• 117 results
Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Favorite Indie Title? (Comic Book Question of the Week) (270 votes)

Chew 5%
Clone 1%
Deathmatch 1%
East of West 4%
Five Weapons 0%
Invincible 13%
Judge Dredd 3%
The Legend of Luther Strode 2%
Mind The Gap 1%
Saga 20%
Star Wars 3%
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 12%
The Spider 1%
The Walking Dead 14%
X-O Manowar 3%
Other (Specify in comments!) 16%

Welcome to the latest question of the week! We obviously can't list every non-Marvel/DC title out there, so if your fave isn't an option, vote "other" and post what title it is below.

#1 Posted by bob808 (6747 posts) - - Show Bio

The Spider

#2 Posted by Cap10nate (2122 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatale is my favorite at the moment. I've been falling of the Saga bandwagon slowly as the series wears on. Really want to start up reading X-O Manowar but just waiting for a Comixology sale.

#3 Edited by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

CHEW needs moar votes.

#4 Posted by Renchamp (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

Went with the Walking Dead, but I love that K4tz got Five Weapons in there. More people should read it.

#5 Posted by GiveUpNed (73 posts) - - Show Bio

This is tough. Both Chew and The Walking Dead are fantastic titles. I ultimately went with The Walking Dead though.

#6 Edited by TDK_1997 (14435 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Saga.

#7 Posted by microwave25 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Prophet. Beyond amazing.

#8 Posted by longbowhunter (6621 posts) - - Show Bio

Picked Saga, Witch Doctor is nipping at it's heels though.

#9 Edited by JakeN7 (10005 posts) - - Show Bio

I picked Saga, but I would've had a harder time of it if Bloodshot or Shadowman were options.

#10 Posted by The_Tree (7075 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible! My favorite ongoing series.

I'm an Invincipal for life.

#11 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10913 posts) - - Show Bio

I put Invincible because I recently started the series. But there are a lot of great comics listed on there. Some I want to start pulling.

#12 Posted by yo_yo_fun (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatale!

#13 Posted by capuga (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible is the best book on the stands. Runners up on that list would be The Walking Dead, Luther Strode, Saga, and Chew.

#14 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14586 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by NathanXplosion (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, how is Fatale not on this list? Just saying.

#16 Posted by verbaleuan (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Elephantmen

#17 Edited by kennybaese (1088 posts) - - Show Bio

Those of you not voting for Chew are doing it wrong.

#18 Edited by Xwraith (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wish I could vote for both Star Wars and TMNT, but I'll go with Star Wars.

#19 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3545 posts) - - Show Bio

Fred Perry's GOLD DIGGER

#20 Posted by kantrip (102 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted Saga, but I'm also seriously hooked on The Massive right now as well. That book deserves a lot of love for doing post-apocalypse without resorting to a Mad Max or Zombies gimmick.

#21 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19888 posts) - - Show Bio

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Invincible isn't "indie" for me anymore. If it was it would be my number 1 though.

#22 Edited by Mr. Kamikaze (517 posts) - - Show Bio

X-O Manowar counts as an indie?

Then I chose other, going with Archer & Armstrong. Love that book, so great!

#23 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, how is Fatale not on this list? Just saying.

Human error, that's how. I had it as part of the final draft of the list but must have accidentally not included it in the final post. Regardless, you can still vote other and state what it is you voted for. I'll be counting those.

Staff
#24 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Invincible isn't "indie" for me anymore. If it was it would be my number 1 though.

X-O Manowar counts as an indie?

Then I chose other, going with Archer & Armstrong. Love that book, so great!

Meh, anything non-Marvel/DC is being deemed "indie" for this.

Staff
#25 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19888 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Ah...then I should have voted for Invincible. Since Invincible is published by Image, I think Image (as well as Dark Horse) are popular and have enough sales to not be independent. IDW is on the thin line of independent comics. They have popular characters/franchises such as Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but they seem to not sell as much.

#26 Edited by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#27 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19888 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Yeah I know what you mean. Sorting out all the comic books that have below _____ amount of sales and other categories would take a while to sort. So which is your favorite indie comic book currently?

#28 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5870 posts) - - Show Bio

CLONE!!!! It's the most Underrated book in the pool.

#29 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Saga

#30 Edited by Aiden Cross (15559 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

@kantrip said:

I voted Saga, but I'm also seriously hooked on The Massive right now as well. That book deserves a lot of love for doing post-apocalypse without resorting to a Mad Max or Zombies gimmick.

I've been pondering picking up the first trade of this book. What would you compare it to in tone and content?

#32 Edited by Mucklefluga (2503 posts) - - Show Bio

I think i love SAGA the most out of that, THE WALKING DEAD and CHEW, but CHEW probably doesn't have a lot of votes so i'll pick that.

#33 Posted by ragdollpurps (15571 posts) - - Show Bio

I really love Glory. :'[

#34 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n: Yeah I know what you mean. Sorting out all the comic books that have below _____ amount of sales and other categories would take a while to sort. So which is your favorite indie comic book currently?

I was torn between TMNT/X-O/Five Weapons/Strode. Ultimately, X-O earned my vote -- wasn't an easy choice, though.

Staff
#35 Posted by RigorMortis (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Without question, my favorite non-big-two comic is Saga. However, The Manhattan Projects or Fatale really should have at least been options over stuff like East of West, which is wonderful so far but has only released a single issue. How can that be anyone's favorite?

#36 Posted by inferiorego (21112 posts) - - Show Bio

These books aren't indie enough. I only read comics drawn on notebook paper featuring characters only used once.

Staff
#37 Posted by Cavemold (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

I went XO as well east of west only has one issue out.saga has been good but not great.

#38 Edited by Dark_Guyver (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

TMMT! One of my favorites any any comic publisher.

#39 Edited by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Other: Nowhere Men. It's better than everything you're reading and you've never even heard of it.

#40 Edited by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

Harbinger!!!!!!

#41 Edited by thenexusrebound (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Other: Carbon Grey. It is pretty awesome and I am a sucker for dieselpunk story lines.

#42 Posted by SmashBrawler (5425 posts) - - Show Bio

Invincible for sure.

#43 Posted by akbogert (3180 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not voting because I haven't actually read enough indie titles to have formed a preference (only one issue each of a handful mentioned here, though for what it's worth Fatale is probably the number one indie title I am actually planning to get into when money makes it possible).

However I just read the first trade of Morning Glories and was kind of blown away by it, so that might get my vote for now if I were voting.

#44 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19888 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@yourneighborhoodcomicgeek said:

I was torn between TMNT/X-O/Five Weapons/Strode. Ultimately, X-O earned my vote -- wasn't an easy choice, though.

What's the plot for X-O Manowar?

#45 Edited by vPuik (82 posts) - - Show Bio

Judge Dredd is the only one I'm reading so I just voted for that.

#46 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Pretty much this:

Staff
#47 Posted by CrashLanden (122 posts) - - Show Bio

Tall Tales From The Badlands... I may be a little biased, though.

#48 Edited by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

These books aren't indie enough. I only read comics drawn on notebook paper featuring characters only used once.

Notebook paper? That's so mainstream.

Staff
#49 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32177 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatale

#50 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19888 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Pretty much this:

So he's trying to take down some type of empire?