• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 2 months, 6 days ago

Poll: Favorite Movies VOTING: Bryan Singer's X2 vs. X-Men: Days of Future Past (237 votes)

X2 20%
X-Men: Days of Future Past 60%
I love both of them 16%
Sorry, I'm not a fan of either 3%
It brings me great shame to admit I haven't watched both and won't be able to before Friday 2%

The X-Men cinematic universe continues to expand, but this week, we want to reflect on two of its chapters by director Bryan Singer: X2 and X-Men: Days of Future Past. 2003's sequel ramped up the excitement, focused on Wolverine's dark history, and opened with an unforgettable action scene involving Nightcrawler. The latest installment focused on setting the franchise back on the right track and teased a very thrilling future for these iconic characters. Both are thoroughly enjoyable movies, but we want to know if you have a preference between these two films.

We know this won't be one of the easiest decisions around for some of you and we want to point out there's no need to make up your mind just yet. Voting will stay open until Friday morning (ET), so that should give you a proper amount of time to really think this one through or even re-watch both of these movies. Once the poll is closed, we'll post an article on Friday with the voting percentages and highlight some of the community's posts. That means if you're going to vote, we really encourage you to share your thoughts with us, too. If the post's excellent enough there's a chance we'll feature it in the updated article! Does a certain performance help boost one of these movies? A specific mutant's role won you over? An awesome action sequence dropped your jaw? We want to hear from you! So, which will it be, Viners?

Check the homepage this Friday to see which movie wins and why. In the meantime, feel free to make future match-up suggestions in the comments below or tell us via Twitter.

#1 Posted by nigravirum1 (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Seem how's I'm one of the few who actually hated X2, and thought DOFP was one of the greatest superhero movies ever made, I'm gonna go DOFP

#2 Edited by i_dont_like_comics (570 posts) - - Show Bio

days of future past. only due to quicksilver. i love that guy, actor i mean. i am very sad he is not the avengers quicksilver and bland mccardboard is.

#3 Posted by SilverPool (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

Days of Future Past by a small margin.

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO PROTECT THEM! WHERE WERE YOU, CHARLES!?

#4 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21435 posts) - - Show Bio

X2

#5 Edited by GraniteSoldier (7470 posts) - - Show Bio

Days of Future Past is my favorite X movie to date. Got to go with that one.

#6 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

Days of Future Past. I didn't like any of the movies before First Class.

#7 Edited by leokearon (1782 posts) - - Show Bio

Days of future's past for making X3 and the two Wolverine movies non-canon.

#8 Posted by ShadowSwordmaster (13476 posts) - - Show Bio

Days of Future Past but I like X2.

#9 Edited by AmazingSpiderman15 (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

wasn't x2 non-canon as well

#10 Edited by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

I do like X2 and still enjoy watching it, but DoFP was better in every way (and I keep saying that when it's compared to pretty much any comic film. I wonder if any comic movie will ever be able to come along and top it).

#11 Posted by batmannflash (6210 posts) - - Show Bio

both are great but DoFP was more amazing!

#12 Posted by SynCig (412 posts) - - Show Bio

DOFP for sure. Love both movies though.

#13 Edited by Fallschirmjager (16328 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugh looks weird young.

#14 Posted by RisingBean (3819 posts) - - Show Bio

X-2 has never impressed me terribly. Save for Jean's death, or more accurately how Scott and Logan took it. We get Cyclops who I feel is the most important X-Man being used as a baddie, we get ninja Sabretooth, and we use Magneto again. Old man Stryker didn't really impress me. Decent movie, but it just didn't do much compared to the others in the series.

DoFP on the other hand while keeping Wolverine as our focal point sees his fellows doing most of the important stuff, we get an ending that brings back our core team (who to me includes Cyke, Wolverine, Jean, Storm, Colossus and Nightcrawler. Sadly the last isn't considered core by the movie crew.) and the sky is now the limit. And it was a fun ride on the whole. I'm also a sucker for post apocalypse stuff and the future here is scary indeed.

#15 Posted by RustyRoy (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

Love both of them.

#16 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

DOFP.

I mean Storm gets skewered, how can you not love that?

#17 Posted by Owie (3684 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightcrawler had one of the best scenes in any comic movie, but Stryker was a weird choice for a villain. I did like Pyro's change of character and a number of other aspects of X2. But overall it was a bit unbalanced and perhaps claustrophobic; Future Past worked better; Quicksilver and Magneto were fantastic.

#18 Posted by lmothander (98 posts) - - Show Bio

How were these made non-cannon?

#19 Posted by copete (1075 posts) - - Show Bio

DOFP.

I mean Storm gets skewered, how can you not love that?

#20 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

X2 is amazing but Days of Future Past was...just better.

#21 Posted by RogueShadow (10241 posts) - - Show Bio

X2 is amazing but Days of Future Past was...just better.

#22 Posted by dondave (36069 posts) - - Show Bio

DOFP

#23 Posted by Manwhohaseverything (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

X2..it's not going to win, but I don't get where DOFP was anything but a solid summer flick. Nothing spectacular IMHO.

#24 Posted by The Stegman (23812 posts) - - Show Bio

DOFP.

Quicksilver was awesome

Peter Dinklage was awesome

Great plot

Great action

McAvoy blew me away, as did Fassbender

Best superhero flick of 2014.

#25 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

#26 Posted by TommytheHitman (3068 posts) - - Show Bio

X Men DOFP nearly made me cry at the end and that isn't bad.

#27 Posted by Queso6p4 (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

X2, hands down.

#28 Posted by Wolverine08 (40775 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugh looks weird young.

I noticed that as well.... Looks baby faced.

#29 Posted by Ducey13 (30 posts) - - Show Bio

X2 by a mile. I also prefer First Class over DOFP.

#30 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17827 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'll get eaten for this, but I preferred X2 in all honesty. While Future past was definitely a powerhouse in terms of X movies, there was always something about X2 which I really enjoyed. Wolverine was still seeking his identity, Striker was a very cool villain, the story was interesting, the action was spectacular, and the list goes on. Plus I enjoyed the cast a bit more, because in DoFP essentially only two characters were developing, Raven and Charles, in X2 we had Wolverine, Rogue, Bobby, Pyro, Charles, Magneto and Nightcralwer( Who was f*cking awesome by the way) all dealing with their own sh*t.

I loved both movies though, nice matchup.

#31 Posted by RedX17 (73 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both of them very much. But as much as I thoroughly enjoyed X-Men: Days of Future Past, I have to say X2. Days of Futures Past was one of the best comic book movies I have seen in my life ( but Captain America Winter Soldier, Blade II, and The Dark Knight are the best ever in my opinion.) I mean, the flick did pretty much have everything. Awesome displays of powers, political stuff, Science stuff, a spectacular cast and awesome performance. But we could not have had this spectacular film without the sequels. If it wasn't for the past movies, the process couldn't have been refined, and we wouldn't have had a spectacular film. So that's the reason I must chose X2. Because if it wasn't for X2, we couldn't have days of futures past the way we love it.

Also, while all of the mystique and sentinel fights are amazing... it just doesn't have the impact that Mystique fighting and slipping past 50 armed soldiers does. The Deathstrike and Wolverine battle was spectacular, and Nightcrawlers white House battle has become the bar for awesome movie battles. I mean seriously, who can tell me they haven't rewatch the movie just to see that moment? Or look it up on the net? X-Men: Days of Future Past was awesome, but it's fight scenes just were not as memorable as the past.( Except for Storm and Wink's deaths, but those don't really count, since their DEATHS and not fights.

#32 Edited by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

X2.

#33 Posted by ScrappyDont27 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing days of future past has going for it was that it un-did X3, the rest of that movie was overrated (besides quicksilver).

#34 Posted by Wolverine08 (40775 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for both.

#35 Posted by Experio (15150 posts) - - Show Bio

X2

#36 Posted by The Lobster (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men Days of Futures Past.

X-2 while still a solid film, just kinda rolled through the motions of superhero films. There's a bad guy, and the heroes and villains have to team-up in order to defeat them. While Days of Future Past do all of that, but in a fresh unique way. Days of Future Past actually raises some deep philosophical questions about time-travel and the redemption arc of Xavier has more character development than X-2 does with any of it's characters.

Days of Futures Past has really only two flaws, one being that it's a waste of space having Magneto tell Wolverine that Mystique kills Trask in Paris. Than the film shows the audience how she figures that out by breaking into Trask Industries. We already know that she gets there, we don't need to see how. The second is that Quicksilver just kinda comes in, does his stuff, and is than never talked about again. He just kinda comes and goes.....like Quicksilver, I guess.

Also the cast from X-men First Class is better than the cast from X-2....there I said it. Michael Fassbender is the perfect Magneto, Jennifer Lawrence is fantastic as Mystique (and drop dead gorgeous), and James McAvory while not yet looking like his comic book counter-part as much as Patrick Stewart does...nails the personality down to a tee.

#37 Posted by BR_Havoc (1285 posts) - - Show Bio

X2 for me, DOFP had great character moments but the action was terrible, the future scenes were a waste of time to see new X characters get slaughtered and the ending was pretty anti climatic, I did love when Wolverine came back to the present but it could not save the movie from just being okay in my books. Thank god that DOFP had such good acting that they managed to cover up that terrible swiss cheese script.

#38 Edited by greenlucario (215 posts) - - Show Bio

X2,, DOFP left me unsatisfied. But maybe that"s because of the lack of Nightcrawler. DOFP was alright and probably comes in second after X2, but I've seen enough character development for Professor X, Magneto and Wolverine so I'm sick of them, plus the future scenes were awful.

#39 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, I'm the 1% who hasn't seen either.

#40 Posted by spidershamrock (1130 posts) - - Show Bio

Both great but DoFP is one of the best superhero films I've ever seen

#41 Posted by RoTheKid (253 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a tough one for me. Days of Future Past is slightly ahead here for me. I LOVED X2. However, after watching Days of Future Past, I really loved the movie and it brought my hopes back up for the X-Men movie franchise. I never liked X-Men 3 or First Class ('til this day I still don't know why so many people loved this movie). And while the first X-Men movie wasn't too bad, it was held back by a limited budget.

I feel that Days of Future Past really redeemed the franchise altogether. It cleverly trimmed everything which brought the franchise downhill. I only hope that the next movie can live up to this one! :)

#42 Posted by Xwraith (16900 posts) - - Show Bio

Days of Future Past is by far the best X-Men movie.

#43 Posted by AmazingWebHead (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

Days of Future Past, for being an actual X-Men movie, not a Wolverine movie.

#44 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6585 posts) - - Show Bio

Love em both

#45 Edited by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen DOFP yet but X2 is the best X-film I've seen...

#46 Posted by SupBatz (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

DoFP was flippin' fantastic!

#47 Posted by Omnicrono (1739 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by PowerHerc (82755 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily "Days of Future Past."

#49 Posted by SHAZAM117 (2811 posts) - - Show Bio

X2 > Days of Future Past

imo

#50 Posted by SurfingtheHighway (23 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Days of Future Past. I didn't like any of the movies before First Class.

Ditto.