what are your favourite batman comics? i think the hush saga is close to the top of my list..!
I have a few Bat favs I'd say
1) A Lonely Place of Dying: Because it actually goes into the importance of why Robin's around and sidekicks in General
2) Year One-The Man Who Falls-Long Halloween: I like to consider these three one long arc and is just great reading (also my only Miller on here)
3) Under the Hood: Actually made Jason Todd a character worth reading.
4) Riddle Me That: A lesser know arc, but an attempt to reinvent my favorite villain. Kinda has gotten forgotten about though.
5) The Killing Joke/Man Who Laughs: Basically invented modern Joker.
Gates of Gotham: The best of the late Pre-52 Batman stories and what got me on the Scott Snyder fanbus. Not on list because its Dick Grayson Batman.
Anytime Killer Moth shows up. The dude's a riot!
1. The Dark Knight Returns - Cliche answer but it's hands down one of my all-time favorites.
2. A Lonely Place of Dying - A great pseudo-follow-up to A Death in the Family, excellent origin for Tim Drake and analysis of the Robin role.
3. Under the Hood - This one really sold me on Jason Todd and had some great character moments.
4. Heart of Hush - I prefer this immensely to Loeb's Hush, which I find to be entertaining but very lackluster.
5. Batman RIP - An overcomplicated masterpiece. Grant Morrison is love-it or hate-it and I was totally into this one.
Most of these listed are good to great. I'm gonna date myself by mentioning the Englehart/Rogers run on Detective, and the O'Neil/Adams run on Batman. (Right after their famous Green Lantern run.) Those two runs are as good as any Batman stories.
Just recently read the "Nobody" saga again. Geez, I really like that one. That final fight between Batman and Nobody in Batman & Robin #7 has got to be the most brutal battle I've ever read in a Batman comic! And I've read pretty much all the standard "great" Batman stories. Tomasi just nailed that one.