• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by k4tzm4n (39427 posts) 9 months, 26 days ago

Poll: Favorite TV Shows VOTING: Arrow vs. Young Justice (398 votes)

Arrow 26%
Young Justice 52%
I love both of them 20%
I'm not a fan of either show 2%
It brings me great shame to admit I haven't watched both and won't be able to before Friday 1%

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

"Comic Vine, you're asking me to compare a live-action show and an animated show. What is this madness?!" Sure, these two options have big differences, but at the end of the day, both aim to immerse you in the DC universe and give you an emotional connection to its characters. They may be different viewing experiences, but we want to know which one you prefer!

Have you fallen in love with the live-action take on Green Arrow's adventures or do you think Young Justice's animated tales are full of awesomeness? Both have aired 2 seasons (sadly, only Arrow will be returning for more) and both have featured Deathstroke, our latest Character of the Month, but we're wondering if you have a preference between these two comic book shows. Maybe you love them equally? Or perhaps you're not a fan of either? No matter what your opinion may be, we want to hear from you. So, cast your vote and voice your opinion!

There's no need to rush to a conclusion just yet, Viners. The poll is staying open until Friday morning (ET), so that should give you more than enough time to reflect on these two shows. What is it about one of these programs that potentially makes it more engrossing than the other? Is it the way certain characters are developed? Maybe a specific plot really won you over? Do you adore the action in one of these shows? Think it through and don't forget to vote!

If you want to go the extra mile, leap into the comments and share your thoughts on the match. If the post is excellent enough, there's a chance we'll highlight it in Friday's article. However, if the post is longer than a few paragraphs, odds are we won't highlight it. Please, try and keep it fairly concise if you want it to be considered for the updated article!

Check the homepage this Friday to see which TV show wins and why. In the meantime, feel free to make future match-up suggestions in the comments below or tell us via Twitter.

#1 Edited by JasonHawke (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice did it better.

#2 Posted by Jonez120 (6429 posts) - - Show Bio

YJ by a considerably large margin.

#3 Posted by SHAZAM117 (5000 posts) - - Show Bio

Really like ARROW, but YJ was better imo. Damn shame they cut off that show *smh*

#4 Posted by dagmar_merrill (12134 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of either.

#5 Edited by RogueShadow (14757 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow. Amazing stunt work and choreography for a TV show, the battle between Cyrus Gold and Arrow is one of the best I've seen, it genuinely looked like a metahuman was fighting. Also, people bash the acting and while there is some merit to that in certain characters, there are one or two really good performances with excellent character development. Moira & Slade are examples of this. Moira being the best in my opinion, her character was awesome and there were some really interesting layers to her. I also like the Nolanesque vibe of it, it forays too deep into cheesiness every now and then, but on the whole, manages to keeps it fairly muted for a CW show.

So yeah, I like Arrow more, though YJ was cool.

#6 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (9871 posts) - - Show Bio

LOVE THEM BOTH.

#7 Posted by Justthatkid (5901 posts) - - Show Bio

Would of loved if they handled both shows differently.

But YJ.

#8 Posted by SupBatz (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice was consistently amazing. Arrow varies immensely in quality.

Young Justice is generally faithful to source material, finding elegant ways to blend things that are normally skipped over/retconned in comics (such as Jay Garrick). Arrow generally screws the source material for whatever plot they feel like doing that week (Firefly, the Count).

Young Justice gave us consistently developing main characters, as well as a recurring cast who managed to remain interesting even in spite of their limited appearances. Arrow's characters can be quite frustrating at times.

And, the really killer, Young Justice gave us a better version of Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Roy Harper than Arrow EVER has.

Arrow is enjoyable. Young Justice was amazing.

#9 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (7519 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice easy.

#10 Posted by ScrappyDont27 (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Have not watched the 2nd season of arrow still on my DVR, but if young justice was still on you could bet money I would have seen every episode of the new season, so it gets my vote

#11 Posted by AmazingWebHead (6719 posts) - - Show Bio

You can't ask me to choose!

#12 Posted by k4tzm4n (39427 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff Online
#13 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

Young Justice was consistently amazing. Arrow varies immensely in quality.

Young Justice is generally faithful to source material, finding elegant ways to blend things that are normally skipped over/retconned in comics (such as Jay Garrick). Arrow generally screws the source material for whatever plot they feel like doing that week (Firefly, the Count).

Young Justice gave us consistently developing main characters, as well as a recurring cast who managed to remain interesting even in spite of their limited appearances. Arrow's characters can be quite frustrating at times.

And, the really killer, Young Justice gave us a better version of Green Arrow, Black Canary, and Roy Harper than Arrow EVER has.

Arrow is enjoyable. Young Justice was amazing.

Pretty much this

#14 Posted by Slonewolf (51 posts) - - Show Bio

I love both shows. I'm still upset we don't have a season 3 of Young Justice, but I can't choose between these two. You get the best story-telling and entertainment from both live-action and animated with these two great shows.

#15 Edited by baneofdemon22 (591 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stand Arrow, so I voted for Young Justice. They're both cheesy, but Arrow is unbearable. I hope the DC Cinematic Universe never crosses over with it. And now with the "Lightning abs" humor in Flash, I'm worried it will be just as bad. Young Justice just needed to get rid of the catch phrases. The payoff for "Hello Megan," wasn't worth it, and "Neptune's Beard" is even worse. Besides that, I thought the first season was excellent. The second season was a really generic alien abduction storyline, and the ending was extremely disappointing. Wally was probably my favorite character on the show, and then they threw him in at the last minute to kill him, so it had little weight. They also dragged out that 5 year time skip Justice League dilemma way too much, and once again, didn't pay off.

#16 Posted by AmazingWebHead (6719 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Linore (31 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice all the way! Not only did it have fleshed out characters it had engaging storylines and also good animation. I feel like I can actually care about the characters and imo was up there woth Justice League in making good plots and developing stroylines. My only gripe is....Its gone T.T

#18 Edited by Fetts (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

ARROW. The suspense, the drama, the characters,the character development, the acting, the storyline, the cameos, the twists, the easter eggs, Stephen Amell's swag, Manu Bennet's voice… I love everything about it. Young Justice… I only watched the first three or four episodes. It was pretty good for a cartoon I'll grant you. The action and story lines and the characters and character development was nice. But I couldn't stand any more of the "Hhhheeellllllllllooo! Megan!".

#19 Posted by Nahuel (392 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice without a doubt!

The best DC show I've seen since JL Unlimited.

It'll be great if someone at DC would make a Young Justice season 3 comic book, just like they did with Smallville. It deserves it! I mean, that show had great character design, great character development, it was full of B-listers and deep relationship between them.

And I need to know what happens after season 2's insane cliffhanger!

#20 Edited by AnnoyedImmortalSpirit (783 posts) - - Show Bio

You have failed this thread

*shoots arrow*

#21 Posted by The Stegman (28724 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow, cause it's still on the air.

#22 Posted by Xwraith (25214 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow. I'm sorry to say that I've never seen Young Justice.

#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (39427 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow, cause it's still on the air.

Low blow, man. Low blow!

Staff Online
#24 Edited by darkbeam (2846 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

Arrow. I'm sorry to say that I've never seen Young Justice.

Then don't vote.

#25 Edited by SaintWildcard (14402 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by SaintWildcard (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I prefer Arrow. I think the story is better and the Villains are more interesting.

#27 Edited by TDK_1997 (15870 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice. Arrow shouldn't even be put in the same sentence along with YJ. Arrow lacks everything you need for a TV Show to be good - good plot,good actors,good budget and good character development. It's just a bad show in a tv programme filled with bad shows.

#28 Posted by ImmortalOne (3618 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly can't choose, love them both equally.

#29 Posted by MrMazz (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice as a spiritual sibling to Justice League/Unlimitied and a quintessential Greg Weisman piece it showed just how well he and his crew understood how to tell serial/episodic stories with well drawn characters. Expanding its universe in the second season in ways most shows teen oreinted, live action, animated or otherwise just don't go for.

With Miss Martian perhaps becoming one of the most terryfing characters on the series, Episode 21 "Image" becomes so much more impactful with the context of season 2 and that's after it already brings up questions of identity and authenticity. Also shout outs to "Failsafe" an episode that tells you from the beginning what it is and still manages to make you invest in it.

Arrow expanded mightly in season 2 and came together by the end of season 1 and will likely surpass this show but for now it's Young Justice.

#30 Posted by Azrayl (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow's first season was , for most part , nothing but a cheap imitation of Batman Begins ( use of flash-backs - a guy who after losing his wife become a villain and have a personnel connection to the hero and also plan to destroy his city - absence of magic and superpowers etc ) with an unhealthy dose of the CW 's melodrama , it did have some good episodes and the shown definitely become better in the second season . Young justice on the other hand had better planed story arcs , plenty of character development and a better use of the DC universe mythology

#31 Posted by vandinejd_1991 (472 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only watched Young Justice. Need to watch Arrow.

#32 Posted by averywetfrog (586 posts) - - Show Bio

what a hilarious match up. Young Justice is debatably better than all other comic book shows/films. Arrow is a poorly acted, directed, and plotted mess. Its like they dont even try with live action comic book shows. There is not a single thing that Arrow has over Young Justice. It is a crying shame that Young Justice is cancelled while shows like Arrow get to go on. It is poorly made and only continues to get good ratings because it is a comic book show.

#33 Posted by Cypher4 (83 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually I can make a choice. This time, though, I can't. I love both shows.

#34 Posted by BlackLegRaph (2124 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Young Justice by quite a lot. The full cast of characters was more entertaining, both heroes and villains. Great encounters and confrontations and a great plot.

#35 Posted by those_eyes (10837 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow deathstokes costume makes it automatically worse than young justice.

#36 Posted by Yung ANcient One (5048 posts) - - Show Bio

Mmmm. A well written cartoon show or a gossip girl's batman dressed as a urban robin hood. MMM. Decisions. (+)

#37 Posted by Justthatkid (5901 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: still being on air isn't that impressive for a CW show.. Lol

#38 Posted by The_Comebacks (302 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually choose sides but I choose I love both of them. Both shows took relatively unknown characters like Blue beetle (for young justice) and Felicity (for Arrow) and make them the true heart of the show.

#39 Edited by Pwok21 (2464 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow is a terrible show because they took away everything that made Green Arrow kinda quirky and turned him into a cheap Batman ripoff.

Fight me.

#40 Posted by viin (855 posts) - - Show Bio

both are great shows but it seems kinda hard to compare them

#41 Posted by k4tzm4n (39427 posts) - - Show Bio
@viin said:

both are great shows but it seems kinda hard to compare them

That's the point, dudebromanfriend! Hopefully it'll force fans of both to really compare/contrast all of the elements.

Staff Online
#42 Posted by Figgs216 (82 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a weird battle, two shows that are competently different

#43 Posted by batmannflash (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice!

#44 Posted by micah (6406 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice easily.

#45 Posted by Catsnlynne (1167 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow, because of Deathstroke.

#46 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (6273 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice stomps!!

#47 Posted by LyraFay (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

Young Justice. Great stories, excellent characters and plot twists like Game of Thrones. And the versions of Green Arrow, Black Canary, Count Vertigo (who came my new fav villain after watching the show!) and Speedy are better than the cringe worthy Arrow ones. Oliver Queen and Dinah Lance are actual human beings as opposed to blank fashion models.

#48 Edited by judasnixon (8384 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I give my vote to Teen Titans Go?

#49 Posted by Pokeysteve (9094 posts) - - Show Bio

I preferred the first season of YJ but the second season of Arrow. Damn. I'm going with Arrow. It made me like a character I despise.

#50 Posted by Pokeysteve (9094 posts) - - Show Bio

I preferred the first season of YJ but the second season of Arrow. Damn. I'm going with Arrow. It made me like a character I despise.