#1 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

As I've said before, I'm relatively new to the whole comicbook thing. What I've noticed, though, is that I have a tendency when looking for a new graphic novel to read, I get drawn to a particular artist or a particular writer. For example, I was talked into getting vol 1 of the new Astonishing Xmen because it's Joss Whedon writing it, now I'm hooked. So here's my question, who're everyone's favourite writers, artists, pencillers, etc? Let me start:

Writers: Joss Whedon and Jeph Loeb

Artist: Michael Turner
Post Edited:2007-03-14 11:38:08

#2 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

Writers: Chris Priest,Warren Ellis, Alan Moore, Brian K vaughn, Grant Morrison, Dan Abnett, Andy Landing,Reggie Hudlin,Ivan Velez Jr,Dwayne McDuffie, early Chris Claremont, Mark Millar, Brian M. Bendis,Kyle Baker and prolly more.

Artists: John Paul Leon,Art Adams,Mike Mignola,Mike Golden,Olivier Coipel,Chriss Cross, JR jr,Bryan Hitch, Frank Quietly,Chris Bachalo, Jason Pearson,Damion Scott,Alex Ross,Jae Lee,Jim Lee,Greg Capullo,John Cassady,John Mcrea,Jack Kirby,Steve Ditko,Keron Grant prolly more.

#3 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Alan Moore, Frank Miller, BK Vvaughn, Loeb.

Arist: Jim Lee, Tim Sales and Alex Ross

#4 Posted by Oluf_Von_Host_Museum (84678 posts) - - Show Bio

Walkingstone says:

"As I've said before, I'm relatively new to the whole comicbook thing. What I've noticed, though, is that I have a tendency when looking for a new graphic novel to read, I get drawn to a particular artist or a particular writer. For example, I was talked into getting vol 1 of the new Astonishing Xmen because it's Joss Whedon writing it, now I'm hooked. So here's my question, who're everyone's favourite writers, artists, pencillers, etc? Let me start:
Writers: Joss Whedon and Jeph Loeb
Artist: Michael Turner
Post Edited:2007-03-14 11:38:08"

Me to babe.

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

artists... Alex Ross, got to be... followed very closely by Michael Turner.

for writers/creators there's only one name that springs to mind...

Garth Ennis

he created The Hitman, Best DC hero EVER. If I had super-powers Id be like this guy. Which other hero uses telepathy to make it easy to hook up with girls, shooting skills to take hits on super-villains and x-ray vision to see what Catwoman and wonder woman look like beneath the costume? This guy´s puked on Batman, dated Catwoman, tricked the Demon and shot the Joker.

i believe that says it all lol

M

#6 Posted by Psychose (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Writers: Jeph Loeb, Frank Miller, André Goscinny, CLAMP Studio, Christophe Arleston, Tsukasa Hojo

Artists: Tim Sale, Frank Miller, CLAMP Studio, Tsukasa Hojo, Didier Tarquin