Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Mia Dearden a.k.a
Mia Dearden a.k.a "Speedy"

I’ll be the first to admit that the title of this thread is a bit wonky. I was trying to edit my query down to a few words. What it comes down to is this, though:

Every so often an established hero cannot carry on being a named-hero for a variety of reasons. Most of the time it’s because they’re “dead”, but it can also be they’ve retired or been rejected by whatever commission oversees their superpoweredness.

For example, Thor was Eric Masterson but the current Thor is Jane Foster. Batman has always been Bruce Wayne except when he was Jean-Paul Valley Jr., Dick Grayson or Jason Todd, etc... Diana Prince had to give up the title of Wonder Woman for a while as Artemis assumed the role. These days, I think Captain America is Sam Wilson (formerly The Falcon) but has also been “Bucky” Barnes and a few others.

Then there are the gender-swap versions. Lynn Michaels assumed the skull icon of the Punisher for a while. Stephanie Brown has been both Robin and a version of Batgirl. And, my personal favorite, Kate Bishop adopted the Hawkeye name when Clint Barton “died” and kept using it when he returned to be Hawkeye again.

My question isn’t so much about alternate reality characters, Elseworlds’ versions, or the female variations of male heroes like She-Hulk to Hulk and X-23 to Wolverine. I'm just curious if others have read a superhero book and said, “say that guy (or gal) isn’t the real [Blank], but they’re pretty cool anyway.”

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@penguindust: That i dont know. There is Connor Hawke but he is male version of Kate Bishop´s example. There also are both Deathstroke and Jason who use the Batman´s codename to commit crimes and Jason also use once Nightwing´s codename for that to. Jason also use Red Robin´s codename in Coutdown even with Tim Drake being alive. There also are the Batman on Batman all nations or Batman Inc which is diferente people using Batman and Robin figures as their nationality version of Batman and also being stereotype at same time.

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lateralus

Amanda Sefton as Magik wasn't bad

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

So you mean Legacy characters?

Scott Lang is my Ant-Man

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash and Gargon as Venom come to mind also, though neither are as cool as Brock

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Penguin-Dust

@avenging_x_bolt:Yes, "legacy characters" was probably the phrase I was looking for. Thank you.

@vitalius: Connor Hawke would have been the type of character I was talking about. Come to think of it, Kyle Rayner was probably one as well, but I get confused when there appears to be so many Green Lanterns of Sector 2814.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lettsplay10
ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Todd as the most recent Red Hood would probably be my favorite Legacy.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick as Batman.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Heatblaze

Captain Marvel

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Mmm I'll go with Kate Bishop as Hawkeye

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

@penguindust: If it´s about legacy, Black Canary is all time favorite, she is legacy of all her mentors and sensei and made and she one of example what somethings being the original doesnt mean that is the best one. Sometimes it´s hard to concerd all lanterns as legacy heroes but Kyle Rayner is also good example. Sector sometimes are a mess.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Wally West as the Flash.

barryallen23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dinah taking her mother black canary name

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AwesomePerson
GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Flash Thompson donning the symbiote to become Agent Venom is the greatest Venom to date in my opinion (yep, even more than Brock).

I loved when Dick Grayson donned the Cowl to become Batman. Too bad it had to end.

I loved Bucky as Cap.

Dinah took the Black Canary mantle from her mother and is a total badass.

Then of course there's Carol Danvers who currently has taken the mantle of Captain Marvel.

A lot of great legacy characters out there, some even better than the originals.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By zaied

Flash Thompson as Venom all the way. Much better than Brock IMO.

Terry McGinnis fully embracing the mantle of Batman in Epilogue is also one of my favorites.