First sexual encounter you've uhh.. encountered.. in comics?

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

They always say you never forget your first time.

Let's have two categories:

1. Implied/Off-Panel

2. Explicit

And if possible, let's split those into two more sub-categories:

a. Your actual first

b. The oldest/earliest issue or strip by date

How much detail you put into the description is up to your own discretion, but let's all remember the site rules.

Let me sift through my memories a bit and I'll get back with my own answer/s. I've always been intrigued by the history of sex in this genre.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've not seen any, apart from in 90s Ninjak comics. He's done it at least.. three times. Implied and explicit.

nightwing444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

watchmen was my first comic. So I think that answers all questions

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a Spider-Man comic. Peter and MJ. Whenever they made out light switches would be switched to off or MJ would tackle Peter whislt shirts were removed.

Explicit. The first Manga I ever saw. Dont remember the title, just that my artist pals loved Manga/Anime

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I see quite alot in manga..matter fact a good 60% of the manga's I read have a few sex scenes in them, the first one was Gantz chapter 59 actually titled Sex It went on for 2 chapters and was very explicit.

Kraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I started reading comics in May and my first encounter with sexual content was in the current Batwoman run, between Kate and Maggie. I don't know how many of you actually know how that was done, but it was... explicitly implied? You could see that they were doing it, but their lower bodies were not on panel.

It was a very tasteful execution of the panels and I'd like it if more artists handled such scenes that way.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Red hood and the outlaws issue 1...inocents lost...

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@kraya said:

I started reading comics in May and my first encounter with sexual content was in the current Batwoman run, between Kate and Maggie. I don't know how many of you actually know how that was done, but it was... explicitly implied? You could see that they were doing it, but their lower bodies were not on panel.

It was a very tasteful execution of the panels and I'd like it if more artists handled such scenes that way.

I think this was my first too.

I think explicitly implied does kind of work, as it was very tastefully handled. I'd maybe even refer to it as a love scene rather than a sex scene.

OldComicsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OldComicsGuy

Wracking my brain for the first implicit one, which would likely be in the B&W Conan. Or maybe Nightwing and Starfire. The first explicit scene was probably in Foglio's XXXenophile, or some indie comic I've long since forgotten. Ironwood, possibly. Or maybe Elementals.

Kraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kraya

@kraya said:

I think explicitly implied does kind of work, as it was very tastefully handled. I'd maybe even refer to it as a love scene rather than a sex scene.

Why not both? It may be more than just sex, but it is also sex.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@kraya said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@kraya said:

Why not both? It may be more than just sex, but it is also sex.

I just mean that it strikes me more as a showing of affection and emotion rather than a physical thing.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Two or three years ago I read DeadPool Suicide Kings. Implied sex

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By silent_bomber

Pretty sure there's an implied sex scene between Pete and MJ in one of the early Venom stories.

On the other question, not sure, I do however remember getting in trouble due to a sex scene between Judge DeMarco and some guy in 2000AD, its just one panel, she's riding this guy and you don't see anything.

The other kids told on me saying I'd brought a "dirty comic" to school :(

At the time I was pretty mortified, looking back on it though I just feel as though it shows how stunted the other kids actually were in comparison to me and my friend, we didn't think it was a big deal and was just part of the story.

Acro808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Implied a few times in Amazing Spider-Man.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

For implied, Nightwing and Starfire woke up fairly nude around the time Trigon rolled in in the 80s Titans series.

And then Watchmen, of course.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gunmetalgrey

Mine was in one of the first few issues of Fables, with Rose Red and Jack. I just can't quite remember how explicit it was, but I do remember it showed them both naked.

The oldest by date is probably from The Sandman, I read the whole thing, but I'm not quite sure which of the several encounters happened first. It was probably that scene in the diner with the escaped convict mind controlling everyone using Morpheus' jewel. The art was kinda simplistic so it wasn't as explicit as it could have been.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I managed a long time to not see/read that but then I read Saga this week.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard Boiled...

I was around the age of 6...

ThorBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savage dragon in the 90's..... No shame whatsoever. Mary Jane was a very good wife to Peter and all the readers!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kick-ass issue 5. People in the street. Kick-ass issue 8. His dad and Lucille.

batpala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By batpala

Pretty sure it was in The Sandman comics which I picked up when I was ten or eleven. Oops? I was kind of desensitized to the nudity and violence in that comic because previously I'd been reading about Greek Mythology and stuff, but yeah. Pretty sure it was The Sandman. There's a possibility it was The Watchmen though, which is pretty far from okay.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is weird. lol

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Watchmen I guess

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26 dernman  Online

It was when I was real young and can barely remember. It was in Global Guardians Owl Woman and Jack O'Lantern I think. After that is was Spider-Man and MJ. Back when they were young and frisky. That got it on all the time. Those were good times for the couple.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1) A Superman and Dracula crossover, it was not explicit, Lois was almost nude and was sleeping with Clark, they were married IIRC, I don't have the issue anymore, I was like 10 or something. Has anyone else read the story?

2) Watchmen probably but I'm not sure.

I also read some James Bond comic strips, some of them were implied but most of them were very explicit.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

Daredevil/Blackcat

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly enough the rape of Sue Dibny.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@chibio: Oh wow.. Quite the game changer, huh?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scott and emma,s affair was my first.

Tarot witch of the black rose for the really hard stuff.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.. kinda has a different meaning with this thread's topic..

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Blackdog2009

Green Arrow (80s run)... Black Canary mounting GA in bed, clearly naked.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By KingOfAsh

Watchmen

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohh wait It could also have been Wolfguy which was 20 chapters of rape

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

One of my more interesting not-so-old threads, I'd say.

I wonder how viners these days will answer.

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Scott and Emma or Midnighter and Apollo

I can't remember which was first

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The infamous one night stand of Juggernaut and She-Hulk (lately the authors claimed it never happened, or it was an alternate version of She-Hulk), but I think we all know the truth).

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Spider-Man and Black Cat in Amazing Spider-Man.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come to think of it, there may have been an implied scene in one of the ol' 2099 books, I just can't remember which one..

GoldenGuardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember which x men issue it's from. Kitty pride and colossus were having sex (out of panel), and during orgasm she unconsciously phased and fell naked in the lower floor, where beast was watching TV. Made me laugh a lot.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The earliest I remember is Spider-Man/Black Cat The Evil That Men Do, where Black cat was raped. Also Year one if you consider that Selina was a prostitute. I don't really remember most of the comics I first read but the Spiderman one I remember.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't remember which x men issue it's from. Kitty pride and colossus were having sex (out of panel), and during orgasm she unconsciously phased and fell naked in the lower floor, where beast was watching TV. Made me laugh a lot.

It was in Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run. And yeah, this was my first too. Great moment XD

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the first ever I encountered was in a Punisher comic (have no idea what issue) and is was incestuous in nature but was just implied/off-panel.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldenguardian said:

It was in Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men run. And yeah, this was my first too. Great moment XD

Just looked that up. Man I gotta read that run XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56 said:
@goldenguardian said:

Just looked that up. Man I gotta read that run XD

Totally recommend it. Got weird at times but was a lot of fun :)

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I first got into comics, Peter and MJ seemed to got at it like bunnies at times. The scene I remember best was one where he webbed her up and commented on what he would do in the next hour.

Explicit: was probably in Heavy Metal magazine, but I don't recall offhand. I do recall helping a local comic shop for a while while I waited on a delivery, and spotted some 'behind the counter' books. Bondage Fairies is one name that sticks out.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funnily enough, even though I've read a comic that I borrowed from the library (when I was 13 in around 2006) where some men get turned on by the sight of Lara Croft...and I've read a comic in around 2008 where there may have been sexual tension between Black Cat and Spider-Man when Black Cat, Spider-Man and Elektra were all fighting each other...I don't think I remember encountering a sexual encounter in comics. In the latter comic that I mentioned, there was a part where Peter Parker was talking to Mary Jane Watson but even then the encounter wasn't sexual...yes of course they were boyfriend and girlfriend, but they were talking about matters in their lives...nothing sexual. I've read quite a few comics in my life and I have yet to see a sexual encounter between any comic book character...they usually just get down to fighting. Actually I think the earliest one I read might be when the horrible Donovan raped Guts in the Beserk Manga but I don't know if that counts because obviously it was non-consensual and too disgusting to even mention. Or it could be the one where Slade and that girl meet (but that's disgusting too) or it could be when Wolverine went into Peter Parker's body and kissed Mary Jane (disgusting, yep) but I can't remember.