Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Fated_Xtasy

"Ferus is more than a man to the Bellassans. He is a symbol,"

—Will Asani

Welcome to the largest collection of Ferus Olin Feats and Quotes:The Unsung Hero

No Caption Provided

Universal

This are quotes that apply that are too vague to be put into a single section, and thus can apply to Combat ability, Force Power and/or Physical Ability.

Yet Ferus had them all. He was steady and brilliant, a physically gifted athlete, and popular with all the students. He was a few years older than Anakin, and the Masters were still talking about him long after he had gone on to become a Padawan.

—Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice

He had excelled at everything he tried. Yet no student was jealous of him. They admired him and wanted to be like him. He was also popular with the Jedi Council. Anakin knew they expected great things of him. There was no one at the Temple who did not speak the name Ferus without praise.

—Jedi Quest: The Way of the Apprentice

He(Anakin) didn't want his Master to know that a fellow Padawan, especially one as gifted and respected as Ferus, did not trust him.

—Jedi Quest: The Dangerous Games.

"After much discussion, and consultation with all Jedi Masters, the Council has chosen Ferus Olin as the first Padawan to undergo the trials. After this mission, he will begin the trials."

—Jedi Quest: The Final Showdown (Mace Windu)

It had been difficult for Obi-Wan himself to admit that Ferus was the best candidate.

—Jedi Quest: The Final Showdown (Obi-Wan on the Jedi Knight Trials)

"I was caught at the spaceport when it happened," Weasy said. "Everything was shut down because someone escaped from prison, and there was a full-scale alert to catch him."

Obi-Wan put down his drink. There wasn't anything here to interest him. Just the usual gossip. The various crackdowns of the Empire weren't news.

"Just one guy, can you imagine? And they held up transit for a week. I was cooling my heels - wasn't even allowed to leave the Ussa spaceport," Weasy went on.

Obi-Wan stood. The noise of the cantina engulfed him as he allowed the Force to ease.

.. so I say to myself, who is this Ferus Olin anyway?" Weasy finished.

—The Last of The Jedi: The Desperate Mission

"I hear he's both brave and crazy," Weasy said. "But not dead - not yet, anyway. They ordered extra troops because of him, and they'd already imported one of those Imperial battalions. He was running rings around the stormtroopers. Became a legend on Bellassa."

"Speak of what you know about Ferus, not what you can guess."

"He was the most gifted apprentice, second only to Anakin."

“With so many gifts, he is a formidable opponent of the Empire."

—The Last of The Jedi: The Desperate Mission(Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon’s Force spirit discussing Ferus)

If they moved Ferus inside that garrison, he would never come out again. He was too dangerous to allow to live.

Now Obi-Wan thought, He was the most gifted apprentice, second only to Anakin. With so many gifts, he is a formidable opponent of the Empire.

With a lightsaber, with a hold on the Force constantly renewing, constantly strengthening, he would be even stronger.

—The Last of The jedi: Dark Warning

He had been tormented by the visions, had at one point curled into a ball to escape them. They had accused him of being on the run from his own true nature, of avoiding the Living Force because he was afraid of himself. They said he only pretended humility, that his prowess as the best apprentice pleased him too much.

—The Last of The Jedi: Dark Warning

Back then there was only one who could surpass him(Ferus) - Anakin Skywalker.

Trever knew a different person from what Ferus had been. "Renegade" hardly fit the description of his Padawan years. Actually, he had never skipped art assignment or a practice session. He had striven for perfection in every waking moment. He was driven by his need to excel.

—The Last of The Jedi: Underworld

An image of Emperor Palpatine shimmered in the air. "Greetings, Master Olin, for I think you deserve that title. Times have changed, and you've changed with them. I think our departed Inquisitor Malorum was a bit too hard on you. On behalf of the Empire, I'd like to offer you amnesty."

—The Last of The Jedi: Death on Naboo

What mattered was Ferus Olin.

The Emperor laughed. All Masters tested their apprentices from time to time.

This would test Darth Vader most of all.

—The Last of The Jedi: A Tangled Web

There could be only one answer. Ferus could be one of the few left in the galaxy capable of becoming a Sith apprentice. Capable of being trained, capable of rising to the heights of power.

Of course it was laughable to think this could be the case. But perhaps his Master didn't think it so laughable.

He(Vader) nodded to his driver, who pushed the speeder engines and lifted the craft into the air. He would control this situation. Sauro was not the problem now.

Ferus Olin was.

"I am here to demonstrate that peace and stability in the galaxy are possible only through me." The Emperor looked over the city of Sath below them, at the artificial fingers of sand that stretched out into the aquamarine sea. "You are standing at a crossroads, Ferus Olin. You should consider where you truly belong. You flourished at the Jedi Temple. You thrived under its rules, its structure. What I am building is much better. A central clearing house in which the politics and stability of the galaxy are acted on by wise minds."

—The Last of The jedi: Return of The Dark Side(Emperor Palpatine to Ferus)

Let Malorum try to handle the intruder(Ferus). He(Darth Vader) hadn't expected that with all those prowler droids and stormtroopers at his disposal, Malorum would be incompetent enough to fail.

—The Last of The Jedi: Return of The Dark Side.

Ferus couldn't miss the contempt in the man's tone.

"I didn't recognize you at first," the caretaker continued, his hands in the soil as he carefully pulled out a weed. "Now I know who you are. You fought them and defied them and made them look like fools. And now you're one of them."

—The Last of The Jedi: Secret Weapon

"It is time for you to take a second-in-command, Lord Vader" he(Emperor Palpatine) said, chuckling. "And I think Ferus Olin is perfect for the job."

—The Last of The Jedi: Master of Deception

Ferus Olin was decades away from his apprenticeship at the Jedi Temple, a sanctuary that no longer existed. And yet, even from beyond the grave, Master Obi-Wan Kenobi still had the ability to make him feel like a rebellious Padawan. Not that Ferus had ever been a rebellious Padawan. He'd done everything he was told, accepted every order without question, performed every task perfectly and without hesitation-until the day he'd made a fateful mistake, and someone had been killed. Not just someone. A friend.

And not just my mistake, he thought. Anakin's, too.

Excerpt From: Hidalgo, Pablo. “The Essential Reader's Companion: Star Wars.” iBooks.(Dmb quote)

Ferus had walked away from the Jedi Order. Forever, he thought. And yet here he was, decades later, learning at the feet of a Master all over again.

—Star Wars: Rebel Force: Renegade

Ferus Olin, after all these years. A fairy-tale hero from his(Lune Divinian’s) childhood. Ferus, who'd had all the answers.

“Palpatine commands that Ferus report directly to him, a show of favoritism that rankles Lord Vader.”

Excerpt From: Hidalgo, Pablo. “The Essential Reader's Companion: Star Wars.” (Dmb quote)

Lightsaber Skill

No Caption Provided

Due to his emphasis on conserving energy and pacing himself in battle, I believe that Ferus may have been a practitioner of either Makashi, Ataru or Soresu and he perhaps even trained in Juyo as an apprentice due to his brush with the “enjoyment of battle” I would say it isn’t that farfetched for Ferus to know Juyo since he was the most praised and mature of all students, not to mention he was able to recognize a Juyo maneuver, which implies that he held knowledge of the form from his time in the temple. As a grown man, Ferus’ style was a combination of Juyo, Dun Moch and possibly Ataru as he had learned to incorporate physical strikes into his lightsaber sequences while leading the Bellasan resistance and he often used Dun Moch on both Darth Vader and the Grand Inquisitor Malorum.

Ferus duels a tired and hungry Anakin Skywalker. The two rivals go back and forth until Anakin draws on the Dark Side and wins.

He was tired. So tired that he almost missed the blur at the corner of his vision. A lightsaber had been activated and someone hurled at him from a tree branch above. It was another one of Soara's sudden attacks. She had enlisted another Padawan to surprise him

Anakin forgot his fatigue and jumped back just in time. To his dismay, he saw that his attacker was Ferus Olin.

If only it had been anyone else! Anakin didn't like to see Ferus under the best of circumstances. He certainly didn't want to fight him when he was tired and hungry.

Soara appeared on top of the waterfall where she could watch. He knew he had no choice. As Ferus came at him with a somersaulting reversal, Anakin kicked into fight mode. She had sent the best Padawan fighter in the Temple against him. She wanted to see what he would do.

He would win.

What Soara could not know was that this time, friendship would not gentle him. Not with Ferus.

Ferus was starting out slowly. He would fight smart. He would save his energy and pace himself. Anakin decided to surprise him.

He launched an assault so fierce that he saw Ferus's eyes flare with astonishment. Ferus retreated fast, needing to collect himself. Anakin came after him, swinging his training lightsaber without pause. He almost touched him, but Ferus twisted away just in time, turning the movement into a twisting leap. He surprised Anakin by immediately swinging back a backward blow. Anakin ducked, feeling the whistle of air created by the power of Ferus's swipe.

Ferus was tall and solid, but he was also agile. He was expert at using the ground.

Unlike Tru, he used both hands equally well. The rocky terrain was perfect for his style

He jumped, spun, and leaped, keeping Anakin off guard. Now he was driving the battle. Anakin did not know how Ferus had regained the upper hand, but he wasn't happy about it. He was reacting to Ferus's moves instead of the other way around. What was Soara thinking?

Anakin feinted to his left and then leaped straight ahead. To his dismay, Ferus dropped to the floor and rolled underneath Anakin, then sprang up in one smooth movement. He was behind him now. Anakin had only a split second before he felt the touch of the lightsaber on his shoulder. It only just missed his neck. When he twisted away, he saw the gleam of triumph in Ferus's eyes.

Fury roared through him. Ferus wanted to humiliate him in front of Soara!

He did something Ferus would never expect him to do. He copied Ferus's move, dropping to his knees and rolling underneath him as he made his next leap. He flipped up onto his feet and then charged at the rock wall.

The Force entered him. He felt it. He saw the rock wall as a shifting shape, ready to receive him. He sprang off the wall and straight over Ferus's head. It seemed the easiest thing in the galaxy to simply lean down and touch the side of Ferus's neck with his lightsaber.

He landed and looked up. Soara had seen everything. He had never fought so well.

She called down from the cliff, "Thank you, Ferus. Stay there, Anakin. "

"Good fight," Ferus said, sticking the training lightsaber in his belt. "Except for one thing."

"What one thing?" Anakin asked, irritated. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with his sleeve.

Ferus only smiled. Then he walked off.

Anakin jammed the lightsaber hilt into his belt. No one could get to him like Ferus could.

Soara walked toward him. "That was your last lesson," she said.

Anakin was surprised and pleased. She must have seen how seamlessly he had connected with the Force.

"Before this, I had been impressed with your gifts," Soara said. "I had thought you had the potential to be one of the great Jedi fighters of all time. I thought I could teach you. Now I have grave doubts about you, Anakin."

Anakin couldn't believe what he was hearing. "What did I do wrong?"

"That question is the problem," Soara said, shaking her head. "That is what is wrong. You don't know what you did. Didn't you feel your anger, Anakin? Didn't you realize it was fueling the battle?"

"Obi-Wan told you that Ferus and I do not get along," Anakin said sullenly.

"Obi-Wan didn't need to tell me," Soara snapped. "I saw it. Not from Ferus. From you."

"He wanted to win," Anakin said. "I saw triumph in his eyes when he surprised me."

"And it made you angry." Soara sighed. "Ferus did not fight from his emotion, Anakin. If you saw triumph in his eyes, he absorbed it and went on. That is the lesson you must learn. You will feel the emotion. You must let it go."

—Jedi Quest: Master of Disguise

Even as a Padawan, Ferus is renown for his agility and strength. His fighting prowess are considered to be without flaw.

He(Anakin) even felt a kinship with Ferus. He did not want to be Ferus's friend, but he was glad to have him at his side during a battle. Ferus was known for his strength and agility. His moves were flawless. Yet he did not fight only for himself, but cast his battle mind like a net, ready to respond to the others if they needed him. When four sentry droids bore down on Anakin, it was Ferus who leaped, smashing two of them to the ground with one stroke.

—Jedi Quest: The Moment of Truth

Ferus protects Chancellor Palpatine from several assassin droids.

Obi-Wan saw Palpatine at last. He stood on a tier far below, facing out toward the melee. Ferus stood in front of him, angling his lightsaber to fend off blaster bolts fired by the droids. Palpatine hardly noticed the Jedi protecting him. His bleak gaze swept the chamber

—Jedi Quest: The False Peace

Obi-Wan leaped, then leaped again. Just below, Teda ran. Ferus had turned to deal with a storm of blaster fire from five droids heading his way. Far below Ferus, Siri had seen nothing. Anakin had made his way down to the Senate floor and was on his way back up again. He had landed in alarge pod and was in the middle of protecting an entire delegation.

Obi-Wan continued to make his way down, slicing through droids as he went. The Senate chamber was filled with shouts and screams, the smoke of blasters, and the unmistakable smell of fear.

Teda was only a few steps from Palpatine when Ferus moved. Obi-Wan had never seen him turn, had never seen him notice Teda, yet suddenly, Ferus's arm moved backward. Without even looking, he took out the lead seeker droid that had been targeting Teda.

Then Ferus turned his full attention to the droids. He Force-leaped upward, the bronze glow of his lightsaber a constantly moving presence, arcing and circling, slashing, flipping backward, moving forward.

Even as he leaped down the final meters toward Ferus, Obi-Wan saw the droids fall. Only one remained. Teda drew a blaster to fire at Ferus, but the droid suddenly dipped and fired, and Teda fell, smoke rising from the exit wound in his back. Ferus slashed the droid in half and bent over Teda. Obi- Wan could see by the posture of Ferus's body that it was too late.

Obi-Wan landed at last. "Good work, Ferus." Ferus's mouth was tight. "I was too late."

Even though Teda was an enemy of the Jedi, Ferus felt he had failed.

Obi-Wan repeated the words he had spoken, this time in a gentle tone. "Good work, Ferus."

Here, Ferus alongside Anakin, Tru Veld and Darra Thanis along with their masters fight the vicious Tuk'ata

He needed to hit a vulnerable spot. He saw Ferus and Siri attack a tuk'ata together, moving in rhythm. Perhaps he should have waited for his own Master, but with a quick look over his shoulder Anakin saw that Obi-Wan was occupied with two tuk'ata at once, while Ry-Gaul and Tru were racing to help.

The creature swiped at him again, and, anticipating the move, Anakin ducked and rolled, trying to strike up into the beast's chest, where he assumed a blow would kill it. To his surprise, the stinger landed on his arm. He had not expected that range of motion. Instantly, his arm was on fire, though the stinger had barely licked him. Anakin flipped his lightsaber to his other hand, cursing his luck. The tuk'ata struck, no doubt following up on his advantage. While its prey was immobilized by the poison, the beast would finish him off.

But Anakin was able to flip backward and strike, this time burying his lightsaber in the middle of the creature's head. He heard the sizzle and smelled the smoke. The yellow eyes rolled, and the creature fell dead. Ry-Gaul and Tru had been outflanked by two tuk'ata. Obi-Wan had his hands full with one massive beast, bigger and fiercer than the rest.

Anakin leaped on the back of the tuk'ata bearing down on his Master, hoping to distract it. The beast reared up, both stingers waving, while Anakin did a quick and elusive dance to avoid their sting. Obi-Wan advanced, striking the tuk'ata with a series of hard blows.

The creature staggered. Anakin was able to slash at the creature's neck before he was thrown off. The tuk'ata screamed, rearing, and Anakin and Obi-Wan leaped out of its way. It toppled and thrashed and then was still. They were already moving, turning to charge one of the tuk'ata who was after Tru. With a roar, it turned on them instead, circling and striking, trying to get claws and teeth embedded into Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan used his liquidcable launcher and anchored it on the creature's horn.

Using the cable, he swung up and out, his lightsaber a blur of motion as he attacked again and again. The creature howled, trying to claw Obi-Wan away. Anakin was able to deliver the death blow in the chest. Obi-Wan swung off the creature and landed, his boots thudding on the dirt.

At last all the tuk'ata lay dead or dying, their cries echoing off the stones of the mountain.

The cries of the tuk'ata mingled with the buzz of lightsabers as the Jedi met their attacks with moves and counter-moves. The tide of the battle was turning. Five tuk'ata lay dead, and two were mortally wounded.

Anakin and Obi-Wan were able to team up with Ry-Gaul and Tru first alternately feinting to confuse the creature, and then slicing it into several pieces.

Soara and Darra, working together in their usual flawless teamwork, had somehow kept two tuk'ata at bay. Wounded, the two counterattacked, but Darra and Soara were too fast, too agile, and too strong.

At last all the tuk'ata lay dead or dying, their cries echoing off the stones of the mountain.

—Jedi Quest: The Final Showdown

Obi-Wan remarks that even as a Padawan, Ferus was incredibly talented

The Ferus he(Obi-Wan) had known as a boy had been a careful rule-follower. His skills had been excellent…

Ferus deflects blaster fire with excellent accuracy despite spending several years without using a Lightsaber or the Force.

He pulled, and Ferus came up, propelled by his own strength and by the strength of the Force. Ferus swung one leg over the airspeeder and Obi-Wan pushed the engines hard. The speeder rocketed up, wobbling a bit from the added weight of Ferus and whatever had fallen off that had compromised its balance.

The blaster fire began. Obi-Wan had to deal with the speeder. He tossed the lightsaber back to Ferus. Ferus jumped to stand on the airspeeder.

He could see, out of the corner of his eye, how fast arid accurate Ferus was, deflecting blaster fire on the weaving vehicle. He kept pace with the turns, amazingly able to balance without falling off. Obi-Wan careened down the wide hallway. It was hard to negotiate such a tight space on an air-speeder, especially one that wasn't balanced, and he was afraid of knocking Ferus off.

After being injured by a beast and gaining his lightsaber, Ferus fights off Stormtroopers with some effort.

He scanned the stormtroopers, now below him. They were facing forward, blaster rifles held at the ready. No doubt they were waiting for orders on their headsets. Behind the lines the mobile grenade launcher hovered. He saw the stormtrooper on the front platform with his hands on the controls.

Now or never.

He swung out into midair, flipped his body over, missed ramming the cave wall by a hair, and landed on the narrow ledge. He rolled as far back as he could, concealing himself in the shadows. His heart hammered as he waited, wondering whether a grenade would blast him into the sky.

Nothing happened. They hadn't seen him. So far, so good.

Ferus felt the Force gather. Garen. Garen had accessed it and it was growing.

Ferus leaped over the heads of the attacking stormtroopers. But if those stormtroopers didn't see him, the ones on the mobile mortar did, clattering it to life. Grenades flew through the air, heading toward him in midair. Garen's lightsaber felt balanced in his hand, and the blue shaft glowed. He deflected the grenades as they whizzed toward him, batting them down to the stormtroopers below.

It felt extraordinary to have a lightsaber back in his hand. His training came back to him, and he didn't have to push for it. It was there in the way he moved, there in the precise angle of his attack.

He landed on the mobile platform, his boots connecting with the stormtrooper and sending him flying off the platform. He slid into the seat, reversed the repulsorlift engine with a jerk, gunning the motor to capacity. The stormtrooper behind fell off.

The battalion scattered before him as he hit them with a barrage of grenades. He could use the mortar to enter the cave and swoop up Garen.

But suddenly the mortar pitched to the side. The stormtrooper had suddenly leaped back aboard. Ferus felt the heat of a blaster bolt by his ear. He ducked, trying to wield his lightsaber at the same time. It was a difficult move, but one he could have easily managed in his youth. Now his lightsaber skills were rusty and he was just a bit off balance. To Ferus's horror, he began to fall off the mortar as the stormtrooper aimed his blaster and fired.

So. Maybe I'm not as up to speed as I thought I was.

He felt the searing heat in his shoulder. He was blown back off the mortar and hit the ground hard.

Okay. A gorgodon uses me as a punching bag and an evil vision throws me around like a laserball. Now I've been shot with a blaster. Not a good day.

He saw the mortar stop in midair and spin. It was coming back for him.

Fury pounded through him. Fury at himself. He'd blown it. It was going to end here for him, outside the caves of Ilum. The most sacred place to the Jedi, and here his bones would lie. The Force slowed down time, and he reactivated his lightsaber. He couldn't move out of the way of the coming barrage in time, he knew that, but he would join the Force still fighting.

He saw a shimmer out of the corner of his eye, a flicker of light. Something was falling from the sky.

Suddenly, an explosion of light sent him crashing back to the ground.

An alpha charge. A small blast thrown right on the mobile mortar. Then another, and another.

The grenades went up in a huge blast. Ferus rolled down the slope, tumbling, anything to get away from that terrible heat. He came to rest by knocking his head against a boulder.

He saw Trever in a fighter, releasing explosives onto the squad below, with a bulkier transport ship in pursuit. The stormtroopers went scurrying for cover.

Ferus Olin deflects blaster fire from twenty Stormtroopers.

The Force surged, a warning, only a half second before he heard the door open.

He really had to work on his Force connection. What was the use of a warning if suddenly twenty stormtroopers appeared in your face?

"Whoa!" Trever dived to the floor as blaster fire streaked through the air. Ferus's lightsaber danced, deflecting the bolts.

He spoke urgently under the cover of the noise. "There's another exit by the stoves. Go, now!" He barked out the order, and Trever took off, running in a crazy pattern that made it hard for the stormtroopers to get a fix on him. Ferus retreated, keeping his lightsaber moving, and thinking, as a Jedi would, three steps ahead.

Ferus and The Erased fight a number of thugs. Here, Ferus show cases his proficiency with blaster redirection and is regarded as ferocious and powerful with his fighting style.

Then he saw them. The gang had materialized, seemingly out of thin air, but Trever now saw the narrow passageway that snaked off the arched walk. Keets had pushed him out of the way of a stun dart just in time. Trever looked up and saw that Oryon had already reached for his light repeating blaster from his back holster. Keets held a blaster pistol in his hand. Now Trever saw the streaks of blaster fire in the darkness, a steady barrage, as the gang moved forward. There were at least fifteen of them, each more brutal-looking than the rest.

Ferus was already running, his lightsaber sweeping in a continually moving arc. The attackers were clearly startled at the ferocity and power he exhibited, not to mention the blaster fire that suddenly

boomeranged back at them. They kept firing as they retreated, shouting curses at Ferus and promising to kill him.

Oryon and Hume kept up a position on Ferus's flank, each of them firing their weapons. Keets and Rhya were only slightly behind, while Gilly and Spence split up and began to chase the gang as they gave up firing and fled.

—The Last of the Jedi: Underworld

Here, a tired Ferus Olin and the graceful Fy-Tor-Ana, now known as Solace; fight a number of Imperial attack. Here the two destroy a patrol squad of droids in second

Malorum and his officers had withdrawn most of the stormtroopers, but they had left attack droids to continue the patrols, to prevent interference from intruders. Ferus bounded toward the first group as it wheeled to engage them. His lightsaber moved rapidly as he mowed through them from one side while Solace took the other. She was all movement and no wasted motion, her lightsaber a blur. She was faster and better than Ferus and together they destroyed the droids in only seconds. They met in the middle and raced through the gap they'd created, smoke rising around them.

—The Last of The Jedi: Underworld.

Here, Ferus duels and defeats the first ever Grand Inquisitor of the Galactic Empire, Malorum.

Ferus's increased his speed, mowing down stormtroopers that got in his way: The thud of his boots sounded out his purpose. He held his lightsaber aloft.

He burst through the grand double doors of the hangars. Amid the gleaming ships and stacks of cartons he saw the flicker of a red cape. Malorum had seen him and was running away. He chased him down a long hallway that connected to another grand building.

The hallway opened up into a gigantic circular area. Platforms and bridges were stacked hundreds of meters high. The space was filled with a low-level hum. He was in the Theed power generator.

The knowledge thudded through his brain. This was where the great Jedi Master, Qui-Gon Jinn, had fallen. Every Padawan had heard the story.

It was here, Ferus thought. This is the place Obi-Wan fought Darth Maul to the death.

But now it was different. He wasn't fighting a Sith. He was fighting an Imperial Inquisitor - skilled, with powerful weapons, yes. But not a Sith.

Then Malorum turned, baring his teeth in a smile. And showed Ferus his lightsaber.

CHAPTER TWENTY

Ferus was startled. He and Obi-Wan had both felt that Malorum was a Force-sensitive. But that was a long way from being proficient with a lightsaber.

Where had he received lightsaber training? Malorum held the lightsaber easily in a classic ready stance, the red shaft projecting downward.

Ferus circled him slowly, holding his dark gaze. So. A former Jedi and a Sith pretender were about to fight. Interesting.

Malorum charged. The two lightsabers clashed. Ferus felt a surprising amount of power from Malorum. Maybe this wouldn't be so easy.

But it would be done.

He whirled around in a one-hundred-eighty degree turn, kicking out with his foot at the same moment. He missed Malorum's chin by a whisker.

Ferus liked to fight with his boots as well as his lightsaber. He had learned to fight without a lightsaber when he'd been a regular citizen of Bellassa. Sometimes that meant fighting dirty. Looking for openings, using whatever materials came to hand. He could still street-fight if he had to.

He fought without urgency just yet, circling Malorum, challenging him, watching him for weaknesses. Ferus ticked them off in his head. Malorum relied on agility but had little grace. He had strength but did not know how to use it effectively. But most of all - and this was what Ferus was sure would defeat him - Ferus could feel Malorum's emotion in his style. Anger fueled his attacks. It was a mistake many made. Not a Jedi.

After feints and attacks, they came to a long passage with curving walls. A series of energy gates ran down it. Electron rays pulsed in a rhythmic fashion. Ferus remembered this from the story he'd heard as a Padawan. The energy gates had slowed Obi-Wan and he'd been unable to come to his Master's aid in his final battle with Darth Maul. In those crucial seconds, he'd watched Qui-Gon receive the fatal blow and fall, right before his eyes.

Here he was in the middle of a battle, and he was suddenly pierced with a sharp sympathy for Obi-Wan. For the past weeks he'd been intimidated by the Jedi Master, irritated by his silences, upset at his decisions. Now he fully realized how little he understood of what lay beneath.

I can't imagine what he's seen. How he's suffered. What he's lost.

He made it through the first energy gate but suddenly they buzzed shut behind and ahead of him. Malorum was in the next chamber. How odd it was to see your enemy and be unable to move.

He could just make out Malorum's words.

"You can't stop me," Malorum said. "You can only slow me down."

"Oh, I'll stop you," Ferus replied. "Even though I'll miss our conversations."

The energy gates sprang open. Ferus jumped forward, swinging his lightsaber. Malorum parried and came a little too close to connecting to Ferns's shoulder. He had to leap backward, and the energy gates shut again.

"I've learned from the best," Malorum grunted through his teeth.

"Siri Tachi. Obi-Wan Kenobi. Soara Antana. Yoda himself." Ferus didn't know if Malorum could hear him, but he felt the names of his teachers resonate inside him like a powerful chant. "You don't know what the best is."

The energy gates opened again and Ferus surged forward, driving Malorum backward. "Want to be a Sith, Malorum?" he taunted. "Is that it? Palpatine's puppy is tired of biting ankles?"

Rage darkened Malorum's face. Good. Exactly what he'd hoped.

Malorum sprang forward in a fast combination that Ferus had a tough time parrying. The dark side of the Force hummed with him now as his anger grew.

Okay, maybe it was time for a new strategy.

Malorum reversed directions and was able to run out onto a catwalk. Ferus leaped to follow him. He wondered if Malorum was heading for an exit. He knew if Malorum was able to get out of here, he would lose him. It was almost as if Malorum knew the way and was leading him on. Maybe he was trying to lead him back to the Imperial army, hoping they were still fighting.

They fought furiously now, using every inch of catwalk. They fought around the deep central core, hundreds of meters down. Ferus used his advantage of Force agility to leap and somersault, giving power to his thrusts. He fought using the lightsaber only, saving another kick or an elbow for when he needed it, when Malorum wouldn't be looking for it.

He pushed Malorum back, forcing him to rely on balance to avoid falling into the pit below. Malorum twisted and turned, but he was beginning to sweat.

Ferus saw his chance. He left himself slightly open, and Malorum charged. As he came in, Ferus slammed his elbow directly into Malorum's forehead. It stunned him for a split second, and Ferus used the hilt of his lightsaber to smash Malorum's lightsaber out of his hands. The lightsaber shot outward, directly over the pit.

Malorum's mouth opened in a cry that echoed off the walls. "No!" he shouted. Ferus could feel the Force pulsing as Malorum leaped into the air, straining to catch the lightsaber as it spun. Straining to harness the Force to push the lightsaber hilt toward him and carry him safely to the next catwalk.

Don't . . strain ... Ferus watched Malorum make the elemental mistake of any early-year Jedi student.

He saw that Malorum was blinded by need. If he lost the lightsaber, he would be disgraced. He would never be a Sith.

Malorum's lightsaber dropped like a stone. Still in midair, Malorum lost his grip on the Force. His cape flapped around him, and Ferus saw the panic in his eyes.

Then he dropped down, down, down, into the central core. And Obi-Wan's secret went with him.

Ferus holds off an entire battalion of Stormtroopers by himself.

Solace gunned the engines and soared away from the flying debris. She hovered outside in the air while Roan manned the laser cannons. He made one accurate shot, blasting one droideka and sending the flaming mass of metal into the other one.

Ferus rolled to his feet, coughing out the dust. "Discord missile!" he shouted, spotting one in the air. He knew from his Clone Wars service that it was filled with a flock of buzz droids, those lethal droids that could adhere to a starfighter going at top speed and drill into it, disabling it in seconds.

Solace dove away, but the discord missile kept tracking.

Lune suddenly sent his laser lasso flying. It was a clean red line in the air, flying outward toward the missile. Ferus held his breath. He could feel the Force in the air as Lune unknowingly used it to guide the lasso. Lune may not have been aware of what the Force was, but his mother was in danger and he would make it work for him.

Thinking frantically, Ferus jumped onto a small airspeeder. He shepherded Trever and Lune inside, then started the engine. "Drive!" he ordered Trever. He leaped onto the back of the speeder, lightsaber in hand, and deflected fire. Trever took off.

The lasso snaked around the missile, hard enough to yank it slightly off course. It crashed into the side of the hangar. Solace zoomed away, under fire from the ground now.More stormtroopers were spilling up the ramp, blaster rifles firing. Ferus released Trever and kept the two boys behind him as his lightsaber arced in the air, deflecting fire. While he moved backward, he considered what to do. Solace was circling around, trying to avoid fire and get back inside the hangar. The battalion was between her and Ferus. More were coming every moment. One of them fired a missile and it hit only meters away. Ferus felt the heat of the blast on his face. Thinking frantically, Ferus jumped onto a small airspeeder. He shepherded Trever and Lune inside, then started the engine. "Drive!" he ordered Trever. He leaped onto the back of the speeder, lightsaber in hand, and deflected fire. Trever took off.

As a Padawan, Ferus demonstrates showings of what is clearly the beginning signs of a Juyo practitioner. He later states that he had gone to jedi masters with this situation and eventually learned to control it, implying that he was one of the few Jedi to allowed undergo Juyo training. This would make sense as the Jedi Order constantly praised Ferus and he had always been known for his maturity amongst them.

"Master, I've been thinking about something," he said. "I feel myself growing stronger in the Force. On this last mission . . . when we fought ... I was . . . happy."

She opened one eye and looked at him. "Do you mean, when we fought side by side on Meldazar together, you felt pleasure in how you could move, could bring down your enemy with one stroke?"

"Yes." Ferus felt ashamed. "Is that wrong?"

"Well." She raised herself on her elbows. Sunlight picked out bright individual strands in her blond hair, which she'd recently cropped even shorter than usual.

"Yes," she said. "It is wrong to attach emotion in a battle. It's wrong to feel pleasure when an enemy falls. A Jedi should feel regret - regret that a life has been taken, regret that a physical battle had to be fought at all. But the Force gives us great gifts, Ferus. It isn't wrong to take pleasure in your own gifts. To take pleasure in your mastery of skill. It's a struggle for every Jedi to attain balance, sometimes even for Jedi Masters. Look at Mace Windu. His style is Form VII. What do you know about Form VII?"

"That only the best fighters can control it."

"Exactly. It can bring you close to the dark side, to what the Sith focus on. But Mace Windu can control it. My point is that even Mace Windu must acknowledge this danger, of the pleasure in power. That's the only way he can dismiss it. In other words, my perpetually worried Padawan" - Ferus remembered her smile, the rare smile that was gentle, not mischievous or mocking - "the fact that you ask the question guards you against the dangers of it."

It had been a typical Jedi response. If you are aware of a problem, you take the first step toward eliminating it. Helpful at the time, but that was when he had a Temple to go to, Jedi Masters around him. All that careful study, all those simple and profound rules of the order - they had answered his every doubt.

Was leaving the Jedi a relief in a way because he never had to think about that again?

—The Last of The Jedi: Return to The Dark Side

Ferus defeats prowler droids casually.

Ferus activated his lightsaber. Flame's eyes grew wide.

"Did I mention he once trained to be a Jedi?" Trever asked.\

Ferus charged into the hallway. The prowler droids immediately darted toward him like a flock of angry birds. He leaped up, slashing the first one into smoking bits, then reversed and took out two more. Meanwhile the spider droids sent blaster fire his way. He deflected, it back to one, which burst into flame. He took out the other spider droid and casually sliced the last prowler in two with a backward swipe as he strode to the door.

He heard Flame's soft voice from down the hall. "No, Trever. You didn't mention it."

—The Last of The Jedi: Return to The Dark Side

Here, Ferus recognizes a move from that Darth Vader used, a move that was a combination of Ataru and one of Juyo. While many would argue that he merely recognized the forms in the same way Luminara Unduli recognized Asajj Ventress’ Makashi fighting style, I would counter with this. Unlike Luminara, Ferus was able to recognize the move of Forms, Ataru and Juyo. What’s more Juyo was a form taught only to a select few within the Order, there is no way Ferus would have been able to recognize Juyo unless he studied it. Thus this here would further establish him as a Juyo practitioner.

Ferus suddenly sat up. He had heard a voice as clearly as if it had been spoken aloud.

Break it down, Ferus.

Obi-Wan? That was what he would say, in that cool way that could be so annoying.

Break down the movement; don't see it as a blur. You 're a Jedi - yes, you are! - so be a Jedi.

He didn't feel like a Jedi. But he would obey that voice and try to break it down.

He closed his eyes and grabbed the memory. This time he struggled to leave his feelings behind. He had to see it clear.

He saw Darth Vader move now. He saw the curl of his cape. The way he turned his body, the position of his feet, the way his arm moved. He had used a classic Jedi shun move, rotating the lightsaber 360 degrees, but the rotation had moved so fast he'd been unable to track it.

Break it down.

Form IV. Then Form VII, the most advanced Jedi form. Done aggressively, with impeccable control.

Coldness gripped his heart. Jedi moves.

The movement had been done with a grace and finesse that rendered it not part of a drill but part of Vader's body. He brought an individual flair to it that made it his own.

Something familiar about that form. An aggression, a confidence ... It struck a memory he couldn't touch. But who could it be?

If he could only know how old Vader was. Had he been on the Council? Such expertise suggested it.

I know him. I know the way he moves.

But everyone he'd studied with was dead. He couldn't say for certain that every Jedi he'd ever met was dead, but he knew the fate of all the Padawans. It had to have been an instructor, or perhaps a Jedi Master who had been away for long periods, so long he had lost his connection to the Jedi Temple, and Palpatine had exploited it. ...

How could a Jedi be turned? It didn't seem possible, not to any Jedi he had personally known.

This is perhaps one of Ferus’s more impressive feats. Here Ferus fights Vader. While at first glance it is only somewhat impressive. it should be noted that before this fight Vader moves with incredible speed during their first initial battle, and here, Ferus duels with him somewhat evenly, even striking Vader with his blade several times.

It happened before he could get out another word. Faster than an eyeblink. Faster than he'd seen anyone move, anyone except Yoda.

The lightsaber hadn't been there, and then it was, and the lightsaber was a blur. Vader moved without seeming to move, and the lightsaber sliced into Roan, straight into his chest. Straight into his heart.

Roan fell to his knees. At first, pain filmed his gaze but he didn't flinch, he just looked at Ferus. Looked long and hard and said many things in the space of a second.

Don't give yourself away for me.

Amie cried out and knelt to support Roan. Ferus ran forward and caught him as he fell. He didn't care about his cover, he didn't even care about Roan's warning, he only knew the remarkable pain he felt.

Roan reached out for Ferus's forearm, his fingers slipping off. Ferus picked up Roan's hand and placed it on his arm. Then he put his hand on Roan's other arm in their private greeting, their private farewell. He squeezed Roan's arm, wishing he could pass his strength into him.

He'd seen enough of death to know it was too late. "Farewell, brother," he whispered. He felt Roan's spirit lift, he felt it fly.

And he was left alone.

So alone that there was no thought, only rage so black it blotted everything else out.

He launched himself at Darth Vader, his lightsaber in his hand.

Chapter Nineteen

His lightsaber came down on empty air.

He thought he'd have the element of surprise, at least, but Vader had expected the attack. He had wanted it. He had provoked it. He had killed Roan to provoke Ferus. There was no other explanation for it, and it served to fuel Ferus's rage.

Roan had died for this?

Ferus heard Amie shout, but he couldn't focus on anything but his own need to plunge his lightsaber deep into Vader. He whirled and attacked again, but Vader again was gone, moving with a speed and lightness that was surprising considering his body armor.

Ferus felt the dark side of the Force fill the air, choking him. And suddenly his body was wrenched forward, and he hung in the air like a puppet. He looked down at Vader's helmet.

"I am bored," Darth Vader said. He placed his glowing lightsaber against Ferus's neck.

Ferus waited to be killed. He looked into that helmet and felt the stirring of something ... personal. A hatred deep in a black heart, a hatred so big it was directed not so much at Ferus but at what he represented.

What is the source of his hate?

Stormtroopers suddenly filled the hallway, their blaster rifles held in attack mode. Ferus felt the grip of the Force ease, and he crashed to the floor.

"Take him. And her. And take that one away." Vader's order was crisp.

"And the weapon, sir?"

Vader turned and looked down at the lightsaber hilt still in Ferus's hand. "He can keep it. As a reminder of his failure."

He turned and walked down the hall and disappeared.

The stormtroopers dragged Roan away like a sack of grain.

Ferus felt them lift him, force him to walk alongside Amie. Prison again. Execution, most certainly. He didn't care.

Here Ferus relives that scene

The lightsaber moved so fast, it was as though it jumped from Vader's hand. The mortal strike was assured and driven by the Force, the dark side that surrounded Vader and pulsed steadily from him. He had only been a blur.

And finally, Ferus duels Darth Vader, matching the Dark Lord in speed and landing several strikes on his old Rival.

Ferus saw the glow of Vader's lightsaber as he activated his own.

This was it, then. The final confrontation.

He was ready. His rage was ice and fire.

He charged.

His first blow was easily parried. He came at Vader again. Again. Circling, jumping, vaulting past him, turning. Each time his lightsaber came toward him, it was eilher deflected in a shock that ran up his arm, Vader simply wasn't there.

"If you cannot even touch me, how can you win?" Darth Vader asked.

Ferus focused on his anger. He remembered Palpatine's words.

There is no limit to what you can do.

He charged at the dark figure again. This time his strike came close. He touched the edge of Vader's cape. He smelled the singed material.

Now, while he's off balance. Now.

"Maybe I'll just get lucky," Ferus said. "Anakin."

Vader came at him with surprising swiftness, but Ferus was able to Force-leap away. Still he sensed that Vader was holding himself back, playing with him for now.

"So you know who I was," Vader said. "Do you think that would make a difference to me? Anakin Skywalker is dead."

"Was it because the Council wouldn't let you become a Master? You always had to struggle with your ego, didn't you?"

"It was never a struggle. I was always the best."

" 'Best' is not a Jedi concept."

"That is the trouble with the Jedi."

Ferus wasn't tired yet, but he knew he was expending too much energy. He was tapping into his anger and fighting better thah he ever had, but it wasn't enough. He had to unsettle Vader. He had to find the key.

He had everything he needed to defeat him, didn't he? He had the Sith Holocron for strength, Vader's true identity in his hand, his own rage. With those tools, he could do it. The Emperor had told him he could. Ferus thought quickly. He wanted to pick the battleground. Someplace that would unsettle the former Jedi.

There - the stairway to the Jedi High Council spire. Ferus started to climb. He knew Vader would follow.

He came out into the circular room. It was half rubble, the seating blackened lumps, the vast transparisteel shattered. Wind whipped through the room.

The Dark Lord entered. The wind blew back his cape. He stood, legs apart, ready for battle. Looking forward to it, Ferus was sure.

"The Emperor cannot protect you now," Vader said.

What next? What could Ferus do to get him off balance? He suddenly had a flash of intuition. He remembered what Keets had told him.

"What about Senator Amidala?" he asked, leaping away from Vader. He faced him, his lightsaber held in an offensive position. "What about Padme? What happened on Mustafar?"

He felt the quake in Vader. He had reached him at last.

"Do not mention her name!"

"I thought it was a lie, that the Jedi killed her," Ferus suddenly understood, the Sith Holocron burning under his tunic. "ft wasn't. You killed her, didn't you? You killed the woman you loved."

Vader's wrath filled the room. Ferus could feel it. Instead of turning away from it, he took it. He filled himself with it.

This is what the Emperor meant. This is the last step.

He flew across the room and this time he landed a blow.

Vader roared. It was a howl of fury, inarticulate, undisciplined. Totally unlike his usual icy control. The control box on his chest started to smoke.

Stones in the floor ripped out and were flung toward Ferus. He dodged them, rolling and twisting away. A blackened piece of furniture flew across the chamber and smashed into the wall over his head.

Anything that could be torn from the floor or walls came at him - conduits, debris, hunks of stone. He dodged and weaved, attacking and retreating as Vader hit him with everything he had.

"How did you kill her, Anakin? Did you lose control? Did you see her die, Anakin? Is that why you wanted Zan Arbor to perfect that drug? Was it for you, Anakin? So you could forget her? So you could forget your wife?"

Another roar from Vader. part of the ceiling gave way. Durasteel melted, smoke rose from the debris. Ferus leaped over a gaping hole in the floor and attacked Vader again, but his lightsaber cut through empty air.

The anger inside Ferus was now like liquid fuel inside him. He was feeding off Vader's rage, he was pushing every molecule of his body and feeling every molecule of the room respond to him. Everything was clear, hard-edged. His body obeyed him without any hesitation, and his mind was focused. He had no doubt that he could defeat Vader. No doubt.

And that was what the dark side brought him.

When he won, when he defeated him, he could take the victory to the Emperor, and he could be greater than Darth Vader, more powerful than even the Chosen One had been.

He charged at Vader and made contact. Vader waited a beat too long to deflect him. The blow shuddered off his body arrnor. Something inside fused and the plastoid melted. Ferus could smell buming circuits. At the same time, he detected a tremor in Vader's arm.

Suddenly he was picked up and slammed against the wall. He fought to hold onto his consciousness.

"Don't . . . get . . . cocky," Vader said.

Ferus rolled away from the blow that followed, barely escaping. He looked up. For a moment Vader was just a shape at the side of the room. For a moment, a trick of the eye or the light, he saw the room as it had been. The seats were restored, the air traffic outside flashing, the potent energy of the Force filling the room because the Jedi Masters were still alive.

Ferus felt it invade him, the sense of peace and light.

No, push it away! Listen to us! You could have been a great Jedi Knight, and they let you go! They never appreciated you!

It was true, wasn't it? Ferus saw himself as a Padawan, standing before the Masters. Taking responsibility for something that wasn't his fault. Tru's lightsaber. He had fixed it secretly. . . .

He remembered that day. He remembered the compassion in that room.

Another vision came to him, of himself as a Padawan, accepting responsibility for what he had done. The Jedi Masters sorrowful, showing him the two paths he could take. He could have stayed. He chose to go.

His choice.

The room returned to its ruined state. He was crouching, breathing hard.

Connect.

The Force was still here in the ancient stones.

The stories of all the Jedi who had lived and died here, they were here, too. His story was here. Not as distinguished as most, shorter than many, but his. He had followed the path for as long as he could, as well as he could, and the Masters had never asked for more than that.

He felt the wisdom of the Masters inside him, and he gripped that feeling with his hands and let it fill his heart. He rose. He had no doubt that they had reached out and touched him. Many hands on his shoulder, showing him. Here is one way. Here is another. Choose.

He had come so close.

He walked out of the dark side and into the light.

I am a Jedi.

Now he knew with absolute certainty that he had to be rid of the Sith Holocron. It had been slowly poisoning him. He had been a fool to think he could take what he wanted and not be corrupted. He had fallen into the Emperor's trap. Almost.

He Force-leaped over Vader, surprising him, and let himself fall into the hole in the floor. He heard Vader's chuckle.

"Run like the coward you are!"

The wind whistled past his ears as he fell. He landed safely in the Map Room. He headed for the stairs.

He took each turning at top speed, Force-leaping most of the way. He knew where to go. The heart of the building, the power core. No longer operational, it would still contain enough residual energy, if not to destroy the Sith Holocron, then to damage it. He ran through the hallways and found the central conduit that ran, he knew, straight down to the power core. He reached into his tunic.

You are throwing away your only chance at success.

This is not the kind of success I want.

The voices of darkness were a clamor inside him as he held the Sith Holocron. He threw it in. He felt something rip inside him. It was an agonizing pain that sent him down on his knees. He breathed through it, calling on the Force to help him.

He felt it lift. He was exhausted, but he was free. He was himself again.

Vader came out of nowhere, raising a gloved hand. Ferus felt himself lifted up, over Vader's head. He couldn't breathe.

"You should know before you die that your dream is dead," Vader said. "Don't you know I can bow anyone to my will?"

Ferus was slammed against the wall. He felt himself losing consciousness.

He was glad, in the end, that he would die here at the Temple. With the ghosts of his friends, his mentors, his fellow Jedi. He would become one with the Force in the place he first discovered and nourished it.

—The Last of The Jedi: Reckoning

8-9 after the events of Last of The Jedi: Reckoning, Ferus fights off three men who attempt to kidnap the 8-9 year old princess Leia. Here he displays what I consider to be Form vII, Juyo.

He watches her climb out the window and leap nimbly to the ground. She sprints into the shadows.

He follows.

Ferus knows he could alert Bail Organa to his daughter's departure - but that is not his job. He is only to observe and, when necessary, protect.

He has observed a smart, headstrong girl. Too stubborn and too careless, with a fierce sense of justice. He has seen her pick a fight with a boy twice her size, avenging the ill treatment of a wounded thranta. He has watched her do battle with her father over etiquette and homework and when she will be permitted to accompany him to Coruscant-but none of the arguments have changed the fact that she adores him, studies every move Bail Organa makes, wants to be just like him when she grows up. It is Ferus's job to make sure she has the chance.

Just a job, he reminds himself constantly. Leia charms everyone around her. Such a serious face, such an intense will, in such a young girl. But Ferus knows well the dan-gers of growing attached. It blinds the senses, dulls the instincts. Leia has a large family, a full staff, an entire planet of people to love her. But she has only one who is solely dedicated to protecting her. Love is just a distraction.

The shadows appear just as she approaches the deserted marketplace. For a second, Ferus imagines he sees a pack of wild taopari stalking the young princess. Then his vision resolves itself: They are men, three of them.

But they are stalking her nonetheless.

She notices nothing. She is nearly skipping down the street, arms outstretched to the darkness. He can feel the joy rolling off her in waves. Her anger at her father has dissipated, leaving behind a pure exuberance at being alone in the night. She is free, and the freedom is forbid-den, making it all the sweeter.

She doesn't sense the danger - but Ferus can. He activates his lightsaber. The blue blade shimmers in the night. Ferus stretches out with the Force, and the men's whispers tickle his ears as if he is standing invisibly in their midst.

"Too risky, it's got to be a trap."

"Don't be paranoid, she's on her own. Now's our chance."

"She's just a kid; they wouldn't let her out alone like this."

"Exactly, she's a kid, she probably ran away. They might not even know she's gone yet, and by the time they do, we'll be long gone."

"It's still a risk."

"No risk, no reward. And Senator Aak's going to pay big."

"Bold move, using Organa's daughter to blackmail him."

"Bold and brilliant - if the Senator gets the kid, Organa will vote however he wants. His power's gone."

"We're not gonna hurt her, right? She's a kid."

"You said that already."

"No, we're not gonna hurt her."

"As long as she behaves."

Ferus strikes. He streaks through the dark night, invisible but for his glowing blade. The blade swoops down in a graceful arc, slicing through the largest man's blaster. In a single, fluid move, Ferus whirls around and jabs his foot into a soft, fleshy stomach. There is a quiet "oooof," and the second man drops to the ground. Ferus steps down hard on his wrist, forcing him to drop the laser pistol he's just retrieved.

The third man strikes at Ferus's head. The blaster hilt slams into his skull. Before Ferus can protect himself, another blow lands. There is sharp crack of durasteel on bone. Ferus stumbles backward, dazed. His vision clouds over.

That shouldn't have happened, he thinks, lashing out blindly with his lightsaber. Perhaps the years of inaction have left him soft. Clumsy. Perhaps his connection with the Force is weakening. It wouldn't be the first time.

A laser bolt whizzes by, close enough that he can feel the heat against his cheek. He raises his light-saber, stretching instinctively toward the incoming blasts. As he breathes in deeply, trying to absorb the throbbing pain in his head, blast after blast sparks off the glowing blade.

One of the men he's knocked to the ground is climbing to his feet. He lunges toward Ferus.

"No!" shouts the man with the blaster. "You'll block the shot!"

It is all the opening Ferus needs.

The first man throws a punch. Ferus ducks and grabs his forearm in a durasteel grip. He pulls the struggling man into a tight embrace, using his body as a shield. The blaster bolts stop instantly.

The pain in his head ebbs away, and the moment stretches. He is suddenly clear on how to end this.

The Force is with him again.

Ferus grabs the thug he's using as a shield and flings him toward the man holding the blaster. It is a direct hit. They stumble backward and hit the ground in a tangled heap. The blaster goes flying. Ferus lunges forward and snatches it out of the air. He grips his lightsaber, poised to strike.

But the men stay on the ground. They know this is over.

"I don't want to hurt you," Ferus growls, as the thugs cower beneath him. He suddenly realizes this is a lie. They are enemies of the princess - thus he wants to destroy them.

It is a dangerous emotion, and he allows it to flow through him, leaking away. He has seen what anger can do. It offers a sweet power that he never wants to taste again. Only one of the men is still on his feet, and he takes a step toward Ferus, then thinks better of it. Ferus gestures to the ground with his lightsaber. The man drops down beside his fellow conspirators.

Ferus feels a tinge of battle rush, the dizzy excitement that always follows a victory. It's been so long since he has stood against an enemy face to face. So long since he's gripped his lightsaber with anything but nostalgia and regret.

His lightsaber... They have not seen his face, but they have seen his weapon. If stories spread of a Jedi wandering the streets of Alderaan, it will draw the Empire's scrutiny. He has endangered himself. Which means he has endangered Leia.

Vader would kill them, Ferus thinks suddenly. They are my enemies, they are Leia's enemies. Vader would argue that it is the only way.

There was a time when dark thoughts like that bubbled up inside of him, disguised as his own. The dark side of the Force lay at the bottom of a steep cliff, and he had come far too close to the edge.

Those days are behind him.

—Star Wars: Rebel Force: Hostage

After years of inaction, Ferus uses his lightsaber for the first time in a long time and easily dispatches of a group Stormtroopers

Elad didn't hesitate. He took off down the hallway. Ferus activated his lightsaber, and advanced toward the remaining stormtroopers. When they saw he'd dropped the blaster, they abandoned their hiding places and rushed him. Time slowed to a crawl. He struck out with the lightsaber, once, twice, thrusting its glowing blade into the nearest stormtrooper. He somersaulted through the air, dodging the man's fallen body, and deflected a blast of laserfire. The blue beam swooped and swirled, carving elaborate arcs through the air.

A Jedi never craves violence, never enjoys it.

But Ferus's lightsaber had sat hidden and unused for a long time. Wielding it again, finally taking action instead of just sitting around and endlessly watching, waiting ... it felt like coming home.

X-7 raced down the hall, pausing to look back just before he turned the corner. Out of curiosity, not concern. Was the fool already dead?

Two bodies lay on the floor, both of them stormtroop-ers. And between the two still on their feet, was Fess. But a different Fess than X-7 had seen before. He was leaping nimbly away from the blaster shots, with a dancer's liq-uid grace. He moved so fast that he almost seemed to be in two or three places at once.

But that wasn't the strangest thing.

The strangest thing was the glowing blue blade slashing through the air, deflecting laserbolts, spiraling toward the stormtroopers and effortlessly slicing through their armor.

So Fess, whoever he was, had a lightsaber. A carefully hidden lightsaber. And, unlike Luke, he seemed to know how to use it.

Interesting.

Ferus takes on the skilled assassin, X-7 and defeats the man. X-7 has moved in blurs and matched the Force adept, Lune “Div” Divinian in blade combat, with Lune being considered a master swordsman.

X-7's finger twitched toward the trigger. Div launched himself at X-7, knocking him off balance. They tumbled to the ground. X-7's blast rifle flew out of his hand. He slammed a fist into Div's shoulder, jabbing it squarely into Div's wound. Div clenched his teeth, trying to ignore the pain, but his shoulder spasmed. X-7 hit the wound again, harder, and shoved him aside. Div struggled to fight back, but his strength was failing.

And then a glowing blade slashed down. X-7 threw himself out of the way just in time. Ferus struck again.

"I know what you are," X-7 gasped, springing to his feet and moving out of the way of the beam. "I've always known. You don't scare me, Jedi."

Ferus advanced, lightsaber raised. "I should."

Furious at his weakness, Div could do nothing but watch the fierce battle play out. Far below them, Luke had already finished setting the thermal detonators. Escape while you still can, Div urged him silently. But even if Div had shouted it, Luke never would have heard him over the thunder of the machinery.

Ferus slashed at X-7 with the blue blade. X-7 jumped-sidestepped out of the way, and suddenly, the assassin produced a lightwhip, crackling with deadly laser energy. He flicked it at Ferus, who leapt over the snakelike rope and somersaulted along the catwalk.

"Not bad, old man," X-7 said. "But not good enough." Swinging the whip in a deadly arc with one hand, he wielded a blaster with the other. The weapon sent a wide spray of laserfire at Ferus, who was trapped against the railing with no cover. He slipped between the bursts of laserfire with nearly impossible speed and agility, then nimbly hopped onto the railing and balanced on the five-centimeter-wide durasteel.

X-7 released an icy chuckle and struck out with the whip, trying to knock Ferus off his perch. But Ferus used the height to his advantage, his lightsaber bearing down on X-7's arm. X-7 stifled a cry of pain and dropped the blaster. A bloody stain spread across his shirt. He went into a frenzy, hacking and slashing with his good arm. The whip whistled through the air. It caught Ferus on the leg, only a light blow, but enough to knock him off balance. He toppled backward-and disappeared from sight.

Div gasped.

X-7 laughed again. It was a hard, inhuman noise, like grinding gears. He leaned over the railing. Div didn't want to imagine what X-7 saw below. Ferus's broken body, smashed on the duracrete.

"Where are you, old man?" X-7 sounded surprised.

He turned around-just in time to see Ferus spring over the opposite edge of the catwalk, his lightsaber pointed straight at X-7's heart.

His aim was true.

X-7 dropped to the ground, his eyes glassy, his body limp. Blood pooled beneath him. He gasped, as if he couldn't draw enough air. But then his rasping grew louder. He was trying to speak. It was just two syllables, soft but clear.

—Star Wars: Rebel Force: Trapped

After exactly twenty years since their fateful battle on Coruscant, Darth Vader and Ferus Olin confront one another once again, with Ferus spending twenty years guarding his beloved Leia and Vader’s power continuously growing. The rivals square off in what is to be their final showdown. Despite the fact that Vader muses that he could kill Ferus with a thought, he only defeats Ferus after calling upon all of his rage, ending the Last of the Jedi.

Ferus grasped her hands and gave them a tight squeeze-it was as much of a good-bye as he could allow himself. If she knew what he was about to do-and how it would most likely end-she would never let him go.

Leia boarded the freighter and Ferus ran into the base, back the way they'd come. Back toward Vader. He didn't have far to run. As he rounded one corner, and then another, the stench of evil grew overwhelming, the air thick with darkness. And then, just beyond the second corner, there he was. Darth Vader, standing still in the middle of the hall, as if he were waiting. As if he knew exactly what was coming, and who.

Ferus froze at the opposite end of the corridor. He couldn't force his legs to carry him any closer.

"I had hoped you were dead," Darth Vader said in a low rumble.

"Sorry to disappoint you." Rage swelled within Ferus. He hadn't come face-to-face with Vader since that day, so many years ago, when the Sith had left him for dead. When Ferus had failed to avenge Roan's death, and left Vader alive, to kill so many more. Because Ferus failed, Vader lived to strike down Obi-Wan. To destroy nearly everything and everyone he touched. Standing before him, Ferus understood the true nature of hate.

He had told himself that he only wanted to stall Vader, to protect Leia. But that wasn't the whole truth.

He wanted another chance at killing the Dark Lord. He wanted to stand over Vader's body and watch him die.

"I could kill you where you stand," Vader said. "I could kill you with a thought."

"It would probably be easier," Ferus replied lightly. He knew he had to leave behind his hatred if he was going to survive this encounter. He couldn't beat Vader by matching him darkness for darkness. His rage would only cloud his connection to the Force; he needed to stay clear. "And you always were one to take the easy way out. Anakin."

"Anakin is dead," Vader said.

"So you've told me before," Ferus said. "You killed him. Just like you killed Obi-Wan. And Padm?." He watched carefully, hoping for some flinch, some sign, something to indicate that the name had some impact. If Anakin really was dead and gone, then Ferus had no chance left at all. Perhaps none of them did. "Erase all reminders of who you used to be, isn't that the plan? Any reminders of what you've done and how much it hurts?"

"You know nothing about pain," Vader said. Then he raised his lightsaber. The red beam glowed in the darkness. "But it will be my pleasure to teach you."

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Darth Vader had come for Luke Skywalker. He had come to find the boy who had caused so much trouble, wrought so much destruction-and somehow, inexplicably, bore Anakin's name.

But he had stayed-even when it became clear that Luke was gone, along with everyone else-because he sensed there was someone else hiding in the bowels of the station. Someone familiar. A presence that evoked strange and unsettling images of the past, of things he hadn't thought about for many years. Images of Padme?-her scent, the soft melody of her voice, the myriad details he'd spent two decades trying to forget. It meant there was someone on this station connected to his past, and that someone needed to die.

As he swept through the halls, he had been almost... not afraid, certainly. Fear was beneath him now, useful only as a weapon with which to destroy his enemies. No, he had been watchful, wondering who he might find lurking around the next corner.

Discovering Ferus had been a relief. This was no unknown variable from the past. Ferus was known, easily dealt with. A loose end he should have tied up long before. Ferus had no power over him; his words were empty. He was nothing but a feeble old man babbling about a dead past. And yet the sight of him-the sound of the name Padm? on his lips-was enraging. Ferus should be dead, as all the Jedi should be dead. It was infuriating that he was still crawling around like a Bossuk roach.

No longer. Vader stoked the rage, let it swell within him. His rage was his power-something the pathetic Jedi had never understood. His rage was bottomless; his power was limitless.

Ferus was nothing in the face of that. Less than nothing. A roach to be squashed underfoot.

Vader crossed the distance between them before the old man even had time to draw his weapon. I could kill him with a single blow, Vader thought. But there was no hurry. And he had to admit, he was curious. Ferus had become such a decrepit human specimen, paunchy and sad. Soft. It would be interesting to let him believe he could still put up a fight.

Vader swung his blade down. Ferus met it solidly. There was a dull hum as the red and blue blades clashed.

"Your technique has become lazy," Vader observed. He parried a blow, almost as an afterthought.

Ferus didn't reply. He was breathing heavily, gasping with each lunge and thrust. Vader deflected every strike with little more than a flick of the wrist.

"And you've gotten complacent," Ferus said, slashing diagonally. Vader retreated a step, and the lightsaber hummed through empty air. "You think no one can match you, right? Same old Anakin."

"Anakin is dead!" Vader roared, and struck with his full power. Time to end this game.

But Ferus somehow evaded the blow-and then danced away from the next one, and the next. The blue blade whirled and spiraled through the air, matching Vader strike for strike, blow for blow.

It was that name. That was the only explanation. Even the sound of it had somehow thrown him off balance.

This was unacceptable.

"You move well for a fat old man," Vader granted. He was more powerful by far, but the plastoid armor made for awkward maneuvering. And he would never reclaim the physical grace he'd had as Anakin.

Vader shook off the thought, disgusted with himself. Anakin had nothing that he wanted, nothing. He let the disgust grow. This was what he needed. Not grace, not that foul Jedi concentration. Anger.

Darkness. Control.

Ferus leapt through the air, driving the lightsaber down in a chopping motion as he arced toward the ground. The blade came within centimeters of Vader's face plate. Sweat poured down Ferus's face with the effort of continuing the fight. And yet still, he lived. "No older than you, Anakin," he gasped.

And it was true. They'd once been the same age, young and stupid, easily manipulated by their Jedi Masters. Now Vader was Master of all-and Ferus was this weak, stooped thing. Is this what Anakin would have grown into, had he stayed in that frail, human body? This sagging bag of loose flesh?

Vader was furious with himself for entertaining the thought. It didn't matter what Anakin would have become. Anakin was nothing-didn't exist, had never existed.

"There is no Anakin," Vader said.

"And yet here he is in front of me," Ferus countered. "The same cocky, deceitful, defiant, scared little boy you always were. You killed Obi-Wan because he saw the fear behind the mask. You killed Padme? because she saw the monster."

Rage blotted out Vader's vision, turning the world to darkness-everything disappeared but Ferus's disgusting, knowing smile. Ferus was the one who had never changed, was still the same insufferable child he'd always been. Vader should have done the galaxy a favor and snuffed him out at the Academy. Better late than never.

Ferus advanced with a dizzying series of strikes and parries. "You can kill me if you want. But you will never kill Anakin. I suspect someday, he'll kill you."

"Someday, perhaps." Vader flicked a gloved hand, and Ferus's lightsaber flew across the hall. "But unfortunately for you, that day is not today." He plunged his blade through Ferus's heart, and watched with pleasure as Anakin's long-lasting enemy dropped to the ground, the life draining from his eyes.

The pathetic old man knew nothing, he told himself. Anakin was dead and gone forever. And now there was no one who could bring him back.

—Star Wars: Rebel Force: Uprising

Marksmanship

Ferus, in his Force Illusion of "Fess" makes an impossible shot with a blaster.

"No thanks, buddy," Han said. "This one's all mine." Han didn't hear the footsteps behind him, and he didn't hear the blaster fire. He just saw the laser bolt slam into the kid's blade, centimeters from Leia's neck. It was a clean hit-the blade went flying. The kid backed away, examining his hand like he couldn't believe it was still in one piece.

Han couldn't believe it either. It was one of the cleanest shots he'd ever seen. He whirled around. A plump old man stood behind him, his jaunty grin mostly covered by a thick, graying beard. Han scoured the streets, convinced this couldn't be the guy who'd fired the shot. But there was no one else around.

And the old guy was holding a smoking blaster.

Here, Ferus alongside Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca and the assassin, X-7 masquerading as Tobin Elad take on stormtroopers, after a brief exchange, Han, Luke and Chewie separate from Ferus and Tobin, leaving the two to deal with several stormtroopers.

Ferus dodged a laser blast and threw himself across the hall, slamming into the stormtrooper. He jerked his blaster over his head, smashing it into the trooper's plastoidface plate. With the help of the Force, the blow sent the stormtrooper reeling. Ferus waited for a clear shot, then fired.

His Jedi training gave him an advantage over the enemy. His senses were honed, his motions carefully chosen and lightning quick. As he battled through the crush of stormtroopers, time slowed for him. The Force alerted him when the enemy was set to strike. He darted out of the way an instant before the laserfire could hit its mark, and fought with an acrobatic grace.

Still, he was clumsy with a blaster. With his lightsaber, he could likely have taken out the stormtroopers all on his own. What was the point of keeping his identity a secret if it got them all killed?

Luke wasn't using his lightsaber either, Ferus noted. The boy was good with a blaster, but his hand kept stray-ing to the lightsaber's hilt, as if he were resisting the temptation to activate it.

He's afraid of failure, Ferus thought. He's afraid to try.

They battled their way down a long hallway, leaving a trail of armored bodies behind them. Ahead of them, the hall branched off in two directions. More stormtroopers approached from behind.

"Chewie, you search that hall, Luke and I'll take this one," Han shouted, signaling for Elad and Ferus to cover them as they rounded the corner.

Two was almost more effective than five in the narrow hallway. Elad seemed to anticipate Ferus's motions, ducking and weaving out of the way, his shots perfectly timed with Ferus's. He fights like a Jedi, Ferus thought. The stormtroopers surged forward, their boots pounding the ground in lockstep. The air blazed with laser fire. "This isn't working," Elad shouted over the noise. "We need to push back."

Ferus got his meaning. The stormtroopers were advancing toward the end of the hallway - any further, and they'd be able to turn the corner and take off after Han and Luke. He and Elad would have to force them back down to the other end of the hall, and hold them there as long as possible.

Ferus knew he could pull out his lightsaber and dispatch the guards within minutes. But if there was any other way ...

"In there!" Ferus said suddenly, jerked his head toward one of the open doors along the corridor.

"Run and hide?" Elad asked in disgust, dodging another blast. The hallways was filling up with a smoke so thick they could barely see the enemy.

"Neither," Ferus shot back. He pointed at the large cart just inside the storage closet, piled with medical equipment. Elad glanced over, eyebrows raised. Then he nodded, and darted inside. The stormtroopers fell back as Ferus peppered the hallway with laserfire. He drew on the Force to guide his aim, and the stormtroopers dropped, one by one. But there were still too many of them.

"Ready?" Elad said, pulling the cart out of the closet. Ferus climbed on top, shifting his balance as Elad began to push. The cart gained momentum, plowing toward the stormtroopers.

They couldn't hit a moving target. Especially one towering several feet over their heads, speeding down the hallway right for them. Ferus bounced on the balls of his feet, trying to maintain his balance as the cart hurtled down the hallway, straight into the ranks of the enemy. The high vantage point gave him a perfect shot. Blast after blast hit its mark, until the corridor was littered with armored bodies. Shielded by the cart, Elad took down his fair share of stormtroopers, blasting with one hand as he pushed Ferus down the hall. He seemed to be shooting blindly, and yet nearly every blast made contact.

Soon only three stormtroopers were still standing.

"Retreat!" one of them ordered. In unison, they darted to the edges of the corridor, sheltering themselves behind a series of open doors. Every few seconds, one would peek out just long enough to spray the hall with laserfire then duck back to safety.

Ferus hopped off the cart, feeling a surge of relief. Two against twenty had been daunting odds. Two against three? Even a Padawan could handle that.

But the thought of Padawans made him think of Luke and Leia, and he remembered they were still no closer to rescuing the princess than they'd been before. The relief vanished.

"Cover me," Elad suddenly shouted, dropping to the floor over the body of a fallen stormtrooper. Ferus stood over him, blasting away at the stormtroopers who were left.

Force Powers

No Caption Provided

Force Strength

The Force grew stronger. Ahead they saw a chamber with an intact door. It was bolted to the wall with a new lock.

Siri withdrew her lightsaber. Within seconds, the metal peeled back, giving them an entry to the chamber.

Ferus sat in the middle of the room. He quickly stood, facing them. "I am sorry for needing rescue, Master," he said to Siri. "I am sorry, Master Kenobi."

—Jedi Quest: The School of Fear

Ferus states that every Jedi lesson was easy for him.

Can I help it if the Jedi wisdom I have learned by rote speaks to my heart?” Ferus asked. "I don't say things because they will please you. I say them because I feel they are true. It's always been that way, from my earliest memory of the Temple. When I was taught, it was as though I already knew. Every Jedi lesson seemed to fit a groove inside my mind that had already been worn. It was why learning was so easy for me."

—Jedi Quest: The Changing of the Guard.

Obi-Wan considers Ferus to have an excellent connection to the Force

"You have a great connection to the Force," Obi-Wan said.

—Jedi Quest: The Changing of the Guard

He heard the lapping of the blue water. The song of a bird. He felt the Force gather and now he could not only hear everything with crystal clarity but feel it as well, pulsating through him.

Palpatine states that Ferus has the potential to become more powerful than all of Sidious' Inquisitors and even Vader himseld.

He saw Palpatine pause. He'd interested him. "So, you are becoming curious about Lord Vader."

"Everyone is curious about Lord Vader."

"He prefers mystery. It is helpful. You have something else. Uniqueness. You were trained in the Force, and you rejected it. All the Jedi have been eliminated, but the Force remains. You could use it again."

"I'm a little rusty," Ferus said. Palpatine thought he was corruptible.

"You managed to find a lightsaber."

"Lots of weapons around for sale after the Clone Wars. I managed to get my hands on one. It's a dangerous galaxy out there."

"You could have more power than any officer. More power," Palpatine rasped, "than even Lord Vader himself."

—The Last of The Jedi: Return of the Dark Side

A young early Padawan Ferus states that he feels stronger in the Force.

"Master, I've been thinking about something," he(Ferus) said. "I feel myself growing stronger in the Force….”

—The Last of The jedi: Return of The Dark Side

Palpatine notes that Ferus' power is growing at a rapid rate.

Palpatine continued, "In the meantime . . . Ferus Olin's power is growing. I sense great . . . uncertainty in him."

"Will he join us?"

Palpatine smiled. "He will become one of us."

The hologram of his Master faded. Darth Vader didn't move

—The Last of The Jedi: Return of The Dark Side

Palpatine considers Ferus to have the power to become the most powerful Jedi ever known.

"You(Ferus Olin) have the potential to be the greatest Jedi ever known," Palpatine hissed. "You have all the raw materials. You only lack training. You will be able to use the Force in ways you never dreamed of."

Palpatine paused, letting his words hang in the air.

Ferus's command of the Force was growing all the time.

Renowned Jedi Master Fy-Tor-Ana considers Ferus to be particularly powerful in the Force.

"So he is struggling now with grief," Ry-Gaul said. "The danger, of course, is if his grief turns to anger."

"His better nature will win," Solace said. "The Force is strong in Ferus. He will remember the Jedi way."

—The Last of The Jedi: Against The Empire

Sheev consideres Ferus to be quite strong in the Force.

Palpatine turned away again. "He will do as I foresee. He wants power and control. He is strong in the Force. A decision awaits him."

After activating the Sith Holocron, Ferus feels a surge of power from the knowledge he gained.

Ferus felt a surge of power. The Sith Holocron burned his skin, but he enjoyed the sensation of burning. He felt a darkness around him, a shimmering, beautiful thing.

After being sparsely treated for his wounds from fighting Darth Vader, Ferus feels stronger than before.

He pushed the engines and drove straight into the storm. He went far faster than he usually did. He had reconnected to the Force at the Temple, and he felt stronger. His body was failing, but the Force would take him through. He had no doubt about that.

—The Last of The Jedi: Reckoning.

Force Valor/Augmentation/Speed

After reconnecting with the Force, Ferus is able to almost match Obi-Wan Kenobi in speed as they dodge the notorious bounty hunter, Boba Fett and his Cyborg ally.

Ferus's Jedi training made him move quicker than an ordinary bystander, dodging almost in time with Obi-Wan.

Ferus uses the force to augment his strength and bust a droid open.

The door to the main hallway was jammed. Ferus leaped at it, using both feet and the Force. The door burst open, and he and Trever charged through

Ferus is able to dodge datacard that moved at near invisible speed.

Suddenly out of the corner of his eye he saw something - a flicker, a glimmer - that translated quickly into the sight of a plastoid datacard winging through the air with incredible velocity and spin. Its speed was so fast it was almost invisible. Ferus ducked and it hit Prisoner 67 in the center of the forehead.

Ferus vaulted into the air and soared toward the craft. Malorum suddenly yanked on the steering mechanism, so the craft was headed straight toward him now at top speed. Ferus reacted as a Jedi. He did not retreat. He used the advance of his enemy to his own advantage.

He stopped his momentum in midair, waiting out the microsecond it took for Malorum to reach him. Then he somersaulted neatly over the craft. He used the updraft to power himself out of harm's way, then dropped onto the gondola.

Well - not dropped, exactly, in the neat way he could have accomplished even as an apprentice. Rather, he fell awkwardly, sprawling on the hull.

Ferus notes that he could disarm his assailant in seconds.

The barrel was pushed even deeper. Ferus tried not to wince. He was getting annoyed. He knew he could disarm whoever it was behind him in seconds, but he also knew that aggression at this point wouldn't get him what he wanted.

Darth Vader considers Ferus to be faster and more intelligent than when they were in the Temple together.

Vader never second-guessed himself now. He so rarely made a mistake. He had reacted to the Ferus Olin he'd known. The obtuse, thick-headed, pompous Padawan. He had to remind himself that Olin must have changed. Ferus was quicker now, smarter.

8-9 years after the events of Last of The Jedi: Reckoning, Ferus is still able to move with incredible speed to the point of being invisible.

Ferus strikes. He streaks through the dark night, invisible but for his glowing blade.

Ferus is able to catch Leia before she plummets to her death, displaying his amazing speed and accuracy.

The palace sits on a wide stretch of ground, its towers climbing high into the sky. She should be able to see it in the distance -but the buildings block her view. She needs to get to high ground.

She(Young Leia Organa) comes upon a half-finished building, a thin durasteel crane climbing up its stories of scaffolding. This is her answer. She scrambles onto the mast of the crane, propelling herself up its rungs. It's easy, like climbing a lad-der, and soon she is ten stories above the ground. The arm of the crane overhangs a narrow catwalk that wraps around the unfinished building. She climbs onto it, slowly circling the scaffolding, staring out at the city. Your city, her father always tells her. Someday, it will be your responsibility.

The city twinkles beneath her, and she can see the lights of the palace off to the east.

She knows the way home.

Eagerly, she climbs down. Too eagerly.

Her foot skids off a rung.

Her fingers slip.

She is falling.

She reaches out but her hands clutch nothing but air. The rushing wind is icy against her face. For a moment, time seems to stretch out. She notices the moonlight glimmering off the durasteel. The stars twinkling over-head. The strange freedom of the fall, her legs and arms flailing through empty air, her stomach in her throat. And then the world speeds up again, and the ground, an unfor-giving plane of duracrete, once so far away, is hurtling toward her. She screams, but the wind snatches the shriek out of her mouth and carries it away, and the ground is closer, and she is...

Caught.

For a moment, she thinks her father has saved her. But it is not her father lowering her to the ground. It is the detestable Fess Ilee.

Ferus catches Princess Leia before she can fall to her death, displaying his incredible speed.

But she is untrained, and as she scrambles down the scaffolding, he sees her hand slip. Her foot misses its grip. She lets out an alarmed squeal and begins to slide - Ferus moves with lightning speed, nearly flying up the side of the scaffolding. He catches her.

Ferus' force augmented blows are strong enough to off-balance an armored man.

Ferus dodged a laser blast and threw himself across the hall, slamming into the stormtrooper. He jerked his blaster over his head, smashing it into the trooper's plastoid face plate. With the help of the Force, the blow sent the stormtrooper reeling. Ferus waited for a clear shot, then fired

Ferus is stated to have incredibly fast motions.

His Jedi training gave him an advantage over the enemy. His senses were honed, his motions carefully chosen and lightning quick. As he battled through the crush of stormtroopers, time slowed for him.

Ferus appears to be in several places at once.

He(Ferus) moved so fast that he almost seemed to be in two or three places at once.

Here, Lune “Div” Divinian, a Force adept trained by Garen Mull, Ry-Gaul and Fy-Tor-Ana, muses that Ferus could disarm him with ease. It should be noted that Divinian has moved with incredible speed, taught Luke Skywalker Shii-Cho and Soresu. And is regarded as a master swordsman.

You've grown," Ferus said, a smile creeping across his face. He seemed unconcerned by the lightsaber aimed at his throat.

He still has the Force, Div reminded himself. The man might have grown old and soft, but he could likely disarm Div with a single thought

Ferus moves with incredible speed and agility.

He(Ferus)slipped between the bursts of laserfire with nearly impossible speed and agility, then nimbly hopped onto the railing and balanced on the five-centimeter-wide durasteel.

Force Illusions

Leia notes, that at times, "Fess"(Ferus in disguise) goes from looking like a plump old man to a suddenly youthful looking man.

He was a man of soft, rounded edges, with a belly bulging over his belt and the makings of a double chin. His fingers were stubby, his nose bulbous, and his mind seemed to be as fuzzy as the back of his neck. Leia had never been sure of his age - most of the time, he looked far older than her father, weathered and weak. But there bad been moments when, out of the corner of her eye, she caught him moving with a surprising grace, the years falling away from his suddenly youthful face.

Ferus' illusions are explained.

Living like a hermit may have worked for Obi-Wan, stranded on a dusty desert planet in the middle of nowhere. But Alderaan was a world of life and crowds, swirling with social networks. A world of meaningful connections. Which might have appealed to him once, back when he was Ferus Olin - former Jedi, former Bellassan security expert, former resistance fighter, former enemy of the Empire.

Now he was just former. He had made himself invisible, and invisible men can form no connection. Invisible men can, however, blend in. Gradually, Ferus gave up his life in the grasslands for a new life in the city. Took on a new identity. Fess, a repugnant name for a repugnant man. It was the only way to stay close to Leia. Disappearing in plain sight meant becoming what he hated most. A man who said nothing that mattered.

A man who held no opinions except the opinions of whoever he was speaking to. A man who lived his life on the surface, so empty of purpose and thought, so inconsequential that no one could suspect he had any-thing to hide.

He became a mirror, reflecting back what people wanted to see and hear, keeping his true self hidden so deeply he'd almost forgotten where to find it. And now Luke Skywalker, of all people, had found it for him. Had somehow found him.

Luke, Leia, and Han took him back to their quarters, treating him like a sick, weak old man. And maybe they're right, he thought, disgusted with himself. His Jedi training had made him adept at finding the calm center of any crisis. Yet here he was, allowing his emotions to overtake him, like an inexperienced Padawan.

Still, if his weakness gained him more time with Leia - with Luke - perhaps it was worth it. And so he smiled and nodded and allowed them to believe he needed their help.

Not even the young Force Adept and expert swordsman, Lune "Div" Divinian can see through Ferus' disguise/Illusion.

It hurt seeing himself reflected in Lune's expression. The boy had once looked at him with respect, trusting, with the innocence of a child-the ignorance of a child-that Ferus would protect him. More than once, that trust, that duty to protect Lune, had been the only tether keeping Ferus from a bottomless fall into the dark side of the Force. But now... Ferus could feel Lune's disgust, his dismay at seeing what his old friend had become. How soft and flabby Ferus had grown over the years. How old.

How cowardly.

Lune couldn't be expected to see beneath Ferus's disguise, to understand that he'd spent decades hiding in plain sight, pretending to be a harmless, senseless courtier. And Ferus couldn't explain it to him, not without explaining why it had been so imperative to disguise himself. Not without revealing the secret of Leia Organa, the child Ferus had been sworn to protect. Anakin's child.

Leia was the second child Ferus had sworn to protect, the second "galactic hope." Lune had been the first.

He's alive, Ferus told himself. That was something.

But it wasn't everything.

Ferus had long ago accepted that his mission would mean losing the respect of all around him, even Leia herself. Only Obi-Wan understood who Ferus truly was, and Obi-Wan was dead. This, too, Ferus had finally accepted. Much as he might have craved it, he didn't need Lune's admiration. So what hurt the most wasn't the look on Lune's face; it was the look in his eyes.

Ferus said. Then he hesitated. He had spent two decades on Alderaan, cozying up to powerful men of the court. But that had been when he was pretending to be someone else-someone with no character and nothing to say. Ferus had learned to hide in plain sight, acting as a mirror for whatever pompous stuffed shirt he was trying to impress. All so he could protect the princess-and it had worked. But it hadn't taught him anything about how to argue his point gracefully. In fact, it had been far too long since he'd had to speak up for himself with a stranger, to be honest about what he believed. So he did it fast, like ripping off a patch of synthflesh.

Mind Trick.

Ferus uses the Force to affect the minds of several people as a Padawan.

"They thought I was just a nosy student," Ferus said. "I decided not to resist because I didn't want to blow my cover, or especially Anakin's. They didn't know what to do with me. They were afraid I'd report them. They searched me, but I used the Force to redirect them, so I was able to hang onto Gillam's datapad. Then they put me in here. Gillam brought me food, but I haven't seen him in hours."

—Jedi Quest: The School of Fear

Ferus mind tricks a stormtrooper

He(Ferus) turned to the stormtroopers. "You can leave me here. I can find my way alone."

The stormtrooper turned to the others. "We can leave him here. He can find his way alone." Was it really that simple? Simple, it is. Belief, it is.

To reach the point where it was simple - that was hard.

Ferus uses the mind trick of Jenna Zan Arbor

He concentrated on Zan Arbor. He sent the Force toward her, hoping that he could affect her mind. He'd never been particularly good at it as a Padawan. He had been too rigid, Siri had told him. Too set in his own mind patterns to influence anyone else.

Well, he was no longer rigid.

Go and double-check everything. Can't make a mistake. Go over the material in solitude. In solitude.

He sent the thought toward her and waited the split second that seemed like an eternity.

She shook her head slightly, then left the room by the other door.

Ferus bends the wills of three men simultaneously.

He reaches out with the Force, shaping their minds to his will. "You wish to leave this planet," he says without malice. "Leave the system. You no longer wish to work for Senator Aak, or anyone who would use a child as a bar-gaining chip."

The men shake their heads, their gazes blank. "We wish to leave this planet," they chorus.

"No one attacked you tonight," Ferus says, retreating into the night. "There was no Jedi. No lightsaber. You never even saw the princess."

One of the men elbows another. "Let's get out of here," he says, sounding confused. "What are we doing, helping some political hack use a kid as a bargaining chip?"

"Not just the planet," another of the men says. "Let's get out of the system."

"Why are we even out here tonight?" the third says, as they wander off into the night.

Ferus still needs to deal with Senator Aak, to make sure this never happens again. That will not be as easy. But for tonight, he has succeeded. The princess is safe.

Ferus mind tricks a Rebel Soldier

But Ferus needed him to talk about it. And so he reached out with the Force and loosened Jono's tongue. "You'd like to tell us about it," Ferus suggested pleasantly.

"I'd like to tell you about it," Jono echoed in a fuzzy voice.

Ferus uses a mind trick on the same Rebel Soldier

Ferus frowned, but for a different reason. "Thank you, Jono. Always good to talk to you. Now it might be nice for you to go back to your quarters and lie down for a bit."

Jono furrowed his brow, looking slightly confused. "Kind of hot out here," he said. "Think I might head back to my quarters and lie down for a bit."

"Sounds like a good idea," Ferus said. I'm sorry, friend, he thought, as Jono wended his way through the forest and disappeared into the trees. You deserve better.

Telekinesis

Here, the jedi apprentices and their respective masters Force-push severalVanqor Guards. This a feat shared between Anakin, Siri, Ferus, Obi-Wan and other Jedi as well.

The Vanqor guards were armed with blaster rifles, wrist rockets, and stun batons. The Jedi advanced as a solid flank that broke and reformed as they leaped and twisted, using their lightsabers and occasionally Force-pushing a Vanqor guard who decided today was his day to seek glory. Instead he ended up with a throbbing skull as he was thrown against a wall.

Obi-Wan, Anakin and Ferus combine their power to create a powerful force wave.

Obi-Wan, Ferus, and Anakin went for the officers, using the Force to push the first line with such power that they bowled over their fellow officers. Blaster shots went wild and pinged on the prison walls.

—Jedi Quest: The Changing of the Guard

With a lift of his hand, he(Ferus) closed it behind them with the Force. Instantly it was torn apart by weapons fire.

Ferus sends several already falling Stormtroopers flying.

They raced up the ramp, zigzagging to avoid the fire from the guards behind them. Stormtroopers appeared and thundered up the ramp. Clive used an old trick, tossing the handful of gears down the ramp. The stormtroopers slipped and fell. With a Force-push, Ferus gave them an extra boost, sending them flying back onto the factory floor.

Ferus Olin and Jedi Master Fy-Tor-Ana lift a building beam together.

They raced up the stairs. The wind hit them full in the face as they stepped out onto the partially completed roof. Girders and beams crisscrossed the area closest to the hangar in the adjoining tower. Ferus stayed close to Lune and kept a careful eye on Trever.

He and Solace concentrated the Force. This was a difficult task for any Jedi, especially one who had never achieved Master status. To lift a heavy object in the air using only the Force took great concentration.

No, Ferus told himself, remembering the lessons of Yoda. Not concentration. Belief.

The beam rose in the air, rotated, and traveled across the empty air to the hangar tower next door. It entered one of the openings and shuddered as it hit. It held.

They now had a bridge to cross over. Hundreds of kilometers in the air, with no railing . . . but a bridge.

Using the lessons that Darth Sidious taught him, Ferus calls upon hs rage and complete destroy a training room with a Telekinetic storm.

Ferus opened his eyes and concentrated his gaze on that bar, heavy durasteel two meters thick. It, too, ripped from the wall and flew across the space. It smashed into the wall, and a sizeable chunk of it fell away. He felt a flood of satisfaction move through him.

He turned. A chair resting against a wall shot forward. Another. He held the objects in the air. Then he focused his anger like a laser and felt it build and build until the objects smashed together and fell, broken, to the floor.

He wasn't finished yet. Not with his anger, not with this room. This room, these objects, could be smashed and broken, and if anyone cared and came after him, they would be smashed, too, because his anger was that huge.

The floor under his feet began to crack. A chunk of ceiling fell and wires spilled out, and still Ferus kept turning, his eyes burning and the anger now a rolling ball of flame inside him until he couldn't see anything but red. Red was the color of destruction.

"What's going on here?"

The Imperial officer stood in the doorway, his eyes wide.

Ferus came back to himself. He looked around. The room was destroyed.

Ferus draws on the Dark Side and explodes a Transparisteel window.

You can save them.

All you have to do . . . is this.

The transparisteel window exploded inward, showering the corridor with jagged remnants of what had been solid a moment before.

"Ferus?"

Lune wasn't practiced in the Force, but he felt enough to be afraid.

Ferus saw his reflection in the shattered glass. His eyes, glowing. His lip, curled. His face, dark with anger. He didn't recognize himself.

Ferus uses the lesson taught to him by Palpatine to send several objects flying with great velocity.

You are forgetting what your rage can do. His irritation at the spy surprising him was just a spark, something he had accepted and released. It had been so unimportant. It got in the way of Jedi battle-mind. He revived it. Fanned it.

His anger grew.

How dare he interfere with me? He, just a low-level spy. He thinks he's going to win.

He is nothing.

The next airspeeder part didn't just crash to the floor. It flew through the air with great velocity, smashing over the shadow's head. Ferus fed his anger until it balled up into rage and shot out into the space, taking the machinery and parts and flinging them toward the hiding places of the spy. Satisfaction coursed through him. Thoughts of forcing the spy to flee and tailing him vanished. I can smash him I can kill him I can destroy him...

He saw the shadow moving toward the door, a tall, thin figure that seemed familiar.

How remarkable that even through the red haze of his anger his perceptions could be so sharp...

You see? You use the anger. It does not confuse. It sharpens.

The spy ran out toward the ramp.

Ferus gathered his strength and pushed out with the Force. The door flew open.

Ferus jumped from the pulleys. He leaped over the piles of smoking metal. His mind cooled. He saw even as he ran how thoroughly he had destroyed this space.

—The Last of The Jedi: Master of Deception.

Ferus gathered his strength and pushed out with the Force. The door flew open.

Hydrokinesis

Using the Force, Obi-Wan created a wave behind them. He reached out to every molecule of water, calling on the Force to bind them into a giant, cresting black wave. He felt Ferus join the effort, and the power of the wave picked them up and hurled them forward toward the tunnel.

Force Scream

After being taught his first lesson in the Dark side of the Force be Palpatine, Ferus Unleashes a powerful force scream

The anger was a roar inside him. He didn't turn away. He felt it move and he brought back the same image again, brought it back so that it was imprinted on the back of his eyeballs, until he screamed out loud with his pain.

Something ripped from the wall and rocketed across the space. A brace that held up an exercise bar.

—The Last of the Jedi: Against the Empire

Battle-mind

Yet he did not fight only for himself, but cast his battle mind like a net, ready to respond to the others if they needed him. When four sentry droids bore down on Anakin, it was Ferus who leaped, smashing two of them to the ground with one stroke.

Ferus's ability to tune in to his fellow Jedi might have been helpful in battle, but Anakin found it deeply annoying at other times.

Then Obi-Wan felt a surprising thing. The Force was meeting the Force, a weak attempt, to be sure, but Ferus was accessing it, nurturing it, trying to use it to join with Obi-Wan. Perhaps it helped him to have their bodies joined together, for Obi-Wan felt the Force grow. And then the Force was pulsing between them and around them, binding them together, the two of them, and making them one with the molecules of water in the lake so that they slipped through the water with ease.

Ferus grasped his(Obi-Wan’s) hand. The Force ran through them, a chain that would not be broken.

—The Last of The jedi: The Desperate Mission

Ferus called on the Force to help him slow time and sharpen his perceptions. It was a state of alertness that was very close to battle-mind. Now instead of an indis-tinguishable mass of happy faces he picked out individual after individual.

—The Last of the Jedi: Master of Deception

Dark Rage

He walked softly, making no sound. He could feel no trace of the Living Force here. He allowed his anger to build, let it rest inside his chest. He could pull it out when he needed it. The Emperor had taught him that.

Reflexes/Force Sense/Precognition.

Ferus closed his eyes for a moment. It was sometimes an effort for him to clear his mind, to reach out to the Force. Yet using the Force had to be effortless; he could not try. He could only exist in this moment, not hope for what was to come. He felt in the air the vibrations of the ice, the rock, the molecules of the sky, his own body. They all existed together ill one seamless hum of energy, and from them rose what linked him to everything in the galaxy: the Force.

He felt it gather, and he opened his eyes. Immediately he saw that what he thought was a thick impenetrable curtain was actually a constructed wall. The gorgodons had moved the sheer planes of ice as if it were transparisteel, mimicking the steep slope of the crag for camouflage.

Ferus is able to feel the presence of a droid, something normally thought to be impossible as droids have no Force signature.

Thanking the official, he hurried back onto the turbolift. He took it down to the main level. There he hopped aboard a moving ramp that shot him forward. He could feel the presence of the seeker droid behind him.

Once he saw this, the rest was easy. Ferus saw the difference in blue shadow and curve of ice. There was an opening in the wall, impossible to see even if one were looking carefully. He walked toward it.

But if Ferus was a bit slow, he caught up. He saw in a glance that the inmate was tall, with enormous feet and hands and gray stubble on his skull. In a lightning flash of reflexes, he put one knee in the small of the prisoner's back and one arm around his throat.

Ferus had felt the surge in the Force, warning him. He shoved Clive down as the blaster fire exploded overhead. It hit a stamping machine, sending molten fire through it

Thanking the official, he hurried back onto the turbolift. He took it down to the main level. There he hopped aboard a moving ramp that shot him forward. He could feel the presence of the seeker droid behind him.

Suddenly he felt a warning. Ferus reacted quickly, pulling Linna and Lune down just as blasterfire ricocheted through the gallery.

Ferus veered around a medium-sized asteroid. He hugged it for a short time, staying in its draft. It was large enough to leave a small gravitational pull that Ferus could use to steady the ship. The only trick was staying close without slamming into it. Its path was erratic, and it turned and lurched from side to side. Ferus didn't look at the instrument panel. He reached out to the Force, letting it tell him what would happen before it happened.

The asteroid suddenly plummeted into a space pocket. Ferus had anticipated it a half-second before and had already compensated by zooming up, out of range of the gravitational pull. The ship was slammed and rocked back and forth but he held steady.

Ferus is able to anticipate Luke's every move and maneuver

Still, the red SoroSuub followed. Leia's plan called for them to look like they were trying to evade their pursuer, even as they drew him deeper and deeper into the aban-doned district. As far as Luke was concerned, her rash "plan" was more like a death wish. It sounded like some-thing Han would have come up with. So Luke wasn't just pretending to evade pursuit. He was determined to shake the guy.

Just one problem: Whoever(Laer revealed to be Ferus) was following them seemed to anticipate Luke's every move.

Ferus is able to sense that Tobin Elad, the brainwashed Assassin X-7, is a blank space in the Force.

The Force flowed through every being in the galaxy. Good or evil, they all pulsed with different shades of the same energy. But there were a few beings in the galaxy who, for reasons even the Jedi didn't understand, lived beyond the energy flow. They couldn't be categorized into light or dark - they were simply null points, empty, as if they didn't exist.

This man existed, but the Force flowed around him, not through him. Nothing could penetrate the hollow at his center.

Ferus released the man's hand with poorly disguised relief. Touching him had been like grasping a puff of cold air.

His(Ferus’) Jedi training gave him an advantage over the enemy. His senses were honed, his motions carefully chosen and lightning quick.

The Force alerted him(Ferus) when the enemy was set to strike. He darted out of the way an instant before the laserfire could hit its mark, and fought with an acrobatic grace.

Shatterpoint

The possibilities thundered through Ferus's mind in the space of a moment.

If new information was being downloaded, it wouldn't have Vader's privacy lock on it yet.

The things he could learn from Vader's high clearance. . .

Any still-missing Jedi.

The fate of Trever.

Plans to crush the resistance.

Even a clue to Vader's true identity.

Force Masking

Ferus hides his Force signature from the Grand Inquisitor Malorum.

Ferus felt it, a slight disturbance in the Force. Obi-Wan had picked up on what he'd suspected: Malorum was Force-sensitive. He cloaked his own connection to the Force, even though Ferus doubted Malorum was adept enough to feel it.

Telepathy

Ferus is able to comfort princess Leia with a few words.

They charged down the street, seeking out the build-ing that Mazi had described. "Stay strong, your highness,"

Han heard Fess murmur. "We're on our way."

Chapter 15

Stay strong, your highness. We're on our way.

It wasn't a voice in her head. It was just a feeling, a moment of calm and confidence. As if Luke was there with her, lending her some of that infuriating certainty that right would prevail. She stared blankly at the wall of her dim cell, trying to picture Luke's face.

But it wasn't Luke's face she saw, it was Fess's.

Physical prowess

No Caption Provided

Ferus is stated to have all gifts.

Yet Ferus had them all. He was steady and brilliant….

—Jedi Quest: The Way of The Apprentice

Obi-Wan considers Ferus to have excellent physical training.

Siri's Padawan did not have Anakin's great Force connection, but he made up for it with excellent physical training and a keen mind.

Obi-Wan notes that Ferus has become more physically impressive than he was a Padawan.

Ferus drew him(Obi-Wan) into the warmth of the house. Now that they were in the light, Obi-Wan could see the changes in him. He was leaner, more muscled. His face had matured; its angles were sharper. He was still only in his early twenties, but the wide gold streak in his dark hair had turned to silver.

Ferus is able to through an electrojabber with enough strength to stagger a heavily armed Cyborg.

Ferus used the electrojabber like a javelin, and threw it. It smashed into the creature's chest and stayed there. Although the cyborg was armored, the force of the blow sent it staggering backward and paralyzed it momentarily. It crashed to its knees.

Ferus picks up an imperial officer in a surprising show of strength and tosses him over the speeder he commandeered from the Officer

It all happened in less than an instant. He landed on the back of the speeder. Trever slithered off his back and into the backseat.

Ferus picked up the officer under the arms. The officer was too startled to struggle. "I need a ride," Ferus said.

He tossed him from the vehicle. They were still hovering only meters from the platform; the officer wasn't hurt, but he wasn't very happy about his rough landing. He, too, drew his blaster and began firing furiously.

Ferus uses Hand-to-Hand combat to take down several Stormtroopers.

The officer turned. It was the moment Ferus had been waiting for. With one kick he sent one storm-trooper into another; an elbow sent a third spinning. The Force hummed around him as he leaped over the pile, snatching up two blasters on the way. He twisted in midair, held himself motionless for one instant to blast the droid to smithereens, then landed. He dived away from blaster fire and used the momentum to roll himself like a ball, taking down the rest of the stormtroopers. On his way up he grabbed a security card out of a stormtrooper's utility belt.

The officer faced him, his blaster held steady.

Ferus held his blasters. Neither of them moved.

The officer fired. Ferus had already taken advantage of the instant before the blast and leaped. He fired above at the ceiling. The bolts holding the restraints in place fell. The restraining cables dropped to the floor. He wrapped the officer in them and fled.

After nearly falling off a boat, Ferus hauls himself back up and lands a kick on the Grand inquisitor Malorum as he does so.

Using all his strength, he flipped himself back into the boat. This time he was able to access the Force with more precision, pivoting on his hands and delivering a well-placed kick to Malorum's chest. Malorum was knocked backward, loosening his grip on the controls.

—The Last of The jedi: Death on Naboo

Pain Threshold/Endurance

As the Jedi engage Granta Omega, Darra Thel-Thanis is shot, noticing this Ferus falls to his knees and heads towards his friend, taking a blaster bolt in the process.

He(Anakin) saw Ferus drop to his knees and crawl toward Darra, saw him take a blaster bolt in the shoulder and keep on going.

—Jedi Quest: The Final Showdown

After being repeatedly slammed in to a wall by Darth vader, Ferus is sparsely treated yet he is still able to pull forward despite Vader musing that Ferus should have died.

"He's not dead: Not yet, anyway." She went to work with her diagnostic tools. "He needs a bacta bath, but I'll have to treat him here, for now."

Trever stepped back as Malory prepared her medications. She worked over Ferus for long minutes while they waited.

Finally they heard him groan.

Malory leaned back. "He's coming around. Don't try to talk, Ferus."

"Vader. . ."

"He's gone."

Ferus tried to sit. Malory pushed him down. "Don't move.

"He's on his way there . . . to the asteroid. He said he could get to anyone."

"He's confused," Malory said.

"No, he's not," Trever said as he bent down and looked into Ferus's eyes. "He's himself again. What is it, Ferus?"

"Warn them . . ." Ferus sat up. "Tell them not to go."

Trever shook his head, his eyes wide. "They are there already."

"I have to get there."

"You can't go anywhere! You need complete bacta immersion." Malory tried to gently push him down again, but with a surprising show of strength, Ferus stopped her hand.

"What is it?" Trever asked.

Ferus looked at Clive and Astri. "Vader said something about awakening a mole. Remember? But Flame. . . was an active agent from the beginning. He always has backup, remember? Someone on the base has betrayed us. I'm the only one who can stop him. I need the Force to stop him."

"But . . ." Trever said.

"Don't worry," Ferus told him. "I have it back again."

To further reinforce the quote above, Vader himself notes that Ferus would either be dead or near death.

Ferus Olin was dead. Or close to it. Close enough to die slowly on the Temple floor, to suffer as he had suffered on Mustafar.

—The Last of The Jedi: Reckoning.

Obi-Wan treats Ferus and notes all of his wounds after the young Jed's fight with Vader.

He bathed Ferus's face in warm water, gently releasing the hardened sand. He kept going back and forth to the cistern for more water and rags. He checked him for wounds and administered bacta. It was obvious he'd been in a fight. There was a large contusion on his forehead, another at the back of his skull.

Dark-Side Knowledge.

No Caption Provided

After the death of his partner Roan Lands, Ferus is imprisoned and later pardoned by Darth Sidious, who takes the young man under his wing and imparts a Sith Holocron onto the Rebel Legend.

He had learned detachment as a Jedi Padawan, but he didn't feel detached. Not at all. A calm, steady fury was at the core of him now. It needed only a trigger to explode. He had been taught all his life that avenging a death was wrong. But this didn't feel wrong.

The Emperor had told him that he could teach Ferus about the dark side of the Force. He had told him that his anger would only make him stronger. Ferus had to admit he'd been right. You couldn't argue with results. The few times he'd tapped into his anger and felt the dark side of the Force, he'd been able to move objects at shocking velocities just by concentrating his rage.

Before he'd left Coruscant, he'd met briefly with the Emperor. Palpatine had given him a Sith Holocron, small enough to tuck into his tunic pocket.He'd told him that if he had the courage to access it he could gain great power. He didn't tell him what he'd see. He didn't tell him what he'd learn. But the way he'd rasped the word power, the way he'd caressed the Holocron, had told Ferus everything. If he wanted to beat Vader, this was the only way.

He hadn't yet accessed the Holocron. He could feel it in his tunic, lending a weight out of proportion to its size. Sometimes it seemed to have warmth. Sometimes it was like an icy burn that penetrated the fabric of his clothes.

Sometimes it seemed to affect him in odd ways. It felt as though the world was fracturing along invisible fault lines. There was a curious doubleness to his vision, as though he could see through things into their core underneath. Sometimes he felt a flash of contempt toward his fellow beings and their weakness. Keeping it close felt dangerous enough.

The turbolift doors opened. Ferus felt the breeze on his damp neck. The feelings were caused by the Sith Holocron, he knew. The trick was not to be intimidated by them. If he was going to learn how to draw power from the dark side of the Force, then he was going to have to navigate some bumpy waters.

Ferus uses the Sith Holocron and instantly becomes stronger, more cunning and gains a unspecified amount of knowledge.

Ferus felt a surprising rage gather from the soles of his boots to the top of his head. He was tired of maybes and uncertainty. He was furious that they were at this crossroads. They were at the mercy of one person who was holding up the completion of an intricate plan. He felt the anger grow, and this time he didn't turn away from it. The Sith Holocron whispered something to him that made sense.

Let your anger go. It's time, When you are thwarted, use your anger.

"There's one way to find out who it is," Ferus said. "Line them all up. Threaten to kill them all if one of them doesn't confess to being the spy."

Ry-Gaul looked startled. Ferus realized that the thought in his head had come out. It was one of those thoughts he didn't understand, the ones that didn't seem to come from him. Ry-Gaul focused on him, really examining him in a way that made Ferus furious. How could he not know that anger was a weapon like any other?

Because the Jedi are weak.

That's why we destoyed them so easily.

They never saw it coming.

Ferus stalked away. He put his hands on the Holocron. He was finally ready. Here on this uninhabited moon, in the middle of the galaxy, in the middle of uncertainty.

Hidden behind the ship, he slipped the Sith Holocron out of his tunic and set it in motion. Images came at him, a rush of knowledge that seemed to be absorbed before it was registered. Terrible things, fascinating things, things that made his stomach churn. He didn't know how long he looked; it felt like hours. He had to wrest himself away. It took all of his strength.

It had only been seconds.

He blinked. He had seen too much to process, but he knew he had been changed. He felt the Emperor's hand on him now.

Ry-Gaul was suddenly in front of him. "I felt something . . . the dark side of the Force. Ferus?"

He gathered himself together. He mustn't let Ry-Gaul know. He turned to face the older Jedi. He saw the careworn, silver eyes, the stubble of silver hair. Ry-Gaul suddenly looked pathetic to him, not strong.

"Ferus?" Ry-Gaul narrowed his eyes.

"The spy is Flame. You're right." He had been given a glimpse into dark hearts, and he recognized the breed. Facts clicked in his head, motivations, cunning.

Ry-Gaul strode forward suddenly and grabbed him by the shoulders. "Forget about the spy. I feel the dark side of the Force. Not from Flame, my friend. You."

After using the Sith Holocron, Ferus understands the mind of a Sith Lord and resolves to use this new found knowledge without falling to the Dark Side.

Ferus felt his head clear. The distance between him and the others didn't feel as wide. He drew strength from the living Force he could feel in Ry-Gaul and Solace. He shook his head, trying to remain with them, all of him, his heart and mind. He tried to grasp the knowledge he felt he'd gained without letting it suck him in. He had seen into the mind of a Sith, and he felt he knew better how it worked.

No Caption Provided

Conclusion

All in all, Ferus is the most talented Jedi Apprentice within the Jedi Order, barring Anakin of course. His lightsaber style, even as an Apprentice, is considered flawless and even then he is stated to be one of the Temple's best fighters. After he leaves the Order, Ferus hits a few bumps, but he overcomes them and showcases his mastery of the blade by nearly killing Vader the two occasions that they fought. As a Force user, Ferus possesses a versatile and unique skill set, his battle-mind boosts his powers and that of his allies. His speed is not just great, it is extraordinary and his senses are incredible in their own right. With Telekinesis, Ferus is completely and utterly destructive and he has even shown himself to be capable of manipulating water. Ferus is a completely well rounded Jedi, a master of the lightsaber and an incredible talented Force user. Brilliant, powerful, intelligent and the perfect Jedi apprentice. Ferus is not only The Guardian of Leia Organa, The Last of the jedi and The Legendary Rebel of Bellassa,no, Ferus is also greatest Unsung Hero.

Well guys i hope you enjoyed this Respect thread for the incredibly talented Ferus Olin, it was so much fun going through the thirty something books he has and it was such an amazing ride, I honestly heavily enjoyed Jedi Quest, Last of The Jedi and Rebel Force. Very great books, i strongly recommend them.

I'd like to Thank Emperordmb, King Joker, Wildbantha88/Banthabot, Sinious and Nalaniel, my good friends for helping me out this and just really pushing me to finish this long ass Respect thread. Thank You guys for the support and for the help, i really do appreciate it so much. I love you all <3.

Anyway, Thank you too! for reading the RT and making it this far. I hope you enjoyed the RT as much as i enjoyed making it and as always, I will see you all, in the next one. Sayonara!

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool. He seems very strong.

KJ27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great job, Xtasy!

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fated_xtasy Great job. I appreciate the fact that you make respect threads for mostly unknown characters. That is very useful.

Fated_Xtasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan87: @kj27: @banthabot:

Thank you guys so much! I really appreciate the great feedback :)

I'll keep doing my weird unknowns as always haha! Thanks again guys!

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fated_xtasy

I think you'd better add this to the feat:

Battalion (512 troopers): A battalion consists of four companies, led by a major.

-- The Essential Guide To Warfare

That's quite impressive.

Fated_Xtasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan87 said:

@fated_xtasy

I think you'd better add this to the feat:

Battalion (512 troopers): A battalion consists of four companies, led by a major.

-- The Essential Guide To Warfare

That's quite impressive.

Wow, lol I knew that was impressive but not that impressive! Thank you Zanpan84! I'll be sure to add it soon :D