#1 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

What has been been your favorite indie comic of the year minus saga and the walking dead???

#2 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17422 posts) - - Show Bio

X-O Manowar or Invincible probably. TMNT honorable mention. All 3 better than TWD.

Lazarus, Unity and Sex Criminals are all pretty good too, but also pretty short.

#3 Edited by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT

#4 Posted by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

East of West if I can't vote for Saga.

#5 Posted by Xwraith (18092 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT

#6 Posted by ImagineMan16 (466 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't vote Saga? Hmm...

Invincible and TMNT are pretty good

#7 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Id go for East of West, Clone and Ten Grand as some of my favourites

#8 Posted by Cap10nate (2296 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. I want to say Invincible but I read the entire run this year so I am having trouble remembering what exactly happened this year. Great run so far.

Harbinger and X-O Manowar have both been great this year. I would give X-O the nod.

Fatale has also been good but kind of dragging on a little too long.

#9 Edited by danhimself (22539 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT

#10 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (11031 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible, amazing comic.

#11 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33360 posts) - - Show Bio

So this isn't favorite indy comic started in 2013?

#12 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

No but the issues have to be from this year!!

#13 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2985 posts) - - Show Bio

I love IDW's TMNT run

Also love Darkhorses BPRD:Hell on Earth

#14 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

X-O Manowar is pretty good.

#15 Edited by GrenadeFlow (1506 posts) - - Show Bio

Lazarus and Sex Criminals

#16 Posted by batman922 (268 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since I can't vote for Saga I'll have to go with X-O Manowar, I don't read many indies but Saga was highly recommended (and i love it) and one day I picked up X-O Manowar TPB Vol. 1 on a whim and I loved it, I've only read vol. 1 because I deployed shortly after reading it but I can't wait to catch up when I get home.

And P.S. am I the only one who doesn't like the walking dead tv show, I find it very boring, its like a soap opera with zombies and zombies arn't that cool but thats just my opinion lol.

#17 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read Saga or The Walking Dead, and I don't think I should vote for titles with only one issue(Sandman and Ghost) so:

1 - Pretty Deadly

2 - Powerpuff Girls

3 - Homecoming

4 - Trish Out Of Water

#18 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Lazarus gets my vote today. East of West is great and Black Science, Pretty Deadly, and Velvet are off to amazing starts.

#19 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like black science and velvet. But theres not enough issues to say its amazing yet. And pretty deadly I just cant get into, I have the 3rd issue sat on the side next to me but I cant be assed to read it

#20 Posted by The_Tree (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Mind MGMT.

#21 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

There's quite a few but my top three would be Lazarus, Pretty Deadly and Saga.

#22 Posted by AllStarHit-Girl (574 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. I want to say Invincible but I read the entire run this year so I am having trouble remembering what exactly happened this year. Great run so far.

One word:

Dinosaurus

#23 Posted by attatje (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman922: You're not the only one who doesn't like the TWD tv-show it's kind of boring and you don't get hooked into it IMO

#24 Posted by TDK_1997 (14891 posts) - - Show Bio

Lazarus or Mind MGMT

#25 Edited by gunmetalgrey (1269 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_jackolantern: If the first two issues of Pretty Deadly leave you scratching your head over some of the characters, the third issue ties it all together neatly and makes it all worth it. I was struggling too until I read it, now I can't wait to read more.

I thought The Wake has been really good. Can't wait 'til February to get started on part 2.

#26 Posted by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_jackolantern: If the first two issues of Pretty Deadly leave you scratching your head over some of the characters, the third issue ties it all together neatly and makes it all worth it. I was struggling too until I read it, now I can't wait to read more.

I thought The Wake has been really good. Can't wait 'til February to get started on part 2.

Ah thanks man. I thought I was the only one that was head scratching over the 1st 2 issues. Il give it a look and see if it clears it up for me!!

#27 Posted by batman922 (268 posts) - - Show Bio

@attatje: yeah I've tried to watch it a few times and I just can not get into it

#28 Posted by Deadgod (1401 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT , X-O Manowar , The Shadow , The Massive , Chew

#29 Posted by IrishX (2363 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by sagejonathan (1953 posts) - - Show Bio

X-O Manowar and Quantum & Woody.

Nobody gives Quantum & Woody the credit it deserves. It's a genuinely hilarious book with fun stories.

#31 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Invincible

2) Eternal Warrior

3) TMNT

4) The Walking Dead.

#32 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7975 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT.

#33 Posted by Wolverine08 (42174 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Edited by TimeLordScience (946 posts) - - Show Bio

Sex Criminals. I know there are haters but I love Fraction so much.

#35 Posted by Catsnlynne (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bat from Dynamite and Captain Midnight from Dark Horse.

#36 Edited by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

Lazarus

#37 Posted by InFamous_Wolf (979 posts) - - Show Bio

Ten Grand,Black Science, and The Legend of Luther Strode.

#38 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17422 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Invincible

2) Eternal Warrior

3) TMNT

4) The Walking Dead.

How is Eternal Warrior? I'm all ready reading 4 Valiant books and they're all killer.

#39 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

1) Invincible

2) Eternal Warrior

3) TMNT

4) The Walking Dead.

How is Eternal Warrior? I'm all ready reading 4 Valiant books and they're all killer.

It's F*cking amazing, I really like it, and it's just not getting interesting. greg pak is boss.

#40 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17422 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager said:

@theacidskull said:

1) Invincible

2) Eternal Warrior

3) TMNT

4) The Walking Dead.

It's F*cking amazing, I really like it, and it's just not getting interesting. greg pak is boss.

We'll see if I have any X-mas money left lol.

Valiant is so underrated right now. Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Bloodshot and Shadowman are all great books.

And I heard nothing but good things about their other ones too lol. Even their events...Harbinger Wars was great and Unity has started off even better.

#41 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Yeah, Valiant just simply can't screw up right now, personally I'm only reading eternal warrior because it's amazing and because greg pak is one my favorite writers, but I've heard nothing but good about the other titles.

#42 Edited by Fallschirmjager (17422 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Yeah, Valiant just simply can't screw up right now, personally I'm only reading eternal warrior because it's amazing and because greg pak is one my favorite writers, but I've heard nothing but good about the other titles.

If you can afford it I'd recommend the 4 I listed off. Especially X-O Manowar and the Unity event.

#43 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

If you can afford it I'd recommend the 4 I listed off. Especially X-O Manowar and the Unity event.

Thanks for the recommendation. :)

#44 Posted by raythelion (191 posts) - - Show Bio

X-o manowar

#45 Posted by The Stegman (24360 posts) - - Show Bio

Angel and Faith

#46 Edited by VoodooPenguin (999 posts) - - Show Bio

Sheltered.
Bad Dog.

#47 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6286 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read Saga or The Walking Dead, and I don't think I should vote for titles with only one issue(Sandman and Ghost) so:

1 - Pretty Deadly

2 - Powerpuff Girls

3 - Homecoming

4 - Trish Out Of Water

Eek, I missed out Ursa Minor for some reason. It's probably:

1 - Pretty Deadly

2 - Powerpuff Girls

3 - Homecoming

4 - Ursa Minor

5 - Trish Out Of Water