Flash whats his purpose

luke01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By luke01

for many times people discuses the purpose of flash: superman runs fast like flash and flash has no other powers or no gadgets so whats his point!!!

well I found this video on youtube so enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jZ_qcxivc&NR=1

what do you think is flash still pointless or does this change the fact or not at all!!!!

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

No one thinks that Wally is pointless.  

People think Barry is pointless because his character serves no purpose, but in terms of pure power, the Flash is one of the most powerful members of the League. When written correctly. 

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

He can become transparent, hit harder than Superman, time travel, and do a lot of things other characters can't.

So, for that matter, everyone else is pointless - which is the case, since with Flash you shouldn't need anyone else.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Gambit1024

Flash (any of them) is extremely powerful. More so than the likes of Superman in some aspects.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Catsnlynne

Why do people think Barry is pointless? I like Barry. He's my favorite Flash.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No one thinks that Wally is pointless. People think Barry is pointless because his character serves no purpose, but in terms of pure power, the Flash is one of the most powerful members of the League. When written correctly.

This is true. Wally has been thrown away, but he has a lot more character development than Barry. I don't dislike Barry, but the change was unnecessary. You can't bring back a character after being gone for almost twenty-five years and replace one who has used that twenty-five years to grow as a character.

mpierce2690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mpierce2690

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@luke01 said:

for many times people discuses the purpose of flash: superman runs fast like flash and flash has no other powers or no gadgets so whats his point!!!

well I found this video on youtube so enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jZ_qcxivc&NR=1

what do you think is flash still pointless or does this change the fact or not at all!!!!

Barry Allen is faster than Superman...

Exactly. And comparing Flash's speed to Superman's and calling him pointless as such, is a bit like saying Wonder Woman is pointless because Superman is strong and can fly too.

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#9  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

No one thinks that Wally is pointless. People think Barry is pointless because his character serves no purpose, but in terms of pure power, the Flash is one of the most powerful members of the League. When written correctly.

I would say that Wally is pointless except as the Kid Flash sidekick to Barry Allen. Otherwise he's simply a redundancy to the definitive version of the hero (and if anything I should be biased in favor of Wally, having been born in 1986, the year he took the mantle from Barry).

Barry is the one with the more strongly defined character traits (gregarious, law-abiding, uncompromising), better stories (Crisis on Infinite Earths, Final Crisis, Flash: Rebirth, Flashpoint), better arch-nemesis (Reverse-Flash), and better supporting cast (Iris West, Patty Spivot, Hal Jordan in a sense).

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@RideASpaceCowboy said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I would say that Wally is pointless except as the Kid Flash sidekick to Barry Allan. Otherwise he's simply a redundancy to the definitive version of the hero (and if anything I should be biased in favor of Wally, having been born in 1986, the year he took the mantle from Barry).

Keep it to your awful thread.
BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlackWind

@luke01: Flash is far faster than Superman, that's the point, speed is what he does best.

Avatar image for hoarderofhilarity
Hoarderofhilarity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luke01: Clearly you've never been to a bloodlusted Wally thread, the consensus is he stomps the rest of the league before they realize they're in a fight. For future reference both Barry and Wally are quite a bit faster than supes actually .

dtm1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By dtm1980

That was a clear case of imaginative and intelligent creative writing lol I tend to say personally that when you give yourself boundaries to work with, your creative side works better. You take something that doesn't seem as advanced or original as other previously existing ideas, yet because of your greater limitations, you adapt to maximise what exists already and in clear sight of the cliche you can better avoid them. Therefore what has always seemed simple has just always had room for growth.

So it seems in the cartoon that Flash exceeds his use of the power source so much that in essence he becomes an actual force of energy himself? That beats having laser eyes. Not bad for a human!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
Because Flash solos, that's why.
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By AllStarSuperman

@RideASpaceCowboy: I agree I like wally as kid flash, Bart as impulse, Barry as flash. I like jay better than all of them though

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By TheCrowbar

Why does the League even exist? Batman can solo anyone.

Impala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Impala

Nah, Superman pwns all.