#1 Posted by Batman242 (4860 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm positive all of you have heard that the Flash has up coming movie. My question is who do you think well be the main villain, who would be the perfect person to portray Flash, which flash will it be? Wally or Barry? Will you watch it? Based on the past DC live action films other than the Dark Knight Trilogy, this movie will most likely be a let down. :( Do you feel it will be?

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash movie has been "Upcoming" for like 15 years so you'll excuse me if I don't get excited just yet.

#3 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

The Flash movie has been "Upcoming" for like 15 years so you'll excuse me if I don't get excited just yet.

this.

plus how the heck are they gonna make Flash move at those speeds in the big screen? I just dont see it

#4 Posted by divad4686 (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Are special effect advanced enough right now to make a good flash movie? I think they are, but can't be sure until the movie is out.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

I find myself agreeing or nodding in agreement with like everything you say...including this. 

But annnnywho. If the Flash film does happen, it should be Barry, for continuity's sake, with Wally making a cameo, and the villain should be at least one or more of the Rogues.
#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24692 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Could do a series, first with Jay, then Barry, then one with Barry and Wally as Kid Flash, then top it off with a movie where Wally takes the mantle after Barry has a heroic death.

#7 Posted by The Stegman (23203 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jorgevy said:

@joshmightbe said:

this.

plus how the heck are they gonna make Flash move at those speeds in the big screen? I just dont see it

And that was like ten years ago, technology has only improved since then. Personally, I would focus on him not just having raw speed and running, but give him more of a Spider-Man like agility, dodging bullets, leaping over boundaries, there was one panel in Flash Pre Flashpoint when Barry ran along the moving blades of a helicopter, that would look sick on the big screen.
#8 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

@joshmightbe said:

this.

Easily, Picture the bank robbery scene in Superman Returns, multiplied by Smallville, subtract Justice League Unlimited and add someone with a skinny physique.

#9 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: don't get me wrong, I love Smallville, but that speeding effect always seemed wrong to me. I believe technology now can do great things but I just dont see it being done with Flash. Superman is one thing, he is fast but Flash? and the whole movie basically going around that powerset? Im not saying it's impossible, Im just saying it probably won't look that great

@sesquipedalophobe: Justice League unlimted? what does that have to do?

#10 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: The Justice League cartoons downplayed Flash. On the Smallville subject, it would be confusing for everyone in the theatre to see guys getting knocked out by red and yellow blurs. I'm taking everything into account. Then again, I never considered Flash good enough for a solo film.

#11 Posted by tomlikesfries (4626 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I don't think it'll happen. But if it did, I'd like to see Wally vs. The Rogues.

#12 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: oh now I know what you mean. yeah a slower version of Flash could work I guess.... but it would have to be a lot slower. the problem is that they are probably just gonna use slow mo all the time to show us his perspective and what he is doing. i don't like it that much...

#13 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4692 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: I guess we'll just see how it goes. I'm thinking it will be a mixture of everything on television and a some of the super-fast limb action you see in most anime, More importantly, the script should work with the audience. I saw people walk out of Green Lantern because the writing was just so terrible,

#14 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

they could slow down the speed of flash when hes about to do something epic like in the max payne 3 game or something like the matrix and they should have flash break the sound barrier on the ground or when he leaps at top speed, he breaks the sound barrier in the air by leaping would be cool. i think the flash will have his own solo movie after the justice league movie everyone will have their own solo movies, even lobo.

#15 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

If MOS does well, then they'll do a JL film for sure.6 months before the JL film,they'll do casting for the flash and WW and get everything ready in preperation.They'll wait and see if the JL does well in box office.After 2 months after the JL film, and if it does well, they'll start shooting the Flash and WW.Action films take about 6 months to finish unless the film is CGI heavy like Avatar.

#16 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe: I actually didn't hate GL like most people did, to me it just had too much stuff going on. But yeah, i guess we'll see and most importantly if the script works, the movie will too. as I had said before, i didn't fancy the super speed effect in Smallville, yet I saw all the episodes and seasons until the comic book. Story>visuals IMHO

#17 Edited by SHAZAM117 (2664 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally think a Flash movie could be epic. With todays technology in filming and visual effects and 3D/IMAX, a Flash film could be ground breaking. I mean a few years ago when the 1st Transformers movie came out, it blew my mind watching Bumblebee SEAMLESSLY transform into a 1970's Camaro in live action. I think the filming technology is there, the question is whether or not WB/DC actually do it....and if they'll get the right people and visual effects company involved.....which all signs point to no....Just more Bats and Supes movies as they continue to play it safe. They took a step outside the box with Green Lantern but didn't get the proper people in involved and it came out no better than a plate of warm garbage....I didn't mind the look of the film but the editing and script was VERY lacking imo.

#18 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

What year is it coming out in?

#19 Posted by Kiltro95 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see a Flash movie personally I'd like to see Barry Allen, as for the villian I think Captain Cold but don't make him like a giant "I will control everything!" villian have be like a regular thief who was actually present the night Barry was struck by lightning at the police lab, maybe he was in custody maybe he was there to steal something specific either way Barry passes out from the lightning strike, and Leonard Snart seizes the opportunity and steals some materials to build a freeze gun, later he goes to meet up with his partner in crime Roscoe Dillian, who is in love with Leonard's sister (He's going to be the power hungry one who eventually ends up dead by the end) He'll commonly make metaphors comparing things to tops, there main original purpose was to get money to support Lisa Snart's career as an ice skater Roscoe on the other hand when realizing Leonard's genius decides they should do something more. When Barry wakes up he realizes that while passed out, the lab was robbed this causes him to feel guilty and soon after he begins to discover his powers. As for who should play the Flash, I think Ryan Gosling or Bradley Cooper.

#20 Posted by Loki9876 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

captain cold as villain I gues

#21 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe start with Flash vs ice man captain cold ? or planet of the apes Caesar Grodd ?

#22 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say a Live-Action Flash movie wouldn't be so good. His villains aren't iconic enough and non-comic book fans wouldn't like it very much.

An animated, in-detail film that sticks true to the comic books would be good. It could be about Hunter Zolomon vs. Wally West, or just Barry Allen/Wally West vs the Flash Rogues.

I'd so watch it either way though.

#23 Posted by colonyofcells (2038 posts) - - Show Bio

We are pretty sure Barry will be used in all media including the movies. Can also do Barry vs Shade.

#24 Posted by AllStarSuperman (20299 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it should be a more sifi movie and kinda dark. it should be barry and it would be and origin story, but he finds out the reverse flash killed his mom and trys to stop him. but in the end realizes something like the world needs flash and if his mom is not killed then the flash will never be or something like that.

#25 Posted by Immortal777 (6972 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's something like this I would prefer it wasn't made.

#26 Posted by JediXMan (29672 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor Zoom. Fast enough so they don't have to nerf Flash, but weaker than regular Zoom.

#27 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

While I would love to see Wally as the star of the movie, doubt this is going to happen with the way DC is promoting Barry in all the media right now.

@JediXMan said:

Professor Zoom. Fast enough so they don't have to nerf Flash, but weaker than regular Zoom.

Hmm.. Not bad. I think he would be better than some of his other more classic foes. Although with a redesign because that yellow would look awful in the big screeen. And I agree with another user who said that they should also show more sides of his speed powers like agility and refexes.

#28 Posted by jonEsherfey (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally cannot see it being good because The Flash is the type of hero where he is perfect for comics and that is about it. He is a great character and one of my favorites but I think it would be very hard to do. If they did do it than I would want Barry Allen and as the Villain I would like to have mirror master. If the movie happens which I hope doesn't because he is a good enough character without a movie because he will look cartoony and is way to powerful.