#1 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
March 21, 2005 - I attended this past weekend's Wizard World L.A convention where Ryan Reynolds was on-hand for The Amityville Horror panel. After discussing that upcoming release, Reynolds briefly chatted about Deadpool and The Flash, two comic book movies he has been linked to in the past.

The Blade Trinity Co- Star revealed to fans that Marvel Studios honcho Avi Arad had just informed him that 20th Century Fox was interested in the big-screen version of Deadpool, indicating that New Line Cinema is now out of the picture.

"I would love to play that role," Reynolds said. "The merc with a mouth ... it's like that's the reason I stepped out of my mother, to play that role. So someday. Hopefully."

Reynolds also addressed questions about The Flash, which is set-up at Warner Brothers with Blade's David Goyer writing and directing.

"We had a meeting last night about it and he's writing it right now," Reynolds told fans. "If Warner Bros. decides to greenlight it, I will be playing the role. ... I'm up for the challenge [of getting into tip-top shape]."

lol :p
#2 Posted by Booster Gold Prime (215 posts) - - Show Bio

He couldn't possibly play the Flash and Deadpool. Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest between Marvel and DC?

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224219 posts) - - Show Bio
Ryan Reynolds is da Man

lol
#4 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he could play them both. And play them both well.

I think the movies are different. with fans. I can imagine a Marvel fan to love Batman: The Dark Knight. I liked Iron Man a lot.

#5 Posted by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio
Booster Gold Prime said:
"He couldn't possibly play the Flash and Deadpool. Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest between Marvel and DC?"
James Mardsen
Staff
#6 Posted by King Saturn (224219 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"Booster Gold Prime said:
"He couldn't possibly play the Flash and Deadpool. Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest between Marvel and DC?"
James Mardsen"
Oooh Good One... Marsden played Cyclops and he was in Superman Returns

Nice
#7 Edited by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio

that was a three-pointer

thanks for the assist king

that's right... basketball analogies.

Staff
#8 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
He could play both greatly, and by the way this actor from X-MEN that played cyclops, he played Lois Lane's boyfriend in the latest superman disaster.. I mean movie lol :P so it wouldn't affect anything if Raynolds played a DC and a Marvel character. :D 
#9 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"inferiorego said:
"Booster Gold Prime said:
"He couldn't possibly play the Flash and Deadpool. Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest between Marvel and DC?"
James Mardsen"
Oooh Good One... Marsden played Cyclops and he was in Superman Returns

Nice
"
oh I didn't notice you guys had point that out already lol :P
#10 Posted by inferiorego (24845 posts) - - Show Bio
G'bandit said:
"King Saturn said:
"inferiorego said:
"Booster Gold Prime said:
"He couldn't possibly play the Flash and Deadpool. Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest between Marvel and DC?"
James Mardsen"
Oooh Good One... Marsden played Cyclops and he was in Superman Returns

Nice
"
oh I didn't notice you guys had point that out already lol :P"
Don't worry.... I won't fight you.... However, it may look like my avatar is kicking your name
Staff
#11 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

OK now you've caught my attention.

Ryan Reynolds did entertain the idea of playing the flash. But after many meetings with David Goyer, the idea was dropped. Scheduling was to conflicted and Goyer couldnt make up his mind about the film. Unfortunately Goyer has pulled out of making the Flash movie, he did however write the script and the movie is scheduled to come out in 2010. The question is, will it get made?

However he is playing deadpool and I am excited to see my favorite actor doing something action packed once more.

#12 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"

OK now you've caught my attention.

Ryan Reynolds did entertain the idea of playing the flash. But after many meetings with David Goyer, the idea was dropped. Scheduling was to conflicted and Goyer couldnt make up his mind about the film. Unfortunately Goyer has pulled out of making the Flash movie, he did however write the script and the movie is scheduled to come out in 2010. The question is, will it get made?

However he is playing deadpool and I am excited to see my favorite actor doing something action packed once more.

"

I heard that they had to scrap or change Goyer's script enough to stop copyright laws and Josh Whedon is supposedly taking over. But Ryan still wants that part. He's such a pleasure to watch. Has anyone seen The Nines with him in? I was confused from the get-go, because I didn't have any clue what it was about. My friend had it on his computer.
#13 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually he just expressed interest in playing Flash. He doesnt still want it and if I remember correctly he was only going to do it if Goyer stuck around.

Can't argue with the girl who's spent 3 years on a fanboard dedicated to the man, who's creators actually communicate with him.

#14 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"G'bandit said:
"King Saturn said:
"inferiorego said:
"Booster Gold Prime said:
"He couldn't possibly play the Flash and Deadpool. Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest between Marvel and DC?"
James Mardsen"
Oooh Good One... Marsden played Cyclops and he was in Superman Returns

Nice
"
oh I didn't notice you guys had point that out already lol :P"
Don't worry.... I won't fight you.... However, it may look like my avatar is kicking your name"
-_-  LOL

 Kiara_Sullivan said:
"

OK now you've caught my attention.

Ryan Reynolds did entertain the idea of playing the flash. But after many meetings with David Goyer, the idea was dropped. Scheduling was to conflicted and Goyer couldnt make up his mind about the film. Unfortunately Goyer has pulled out of making the Flash movie, he did however write the script and the movie is scheduled to come out in 2010. The question is, will it get made?

However he is playing deadpool and I am excited to see my favorite actor doing something action packed once more.

"
OH! that would suck.. I really was looking forward to see him as flash specially if the flash character is Wally West :D

THE BEST FLASH BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT YES DEADPOOL IS COMING IN TO THE BIG SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
  I can wait XD
#15 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio
Kiara_Sullivan said:
"

Actually he just expressed interest in playing Flash. He doesnt still want it and if I remember correctly he was only going to do it if Goyer stuck around.

Can't argue with the girl who's spent 3 years on a fanboard dedicated to the man, who's creators actually communicate with him.

"
Is it just me or is that sad?
#16 Edited by King Saturn (224219 posts) - - Show Bio
Aaron Ashmore is another Marvel and DC Crossover Actor.

He played as Bobby Drake aka Iceman in the X-Men films and He is currently playing Jimmy Olsen on Smallville