Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By New_World_Order

This is a section where people can post scans/feats of characters that overrated and are truly not as impressive as they are made out to be.

I'll start with a few.

Hulk lifting the billion ton mountain. Yes it is impressive in a way, but look it's the Hulk. When you think of it, a mountain that size shouldn't have been that heavy for him, seeing as he lifts stuff bigger than that every other comic. When I looked at the actual size of the mountain, I was surprised the Hulk was struggling. To me it was not impressive, but to you it may be.

The famous Thor beating the crap out of Red Hulk. Come on this fight is often taken out of context, not to mention it's not that impressive. Be honest, why is it so impressive that Thor could do this to Red Hulk? He's fought the superior one more than any other superhero in Marvel, and has actually a good win record against him. Rulk was not even fighting back in this fight, and was just enduring the hits, which made Thor look like a fool. Regardless what people say, this feat isn't so impressive, and all it really showed is that Thor can strike pretty fast if need be or use the typical Mjolnir on the opponent trick.

Superior Spider-Man laying the smack-down on Wolverine. Too be honest I was waiting for this for a while to happen, although I wished it was actually Peter Parker who did. Also I knew it wouldn't be impressive, but rather because Logan deserves it at times. Spider-Man is faster, and stronger than Logan by no small margin, so it shouldn't have been that surprising to people when they saw it. Really this feat just showed why low street levelers like Wolverine can't hang with high street levelers like Spidey.

What feats do you think are highly used and talked about, but truly aren't impressive?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Red Hulk and Thor one really does just make Thor look like an a**. It also looks like a disgruntled writer trying to get digs in for the previous butt kicking.

The Spidey Wolvie one looks like what should happen everytime between the two.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares defeating A-bomb. Shouldn't really mean anything for a guy of his standard.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By New_World_Order
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Red Hulk and Thor one really does just make Thor look like an a**. It also looks like a disgruntled writer trying to get digs in for the previous butt kicking.

Why should one top tier street leveler be able to curbstomp someone whom has been able to give him decent fights?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@New_World_Order: He doesn't have many feats so I could see why it would be used as one.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By deaditegonzo

@wolverine08 said:
@deaditegonzo said:

Why should one top tier street leveler be able to curbstomp someone whom has been able to give him decent fights?

Wolverine shouldnt be able to give Spidey decent fights. If the argument is that Spidey is too noble and doesnt have the killer instinct, fine I see that, he'd hold back against Wolvie, but outside of that one factor, Spidey is LITERALLY superior to Wolverine in every way.

I see the argument made a lot that Wolverine would just heal and come back, and thats true too, but he'd still lose any one on one match up, especially against an out of character Spidey. They arent the same tier.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolverine008

@wolverine08 said:
@deaditegonzo said:

Wolverine shouldnt be able to give Spidey decent fights. If that argument is that Spidey is too noble and doesnt have the killer instinct, fine I see that, he'd hold back against Wolvie, but outside of that one factor, Spidey is LITERALLY superior to Wolverine in every way.

I see the argument made a lot that Wolverine would just heal and come back, and thats true too, but he'd still lose any one on one match up, especially against an out of character Spidey. They arent the same tier.

Well, your argument already has a problem in it in that Wolverine already has given Spider-Man decent fights. Off the top of my head, he already stalemated Peter back in their fist fight in Spider-Man versus Wolverine #1, and Peter literally went all out in that fight, so the holding back theory has flaws in it already just from that one fight. Wolverine has all the tools to give Peter a decent fight. The only real way you could say that he is literally superior in anyway is if you simply look at specific things while I'm avoiding others. Last time i checked, Peter is laughably outclassed by Wolverine durability wise. I'm pretty sure I couldn't send Peter out to do things like tank six consecutive punches from World War Hulk. That durability has let him tank hits Peter consistently besides the Spock incident. He literally smiled off a flurry of punches from a Peter whom had stopped holding back in their first fight, Peter threw him out of a 2,000 t. building in Amazing Spider-Man #425 and he hit the ground unfazed. He unloaded on him again in an Avengers practice session and James was just annoyed. Physically amped Back in Black Peter unloaded on him again and made him mad. The aforementioned durability makes blunt force a relatively crude way for Peter to win. He's got the speed to tag. Peter has always been portrayed as aster than him, but James has the speed to get him. He almost made him think that he could be faster than him back in their first fight. He came back a few issues later in Peter's own title and tagged him multiple times. After Peter almost got his head chopped off by Daken in Dark Regin, he compared the speed that was giving him problems to that of Wolverine's. He recently was fast enough to get Spock in a choke hold after he proclaimed that James wasn't going to touch him. He almost disemboweled Peter's faster clone Kaine in the opening moments of their fight while he was holding back, and outperformed Kaine avoidance wise an issue later whole both were dodging bullets from the Assassins Guild. He has the potential to tag Pete, and he can one shot with his damage output. Wolverine also has Peter completely outclassed in the martial area. I mean, his recent showing of putting down Kid Gladiator with a pressure point with his index finger due to having knowledge on alien martial arts outshines anything Peter has ever done in that department. He uses the aforementioned skill along with his speed to increase his chances of tagging Parker. I've danced the Spider-Man vs Wolverine dance many a times on the battle forums, and it's the common consensus that Peter nets James for a 7-8/10 majority after a good fight due to his superior physicals, Horizon Lab's tech, and use of webbing for incapacitation. But James gives him a solid fight due to the aforementioned reasons. They are not in completely different tiers any which way you cut it. Peter is street level, and like James, he's a high end street leveler.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deaditegonzo

@wolverine08: I wasnt saying there are not issues where Wolverine fights him on even terms, im saying that any issue where he does so is stupid and based on PIS and WIS. Because compared directly, its no contest. And the first major confrontation I remember between the two had Spidey make Wolverine look like a total joke, while koing the entire Xmen team in Secret Wars. And I basically think thats how it should always be, because pound for pound, Spider-man is superior in every way.

Damage soak is a good point, but Spidey is no slouch in that category either, and he has fought the Hulk and Juggernaut. Also, unlike EITHER of those characters, Wolverine really lacks any threat to Spider-man. Spidey would just dance around him, with his dexterity that is pretty much unmatched in Marvel, slugging him with hits that are equivalent to being hit by a semi truck. Wolverine could tank it for a while, but eventually he would give out.

Having Spidey call Wolverine faster than him, is one of the stupidest things a writer has ever done. Wolverine clocks in with cat-like reflexes vs a super human who is literally known for his speed, and has out danced some of the best on multiple occasions. Wolverine being a match for Spidey is only slightly less dumb than Spidey being a match for firelord.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: For one, Peter didn't call Wolverine faster than him, James was just moving fast enough at the time that he almost tricked Peter into thinking so before Peter realized he was faster. The other problem with your argument, and kind of what makes it hard to take you seriously, is that you are debating what you think should happen instead of supporting your argument with evidence from comics, and letting a dislike explain your argument. Which is frankly, weak stuff. Peter can't easily dance around someone whom has already consistently given him problems with his speed. You may think that Wolverine's speed should be no problem for Peter's, but comic writers disagree, and they have a higher amount of power in that regard to you. Your comparison to Firelord and use of the term PIS is also flawed as well. If you read the battle forum rules, PIS is something that is out of the norm for what a character has been able to do from how they are consistently portrayed, but the problem is that Wolverine has consistently given Peter problems in their fights, and shown his speed is a threat to him. Consistently. So, no. It is not PIS. I also don't see why you think that the difference between Peter and James is seriously comparable to that of a high end cosmic being like Firelord, and James has consistently given Peter problems unlike Parker's one time feat of pummeling a high end cosmic. That's simply a crude comparison. Your damage soak argument is also flawed when looked at the fight we are debating. Wolverine doesn't throw out blunt force like Hulk or Juggernaut. He throws out stabbing damage. Stabbing damage with adamantium that has pierced Hulk, Thanos, Gladiator, etc., and that can one shot Peter with one good hit whereas Wolverine has shown that Parker's damage output in the means of his blunt force is not much of a threat to him. I also don't see why you keep holding unto the idea that Peter is superior in every way when Wolverine damage output(claws), durability, and skill are all ludicrously superior to that of Parker's.

To conclude, I don't actually think Peter would lose a majority to Wolverine. Already said so in my first post to you. I also know that you don't like Wolverine, and I'm not asking you to do so. But next time you try debate who would win between comic characters, try support your argument with canon comic sources instead of your personal feelings about characters. Because at the end of the day, comics and comic writers decide comic character's capabilities, not you.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jashro44
  • Captain America fighting daredevil in Mark Waids run comes to mind. Basically cap shows up with prep, fire anti-radar chaff in the air, and daredevil still dances around him until the end, and people claim cap and daredevil stalemated....I'm sorry but daredevil clearly had the upper hand. People need to stop using that as a feat for captain america.
  • Captain america vs black panther in contest of champions 2, black panther was holding back. Not really much of a win for Steve when T'challa isn't going full out.
  • Cap beating rhino. Yea its a good feat on paper but rhino is a jobber. Realistically rhino would beat him easily, and everyone has one shotted rhino.
  • Batman one shotting/stomping kill croc. Same as cap vs rhino, its impressive on paper but everyone beats croc.
  • Deathstroke tagging the flash. He has mostly tagged kid flash and there is no indication how fast the flash was moving. And lots of people who shouldn't tag speedsters/flashes have done it. To be honest reacting to speedster feats in general are not impressive but this is the most common one that gets brought up.
  • Black panther beating Karnak. Same as batman/croc and cap/rhino. At least until Karnak fights another martial artist and wins this fight will always be in the same category as beating rhino or killer croc IMO.
  • Miles Morales beating spider-man is overrated to hell....So much context ignored....
  • Blade beating a vampire spider-man.......People don't seem to realize being feral is actually much worst then if Peter were in a normal state.
  • Also some feats Luther Strode does look more impressive then they are due to the art work. I think some people over exaggerate him IMO.

I'd post scans but I am a lazy man.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Sucker punches Diana once and suddenly people think Deathstroke can take Superman.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: I gave you their first confrontation as a source for example. Have you read Secret Wars? Spidey dances around him like he's nothing, as he should. I dont particularly care that your good with all the showings that contradict any issue that involves anyone but Wolverine. Wolverine consistently has issues with people with normal human reflexes, Spider-mans reflexes easily exceed the speed of bullets AND he has battle precognition. Slowing him down half the time when he fights Wolverine is just fanservice.

As for his durability, in Brand New Day, Spidey is hit by innumerable bullets that were tracking him from automatic weapons. It is a real world fact that bullet wounds are more fatal than knife wounds. A single stab isnt doing much, especially when Wolverine cannot hit him to begin with.

Spidey is a 50 class in strength, his hits at full force would easily disintegrate a normal human. Thats not the case with Wolverine, but my comparison to being repeatedly hit by a semi stands. 50 punches like that in the course of a few minutes would easily leave Wolverine punch drunk (his brain bouncing against his skull and what not).

His speed has been shown and called some of the greatest in the whole Marvel universe. Wolverine is just north of someone like Cap. His agility has been compared to animal reflexes. He isnt like Spidey, who is drawn hitting Hulk for example, from every angle at once. And some writers get this right. The image above for example. I also recall an issue of the Avengers where Spidey simply webs Wolvie to the wall before he can even react. Secret Wars as I mention. Half of all writers get it wrong.

Anyway, if your point is to agree to disagree, thats fine, as I had my fill of Wolverine fanboys years ago on the Marvel forums, it was about that time I started hating the character.

As a note, you did start out debating my personal feelings on the matter. Look at my first post, the post that this whole thing was me saying "The Spidey Wolvie one looks like what shouldhappen everytime between the two."

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

• the infamous and highly debated Citizen Steel Gog "takedown"
  • Atom Smasher punching BA.
deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam said:
No Caption Provided

Sucker punches Diana once and suddenly people think Deathstroke can take Superman.

Isnt she depowered here, btw?

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Thor has way better strength feats, i don't see why people thinks this one is the most impressive.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AweSam

@awesam said:
No Caption Provided

Isnt she depowered here, btw?

Don't recall, but Deathstroke took a pounding on the next page.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do think some of the Spidey vs Wolverine comments in this thread will rustle your jimmies @super_soldierxii :D

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla surviving a Black Hole in Godzilla Vs Megagurias which is actually some dimensional teleportation wave & not a real interstellar black hole which his fans claim it to be

Avatar image for the_flash_too_fast
The_Flash_Too_Fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost all of Iceman's feats are not impressive.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes "tanking" a supernova. Since, you know, he absorbs solar energy. He's even flown into the sun a few times.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dum529001

I agree with the first post. Impressive stuff but not nearly as impressve as other stuff.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei said:

Supes "tanking" a supernova. Since, you know, he absorbs solar energy. He's even flown into the sun a few times.

One of the Supernovas he survives is RED SUN radiation.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShenKuei

@shenkuei said:

One of the Supernovas he survives is RED SUN radiation.

The only one I've ever seen was not. Do you have scans?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei: That is a nebula sized Suneater. Superman flies a bomb into it and detonates it to blow the Suneater up. Pa Kent is the narrator and he says the blast is visually 50 times the size of Kepler's Supernova. This is the largest Supernova humans have observed.

I dont know why these are cropped funny, I just upgraded my pc and dont have my own scans any more. But to give more context, the next scene shows that after the initial explosion, energy shoots out from the core of the explosion at the speed of light, that Jonathon Kent believes will kill his son.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei: That is a nebula sized Suneater. Superman flies a bomb into it and detonates it to blow the Suneater up. Pa Kent is the narrator and he says the blast is visually 50 times the size of Kepler's Supernova. This is the largest Supernova humans have observed.

I dont know why these are cropped funny, I just upgraded my pc and dont have my own scans any more. But to give more context, the next scene shows that after the initial explosion, energy shoots out from the core of the explosion at the speed of light, that Jonathon Kent believes will kill his son.

Cool. You wouldn't happen to know what issue/story arc these came from do you?

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei: Action Comics 847, which interrupted the Last Son arc by Richard Donner. Drawn by Renato Guedes, and his art is really pretty in it.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By lightsout

@shenkuei said:

And while it doesn't make it non-powerful, I don't think many people think of the fact that it's an explosion traveling outward in all directions & the area Superman's body would take up is but a tiny, tiny fraction of the entire area of the explosion (ie: it's not as if you could look up the energy of a supernova & imply he took it all, he's only taking 1 teeny tiny part of it).

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ShenKuei

@shenkuei said:

And while it doesn't make it non-powerful, I don't think many people think of the fact that it's an explosion traveling outward in all directions & the area Superman's body would take up is but a tiny, tiny fraction of the entire area of the explosion (ie: it's not as if you could look up the energy of a supernova & imply he took it all, he's only taking 1 teeny tiny part of it).

Yeah, it's just as you say. Normally we don't think about this in battles, but the amount of force an explosion can press on you is limited by the size of your body. It's not necessarily a big factor when talking about a grenade-size explosion but a supernova is unimaginably large. A person sized object wouldn't be taking even a trillionth of the force.

That being said, him being able to fly into a red sun and tank that bomb's explosion is still incredibly impressive, just not the yellow sun feat.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33  Edited By lightsout

@shenkuei: I'd be curious to know what sort of changes take place between "rest state" in a star & when it goes supernova. Like, if anything changes & it would throw the weak-science explanations Superman writers come up with out of whack. (We already know that "red light" vs "yellow light" is complete bullshit. If anything, the difference between a red-spectrum star & a white/blue one is the composition of IR, visible-light & UV radiation given off....I'd have to guess it's UV that is affecting Superman because there's much less in a red-star than one like our own sun (though, most UV actually doesn't make it through the atmosphere)).

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ShenKuei

@shenkuei: I'd be curious to know what sort of changes take place between "rest state" in a star & when it goes supernova. Like, if anything changes & it would throw the weak-science explanations Superman writers come up with out of whack. (We already know that "red light" vs "yellow light" is complete bullshit. If anything, the difference between a red-spectrum star & a white/blue one is the composition of IR, visible-light & UV radiation given off....I'd have to guess it's UV that is affecting Superman because there's much less in a red-star than one like our own sun (though, most UV actually doesn't make it through the atmosphere)).

I have no idea, I'm not even gonna try to make sense of comic book "science".