#1 Posted by luke01 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

for many times people discuses the purpose of flash: superman runs fast like flash and flash has no other powers or no gadgets so whats his point!!!

well I found this video on youtube so enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jZ_qcxivc&NR=1

what do you think is flash still pointless or does this change the fact or not at all!!!!

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

No one thinks that Wally is pointless.  
 
People think Barry is pointless because his character serves no purpose, but in terms of pure power, the Flash is one of the most powerful members of the League. When written correctly. 

#3 Posted by JediXMan (29518 posts) - - Show Bio

He can become transparent, hit harder than Superman, time travel, and do a lot of things other characters can't.

So, for that matter, everyone else is pointless - which is the case, since with Flash you shouldn't need anyone else.

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash (any of them) is extremely powerful. More so than the likes of Superman in some aspects.

#5 Posted by Catsnlynne (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people think Barry is pointless? I like Barry. He's my favorite Flash.

#6 Posted by JediXMan (29518 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No one thinks that Wally is pointless. People think Barry is pointless because his character serves no purpose, but in terms of pure power, the Flash is one of the most powerful members of the League. When written correctly.

This is true. Wally has been thrown away, but he has a lot more character development than Barry. I don't dislike Barry, but the change was unnecessary. You can't bring back a character after being gone for almost twenty-five years and replace one who has used that twenty-five years to grow as a character.

#7 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@luke01 said:

for many times people discuses the purpose of flash: superman runs fast like flash and flash has no other powers or no gadgets so whats his point!!!

well I found this video on youtube so enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jZ_qcxivc&NR=1

what do you think is flash still pointless or does this change the fact or not at all!!!!

Barry Allen is faster than Superman...

#8 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@luke01 said:

for many times people discuses the purpose of flash: superman runs fast like flash and flash has no other powers or no gadgets so whats his point!!!

well I found this video on youtube so enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jZ_qcxivc&NR=1

what do you think is flash still pointless or does this change the fact or not at all!!!!

Barry Allen is faster than Superman...

Exactly. And comparing Flash's speed to Superman's and calling him pointless as such, is a bit like saying Wonder Woman is pointless because Superman is strong and can fly too.

#9 Edited by RideASpaceCowboy (515 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No one thinks that Wally is pointless. People think Barry is pointless because his character serves no purpose, but in terms of pure power, the Flash is one of the most powerful members of the League. When written correctly.

I would say that Wally is pointless except as the Kid Flash sidekick to Barry Allen. Otherwise he's simply a redundancy to the definitive version of the hero (and if anything I should be biased in favor of Wally, having been born in 1986, the year he took the mantle from Barry).

Barry is the one with the more strongly defined character traits (gregarious, law-abiding, uncompromising), better stories (Crisis on Infinite Earths, Final Crisis, Flash: Rebirth, Flashpoint), better arch-nemesis (Reverse-Flash), and better supporting cast (Iris West, Patty Spivot, Hal Jordan in a sense).

#10 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@RideASpaceCowboy said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No one thinks that Wally is pointless. People think Barry is pointless because his character serves no purpose, but in terms of pure power, the Flash is one of the most powerful members of the League. When written correctly.

I would say that Wally is pointless except as the Kid Flash sidekick to Barry Allan. Otherwise he's simply a redundancy to the definitive version of the hero (and if anything I should be biased in favor of Wally, having been born in 1986, the year he took the mantle from Barry).

Keep it to your awful thread.
#11 Posted by BlackWind (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@luke01: Flash is far faster than Superman, that's the point, speed is what he does best.

#12 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

@luke01: Clearly you've never been to a bloodlusted Wally thread, the consensus is he stomps the rest of the league before they realize they're in a fight. For future reference both Barry and Wally are quite a bit faster than supes actually .

#13 Posted by dtm1980 (240 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a clear case of imaginative and intelligent creative writing lol I tend to say personally that when you give yourself boundaries to work with, your creative side works better. You take something that doesn't seem as advanced or original as other previously existing ideas, yet because of your greater limitations, you adapt to maximise what exists already and in clear sight of the cliche you can better avoid them. Therefore what has always seemed simple has just always had room for growth.

So it seems in the cartoon that Flash exceeds his use of the power source so much that in essence he becomes an actual force of energy himself? That beats having laser eyes. Not bad for a human!

#14 Posted by The Stegman (23021 posts) - - Show Bio
Because Flash solos, that's why.
#15 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

@RideASpaceCowboy: I agree I like wally as kid flash, Bart as impulse, Barry as flash. I like jay better than all of them though

#16 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does the League even exist? Batman can solo anyone.

#17 Posted by Impala (264 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, Superman pwns all.