• 117 results
Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Favorite Indie Title? (Comic Book Question of the Week) (270 votes)

Chew 5%
Clone 1%
Deathmatch 1%
East of West 4%
Five Weapons 0%
Invincible 13%
Judge Dredd 3%
The Legend of Luther Strode 2%
Mind The Gap 1%
Saga 20%
Star Wars 3%
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 12%
The Spider 1%
The Walking Dead 14%
X-O Manowar 3%
Other (Specify in comments!) 16%

Welcome to the latest question of the week! We obviously can't list every non-Marvel/DC title out there, so if your fave isn't an option, vote "other" and post what title it is below.

#101 Edited by TommytheHitman (2852 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

Invincible! My favorite ongoing series.

I'm an Invincipal for life.

This.

#102 Posted by The_Vein (167 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a tough call between Chew, Invincible, and Saga. I ultimately voted for Chew because it's got a lot more humor and imagination in it than the other two, and I don't feel sad after I read it. Usually.

#103 Posted by thor_rock (3 posts) - - Show Bio

#104 Edited by FalconPuuunch (942 posts) - - Show Bio

Irredeemable.

Wasn't perfect but I loved the characters and the concept of a Superman-like character snapping and going bat-sh*t crazy and killing every superhero in site and toppling entire cities simply because he gives no f*cks.

The ending was also the best thing I have ever read in comics. Very edgy and smart. Loveeeed it.

#105 Posted by tchalla3000 (54 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT BABY!!!

#106 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite indie series that doesn't get anywhere near the love it should.

#107 Edited by AskaniSon295 (427 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Bloodstrike & Youngblood but I don't consider these books to be indie. Starwars Dawn of The Jedi is probably the best graphic novel I've read in awhile, but I wouldn't consider this indie either nor would I consider any Valiant title or Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

#108 Edited by k4tzm4n (36394 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Bloodstrike & Youngblood but I don't consider these books to be indie. Starwars Dawn of The Jedi is probably the best graphic novel I've read in awhile, but I wouldn't consider this indie either nor would I consider any Valiant title or Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Like I've stated in the comments, the title is there for simplicity's sake.

Staff
#109 Posted by -The Renegade- (125 posts) - - Show Bio

locke and key !

#110 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

After only 2 issues I have to say East of West is my favorite book. All hail Hickman.

#111 Posted by Lvenger (18226 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was deciding which indie book I should add to my pull list, TMNT stuck out a great deal. Not just because of my love for the characters, the positive reviews it had been getting or the fact @k4tzm4n: himself suggested it to me. What really won me over was the dedication of the creative team on this title to honouring and revitalizing this franchise. This title gives the reader something unique each month which makes it stand out for me with all the DC and Marvel comics I read mostly.

#112 Posted by capuga (42 posts) - - Show Bio
#113 Posted by JamesScott (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving Star Wars...and surprised but it's relatively low share of the vote

#114 Edited by Dm225 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all those the only one I follow is East of West but since it's only been two issues I voted for Walking Dead.

#115 Posted by kpung (382 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang no Manhattan Projects on the list.

#116 Posted by dtschemmel (503 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Deathmatch by boom studios. It's really AA like.

#117 Posted by k4tzm4n (36394 posts) - - Show Bio

This will only remain open for another hour or so!

Staff