k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
No Caption Provided

This August, young Bobby Drake has had enough, and he’s letting loose in ALL-NEW X-MEN #31! Blockbuster writer Brian Michael Bendis welcomes new series artist & Marvel All-New Young Gun Mahmud Asrar for a nail-biting issue that will show the world why Iceman is snow joke! The Future Brotherhood have been defeated, but there’s no rest for the weary – as the All-New X-Men must scramble to come to the aid of a mysterious teen with an unthinkable power!

“I can’t tell you how excited I am to have Mahmud Asrar join us as the regular artist on ALL-NEW XMEN…well, actually I can tell you—I’m beyond excited!,” says Executive Editor Mike Marts “As an editor, it’s always a nerve-wracking experience when you lose an artist as great as Stuart Immonen to another project (best of luck on All-New Captain America, Stuart!), but when you have someone as talented as Mahmud to fill that void, well.. things don’t seem so gloomy anymore!”

Meanwhile, for someone who said she doesn’t find him particularly pleasant to be around, X-23 seems to have taken an odd interest in young Angel. But to what end? Plus, don’t miss the heart-stopping last page that will have the everyone talking when ALL-NEW X-MEN #31 hits comic shops and digital devices this August!

ALL-NEW X-MEN #31 (JUN140691)

Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS

Art by MAHMUD ASRAR

Cover by STUART IMMONEN

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Variant by MIKE DEL MUNDO (JUN140692)

FOC – 08/04/14, On-Sale – 08/27/14

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

mje360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm not sure about this now, Immonen's art was top notch, I wasn't big on Asrar's art on Supergirl, it has become off putting after the first few issues.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Haven't picked up this since BOTA ended. Is it good now?

xchaix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcosvergara14: Chances are if you made it all the way to BOTA and you thought it wasn't good, nothing short of a writer change will fix it for you. As for the art, I'm happy with the development. It's not Immonen great, but it's still pretty good.

dotwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dotwilson

kinda sad Immonen is moving on but Asrar is a good enough replacement as you can get. Any word on who's taking over Wolverine & the X-men as the regular artist?

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I haven't really been paying attention. Why is Immonen gone? Just moving on? Why do all the main X-books have godawful art now?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not happy that Immonen left. NOT HAPPY.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
feedonatreefrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By feedonatreefrog

I also dropped this after BOTA.

Picked it up again for the Trial of Jean Grey. What a mistake that was.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the look of the art in the preview pages. I'll keep this on my pull list for now.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I haven't really been paying attention. Why is Immonen gone? Just moving on? Why do all the main X-books have godawful art now?

hear hear - you'd think for their top books Marvel would have their top artists

cdw101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iceman looks terrible, bring back the look similar to the old x-men cartoon bobby.

Outburstz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goldballs outfit is cracking me up

battlewingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love immonen's art, but this looks pretty good too. there have been much worse hand-offs than this

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like Asrar's art, and I especially like how Laura looks. I need to catch up with this series before Wednesday.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it me or does Iceman look like a girl???

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcosvergara14: BotA ruined the series for me by turning Kitty into a whiny drama queen. I tried to stick it out but dropped after Trial because Bendis writes X-23 just like he does every other teenage character.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@cdw101: He reminds me of the "Feels Meme"

aspenation_366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First X-23 kiss Cyclops and now she kiss Angel. I ain't gonna complain about the kissing but she kiss every mutant she met through her storyline. Think about WWE Diva AJ Lee for example, she kiss every WWE superstars through her career including Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcosvergara14: BotA ruined the series for me by turning Kitty into a whiny drama queen. I tried to stick it out but dropped after Trial because Bendis writes X-23 just like he does every other teenage character.

so true i stopped liking kitty after that especially after that BS reason why she left the school. Teen cyclops and jean don't help either, but i continue it because i love X 23 and i don't see her in anymore books.

narasinha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the first page, the red haired girl with a white/green costume that is in the group being teleported my Magik should really be Dazzler in her new gothic outift.... (that's the scene from Uncanny X-Men 24)

DcNoobReviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DcNoobReviews

@mje360:

im the total opposite, i thought that he ROCKED supergirl, i was sad when he left. Glad to see him on all new x.

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't really tell if most people like this book or not, but it is one of my favorites right now. I'm TIRED of all the X-Men crap going on lately, and the new direction for the Avengers just isn't grabbing my attention lately, not to mention the new Falcon-Cap and She-Thor... It's books like this one, that seem to stand on their own so well, that keep me with Marvel.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antihero_jaymok said:

I can't really tell if most people like this book or not, but it is one of my favorites right now. I'm TIRED of all the X-Men crap going on lately, and the new direction for the Avengers just isn't grabbing my attention lately, not to mention the new Falcon-Cap and She-Thor... It's books like this one, that seem to stand on their own so well, that keep me with Marvel.

Totally Agree!

[well, not so sure about "She-Thor", but I wait and before judge...]