Favorite Comic Runs VOTING: Dan Slott's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN vs. SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Favorite Comic Runs VOTING: Dan Slott's THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN vs. SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN (250 votes)

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 36%
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN 60%
Unfortunately, I haven't read either. Shame on me. 5%

Spider-Man has been picked as our very first character of the month and we're doing everything we can to celebrate his victory! This week, we want you all to reflect on the work by Spidey's most recent writer, Dan Slott. Sure, these two options connect and compliment one another, but at the end of the day, they each bring their own strengths to the table and we want to see which ride you enjoyed more. Do you love the various stories Slott presented THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (beginning with Big Timeand ending with #700) or did Slott's tale of how Doctor Octopus handled his time as the webhead have you completely immersed?

Are you on the fence and want to reread some issues before picking a side? Well, no worries because the poll will remain open until Friday morning (ET). That's more than enough time to swing back into these runs and then give it some proper thought before making a decision. Is SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN truly superior or do the arcs in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN have your full support? You can help determine that verdict, so when you're ready, scroll up and cast your vote. Last but not least, we'll highlight a standout post made for each run. So, be sure to get your elaboration on when you explain why one title earned your love. Make it awesome enough and there's a chance it'll appear in the updated feature.

Check the homepage this Friday to see which run takes the prize and why. In the meantime, feel free to make future match-up suggestions in the comments below or tell us via Twitter.

• 
Avatar image for thewalkingdeadpool18
thewalkingdeadpool18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@laflux:

Look i could get in this ignorant stupid fight with an idiot. But what i will add on is Slott has a point in most of the time Peter is shown too be pretty shallow. Even in Spectacular Spider-Man shuddering anytime Aunt May talked about MJs wonderful personality before he met her. Things like that Peter has done in the comics too. So there's been alot supporting Peter of just being shallow. With some girls it even felt like he dealt with their insane amount of baggage because they're hot.

@the_lobster_

You get it man you pretty summed up the truth right there.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior rocks

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#53  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@jashro44: I'd love to see Yost take the reigns on Spidey. He's done such a good job with Kaine, and I haven't really seen him write a bad story.

It seems we are just in sync today, first the battle of the week and now this.

No Caption Provided

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I went with Superior. I actually enjoyed Ock as Spider-Man. It was a pretty fun run to me

ZbvmX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hail SpOck!

Tohoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both are pretty good. I went with amazing spider-man

BrockRumlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superior Spider-Man, was just that SUPERIOR. Otto proved what I have believed for a looooong time. Peter is an underachiever who does not live up to his potential. His power set, combined with his intellect, Spider-Man should be one of the most effective crime fighters on the planet. From Spider-Bots, to leaving MJ, Otto made better decisions than Peter. Outside of his heart, Peter was the Inferior Spider-Man.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would dearly love to never have to read another idiotic "Such and such was SUPERIOR" joke ever again.

They're both pretty mediocre, but ASM had the excellent Stefano Casseli to balance out Slott's complete inability to provide a satisfying climax.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brockrumlow: But basically ruined all of Peter's relationships. Peter isn't JUST a superhero. Awesome Crossbones pic btw.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By InnerVenom123

Superior spider-man is winning.

Superior Spider-man is F*cking winning.

I have lost faith in 70% of CV's community.

I was just here to read the comments but this post made me vote for Superior.

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It's been a while since I read it, but honestly Brand New Day has been my favourite Spidey-era in the time I've been reading (also Back in Black, but I'm biased cause that was my first entry story arc). It had a pretty horrible starting point, obviously, but out of that we got a bunch of really great Spider-man stories from a variety of writers. And I really loved the reimagining of Spidey's villains, Hammerhead in particular was pretty great.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Big Time was when I started reading comics. I go with AMZ for sentimental value.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually enjoyed Superior more than Amazing. That said it was refreshing that it ended with the true Superior Spider-Man The one and only Peter Parker.

BrockRumlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True, but it wasn't the Perfect Peter Parker, It was the Superior Spider-Man. And thank you.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jashro44

@granitesoldier: Yea I want to see Yost write a spider-man story as well now that Peter is back. I'm curious to see what it would be like...

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By LCazT1996

@mcbig said:

I love both but I think superior was cooler because it was something different. All I know is that I don't want him leaving anytime soon.

Dstick88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will always choose superior Spidey better than any amazing spiderman i have read in....ever

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

Amazing Spider-Man for me. Amazing Spider-Man gets my vote just because of two storylines: Big Time and New Ways to Die. In those storylines at least Peter felt like Peter and there was some good characterization behind each character that made an appearance. Slott's ASM had at least some big changes to the characters that sticked for a lot of time and he was generous to each villain he ever used(unlike in Superior).

Avatar image for manwhohaseverything
Manwhohaseverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Can't vote. I'd have to vote for which one I hated less.

Avatar image for admiral_ironbeast
Admiral_IronBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers