Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6184 posts) 11 months, 4 days ago

Poll: Flashpoint comic or Movie (55 votes)

Movie 53%
Comic 44%

I think the movie was better. The Movie was more to the point and the conversations felt more natural IMO. The comic was great but the conversations were too drawn out, and the action was short but still stunning. The movie was better IMO. What do you think?

#1 Posted by TheCannon (18791 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were great.

I'll vote comic, simply because I hated the animation in the movie.

#2 Edited by BlackWind (6375 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like either.

#3 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8011 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by Pr0metheus (5162 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie

#5 Posted by jwalser3 (5029 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are good IMO.

#6 Posted by QueenCorp15 (1034 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt really like comic but the movie wasnt that bad even tho i thought the animation sucked

#7 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I'll go with the movie... tough choice.

#8 Posted by HumanRocket (8190 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie. I've seen it so many times its really well made like many of the DC animated films.

#9 Posted by RetconCrisis (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie.

#10 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Movie

#11 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic gave me more feels for the ending than the movie.

#12 Edited by dondave (37553 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11626 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by batmannflash (6222 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked both, but I kinda like the comic better.

#15 Posted by spidermonkey2099 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked the movie, and, in the comics, I really liked the main story Flashpoint comics (by Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert), Azzarello's Batman tie-in, and Project Superman by Scott Snyder. Most of the other tie-ins that I read really weren't that good, so I voted movie. The movie was just more cohesive and better overall.

#16 Edited by Deadgod (1444 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked movie more

#17 Posted by BraveKnight99 (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Both were great.

I'll vote comic, simply because I hated the animation in the movie.

What he said.

#18 Posted by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie, because of the beginning with young Barry.

#19 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3143 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the movie yet........I heard it was good though

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (12772 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by HeckTate (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

The comics are definitely more extensive, especially if you include the tie-ins, but the movie is very well done, they cover a lot of the story in a limited time. Gotta go with movie.

#22 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21878 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate how the movie had Batman shoot Thawne in the head, the comic was better when he stabbed him.

#23 Posted by Pokeysteve (8304 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic. The movie excluded the scene at the end where Barry confesses everything to his mom which was easily my favorite scene. Then if you add in the tie-in comics you get that amazing Batman arc and I really liked Booster's tie-in too.

#24 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20257 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic was the far superior. I didn't really like the animation style of Flashpoint: Paradox, and Zoom just wasn't the same.

#25 Posted by JwwProd (9508 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked both but the movie was a bit more WOW!

#26 Posted by Alak (926 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the movie more since it was more cohesive. The comics were a hit-or-miss for me. Sure, the animation had its unique style, but I certainly didn't mind as long as it was consistent. I considered it to be an artistic spin on the piece and it certainly did not detract from its entertainment value.

#27 Posted by gor724 (827 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost mirror of each-other. The movie had more action, so the movie

#28 Edited by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

no plastic man , no abin sur as a GL still, no outsider . the movie loses many points

i go with comic ;)

#29 Posted by The Stegman (24460 posts) - - Show Bio

@soa said:

no plastic man , no abin sur as a GL still, no outsider . the movie loses many points

i go with comic ;)

Everyone keeps taking away points from the movie because it doesn't have as much detail as the tie ins, do you have any idea how long it would be if it included all the tie ins?? It stuck to the main Flashpoint story, and did a fantastic job of it.

Plus, I've always thought this opening should be what they use for a live action Flash movie

#30 Edited by Super_Phil (117 posts) - - Show Bio

comic, but they are basically the same. I went for comic because I prefer comics and wanted to go with the source material. However the film is good because might be more accessible and any action sequences are better in the film than the comic.

#31 Posted by Ostyo (7934 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, a lot of people hate the animation style for some reason.

#32 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20257 posts) - - Show Bio

@ostyo said:

Man, a lot of people hate the animation style for some reason.

Professor Zoom looked really weird. I don't ever remember him having a chin that massive. Same goes for Batman.

#33 Posted by w0nd (3433 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked the "didn't any one ever tell you not to stop moving during a war" line so the comic wins

#34 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

While I did like the comic I preferred the movie. Like others said, it was much more cohesive and less derivative. It also had what I felt was better pacing and managed to include a great amount of the Flashpoint backstory despite the short run time. The movie also felt a bit more depressing than the original and I did like that as well.

I didn't mind the character designs although I wasn't too fond of some of the more violent scenes towards the end (namely Billy and Zoom's deaths, which I felt were overly graphic and added very little to the story compared to the originals). Also, I do miss that final scene with Barry and his mom.