Fears about the end of AvX and marvel NOW.

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Crimsonlord53

My first fear AvX is a massive retcon of the phoenix story and hope may end up replacing jean in the marvel mythos.

Next wanda marvel just may have her take on the phoenix force as penance for her actions.

Just a feeling but I have been thinking marvel/disney are blending the X men and Avengers line ups in an attempt to stop sony from making more movies.

The O5 x men coming to the current time line how dose it affect them if when they return to there proper place.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#1  Edited By x_29

Here is my prediction/ possible spoiler for AVX 12:

Both the X-men and Avengers are partnered up and all around the world trying to contain all the bad shit that is going on because dark phoenix cyclops is ruining everything. From Paris to the Himalayas, everyone is attempting to do damage control while essentially meeting failure when combating the dark phoenix himself. Eventually Loeb Nova comes out of absolutely nowhere (he is able to make it to the battle within seconds from a hemisphere away), decks cyclops out of the sky, and essentially meets failure and just doesn't really matter till the end from there (I am noticing a pattern with this kid). What he did do, however, is give Scarlet Witch and Hope the moment they need to get their shit together and fight Scott. 72 hours ago from the current point of avx 12, Hope lashed out at Wanda because all of this was her fault, essentially. It was the events of house of M that caused "cyclops to go down the path he is on because Wanda forced his hand". Wanda agrees but argues now isn't the time for this. Hope doesn't listen and continues to insist that Wanda ruined her life. Iron man and Cap calm her shit down.

Through the use of them both using Wanda's powers (Hope combining it with Iron Fist's training), they are able to weaken the Dark Phoenix for everyone to dog pile them and eventually defeat them. At this moment in time, I actually really felt for cyclops because of his monologue. I am going to put it in it's own paragraph so if you wanna wait to read it yourself, please skip it.

"All I wanted to do was change the world. To see my children grow up to be something other than time-traveling freedom fighters. To see mutants able to use their powers for more than just fighting killer robots. To usher in an era of peace. And I did. I made miracles. But somewhere along the way...I went off-track. Somewhere...." And then he begs them all to please kill him.

He then sees Jean (mentally, it seems. She does NOT come back) and she tells him to let it go. She says "it doesn't hurt". The Phoenix then leaves Scott's body and finally enters Hope. With this surge of power, she flies around the world trying to fix up all the shit Scott fucked up (admittedly all she seemed to do was put a bandage on it instead of say, deforming all the brand new volcanoes and whatever). My issue with this part is with Iron Man. A few panels ago his armor told him he did not have enough energy for flight. Unless the power source is constantly recharging, he should not have been able to fly after Hope like he does. She goes all white suit phoenix on them and starts talking about becoming the savior of all. Wanda than says "fuck that" and convinces Hope that she was not chosen because she could wield the power. She was chosen because she could let the power go and together (I assuming she is borrowing Wanda's powers again) they say "no more phoenix" and it leaves the earth. I have no idea if it still exists, but it isn't there anymore. What it DID do, however, before leaving was reversing the no more mutants thing. Suddenly people are developing mutant powers all around the world and cerebra is going nuts.

Scott is arrested and comes to realize he fucked up big time with the phoenix force and takes full responsibility for it. Emma Frost, Namor, and Magneto decided to run and now they are wanted for their crimes. Scott attempts to take the blame for them too, but Captain America tells him to shut up and that they will have to answer for themselves. He gets that the phoenix force is to blame for all this, but them deciding to run does nothing for them in trying to prove their innocence. After that is said, Cap claims he admits he was a dick in the start as well, and that he and the Avengers should have backed the mutants more often than they actually did. He intends to rectify that with the uncanny avengers.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

@x_29: Have you actually read AvX 12? Or is this purely your prediction?

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By soduh2

@TheCrowbar said:

Pretty detailed "prediction". I actually like the redemption behind a lot of it.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER
  1. Cyclops will die (either at the hands of current Jean Grey, Marvel NOW Jean Grey, Wolverine or Emma Frost)
  2. Marvel Now Cyclops will replace old Cyclops in continuity if current Cyclops does die
  3. Cyclops survives, but turns evil (without the Phoenix Force)
evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evilvegeta74

@NlGHTCRAWLER: None of the above, CVyke will live and eventually do whatever he chooses in MU, it's already been explained that he 's gonna meet his counterpart as well as the other xmen jumping to the future except J.grey!

spree4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spree4567

@soduh2 said:

@TheCrowbar said:

Pretty detailed "prediction". I actually like the redemption behind a lot of it.

Those are spoilers quoted directly from a post on NeoGaf. I can't speak for the credibility of it, but it seems pretty detailed.

soduh2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By soduh2

Hopefully this prediction isn't accurate.

Scott is arrested and comes to realize he fucked up big time with the phoenix force and takes full responsibility for it. Emma Frost, Namor, and Magneto decided to run and now they are wanted for their crimes. Scott attempts to take the blame for them too, but Captain America tells him to shut up and that they will have to answer for themselves. He gets that the phoenix force is to blame for all this, but them deciding to run does nothing for them in trying to prove their innocence. After that is said, Cap claims he admits he was a dick in the start as well, and that he and the Avengers should have backed the mutants more often than they actually did. He intends to rectify that with the uncanny avengers.

Cyclops: This is all my fault

Cap: Don't be so hard on yourself Cyclops, you were controlled by the Phoenix and the others need to take responsibility for their actions. I might be sort of guilty-ish here too.

Cyclops then says "I guess this begins a new age for the Avengers and X-men both." In which case Captain America screams at him "Don't you dare! Don't you dare try to turn this into a win! You waged a war that set friend against friend! You played Russian Roulette with the planet! You left wounds that will take years to heal if they ever heal at all. And you killed one of the finest men I've ever known. If you consider that a win...I pity you. I really do".

Cyclops: Hey we're getting along! X-men and Avenger!

Cap: Hey, don't acknowledge anything positive about this! You murdered professor X, and even though I said the Phoenix can be blamed for your actions I still hold you responsible.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Be afraid; be very afraid.

thespidey307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By thespidey307

@x_29: Huh, thats sounds accurate. But I'm missing something...did Magneto do something bad during this event? Or am I missing something?

Crimsonlord53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crimsonlord53
x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11  Edited By x_29

@TheCrowbar said:

Purely prediction.

Avatar image for thesecondopinion
TheSecondOpinion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheSecondOpinion

@thespidey307 said:

@x_29: Huh, thats sounds accurate. But I'm missing something...did Magneto do something bad during this event? Or am I missing something?

Magneto hasn't done anything "intentionally bad" ever since Fatal Attraction. However, ever since M-Day, The Chaos Wave brought Joseph back (as a bad guy), at the pre-AvX "The Coming" issue "Magneto: Not a Hero", Magneto is framed killing a block full of Anti-Mutant Protesters which forced the President to send in the Avengers after Magneto and the X-Men.