#1 Posted by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I was looking through some galleries and I saw a number of AMAZING cover artwork, but unfortunately, none of it is ever really credited with the author. Apart from Artgerm and Alex Garner, who's signature I recognize, I don't really know of many others.

Who are your favorite cover artists? Link to a gallery or a picture, if you don't mind!

#2 Posted by Kiltro95 (295 posts) - - Show Bio

These are my favs on coverart.

#3 Edited by The_Tree (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

I freaking LOVE Artgerm's covers! Alex Ross is always good, too.

I'm pretty big on Adi Granov's covers for Marvel.

Kaare Andrews' covers are great too.

Ultimate Spider-Man #4 - Kaare Andrews
#4 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio
The New Avengers

Mike dedato jr. his artwork is amazing and really good !

#5 Posted by FrankenKong (236 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the best I've seen in a VERY long time since Kingdom Come. A shame all the inside pages of Hulk couldn't be this epic.

#6 Posted by zombietag (1489 posts) - - Show Bio
jeff lemire
ribic
#7 Posted by zombietag (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

oh and lets not forget jock:

#8 Posted by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrankenKong: Do you know who did that cover art for Hulk?

#10 Posted by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Alex Garner and Stanley Lau are just... ad;kfjfksjfkfjdMADF.

I can't even describe how much I just stare at their cover art. It is so ridiculously amazing.

Not to mention Sana Takeda - who's interior artwork is basically panels of cover art. xD

#11 Posted by Mercy_ (91937 posts) - - Show Bio

@Augment: Your taste is amazing :D

And yes, that's how I feel with Mike Choi, especially when he was working with Sonia Oback. I miss X-Force vol 3 :(

#12 Posted by JediXMan (31579 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@Augment: Your taste is amazing :D

And yes, that's how I feel with Mike Choi, especially when he was working with Sonia Oback. I miss X-Force vol 3 :(

Does he still work with Sonia? I haven't seen Mike Choi's work in anything recent lately.

#13 Posted by Mercy_ (91937 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: Nope. They apparently split up and he married somebody else. He's working over at DC now. He's doing covers for Demon Knights as well as GL covers and occasional interiors. It's really unfortunate, but I doubt we're gonna see him and Sonia work together again.

#14 Posted by JediXMan (31579 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@JediXMan: Nope. They apparently split up and he married somebody else. He's working over at DC now. He's doing covers for Demon Knights as well as GL covers and occasional interiors. It's really unfortunate, but I doubt we're gonna see him and Sonia work together again.

Aw. That's a shame. They worked EXTREMELY well together. Choi is good, but he's especially good when Sonia Oback is the colorist. Plus I liked the idea of a husband and wife art team.

#15 Posted by Mercy_ (91937 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Mercy_ said:

Aw. That's a shame. They worked EXTREMELY well together. Choi is good, but he's especially good when Sonia Oback is the colorist. Plus I liked the idea of a husband and wife art team.

I know :( She's one of those colorists who really turned the art into something else, just like Laura Martin and Frank D'Armata.

We've still got awesome husband/wife creative teams, though. IE Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti.

#16 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6836 posts) - - Show Bio

I could name off so many but I'll just say that Ross has to be mine since, lets be honest, he's the Dean of Comic Book Artists.

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Ross

#18 Posted by Katie24 (488 posts) - - Show Bio

J.H. Williams III. He also does interior art. He is currently writing and drawing Batwoman. He is one of the best, if not the best artist in comics right now. I've also met him a few times and he's a really nice guy.

http://www.jhwilliams3.com/

#19 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

Sejic Pawns!

#20 Posted by _Cain_ (23659 posts) - - Show Bio

Danny Livusi!

#21 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Ross, Mike Choi, Ivan Reis

#22 Posted by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

Sejic Pawns!

The attention to detail on this is baffling. My jaw dropped a good five inches.

#23 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

I love David Yardin work on X-Factor. They have better covers than some on the major X-books.

#24 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

Ale Ross' work in Dynamite, all of his covers are AMAZING

#25 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

@Augment: Sejic is worthy to stand shoulder to shoulder with Alex Ross as an Artist

#26 Posted by MatKrenz (1197 posts) - - Show Bio

David Yardin on X-Factor.

#27 Posted by Queso6p4 (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

@Augment: Haha! Mine did too. That is some gorgeous stuff.

@Katie24: I'm glad he's a nice guy and you're spot on about Batwoman. It has the nicest art I've seen in any book for a long time.

Some of my choices:

1. Alex Ross, naturally.
  2. Brian Stelfreeze
  3. Dennis Calero
  4. David Finch
  5. Rodolfo Migliari

From left to right: Stelfreeze, Finch, Calero, and Migliari.

#28 Posted by DoctorOctopus (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam Hughes is definately up there.