#1 Posted by ShadowsofBirds (60 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been trying to get through the early Hellboy books FOREVER! I just can't seem to find the time to sit down.

How do you guys find time? Do you just happen to be not particularly busy all of the time? Or do you have to force yourself to sit down so that you can keep up with a story you love?

How much time do you find? On average how many (pages I guess?) do you get through weekly?

Is not being left behind as issues come out a motivating factor? Does your interest wax and wayne?

I personally can't watch episodic television on a weekly basis either - that whole "hurry up and watch it.. then wait a week for the next bit" drives me crazy. So I like to hear about things long after they've concluded.

I'm not really a hardcore comic nerd but I'm sure some of you are - I'm just curious what the range is of how much is consumed by a given person.

#2 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm working longer hours lately and I have a 1.5 year old, so I understand the lack of time.

Most of my comic reading takes two forms these days:

1. Catching up - Binge reading several issues of a series in a row that have stacked up in my office or

2. Digital reading - Reading comics on the go, whether at lunch, waiting for whatever, or in bed after my wife has fallen asleep.

I wasn't a fan of the idea of digital at first, but it can be a great alternative, especially if you're not paying full issue price for it.

#3 Posted by ShadowsofBirds (60 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Digital still sticks in my craw a little.. but I got a kindle (old fashioned e-ink) and It's the most amazing thing in the world. Three hundred books in the space of a cliffs notes. Someday when I get an samsung tablet thingie or some other full-color gizmo I'm sure I'll make the leap.

I just hate seeing that stack of pretty pictures and story sitting in the corner - begging me to jump in.. >.<

Especially when I'm made aware of something else that sounds awesome..