Flash or Wonder Woman..which is the better comic?

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gambit474

I'm trying to decide between which series to read so as the question asks..WW or Flash?

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I don't read Wonder Woman, but Flash is an amazing comic. One of my favorites.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash comics is better but pick Wonder Woman if you are a feminist.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are great, it depends on what you like, really.

Flash is a fantastic superhero comic, through and through. Its action-packed, quick paced, and lots of fun.

Wonder Woman feels less like a superhero comic and more like a dark mythological fantasy. Its very strongly story driven, not so much in the way of action or incredible feats, and the stories span out over a long period.

Although, I will point out, Flash has far better art.

I enjoy both, but at the end of the day, I definitely prefer The Flash, its consistently one of my favorite books every month and, in true Flash fashion, I don't see it slowing down any time soon. But at the end of the day, it depends on what you like.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash is a fantastic superhero comic, through and through. Its action-packed, quick paced, and lots of fun.

Wonder Woman feels less like a superhero comic and more like a dark mythological fantasy. Its very strongly story driven, not so much in the way of action or incredible feats, and the stories span out over a long period.

I enjoy both, but at the end of the day, I definitely prefer The Flash, its consistently one of my favorite books every month and, in true Flash fashion, I don't see it slowing down any time soon. But at the end of the day, it depends on what you like.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Fenderxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

I would have to go Wonder Woman,

Flash does have some nice art, but as much as I wanted to like it, I really was not pulled in. The Wonder Woman story is very interesting and is more about mythology and this power struggle of the gods, so you don't have to be a feminist ... or even a girl for that matter, I'm a guy and I love that series.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Toss up for me. They've both been really great because they've been self contained. Both have great art, choosing the better art between Cliff Chang and Brian Buccellato/Manapul is like deciding between two beautiful women. I'd probably just tell you to go ahead and read them both!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

In my opinion Wonder Woman has slightly better writing while Flash has slightly better art. Both are really good for both though so it just depends on which you prefer to be better, writing or art.

Avatar image for themanwithnoname
TheManWithNoName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheManWithNoName

Wonder woman if you read from the beginning it makes sense and the payoff at the end of the story will be more worth. Flash has amazing art but their is too much narration on every page and it isn't needed so it gets pretty boring.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

Flash's art is amazing.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Flash has amazing art but mediocre story telling,every time I open a Flash comic I cant help but wonder that I've read it already. Wonder Woman is always fresh and creative.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#14  Edited By batmannflash

Both are amazing but Wonder Woman is better if you're going to read all the way from issue 1. Flash is better to jump right in. Because you might not understand WW if you start in the middle

But you're planning on reading all of it, WW is the better series.

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This is though. Flash is my favorite comic book right now but I've always felt WW was pretty damn underrated. Both are great, really.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I read a selection of older trades for both recently (mainly borrowed stuff from the library)

I went in thinking Flash would probably be enjoyable and Wonder Woman would probably suck. Ended up the other way round, with Wonder Woman having the more imaginative, unique stories and Flash being kinda' production line story telling.

Of course maybe if I'd read different trades I would've come to different opinions....

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash, I find Wonder Woman outside of Justice League and Animated Universe very boring.

Binski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both are good but for art go Flash and story wonder woman...just get both :p

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Both, but leaning towards Flash

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Flash for art.

WW for story.

Your pick

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Flash's art is amazing.

and that's it. the stories are mediocre at best.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@fenderxx said:

I would have to go Wonder Woman,

Flash does have some nice art, but as much as I wanted to like it, I really was not pulled in. The Wonder Woman story is very interesting and is more about mythology and this power struggle of the gods, so you don't have to be a feminist ... or even a girl for that matter, I'm a guy and I love that series.

This

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#24 dernman  Online

Both are good but I've been losing interest in WW for awhile now.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I prefer Wonder Woman even though it's slow paced.
Flash has way too good art but the story is mediocre at best and the reimagining of some villians bug me.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#26  Edited By Outside_85

Depends on what you want, as noted before; Flash is more typically superhero stuff while WW is one long dark fantasy story.

That said I would recommend Wonder Woman to anyone who is not reading it, the art is mostly brilliant (Akins isn't Chiang) and the story is very imersive. And I consider it the one relaunch the New 52 got right... which is why I fear that much of it will be undone by DC once Azzarello moves on.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I reciprocate the messages in this thread so far. Flash is the more typically superhero stuff with fun stories and gorgeous art whilst Wonder Woman is incredibly story driven with long spanning arcs and strong characterisation perspectives. Both are great series but I read Wonder Woman over Flash. Chiang, Sodzkura's and Akins' artwork is very distinctive and Azzarello tells a fresh story each issue with dark mythological themes and a novel integration of Orion and the New Gods into the New 52.

krunkeela

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tbo, I picked up 1 issue of each (WW 18 & a Flash Annual) and I never bought another. Maybe I'm just tight on money :/

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash all the way. I've never found Wonder Woman very interesting.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash every day of the week! Love the current story arc. Picked up Wonder Woman several times recently and couldn't get into it.