Favorite episode from a comic based animated series?

Avatar image for cycloptometrist
Cycloptometrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It can be from any comic based cartoon. Let us know if it's a multi-part episode or if we need to watch previous episodes to understand/appreciate it.

Mine's would have to be Wildcards, the 2-part episode rom Justice League.

black_wreath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 109

Teen Titans - Nevermore, I did not like the show before this episode but I loved many ways the viewer can interpret the little things.

And "What's the matter? Afraid of the dark?" is the most badass line in a show that rarely had them.

ThoughtRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't remember the name of the episode, but when Superman fought Darkseid on Braniac's ship. One of the only times during the whole show where Superman was angry.

jasonhawke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Justice: S1Ep18 Secrets - Goddamn, Harm is hawt!

Young Justice: S1Ep15 Humanity - Lovin' the Red family appearances

Young Justice: S1Ep17 Disordered - Superboy's character development and the appearances of the New Gods

Justice League Unlimited: S2Ep7 Clash - Shazam vs Superman + Ideals

Teen Titans Ep62 Go! - Animated origins of the Teen Titans is cool

Teen Titans Ep64 Titans Together - All the episodes before built up to this!

Teen Titans Ep50,51,52 The End Trilogy - Awesome!

Teen Ttians Go! Ep46 Grandma Voice - Black humor is funny to me

Teen Ttians Go! Ep49 Mr Butt - Guilty Pleasure

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men Evolution's "Rebirth", this episode featured Captain America.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pinecone1510

Young justice: s01e21 Image. It has one of the best twist ever put in a super-hero animated show. a character we once though we knew ends up being a complete fabrication.
s02e15 War. For the other side we have a fun action filled episode where Mongul comes to earth with Warworld. It literally takes the whole teams maximum efforts to take him down.

Spectacular Spider-Man: s01e03 Natural Selection. Easily the best Lizard put on screen. Great action and some truly deep stuff with the Connors family. It also has a great spider-man no more moment at the end that truly brings it all together. Words cannot truly represent how the lizard is great in this, he's just a pure cold-blooded animal.

Green Lantern TAS: s01e19 Loss. Green lantern is different then other shows mostly because of it's sequential storytelling. So these 2 episodes wouldn't be the best if it weren't for everything building up to it. All i will say is that there are 5 seconds in this episode that are worse to me on an emotional level then any other media.
s01e26. Dark Matter (finale). Again just of culmination of everything with some added bombastic action for good measure. There was a thread a few months back where people were naming their favorite super-hero tv shows and every time GL would get mentioned they almost always mentioned the finale and how it brought them to tears.

Beware the Batman:s01e18 Games. Batman, Katana, Commissioner Gordon, the Mayor and criminal kingpin Tobias Whale are all trapped in a Saw style trap infested mansion. Fun traps with a great twist at the end showing no matter how hard you try even Batman can lose with circumstances out of his control.

Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes: s01e07 Breakout part 2. When the team finally comes together and beat an opponent together.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers EMH Breakout

Justice League Too many to say

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlackLegRaph

JL/JLU, Young Justice, Teen Titans, Spectacular Spiderman, Young Justice, Avengers EMH and X-men TAS have too many to list.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Along Came a Spider" - EMH

A story starring Captain America and Spider-man, this episode shows us that being a hero isn't about having powers, having a good reputation, or even being thanked by anyone you might help, but doing the right thing, regardless of what people think of you. Essentially, being independent and unselfish, ruled by your beliefs rather than your ego.

Cap and Spidey are two of my favorite comic heroes, and both are portrayed well in EMH. Here, their storylines converge, and their mutual encouragement gives them strength as they each face uncertain times.

There are all sorts of fine touches, like Cap's sage smile as Spider-man jokingly asks if he can be his sidekick (probably thinking of Bucky), the heroism of regular people like Agent Quartermain and the civilians, and the homage to Lee/Ditko's work as Spider-man struggles to support a tremendous weight in order to save lives. Also, the Daily Bugle staff make an appearance.

I highly recommend watching it. I believe it's on Youtube.

Cycloptometrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmummy: just caught this on Netflix about 10 minutes ago. great episode!

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12 JediXMan  Moderator

JLU - Epilogue.

Cycloptometrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonhawke: I've always wanted to get into Teen Titans, but found it a little too manga for my taste. I remember liking the Red X episode and the stuff with Terra. I'll have to give your list a watch, thanks for the recommendations.

gunswordfist_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gunswordfist_

Either Emperor Joker or the Starro 2 parter in Batman The Brave & The Bold.

Edit: Oh, you mean any comic book cartoon and not just an episode that adapts a comic book story. Well then Two-Face part 1 and 2 is my favorite. That established Two-Face as my favorite villain in all of fiction.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Heart of Ice - Batman TAS

Cycloptometrist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta: Hmmm....I thought i'd seen most of evolution but I don't remember this one. Does Cap play a significant role or is it more of a cameo?

regiebravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Teen Titans: Aprentice I + II

ParaChomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heart of Ice - Batman TAS

It took 15 posts to be mentioned?

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvete_e_dcnauta: Hmmm....I thought i'd seen most of evolution but I don't remember this one. Does Cap play a significant role or is it more of a cameo?

Ooh, a Cap appearance that I've yet to see...

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By SupBatz

Either B:tas Harley's Holiday or YJ Bloodlines..

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

@marvete_e_dcnauta said:

X-Men Evolution's "Rebirth", this episode featured Captain America.

Just saw it. Pretty good. Nicely self-contained too, provided you know who the characters are at least.