Final Crisis vs Forever Evil (to this point)

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By SOG7dc

I started reading Final Crisis tonight. Maybe its because im exhausted or maybe its just Grant Morrison but I am totally confused and lost. Did anyone really enjoy Final Crisis?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Final Crisis is much better.. so far. Final Crisis is something you have to re read though.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Final Crisis is much better.. so far. Final Crisis is something you have to re read though.

hopefully the second time around I enjoy it. Because right now, and I'm on Superman Beyond number 1, I'm totally lost and I don't know how I got from orion to this....

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By the_tree

I love Final Crisis. It's a love letter to Jack Kirby and all of the delightfully weird corners of the DC universe. It's not something you go into without research, though. If you've got knowledge over the Monitors, the New Gods, and multiverse, then you'll do fine. I probably half-understood it when I first read it, but I was fine on my second reading.

It's definitely better than Forever Evil.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_tree said:

I love Final Crisis. It's a love letter to Jack Kirby and all of the delightfully weird corners of the DC universe. It's not something you go into without research, though. If you've got knowledge over the Monitors, the New Gods, and multiverse, then you'll do fine. I probably half-understood it when I first read it, but I was fine on my second reading.

It's definitely better than Forever Evil.

do I have to have read the previous crises?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

@sog7dc: I haven't read the previous Crises, and I got it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

@sog7dc said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

hopefully the second time around I enjoy it. Because right now, and I'm on Superman Beyond number 1, I'm totally lost and I don't know how I got from orion to this....

You probably will. I doubt Forever Evill will blow it out of the water for the next 2 issues and do everything perfect which is what it would need, for me to even think about saying it's better then Final Crisis.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I haven't read Forever Evil but I loved Final Crisis , however did take me a while to truly understand and enjoy it.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I can't compare the 2 just yet**, but just my thoughts on FC: ... okay. It wasn't BAD, but I didn't love anything about it. It wasn't the easiest to follow -- I thought the novelization (which was obviously longer/more detailed) of the arc was MUCH better. (And I don't think it was because it was a "re-read" of the material, I think it was just organized better & the transitions between the different "scenes" were smoother).

**Thought it wouldn't be in FE's favor that I'm reading it "live". I read FC after it was completed & so I could finish in 1 go. Having to wait 1 month between reading just ~23 pages always sours me (/I lose the fun/energy in that time period).

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By hart7668

Final Crisis is something you have to re read though.

This is true.

I'm enjoying Forever Evil though.