, Superman, etc, but the only ongoing title involved with Flashpoint is Booster Gold. The rest are all 3 issue minis and one-shots. I don't know how DC would expect people to buy their regular titles and then shell out enough money for 45 extra books over a 5 month period.