Favorite DC Animated Movies VOTING: 'Wonder Woman' vs. 'Superman vs. The Elite'

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Favorite DC Animated Movies VOTING: 'Wonder Woman' vs. 'Superman vs. The Elite' (339 votes)

Superman vs. The Elite 39%
Wonder Woman 47%
I can't choose... I like them both equally! 6%
Sorry, I'm not a fan of either movie 2%
It brings me great shame to admit I haven't watched these movies and I won't be able to before Friday 6%

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

The next DC animated movie, Batman: Assault on Arkham, is currently available digitally and the Blu-ray/DVD will go on sale next week (you can read our review here). To help ease the wait, we thought it would be fun to reflect on two of DC's excellent animated projects: Superman vs. The Elite and Wonder Woman. While Assault on Arkham juggles a variety of characters, these two features focused solely on their famous leads and both delivered hugely entertaining rides.

Directed by Lauren Montgomery, Wonder Woman proves that yes, a Wonder Woman movie can work! Diana's voiced by Kerri Russell and the narrative doesn't shy away from the iconic character's mythology. It embraces the key elements of her tale, focuses on the character's depth, and produces plenty of fun and exciting scenes. Meanwhile, Superman vs. the Elite is directed by Michael Chang and is inspired by the terrific ACTION COMICS #775. If you think Kal-El is just a lame or boring boy scout, this is a story you seriously need to experience. The movie places his morals front and center and will help you appreciate why one of the most powerful characters in the DC universe acts the way he does. Obviously, both are more than worthy of your time and attention, but which one do you prefer and why?

Don't worry, you have plenty of time to reflect on these animated movies! The poll will stay open until Friday morning (ET), so that should give you more than enough room to watch these movies and really give the comparison some proper thought. If you do happen to have a preference, we want to hear why! What is it about the experience that made you prefer it over the other? Is it a specific scene? Do you think the narrative is more gripping? Perhaps you thought one was simply more exciting than the other? After you vote, be sure to let us know in the comments below! So, which DC animated movie will take the victory, Viners?

Check the homepage this Friday to see how the voting ends up and why. In the meantime, feel free to make future match-up suggestions in the comments below or tell us via Twitter.

• 
Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Superman here for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Superman vs elite for me. While it's design of superman was a bit silly the film stayed true to essence of the original story and even included the famous dreams speech. Unfortunately I haven't seen Wonder Woman. I should probably get around to seeing it.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh, no love for old school Superman.

the_comebacks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Wonder Woman the Animated Movie is far superior. This is the type of movie fans want to see a live action version of. The story is humorous, characters are lovable and the music is epic. I went into this movie being skeptical that a WW movie could work, but by the end I had been convinced a WW story can deliver the goods. The dvd sales for this movie were originally low, but within the past year and a half it has shot up the DC animated movie sales list. If you haven't seen this movie, you may be missing out on one of the gems of the dc animated universe.

4_color_image

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Though not the best DC DTV, Wonder Woman was light years better than Superman vs The Elite. SvTH may be the worst DC DTV since the first GL DTV movie!

Jyger85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Jyger85

This is INSANELY hard, but I'm gonna say Wonder Woman by a hair.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I absolutely loved Superman vs The Elite.

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman without question.While Superman was better than most thought it would be given the shitty title and the fact that's it's a single issue story.

WW just tops it in every way.Not only that but just like Bret Hart Wonder Woman(2009) is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.It gives you all you want out of an WW film and just blows you away by giving you what you didn't even know you wanted.

Like downright gory, disturbing violence and action scenes, mostly involving women(naturally), a score worthy of mention among the greats, funnier than most comedy's today and a climax so epic in stakes and scope that it has yet to be matched by any of the other films be they animated or not(bigger than The Avengers and Dark Knight Rises).Also no Deus Ex Machina for once, although to be fair i would say she is over-powered but reasoning is reasonable.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

For once, I'm going with the "I can't choose" option. Typically I feel like that's a copout option. But in this case I really do like both of these pretty equally. Both were fun, well animated pieces that I enjoyed multiple times. There's really no way to choose without digging out my Dark Knight collectible Two-Face coin and flipping it.

No Caption Provided

(and no, that's not a joke. I keep this coin in my pocket at all times.)

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

I really liked them both but I found Superman to be a little holier than thou in that one. Voted Wonder Woman but they are both great movies.

Artoreus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman all I have to say is the lasso scene and it has Nathan Fillian from Firefly and the Amazonian warrior women who look like super models beat the crap out of sexist men :)

LyraFay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Both. I think they both show interesting ways how the superhero format can be played. Wonder Woman brought the best about the heroine and gives the superhero origin a nice change and plays with gender types especially with Diana/Steve Trevor dynamic. Superman vs The Elite explores the different superheroes we are looking and ones we support, do we want a majestic god like Superman or do we the renegades like Manchester Black who plays with our assumptions of heroes? Cool but brutal?

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People liked the Wonder Woman movie better? I hope DC sees this because they no excuse to not a live-action film for this long.

Anyway, I prefer Superman vs. The Elite and I like how it chose to be a bit different from the original story rather than be a carbon copy like The Dark Knight Returns was.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wonder Woman solely based on animation style.

LuisEscobar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easiest decision i've ever made on one of these :) Loved Wonder Woman but Superman vs the elite is something that makes you look at the character in a whole new amazing light, i forgave whatever minor problems i had with art for that remarkable story. Everyone should watch it!

Totally agree!

LuisEscobar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By LuisEscobar

The Wonder Woman animated movie didn't even make my top ten list of superhero animated movies.

And by the way guys, when you say you liked the "animation" more in the Wonder Woman movie, it isn't the animation you're critiquing. Both movies are animated about the same way. What you're actually critiquing is the production value and the designs.

Superman vs the Elite had some pretty ugly and inconsistant designs, and the first 1/4 of the movie has some really bad compositions and shots. But it's SUCH a good Superman story.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Do you have to ask?

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

WW . hated the animation in supes vs the elite (also they poked fun at The Authority, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

I chose Wonder Woman since I really liked what they did with her character in that film.

Avatar image for i_dont_like_comics
i_dont_like_comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dimitridkatsis: there's love for old school supes, just not for this inferior movie, especially compared to the ww movie. and no, the original comic story did not do a thing for me. it was bland, predictable and done way better in a million animes.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@dimitridkatsis: there's love for old school supes, just not for this inferior movie, especially compared to the ww movie. and no, the original comic story did not do a thing for me. it was bland, predictable and done way better in a million animes.

Saying it again and again doesn't make it true :P

Slonewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder Woman has vote. As much as I love the scene where Superman goes Sephiroth (for those who understand this reference) against the Elite, Wonder Woman had great casting choice. And near the end where its Amazons vs the Army of Ares is just perfect.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how a majority of people are posting that both movies were good regardless of which one they are voting for. I personally think we just love these two movies so much because they show the hero exactly as we think of them as. When you see the movies, you can help but think "Yes! That is Wonder Woman" or "Yes! That is Superman!". You feel like you are actually seeing the real character as they are, instead of just some version of them that directors think they could work out as.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pick Both. On a side note, I think Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths had the smoothest animation of all the animated DC movies.