Fed up of the DBZ hating

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loplopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Why can alot of marvel and dc fans not appreciate and respect DBZ,i mean lately and looking in the past threads plus speaking to people most of the flames start from the comic side not the magna side i like all 3 in differant ways and feel their all very good however i think the childish oh my hero better than yr hero or goku is weak is pathetic shouldnt people respect other peoples views and if you dontl ike them dont have to comment on them

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Probably because they're fed up of all the DBZ wanking.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ccraft

Dragon Ball is better, DBZ had it's moments.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is the internet where we contend with each other's view. one say dbz sucks, others go ballistic. one say comics suck, others go ballistic.

loplopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: i agree but its no worse than batman,silver age supes, thor wanking

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ccraft

@loplopool said:

@fallschirmjager: i agree but its no worse than batman,silver age supes, thor wanking

you put it that way and it sounds like comic vine is just a big circle jerk lol.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because, it makes fan-boys feel better. I accept certain facts, whether I like them or not. General Zod would beat Goku, I can't see Goku winning that fight. I'd probably want Goku to win, but he wouldn't. Vegeta would probably beat Superman. Superman isn't vicious and there is a high likely hood that Vegeta will go all out on Superman before Superman could understand the capacity of Vegeta's power and stop holding back. Hate it or not, some things are a certain way, sometimes people would rather make things up than accept the facts.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@generator2000: How could Zod beat Goku, but Superman can't beat Vegeta? Since DBZ characters are extremely powerful I would see them beating Supes and Zod, but it hardly matters, I just stay away from these kinds of debates.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Experio

Its wrong to overrate guys like Vegeta so they can win, but its also wrong to hate on DBZ characters because of their fan-base.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 SC  Moderator

Most Marvel and DC fans are critical and harbor hatred for a lot of characters from Marvel and DC heh heh. Some X-Men fan hate Avengers. Some Superman fans hate Batman. Basically… its not a Marvel or DC VS Dragon Ball Z thing as much as its a human thing heh heh.

Personally I like everything generally. Especially DBZ. I think people talk to much about who beats who as if its fandom. When a large reason you like a character is how good they are in Battles, well then your less a fan of the character and more a fan of yourself and your belief about a character that you hold. Its the my dad can beat your dad mentality, as in the key word is the "my" part. This incidentally is why a lot of people can resent characters because its not so much about the character but the person.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: Because, Zod and Vegeta are more brutal than their opponents. They will go all out quicker and hold nothing back. If Goku started out as Super Saiyan 3 or 4, then the fight might be a bit different, but honestly, if he was anything lower, he'd lose. Goku could beat Zod in theory, but what is the likely hood of Goku going all out on Zod at first? Goku gets too testy and plays around too much.

Superman holds back too much power and he isn't murderous or especially vicious. If Superman knew who Vegeta was and was especially murderous, the fight might be different, but Superman has a history of not using his full power and or holding back. Even if Superman wasn't holding back, Vegeta would be difficult and Superman might not necessarily win.

Honesty is best decision maker.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By tomlikesfries

Hate to break it to you, but people don't always have the same opinions. And this:

@fallschirmjager said:

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

I'm actually not fed up with the fanbase I'm fed up with DBZ Kai I want that thing off the air and erased from everyones memory.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@sc said:

Most Marvel and DC fans are critical and harbor hatred for a lot of characters from Marvel and DC heh heh. Some X-Men fan hate Avengers. Some Superman fans hate Batman. Basically… its not a Marvel or DC VS Dragon Ball Z thing as much as its a human thing heh heh.

It's true comic fans, just love to hate. They rant and rave about all the reboots, yet come new comic book day they want to know where the latest issue of Thor is.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

I don't hate DBZ because I'm a comic fan (truth be told I read manga much more often then comics these days) I hate it because the anime/manga is nowhere as good as some claim and is vastly overrated.

Plus:

@fallschirmjager said:

This.

On top of that, I commented on my dislike for DBZ on Comicvine and I've been insulted multiple times in the past, to being called a "stupid wannabe Drake baller" or being told to "drop dead"

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@generator2000: I think it's just best to not debate DBZ vs DC characters.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And batman wanking gets shut down just as hard, SA is basically just the whole PIS routine, and ... yeah, can't excuse thor, but yeah, most fan wanking gets shut down.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe Goku can give Superman a helluva fight with a chance of winning too

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MetalJimmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MetalJimmor

I find it's not so much that DC and Marvel fans universally hate DBZ. They hate the debating style DBZ fans use to put their characters on Galactus levels of power when they consistently fail to destroy the planet they fight on. The repetition doesn't help. One guy comes in to say Goku beats Superman and causes this massive debate. Then once that finally dies another comes to make the same debate with the same flawed logic. Then another. Then another.

You'll notice that Superman fans rarely make Superman vs Goku threads because to them Goku isn't important. DBZ fans however seem obsessed with the idea of Goku beating Superman, as if it will somehow validate Goku as a superior defender of the Earth. After enough people show up to make the exact same arguments for the same fight for the same reason it just gets tiresome. No one ever comes up with unique DBZ vs threads, they just stick to the big named comic characters to prove DBZ superiority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@loplopool: Probably because many DBZ fans act like semi-literate children on forums.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@squares: That's a fairly unneeded generalization.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By frozenedge2

Well this is the internet where respecting peoples views is nonexistent, especially if that person tries to express their opinion in such a way you can't help but say or think "d@%^ they're stupid. That doesn't even make sense". It also doesn't help that majority, not all but majority, of DBZ fans logic is nothing more than "Goku/Vegeta/other character beat such and such character and everybody was saying they can blow up the universe but they've never actually done it but since it was said and not shown it must be true so that means Goku/Vegeta/other character can blow up the universe as well because they beat them"

loplopool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By loplopool
Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Brolytard1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Brolytard1337
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh it's just preference, dbz is cool but the battle threads get out of hand superman is too strong so idk why they pair them up just because goku is a badass doesn't mean he will win though superman would be impressed they would mre likely spar together than actualy fight

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm tired of everything involving DBZ.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cry more deeply next time. 1/10 thread.

Husk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Husk

I tend to avoid threads that deal with topics I know nothing about, (right now it seems Im avoiding Guardians of the Galaxy for ignorance of the material alot for instance) so when I saw the title had DBZ in it.. I didn't read it. until after 10 months of reading comic vine when I just gave in (since every two hours theres a new DBZ thread, and every day there are three locked DBZ threads.)

I have always been an anime and Manga fan (well since 1991) and only last year got into comics. but I had always avoided DragonBall and DragonBallZ since it was the only anime/manga that I never knew a girl to enjoy (and I am female). didn't even know who Goku was until last week when I I got fed up of seeing SOO many Goku threads I decided to look it up and found out he was related to DB and DBZ. watched the first season and HATED IT. but not necessarily the fans.

so I found the first Goku Thread I saw on CV and posted my new found knowledge. that thread as well as at least two other DBZ threads were locked today because of flaming. one I saw was a Comic reader instigating it. but the one I posted on had a DBZ fan make a snarky insult, followed quickly by AN EVEN WORSE rebuttal by a Marvel fan, going back and forth with one DBZ fan in a flame war with at least 4 comic fans, every post (by either side) being even worse than the last, they were all to blame for this in my opinion. but the worse was when we had two religions three countries two cultures, and 5 people all being insulted blatantly and directly and that had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

maybe the flames on both sides start because both sides are fed up with how they get treated by the other. or maybe both sides are fed up with the fact that this won't stop...everyday....do we really need to lock these threads EVERYDAY??....thats unfortunate. I don't think its necessarily those two fandems, maybe all because there is other hate floating around CV, just that one seems to be a focal point (or seemingly since I only see them locked, and have only read two threads dealing with this issue)

on a side note, I have banned my husband from posting on this thread, I put him in doghouse for comments he made on another thread and I don't want him tempted to do the same here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@husk said:

I tend to avoid threads that deal with topics I know nothing about, (right now it seems Im avoiding Guardians of the Galaxy for ignorance of the material alot for instance) so when I saw the title had DBZ in it.. I didn't read it. until after 10 months of reading comic vine when I just gave in (since every two hours theres a new DBZ thread, and every day there are three locked DBZ threads.)

I have always been an anime and Manga fan (well since 1991) and only last year got into comics. but I had always avoided DragonBall and DragonBallZ since it was the only anime/manga that I never knew a girl to enjoy (and I am female). didn't even know who Goku was until last week when I I got fed up of seeing SOO many Goku threads I decided to look it up and found out he was related to DB and DBZ. watched the first season and HATED IT. but not necessarily the fans.

so I found the first Goku Thread I saw on CV and posted my new found knowledge. that thread as well as at least two other DBZ threads were locked today because of flaming. one I saw was a Comic reader instigating it. but the one I posted on had a DBZ fan make a snarky insult, followed quickly by AN EVEN WORSE rebuttal by a Marvel fan, going back and forth with one DBZ fan in a flame war with at least 4 comic fans, every post (by either side) being even worse than the last, they were all to blame for this in my opinion. but the worse was when we had two religions three countries two cultures, and 5 people all being insulted blatantly and directly and that had nothing to do with the topic at hand.

maybe the flames on both sides start because both sides are fed up with how they get treated by the other. or maybe both sides are fed up with the fact that this won't stop...everyday....do we really need to lock these threads EVERYDAY??....thats unfortunate. I don't think its necessarily those two fandems, maybe all because there is other hate floating around CV, just that one seems to be a focal point

on a side note, I have banned my husband from posting on this thread, I put him in doghouse for comments he made on another thread and I don't want him tempted to do the same here.

You put your husband in a doghouse over some comments in a debate forum? Well aren't you lovely.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I only hate how people STILL don't get that DBZ vs comic characters are banned on this site and that there is a reason for it.

Plus Comicvine happens to be a site dedicated to American/Western comicbooks, Anime have other sites dedicated to them specifically.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm tired of everything involving DBZ.

pretty much this...

Okay, I like this ONE GIF that I use when I'm annoyed with someone

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Husk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam:

don't get me wrong, I have never put him in the doghouse before.... (except when I found out he spent over 200 dollars on comics the first month we both started reading comics. I forgave him quickly though)

I found his comment to be in extremely poor taste, and although he can hulk out on forums fairly often and I don't care. He does not resort to straight insults like this it invalidates his argument, and its not something I had ever known his to do. ribbing, in fun, is just fine. but in retort or hate, thats not the man I married.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its too easy to hate on DBZ. Most debates end up with someone power scaling and retarded calcs. To me, if it didn't happen on screen/panel its irrelevant. I don't care about multipliers, hyperbole, nlf. If it wasn't literally shown, its void. Imo.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Its too easy to hate on DBZ. Most debates end up with someone power scaling and retarded calcs. To me, if it didn't happen on screen/panel its irrelevant. I don't care about multipliers, hyperbole, nlf. If it wasn't literally shown, its void. Imo.

I have to agree...clacs and scales used to make sense to me before I got into comics, but now, it's just spam to me.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

OH DBZ isn't the only set of characters that should be considered for Banning. There are some others that cause flame wars; Zoom & Flash are at the top of the list in my mind. Whenever they battle high tier characters the debates always go south.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DBZ fans usually just want the characters to be stronger than they are. No one in DBZ can bust a galaxy or solar system. I've never seen them do it, so they can't.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Sighs)As a DC guy I could care less about DBZ.It don't interest me.I don't care if any DBZ character can beat any DC or Marvel brick.I don't care and its getting old.

But is it really important??Do DBZ have to be on Comic Vine??Why the love??

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@ccraft said:

Dragon Ball is better, DBZ had it's moments.

This!

Avatar image for superlightning123
Superlightning123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ccraft: I might be able to prove goku stomps zod

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I'll be stupid and ask What is DBZ?

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By judasnixon

If you came here for some DBZ love, you came to the wrong place........

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Ok, I'll be stupid and ask What is DBZ?

Dragon Ball Z.

Avatar image for anywhichwaybutup
AnyWhichWayButUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AnyWhichWayButUp

One thing I never understood was why Goku vs Superman not Gohan he's stronger. The problem was the writer left us with calculus style numbers and utter BS: Bologna Sugar. Comics ( as repetitive and in a sense dumb ) as it is does give us the numbers accordingly and not just say Superman can lift a planet then say oh well that was 2 years ago so the photosynthesis gives him a .934 % strength increase but since he fought DarkLuthenestroomsday he gets a slight strength boost every time and so on. No it's specific and orderly.( insert racist comment about japan again having more complicated math than America)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49  Edited By Erik

Why can alot of marvel and dc fans not appreciate and respect DBZ,i mean lately and looking in the past threads plus speaking to people most of the flames start from the comic side not the magna side i like all 3 in differant ways and feel their all very good however i think the childish oh my hero better than yr hero or goku is weak is pathetic shouldnt people respect other peoples views and if you dontl ike them dont have to comment on them

Nah. Plenty of users here love DBZ.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some the of the hate is their own doing to be honest here, but I will admit that I think that sometimes people egg the DBZ fanboys on a little.