Favorite Deadpool Run (Comic Book Question of the Week)

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Favorite Deadpool Run (Comic Book Question of the Week) (211 votes)

Deadpool (1993) 4%
Deadpool (1994) 1%
Deadpool (1997) 9%
Cable & Deadpool 31%
Deadpool (2008) 13%
Deadpool: Suicide Kings 3%
Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth 2%
Deadpool MAX 1%
Deadpool Corps 2%
Deadpool Team-Up 0%
Deadpool: Wade Wilson's War 0%
Deadpool Pulp 1%
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe 7%
Deadpool Killustrated 2%
Deadpool (Current) 23%

Vote in the latest Comic Book Question of the Week! Voting will remain open until Thursday morning (ET) and detailed results and more will be posted on the homepage shortly after.

• 
Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

Always with Deadpool. I still don't get how he's become so popular. Might be just me but he seems over represented on here.

IDK Maybe I'll check out the winning run...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Cable and Deadpool...easiest question yet

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joe Kelly's run on Deadpool was awesome! All his dislikers should check it out to see what Deadpool is really about.

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

Cable and Deadpool is not just my favorite Deadpool series; its one of my favorite series ever, full stop.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Waypool is bestpool.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the newest deapool series from posehn and duggan. Mostly because they have a way of making deadpool really, really funny when he wants to be, and letting the character develop when he needs to as well. I think the most recent arc shows this the best. However it may be too soon to call seeing as it is only on issue 12. And if not that series than I really liked what daniel way did with the territory. Especially with the DEAD arc and all of the stuff where deadpool tries to date/marry lady death. Making deadpool thanos' greatest cockblock.

andy_117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really, really like the Marvel NOW! run. Shit's tight.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Mucklefluga

Wow, i didn't realise Cable & Deadpool was that loved/good. May have to check it out. I voted for current, Remender Deadpool deserves a mention since it's not on the list.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@mucklefluga said:

Wow, i didn't realise Cable & Deadpool was that loved/good. May have to check it out. I voted for a current, Remender Deadpool deserves a mention since it's not on the list.

I considered adding Remender's run, but I decided against it since Wade had a limited role when taking the entire series into account. That said, I do agree he did a good job with the character, though. And yes, C&D is magnificent.

impossibilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By impossibilly

Joe Kelly's run on Deadpool was awesome! All his dislikers should check it out to see what Deadpool is really about.

Agreed. Deadpool #11 is one of my favorite comic books ever! Kelly's run is amazing and made the character what he is today.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided

KRYPTON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KRYPTON

The current Deadpool series is what I voted, it may not be as legendary as some of the other Deadpool titles, but it is one that I've got the most laughs out of. Deadpool [to me] is a comic book character that really does not have a prominent role in the Marvel continuity, as compared to characters like Captain America or Wolverine. He is in main stream continuity, but every time he is added to a major story arc, he seems to fall short in a certain way. Maybe it is the way that the writers have built up the characters reputation at being able to talk to the readers and actually know that he's fictitious. Or maybe he does not appeal to readers as a comic book character worth checking out. Whatever the reason may be, Deadpool is best alone in his own series because he [at least for now] is used to get readers to laugh or think to themselves "that was funny..."

No Caption Provided

That is why the current Deadpool title is so successful. The writers [Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan] focus on making Deadpool crazy, funny, and super violent. While not paying attention to what all is going on in the main stream marvel continuity. Daniel Way's Deadpool was great, but it seemed to focus more on trying to get DP more involved with the main continuity instead of focusing on just Deadpool. Posehn and Duggan's current run with Deadpool make readers feel comfortable and excited for the next issue of Deadpool without them thinking, "oh, it's Deadpool. Wolverine's ripoff." And totally passing on the series. Deadpool is best by himself because he's just too weird to fit in with the main stream continuity. Not saying that isn't going to change in the future, however right now Deadpool needs to be by himself. Because the people that are loyal fans of Deadpool will not want to make Deadpool come out of his comfort zone and be [written as] somebody that he's not. That is why Deadpool's current run is the best.

ThorBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ThorBoy

93 deadpool has joe mad on art and an excellent villain in slayback. Also deadpool wasn't a total buffoon and didn't beat taskmaster by using the Macarena

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@mucklefluga said:

Wow, i didn't realise Cable & Deadpool was that loved/good. May have to check it out. I voted for a current, Remender Deadpool deserves a mention since it's not on the list.

I considered adding Remender's run, but I decided against it since Wade had a limited role when taking the entire series into account. That said, I do agree he did a good job with the character, though. And yes, C&D is magnificent.

Hmmm i thought Liefeld did that run so i've been avoiding it.

HubrisRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HubrisRanger

Hmmm i thought Liefeld did that run so i've been avoiding it.

Liefeld just did the covers for the first six issues or so; the interior art was mostly done by the fantastic Patrick Zircher and written by Fabian Niciezia.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@thorboy said:

93 deadpool has joe mad on art and an excellent villain in slayback. Also deadpool wasn't a total buffoon and didn't beat taskmaster by using the Macarena

Man, I wish a writer would give Slayback the spotlight again.

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had to go with Cable and Deadpool. They are among my favorite buddy/team-up duo. although I am really enjoying current deadpool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@krypton_ said:

The current Deadpool series is what I voted, it may not be as legendary as some of the other Deadpool titles, but it is one that I've got the most laughs out of. Deadpool [to me] is a comic book character that really does not have a prominent role in the Marvel continuity, as compared to characters like Captain America or Wolverine. He is in main stream continuity, but every time he is added to a major story arc, he seems to fall short in a certain way. Maybe it is the way that the writers have built up the characters reputation at being able to talk to the readers and actually know that he's fictitious. Or maybe he does not appeal to readers as a comic book character worth checking out. Whatever the reason may be, Deadpool is best alone in his own series because he [at least for now] is used to get readers to laugh or think to themselves "that was funny..."

No Caption Provided

That is why the current Deadpool title is so successful. The writers [Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan] focus on making Deadpool crazy, funny, and super violent. While not paying attention to what all is going on in the main stream marvel continuity. Daniel Way's Deadpool was great, but it seemed to focus more on trying to get DP more involved with the main continuity instead of focusing on just Deadpool. Posehn and Duggan's current run with Deadpool make readers feel comfortable and excited for the next issue of Deadpool without them thinking, "oh, it's Deadpool. Wolverine's ripoff." And totally passing on the series. Deadpool is best by himself because he's just too weird to fit in with the main stream continuity. Not saying that isn't going to change in the future, however right now Deadpool needs to be by himself. Because the people that are loyal fans of Deadpool will not want to make Deadpool come out of his comfort zone and be [written as] somebody that he's not. That is why Deadpool's current run is the best.

I have that comic. Definitely one of my favorite Deadpool moments so far.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best series is probably the original '97 Deadpool ongoing. But considering I haven't had the chance to read many of those issues, I'm going with Cable & Deadpool. Those two make a very good pair. The current Deadpool series by Duggan and Posehn is a close third, as it is an amazing return to form for the character.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Cable & Deadpool. That and Deadpool Pulp is the only ones I'v read

henrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By henrik

Deadpool 2008 , and 2012 .

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The Circle Chase miniseries I love the most out of Wade's tales.

SadiaVicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Agreed. Deadpool #11 is one of my favorite comic books ever! Kelly's run is amazing and made the character what he is today.

Agreed.

Daniel Way's run on the character almost killed what he trully is.

Joe Kelly's run is the definitive Deadpool.

roboadmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Of the listed ones, Suicide Kings. I probably liked him best in Uncanny X-Force though. I like him better as a supporting character than a solo lead. He's not coherent enough to support a plot by himself. He's more a string of gags than an actual character.

joyita1413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the current deadpool is a evolution of the others i loved it.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

Joe Kelly's run hands down was the best.....but I'm content with Cable and Deadpool winning as well as Gerry and Brian's new series.

Just as long as Daniel Way's series doesn't win.

fury714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Current deadpool is exceeding my expectations :D

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm stuck between the current deadpool and cable and deapool.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Y NO IN DEADPOOL FORUM!?!?!?!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@k4tzm4n said:

@thorboy said:

Man, I wish a writer would give Slayback the spotlight again.

Oooof course....