First day of shooting for Civil War

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 86

Edited By RavenVice01

It looks like the shooting for Captain America Civil War has just begun. Anthony Mackie has his game face on as Falcon while Chris Evans is shooting the breeze while sporting some sunglasses.

No Caption Provided

Meanwhile, Frank Grillo is showing off his intimidating Crossbones costume. From the looks of it, I'd say he belongs in the Nolanverse like a henchman for Bane. There is probably no chance of the Red Skull making an appearance in this movie unless Baron Zemo is just an alias for the newly revitalized Red Skull.

I'm looking forward to the Red Skull making a comeback in either Thor: Ragnarok or the Avengers: Infinity War but I'm more anxious to see Sin, Red Skull's daughter because her and Crossbones are supposed to be an infamous duo. Has anyone else heard any news about other casting calls.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get an image for Crossbones off of Instagram. Some websites are uptight when it comes to copying and pasting.

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Looks like he is wearing a special EXOSUIT, probably to keep up with Cap. I am hoping he is given some sort of special serum as well like Deathlok.

No Caption Provided

I'm not totally impressed yet, but looks a lot better than MCU Hawkeye's or DCCU Deadshot's boring a** looking costumes.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: The Suicide Squad looks like they took a chapter out of Mortal Kombat when it came to costume design. I don't think they will include the Deathlok serum in any of the Marvel films. Agents of SHIELD is mutually exclusive from the rest of the Marvel films

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Veshark

I have faith in the Russos that there's an in-movie explanation for why Crossbones looks the way he does....

...But after the Winter Soldier's design - which was straight out of the pages of Brubaker's run - was done so well, I was hoping for something similar for Bones. His Epting outfit is one of the best and easiest looks for the character to translate onto the big screen:

No Caption Provided

The recent trend of repurposed-sports-gear costumes in adaptations like Suicide Squad and Arrow/Flash is also starting to get a little irksome, and designs like this just look like bad cosplay to me.

All that said...I'm willing to give it a chance, and maybe it'll win me over on the silver screen. Hell, maybe for all I know this is just one of Crossbones' uniforms in this film.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RavenVice01

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: AoS basically goes off of what happens in the movies while doing their own thing. Same thing with Agent Carter. However, there are certain characters that will never be seen in a Marvel film like Daisy "Skye" Johnson, Mr. Hyde and now it seems like Arnim Zola will become a regular on Agent Carter which sucks because I really wanted to see him in his robotic form.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenvice01: there's been rumours that Skye will be in the inhuman movie

But I totally agree with you they do like to keep it separate but mention the films however the films very target mention AoS

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

i see they removed the red from Cap's chest. it WAS a tad distracting

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RavenVice01

@wrglfan2814: kinda...all he is missing is the blades. He looks more like casey jones

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

@lukehero: Sorry, but that looks almost identical to Deadshot's. How is he more boring then?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: Not really. Deadshot looks like generic body armor. This looks like a decent exosuit. Also you're leaving out the part at the bottom when I say I wasn't impressed yet.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

AWESOME

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@eyedcyou: Not really. Deadshot looks like generic body armor. This looks like a decent exosuit. Also you're leaving out the part at the bottom when I say I wasn't impressed yet.

I saw that, but CB just has those exo hands things. I mean, Deadshots outfit has actually more going on in it.

They both have the same style of body armor, as well as random ammo holsters and assorted weapons.  CB has his exo hands and DS has his arm cannons.  If you color matched them and got rid of the masks, they'd look very similar.
They both have the same style of body armor, as well as random ammo holsters and assorted weapons. CB has his exo hands and DS has his arm cannons. If you color matched them and got rid of the masks, they'd look very similar.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: It looks pretty boring when it goes up against the source material, where as Crossbones costume in the comics isn't supposed to be breaking any new ground. So as far as my expectations go live action crossbones isn't very high to being with. This live action Deadshot costume is horrible when compared to what I was generally expecting. I honestly was disappointed overall when I heard this movie has a generally very low budget to work with. I will however be keeping that in mind when I judge the final product and will judge it on a less harsh scale.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I guess that's true. Most of the comics versions of DS would look a little campy live action though. Idk. I think they're both pretty good, but nothing special.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Looks like he is wearing a special EXOSUIT, probably to keep up with Cap. I am hoping he is given some sort of special serum as well like Deathlok.

I'm not totally impressed yet, but looks a lot better than MCU Hawkeye's or DCCU Deadshot's boring a** looking costumes.

I find more and more each day I need to start watching AoS.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: With a budget they could have pulled it off. Correct, though neither costume is all that great. I wouldn't overly praise either. Just Will Smith is the star of this film, so can he get a damn good costume? Crossbones is just a featured villain, not even the main villain. They are supposed to focus on spending their money on the main characters costume as far as production goes.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: True, but this (SS) is going to be more of an action movie than a CBM. And those don't have super budgets.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eyedcyou: It's a Will Smith movie though, one would think he would be in a big budget film when it comes to action. I guess his career really is in a hole right now.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: He could have revitalized his career if he fought for the role of Black Manta. Will Smith has never played a villain and Black Manta has a son who becomes the next Aqualad. Will Smith could make Black Manta out to be a sympathetic but often ruthless character like Stannis Borantheon from Game of Thrones or Mr. Freeze.

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crossbones looks badass

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Hawkeye AOU costume was nice. And Deadshot comic book costume on screen would look bad, I like the way it looks.

Crossbones though it doesn't look good, it looks like a CW costume.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: it looks like a CW costume.

The many of the CW costumes are great. Even though the Atom has been an Iron Man ripoff outside of him shrinking in the latest trailer, his costume is amazing. Flash & Arrow's costumes also look great. TBH most of the Suicide Squad Costumes look like cosplay. Hawkeye is wearing generic bodyarmor and his costume is pretty boring. Sure they are trying to channel the source material from the latest Hawkeye runs, but these things are hit and miss. This time they missed. Hopefully the Russo Brothers can get it right.

Crossbones Costume is nothing to brag home about, but it's pretty decent and channels the source material a lot better than Hawkeye's costume.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: the Suicide Squad costumes are like that intentionally because their just normal criminals apart from Deadshot. You don't see normal criminals wearing high tech costumes. I just don't like the Crossbones costume to be honest,

It looks all over the place.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23: We don't know the plot line, so I'm judging it as a costume. It looks like cosplay.