#1 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

They always say you never forget your first time.

Let's have two categories:

1. Implied/Off-Panel

2. Explicit

And if possible, let's split those into two more sub-categories:

a. Your actual first

b. The oldest/earliest issue or strip by date

How much detail you put into the description is up to your own discretion, but let's all remember the site rules.

Let me sift through my memories a bit and I'll get back with my own answer/s. I've always been intrigued by the history of sex in this genre.

#2 Posted by i_like_swords (17375 posts) - - Show Bio

I've not seen any, apart from in 90s Ninjak comics. He's done it at least.. three times. Implied and explicit.

#3 Posted by nightwing444 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

watchmen was my first comic. So I think that answers all questions

#4 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6034 posts) - - Show Bio

In a Spider-Man comic. Peter and MJ. Whenever they made out light switches would be switched to off or MJ would tackle Peter whislt shirts were removed.

Explicit. The first Manga I ever saw. Dont remember the title, just that my artist pals loved Manga/Anime

#5 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12383 posts) - - Show Bio

I see quite alot in manga..matter fact a good 60% of the manga's I read have a few sex scenes in them, the first one was Gantz chapter 59 actually titled Sex It went on for 2 chapters and was very explicit.

#6 Posted by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

I started reading comics in May and my first encounter with sexual content was in the current Batwoman run, between Kate and Maggie. I don't know how many of you actually know how that was done, but it was... explicitly implied? You could see that they were doing it, but their lower bodies were not on panel.

It was a very tasteful execution of the panels and I'd like it if more artists handled such scenes that way.

#7 Posted by lifeofvibe (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

Red hood and the outlaws issue 1...inocents lost...

#8 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya said:

I started reading comics in May and my first encounter with sexual content was in the current Batwoman run, between Kate and Maggie. I don't know how many of you actually know how that was done, but it was... explicitly implied? You could see that they were doing it, but their lower bodies were not on panel.

It was a very tasteful execution of the panels and I'd like it if more artists handled such scenes that way.

I think this was my first too.

I think explicitly implied does kind of work, as it was very tastefully handled. I'd maybe even refer to it as a love scene rather than a sex scene.

#9 Edited by OldComicsGuy (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Wracking my brain for the first implicit one, which would likely be in the B&W Conan. Or maybe Nightwing and Starfire. The first explicit scene was probably in Foglio's XXXenophile, or some indie comic I've long since forgotten. Ironwood, possibly. Or maybe Elementals.

#10 Edited by Kraya (203 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya said:

I think explicitly implied does kind of work, as it was very tastefully handled. I'd maybe even refer to it as a love scene rather than a sex scene.

Why not both? It may be more than just sex, but it is also sex.

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

@kraya said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@kraya said:

Why not both? It may be more than just sex, but it is also sex.

I just mean that it strikes me more as a showing of affection and emotion rather than a physical thing.

#12 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

Two or three years ago I read DeadPool Suicide Kings. Implied sex

#13 Edited by silent_bomber (2194 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure there's an implied sex scene between Pete and MJ in one of the early Venom stories.

On the other question, not sure, I do however remember getting in trouble due to a sex scene between Judge DeMarco and some guy in 2000AD, its just one panel, she's riding this guy and you don't see anything. The other kids told on me saying I'd brought a "dirty comic" to school.

At the time I was pretty mortified, looking back on it though I just feel as though it shows how stunted the other kids actually were in comparison to me and my friend, we didn't think it was a big deal and was just part of the story.

#14 Posted by Acro808 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Implied a few times in Amazing Spider-Man.

#15 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

For implied, Nightwing and Starfire woke up fairly nude around the time Trigon rolled in in the 80s Titans series.

And then Watchmen, of course.

#16 Edited by gunmetalgrey (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Mine was in one of the first few issues of Fables, with Rose Red and Jack. I just can't quite remember how explicit it was, but I do remember it showed them both naked.

The oldest by date is probably from The Sandman, I read the whole thing, but I'm not quite sure which of the several encounters happened first. It was probably that scene in the diner with the escaped convict mind controlling everyone using Morpheus' jewel. The art was kinda simplistic so it wasn't as explicit as it could have been.

#17 Posted by TheFirstLantern (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

I managed a long time to not see/read that but then I read Saga this week.

#18 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1275 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by ARMIV2 (8845 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard Boiled...

I was around the age of 6...

#20 Posted by ThorBoy (159 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage dragon in the 90's..... No shame whatsoever. Mary Jane was a very good wife to Peter and all the readers!

#21 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22965 posts) - - Show Bio

Kick-ass issue 5. People in the street. Kick-ass issue 8. His dad and Lucille.

#22 Edited by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure it was in The Sandman comics which I picked up when I was ten or eleven. Oops? I was kind of desensitized to the nudity and violence in that comic because previously I'd been reading about Greek Mythology and stuff, but yeah. Pretty sure it was The Sandman. There's a possibility it was The Watchmen though, which is pretty far from okay.

#23 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7036 posts) - - Show Bio

This is weird. lol

#24 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1275 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen I guess

#26 Posted by Dernman (15690 posts) - - Show Bio

It was when I was real young and can barely remember. It was in Global Guardians Owl Woman and Jack O'Lantern I think. After that is was Spider-Man and MJ. Back when they were young and frisky. That got it on all the time. Those were good times for the couple.

#27 Posted by RustyRoy (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

1) A Superman and Dracula crossover, it was not explicit, Lois was almost nude and was sleeping with Clark, they were married IIRC, I don't have the issue anymore, I was like 10 or something. Has anyone else read the story?

2) Watchmen probably but I'm not sure.

I also read some James Bond comic strips, some of them were implied but most of them were very explicit.

#28 Posted by flazam (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil/Blackcat

#29 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly enough the rape of Sue Dibny.

#30 Edited by gunmetalgrey (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio: Oh wow.. Quite the game changer, huh?

#31 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

Scott and emma,s affair was my first.

Tarot witch of the black rose for the really hard stuff.

#32 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.. kinda has a different meaning with this thread's topic..

#33 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow (80s run)... Black Canary mounting GA in bed, clearly naked.

#34 Edited by KingOfAsh (3636 posts) - - Show Bio

Watchmen

#35 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (12383 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohh wait It could also have been Wolfguy which was 20 chapters of rape